Marcus Fenix vs Master Chief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
They both get all their weapons .

IceJaw
Definitely MC.

Marcus would need a 5 second headstart to win, using the Hammer.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by IceJaw
Definitely MC.

Marcus would need a 5 second headstart to win, using the Hammer.

Co-signed. And this has already been done before. The outcome is the same, unless Marcus gets a pre-emptive attack on MC with the Hammer of Dawn there is absolutely no way in hell he is taking down John.

Stalker 360
even with the hammer chief wins.
he has capable speed to dodge it and im not sure about this but his shields could withstand it.

DarkC
Chief dodges the hammer and punches a hole through Marcus's face. The end.

Superboy Prime
I sincerely doubt Mjolnir's shields are tough enough to withstand the blast from the Hammer of Dawn; however he still obliterates Maximus. This is spite.

Blaxican
Marcus tags the Chief with a smoke grenade, then escapes in the confusion no expression

Always works for me online...

IceJaw
I love doing that. laughing

simonrob123
Originally posted by Blaxican
Marcus tags the Chief with a smoke grenade, then escapes in the confusion no expression

Always works for me online...
cheif has a moshon sensor he would know marcus was coming and use the sword on him on stick him with a plasma

ESB -1138
Master Chief uses his superior speed to dodge the hammer of dawn and avoid being tagged by a grenade and Master Chief slices Fenix in two with the plasma sword. Really Fenix can't win this.

Cloud_VII
MC wins.

Superboy Prime
They weren't being serious.

MadMel
yea, this is spite

((The_Anomaly))
MC wins in a fight. But they are both dull and uninteresting characters, what this battle should be is a battle of who is the least creative and least interesting. I'd say it goes to our GoW main man in a very close race.

Stalker 360
dull. yeah the concept behind MC while a tad overused (the whole bio enginered hero thing) is amazing and the way it plays off in the halo story is amazing.

were as marcus is fat the whole super buffed slow durable bad ass thing is getting annoying and fast

Blaxican
I prefered Marcus' character to Master Chiefs. The Chief says liek ten things the entire game.. and ahs no personality what so ever. He just does whatever hes' tyold to do, no questiosn asked. At least Marcus talks some smack about it. Plus, Id take Cole and bairds smart ass remarks over Cortana's any day.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea Marcus isn't really a guy of many words either. And what he does say is pretty stupid half the time.

"Are you THE Marcus Phoenix?!"
"...Yeah.."

The dialogue in GoW is horribly bad, to the point where me and my friends laugh at how generic it is.

Actually both GoW and Halo have sub-par stories and sub-par dialogue. Although Halo's story is slightly more interesting, but that isn't saying much. However, I liked GoW better then either Halo, mostly because Halo is just a generic FPS game, GoW was at least something different, though the gameplay was repetitive and got old fast.

Stalker 360
the halo storys is one of the most deep and intresting storys ever. have yoyu seen the depth of it. and this is only one story arc once this is done we will see more of the universe. with halo wars set before halo 1 and the peter jackson halo project (not the movie).

gears of wars art of story telling was below sub-par. the characters were 2d. the was no description of why marcus was in jail who is farther is and upon finishing it i pushed it a side and have yet to have a serious gaming session with it. i mean there is so much to be explained and i am aware of GoW2 and GoW3 but if it was anything like GoW1 ill return it the day it comes out.

a short story. a average multiplayer and stricken with glitches the only reason it sold what it did was hype and co-op.

im not saying halo dosnt sell because of hype but halo has far more diverse multiplayer. and a amazing story line. its became the most famouse xbox game for a reason.

as for the battle marcus = fail much like GoWs story

Blaxican
Halo's story line was nothing special at all. It's used in so many Sci-Fi stories it's not even funny. The books were weak as well.

As I said earlier I prefer Marcus and the Gang's diolouge over Halo's any day, with Master Chief's random grunts and Cortana's whining.

beta ray bob
I think i am the only one who thinks that marcus would win, a shield can't block a chainsaw

Stalker 360
please elaborate how. the story of humans colonizing the universe then being attack by aliens upon which the create super soilders. to combat the threat but they still fighting a losing war. add to that the flood and the whole forerunner back story, the halo s and there ark/arks aswell as the the linkage to previouse gameas. is a completly originol idea. add to that the gameplay macanics which you see in a increasing number of games today and you have 100% generation change.

Blaxican
Where have I seen that plot before? Oh yeah.. Star Craft. And AVP... and Stargate...

Human Race colonizes or explores other planets, they get attacked by super advanced race. Very unadvanced yet numerous alien race comes and starts attacking the Humans and Advanced Alien race. Advanced Alien race and Humans band together to defeat the backasswards ALien race.

Seen it to many times...

Stalker 360
no how have humans and aliens banded together. the covenant split and the elites have from the new covenant as described in the halo graphic novel. and as of the end of the newest book they are still at war. ok arbitor and jhonson are working together but that was becuase of tartarsauce

Blaxican
Doesn't matter, really. The Humans and Elites had to band together in order to kil lthe Tartarus in the end. Raynor, Frnix, and Tassadar did like wise in Star Craft.

The girl and Predator had to work together to defeat the A L I E N S... I'm sure you can see were this is going.

I also forgot to add the resemblance between the Zerg and the Flood. Infesting? The Overmind and the GraveMIND?

no expression

Stalker 360
its common sense that if your in a war and a new enermy amerges stronger than both your going to band together. but still theres so many things in thehaloverse that are original. and this thread is off topic if you wanna continue you have my msn

Blaxican
Well, ironicly, for the all the sh*t talking that I just did I'm off to go play Halo 2 LIVE...

K73SK
well if this were on the GoW planet, then the gravity is lower, so master cheif just screwed up there beacuse he's used to high jumps. there's no autoaiming included, so masterchiefs skill just went to hell by a huge portion. if marcus had the hammer, master chief could have no chance to get out the way cuz he would jump and fall down since the gravity difference is HUGE. so hammer pwns cheif.

if this were on an area where cheif was used to, marcus might get pwned, unless he jumped to cheif (he couldn't fall since it'd be easier to get used to low gravity rather then higher) and chainsawed him. autoaim would help marcus majorly too, if he had hammer. he'd be holding the trigger and the aim would automatically be facing cheif.

therefore, the bigger outcome is more and likely marcus.

Blaxican
In terms of Autoaim your using game mechanics... which you cant use on these forums...

K73SK
In terms of Autoaim your using game mechanics... which you cant use on these forums... i don't see that in the forum rules... sorry :]

IceJaw
In terms of Autoaim your using game mechanics... which you cant use on these forums...
And that's games vs common sence. (not games fighting common sence if anyone thinks that's what I mean.)

ESB -1138
Originally posted by K73SK
well if this were on the GoW planet, then the gravity is lower, so master cheif just screwed up there beacuse he's used to high jumps. there's no autoaiming included, so masterchiefs skill just went to hell by a huge portion. if marcus had the hammer, master chief could have no chance to get out the way cuz he would jump and fall down since the gravity difference is HUGE. so hammer pwns cheif.

if this were on an area where cheif was used to, marcus might get pwned, unless he jumped to cheif (he couldn't fall since it'd be easier to get used to low gravity rather then higher) and chainsawed him. autoaim would help marcus majorly too, if he had hammer. he'd be holding the trigger and the aim would automatically be facing cheif.

therefore, the bigger outcome is more and likely marcus.

Really? Since when does lower gravity force you to the ground? You must have your physics confused considering the more gravity you have the more it pushes you to the surface not the other way around. Oh and where on earth did you get that infomation about their being more gravity on Sera?

Really, if that was the case and Sera did have more gravity then Earth then the Cogs would rethink their uniform. I mean wearing a 100-500 pound suit of armor isn't the smartest thing to do if you are fighting on a planet that adds more weight just by standing around.

Oh and auto-aiming? Since when does Master Chief (or the Halo games) involve auto-aiming? Auto means it does it for you. Master Chief has to point and aim manually which means he has to do it. 117 here is by far more physically stronger and faster then Fenix will ever be. 117 can hear a pin drop in a sandstorm.

Heck I was playing GoW online and easily dodged the Hammer of Dawn by just rolling and dashing forward. If a locust drone wearing a heavy suit of armor can do it so can the Master Chief. Heck Master Chief wears a metric ton of armor and still moves faster then any human. Master Chief beats Fenix in every type of combat whether it be melee, close range, or long range.

Stalker 360
and i aclaim this thread WON

/thread

K73SK
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Really? Since when does lower gravity force you to the ground? You must have your physics confused considering the more gravity you have the more it pushes you to the surface not the other way around. Oh and where on earth did you get that infomation about their being more gravity on Sera?

Really, if that was the case and Sera did have more gravity then Earth then the Cogs would rethink their uniform. I mean wearing a 100-500 pound suit of armor isn't the smartest thing to do if you are fighting on a planet that adds more weight just by standing around.

I ment to say higher, sorry i was into a typo, we all do it you know.

Besides, know your knowledge of gravity before you talk as well. you should know as well as a lot of us, weight doesn't matter against gravity. did you know that dropping a house at the exact same time as a filled can of soda, from the same distance in the air (say 2 miles) they would both hit the ground at the exact same time (minus air resistance if any happens)? so if the cogs fought on halo (i dont mind the game so i could care less what the planet's called or whatever) they would fall at the same distance because gravity has to only do with force towards the planets core.

I didn't have to mention anything about Sera, you could see that the cog already can stand and run on it as it is, so if master cheif were to go there, he would be falling at the exact same distance yes, but since he is used to jumping high in the air with low gravity, it may make it a flaw for him because the gravity is hiher and his muscles wouldn't be as prepared for it.

Heck I was playing GoW online and easily dodged the Hammer of Dawn by just rolling and dashing forward. If a locust drone wearing a heavy suit of armor can do it so can the Master Chief. Heck Master Chief wears a metric ton of armor and still moves faster then any human. Master Chief beats Fenix in every type of combat whether it be melee, close range, or long range.

are you assuming or pulling out the knowledge that master cheif will know what the hammer of dawn does when it is being used?

beta ray bob
if he does, he dodges it, if not, he gets deep-fried

IceJaw
are you assuming or pulling out the knowledge that master cheif will know what the hammer of dawn does when it is being used? I don't think he's just going to stand there to find out.

It's Masterchief for crying out loud, if a buffed up hardass can dogde the hammer then so can Masterchief and he'd probably dodge a lot earlier too, he has got almost instant reactions.

ESB -1138
I ment to say higher, sorry i was into a typo, we all do it you know.

Besides, know your knowledge of gravity before you talk as well. you should know as well as a lot of us, weight doesn't matter against gravity. did you know that dropping a house at the exact same time as a filled can of soda, from the same distance in the air (say 2 miles) they would both hit the ground at the exact same time (minus air resistance if any happens)? so if the cogs fought on halo (i dont mind the game so i could care less what the planet's called or whatever) they would fall at the same distance because gravity has to only do with force towards the planets core.

I didn't have to mention anything about Sera, you could see that the cog already can stand and run on it as it is, so if master cheif were to go there, he would be falling at the exact same distance yes, but since he is used to jumping high in the air with low gravity, it may make it a flaw for him because the gravity is hiher and his muscles wouldn't be as prepared for it.

So what you are saying is that you never played the games and yet you are trying to say what Master Chief is use to? Master Chief fought on Earth, Reach, and the Halo rings just based on the games. Heck Master Chief has fought in space and his suit allowed him to maintain the same gravity as though he was on Earth.

And you claiming that Sera has more gravity then Earth, Reach, or the Halo rings is redundant. You don't have any evidence to support your claim that Sera has more gravity then any planet Master Chief has been on. Master Chief's high jumps doesn't focus on low gravity. That's Master Chief using his superior leg strength to launch himself up a good distance.

And it is very possible to dodge the Hammer of Dawn without knowing what it does. I'm sure Master Chief doesn't stand around and allow someone to shot him so he knows what the weapon does before he tries to dodge it. Master Chief keeps moving and will not stop and he is a lot faster then Fenix.

K73SK
So what you are saying is that you never played the games and yet you are trying to say what Master Chief is use to? Master Chief fought on Earth, Reach, and the Halo rings just based on the games. Heck Master Chief has fought in space and his suit allowed him to maintain the same gravity as though he was on Earth.

i HAVE played the games, tons, but i don't care about the name of their lil planet because it was never of my concern, that's all i said. and if he fought on earth...and the gravity was the same in space...then wow our gravity went to hell in the future eh?

And you claiming that Sera has more gravity then Earth, Reach, or the Halo rings is redundant. You don't have any evidence to support your claim that Sera has more gravity then any planet Master Chief has been on. Master Chief's high jumps doesn't focus on low gravity. That's Master Chief using his superior leg strength to launch himself up a good distance.

i didn't claim that for the 3rd freaking time, i just said u can tell that they ARE able to run on it, i never compared it to our damn planet! all i said is it has more gravity concidering the things don't float! think physics!

And it is very possible to dodge the Hammer of Dawn without knowing what it does. I'm sure Master Chief doesn't stand around and allow someone to shot him so he knows what the weapon does before he tries to dodge it. Master Chief keeps moving and will not stop and he is a lot faster then Fenix.

so...he's able to dodge something he has no idea where it's going to land, what it's going to do, nor how big the area size is going to be? . are you telling me, if a brand new gun was put to ur face, and you had great dodging skills, you could do it? ok say you jumped out of the way trying to dodge this brand new weapon. but the thing is, you had NO idea he was aiming at the area you were dodging towards! UH OH!!! you're dead.

master chief would have to see the weapon being used at least once to understand what to do. it's impossible to develop tactics on how to move away from something in an instance when you have no idea what it's going to do, how fast it can go, nor where it's even going. the hammer of dawn shoots a red beam down don't forget...so if you started this game off in multiplayer, and you saw that red beam for the very first time...and it was over ur character, did you automatically think "ROLL AND DODGE!" or "wtf is that?"

think of the knowledge that we have, our brains don't have the knowledge to pull information out of things without it going off for a first time.

besides where did the topic on hammer of dawn say that the enemy has to stand outside in the open and shoot him with it? they could be a camping idiot in the smallest corner aiming right at his feet, all he would know is there's a high beeping sound, and then out of no where a red beam on his body. oh and you can chase people with the hammer, it's not a still object. follow him with it and put it on top of him, and if it hits him, he's pretty much screwed because that thing takes a LOT of damage when it's sitting on top of u after an explotion.

no i'm not talking about an instant flyby of the beam. i know that doesn't do jack

ESB -1138
i HAVE played the games, tons, but i don't care about the name of their lil planet because it was never of my concern, that's all i said. and if he fought on earth...and the gravity was the same in space...then wow our gravity went to hell in the future eh?

Umm...no that's just Master Chief's suit. It allows him to move in space while keeping on the surface as though he was on earth.

i didn't claim that for the 3rd freaking time, i just said u can tell that they ARE able to run on it, i never compared it to our damn planet! all i said is it has more gravity concidering the things don't float! think physics!

Things don't float in the Halo games. You are basing that gravity argument on the fact that Master Chief is capable of jumping higher because he is an enchanced super soldier.

so...he's able to dodge something he has no idea where it's going to land, what it's going to do, nor how big the area size is going to be? . are you telling me, if a brand new gun was put to ur face, and you had great dodging skills, you could do it? ok say you jumped out of the way trying to dodge this brand new weapon. but the thing is, you had NO idea he was aiming at the area you were dodging towards! UH OH!!! you're dead

Fenix has to point the weapon in the direction he wants the beam to go to:
1.) That gives Master Chief a good idea where the blast will come to
2.) While Fenix is just standing there Master Chief could, I dunno, shoot him
3.) Master Chief runs inside the Hammer is useless
4.) Whose to say the Hammer would be online to begin with?

master chief would have to see the weapon being used at least once to understand what to do. it's impossible to develop tactics on how to move away from something in an instance when you have no idea what it's going to do, how fast it can go, nor where it's even going. the hammer of dawn shoots a red beam down don't forget...so if you started this game off in multiplayer, and you saw that red beam for the very first time...and it was over ur character, did you automatically think "ROLL AND DODGE!" or "wtf is that?"

No, because I would always ROLL AND DODGE in battle so I'm not standing around as an open target.

think of the knowledge that we have, our brains don't have the knowledge to pull information out of things without it going off for a first time.

Cortana does.

besides where did the topic on hammer of dawn say that the enemy has to stand outside in the open and shoot him with it? they could be a camping idiot in the smallest corner aiming right at his feet, all he would know is there's a high beeping sound, and then out of no where a red beam on his body. oh and you can chase people with the hammer, it's not a still object. follow him with it and put it on top of him, and if it hits him, he's pretty much screwed because that thing takes a LOT of damage when it's sitting on top of u after an explotion.

no i'm not talking about an instant flyby of the beam. i know that doesn't do jack

Because it says IN THE GAME that the Hammer could only be used outside. And Fenix cannot keep up with the Master Chief. Master Chief is by far faster then Fenix and you see those four yellow beams targeting in giving Master Chief a heads up to what's about to come. The Hammer will not give Fenix a win. Master Chief is faster, more agile, has Cortana to give him information, and he is stronger so what's to stop Master Chief from charging at Fenix and just over powering him? Nothing. The Hammer takes time to use and the fact is, it has too many flaws to handle someone like Master Chief.

K73SK
jesus, this is going no where. everything you said is the same thing as earlier, and my replies will not be changing either. all we have to say is this is an uneven vs. match, because the fact the planets are two totally different environments. it's like trying to have someone born in antartica and raised there till their an adult, then throwing them into a jungle and expecting them to know exactly how to fight in it. i'm not going to reply to your message because no answers are going to be changing. as for this topic goes, it's just...too uneven due to enviornments...

how about we throw fenix and master cheif on the moon and see what happens? (fenix has a space suit so he don't just collapse)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.