Post 300 Disappointment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smiter
No. Not Litterally. What I mean by Post 300 is What happened After 300 Spartans, defended the Hot gates. Not 300 posts/replies

Well In the end of the movie You guys know what happened. If you guys watch it. I wont spoil it for those who didnt watch it yet.

Anyway after the ending scene,(what I am about to tell you is based on History books Not shown in theaters unless they make a movie about it) Xerxes I was still able to ran sack the spartans because of the superior numbers and able to conquer parts of Greece. Thats the disappointment part. I was hoping Spartans would hold their land. Xerxes is able to take it.

Röland
Xerxes pwnt the Spartans.

Barker
I once had sex with 300 girls at once.

Lyna303
Originally posted by Smiter
No. Not Litterally. What I mean by Post 300 is What happened After 300 Spartans, defended the Hot gates. Not 300 posts/replies

Well In the end of the movie You guys know what happened. If you guys watch it. I wont spoil it for those who didnt watch it yet.

Anyway after the ending scene,(what I am about to tell you is based on History books Not shown in theaters unless they make a movie about it) Xerxes I was still able to ran sack the spartans because of the superior numbers and able to conquer parts of Greece. Thats the disappointment part. I was hoping Spartans would hold their land. Xerxes is able to take it.
yea im pretty sure thats what happened since the greek civilization went under...

Röland
Originally posted by Barker
I once had sex with 300 girls at once.

I saw that movie.

"Barker does Dallas"

It was awesome. vin

Smiter

Barker

Alpha Centauri
The Persian armies won the Battle of Thermopylae, which was the one depicted in 300. Even then, they suffered losses that were massively disproportionate to the Greeks.

The Spartans won the following battles in both Salamis and Plataea, the latter being the battle that ended the Greco-Persian war in favour of the Greeks.

Step your game up.

-AC

Thorinn
PWNT.

Röland
Exactly. Thats what I am getting at the Wiki's and some history books.
Thats why I am disappointed.

I really didn't know what I was talking about.

Röland
Does not compute.

You must have been drugged.

Barker

Eclipso

Röland
I took some Ibuprofen earlier for my shins..

That will do it.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly. Thats what I am getting at the Wiki's and some history books.
Thats why I am disappointed.

King Leonidus was too proud, he let his pride blind his reasons. Therefore, Well you know what happened in the movie.
Xerxes offered economic $ for the land in exchange for alligence to Persia.

If I was King Leonidus. I would have taken Xerxes offer.

Smiter, Leonidas' and his Spartan last stand, which is one of the most famous in history, actually galvanised the Greeks into such a boost of morale that they went on to win the war.

If he hadn't done that, the Greeks would have actually lost in the end. Even though the Persians won at Thermopylae, they still suffered more casualties than the Greeks.

Try checking the real history books.

-AC

Smiter
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The Persian armies won the Battle of Thermopylae, which was the one depicted in 300. Even then, they suffered losses that were massively disproportionate to the Greeks.

The Spartans won the following battles in both Salamis and Plataea, the latter being the battle that ended the Greco-Persian war in favour of the Greeks.

Step your game up.

-AC

Win some lose some I guess. So I was still correct, Xerxes was still able to ransack some Cities in Greece.

Barker

Röland
And some Bengay, I think.

Bengay burns.

Barker
Might have been Icy-Hot though.

Punkyhermy
don't spoil the film!!!

Alpha Centauri
Win some lose some I guess. So I was still correct, Xerxes was still able to ransack some Cities in Greece.

You insinuated they weren't able to hold their land, they won the actual war.

So no, you were quite wrong, because you were speaking post-Thermopylae, in which case it was all Greece and the Persians got their asses handed to them.

Had you said "In general, Xerxes the Great I was able to conquer parts of Greece.", fine, but you didn't.

Post-"300", it was all Greece's war.

-AC

Röland
Might have been Icy-Hot though.

Icy to dull the pain. HOT TO RELAX IT AWAY!

Smiter
Yes I read the part When They lost the Battle at Salamis and Plataea. Xerxes went back to Persia after campain loss. But I didnt know If thats still part of Greece or not. At that time I read the article. Now that I know It's still Greece.

Smiter
You insinuated they weren't able to hold their land, they won the actual war.

So no, you were quite wrong, because you were speaking post-Thermopylae, in which case it was all Greece and the Persians got their asses handed to them.

Had you said "In general, Xerxes the Great I was able to conquer parts of Greece.", fine, but you didn't.

Post-"300", it was all Greece's war.

-AC

Yes i Did LOOK!!!

Xerxes I was still able to ran sack the spartans because of the superior numbers and able to conquer parts of Greece. Thats the disappointment part. I was hoping Spartans would hold their land. Xerxes is able to take it.

Alpha Centauri
So we've established the following:

Research comes before posting as if you know the facts. Not "I'll post this, then research to see if I'm right after.".

-AC

Smiter
I did Half Assed Research. Partially Correct. Partial wrong.

Then You pointed out the flaws. Thats when I researched some more. To correct the partial wrong.

and Found out that. Persia won some loss lots.

Alpha Centauri
Yes i Did LOOK!!!

Yes, you suggested that post-Thermopylae, he was able to conquer parts of Greece.

Whether or not you meant that is irrelevant (You probably did, let's not deny it), the wording gives that impression and in context, that's what you would have meant.

-AC

Smiter
Yes, you suggested that post-Thermopylae, he was able to conquer parts of Greece.

Whether or not you meant that is irrelevant (You probably did, let's not deny it), the wording gives that impression and in context, that's what you would have meant.

-AC

Your Arguement makes me wanna talk about the ending of the movie so I can clarify what I meant.

But I wont spoil it. So instead of Spoiling it, I just use the term. = post-Thermopylae, Xerxes was able to conquer parts of Greece.

Alpha Centauri
No, he wasn't.

Post-Thermopylae was the two battles in which the Persians LOST.

-AC

§uffer§noopy
AC why are you even doing this lol

Coldfire

§uffer§noopy
Originally posted by Coldfire
Because he can? stick out tongue stick out tongue

Alliance

Well the movie overdramatizes the "democratic" aspect of Sparta. And the Greeks eventually won.

Blaxican

The movies not based on hsitory. It's based on a science fiction/fiction comic book.

I quoted the wrong thing... on the wrong forum. no expression

Blaxican
EDIT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.