You know your a comic book geek when.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
(finish the sentence game)

You know your a comic book geek when.....

When the general public see's Action comics #1 and the 1940's as the early adventures of Superman, but YOU refer to it as the adventures of Superman from Earth-2

(Someone else go)

bigbran
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

When the general public see's Action comics #1 and the 1940's as the early adventures of Superman, but YOU refer to it as the adventures of Superman from Earth-2

(Someone else go) I think you just topped it... no expression

Badabing
Originally posted by bigbran
I think you just topped it... no expression I agree.

SpunkySmurph
When you make a "You know you're a comic book geek when..." thread, and nobody can top your example. no expression

Swanky-Tuna
You know you're a comic book geek when you know a lot about comics.

Scoobless
You know you're a comic book geek when..... You know the answers on TV quiz shows because you read them in a Spider-Man comic 10 years ago.

(that actually happened to me embarrasment )

Question was "What does SLR stand for in photography?"

Big Sexy
You know your a comic book geek when you criticize comic book movies and describe the canon books in which the material came from. Ex. bridge seen in Spiderman was with Gwen stacy not MJ

Priest
Originally posted by Big Sexy
You know your a comic book geek when you criticize comic book movies and describe the canon books there ideas came from.
Organic Web Shooters in the first movies make me go crazy!

Symmetric Chaos
Its pointless now I can't compete with you example. But I'll try.

. . . when you call GL rings OanPowerRings

01-Eminem
MARCUS IS FAT AND HAVE AN UGLY WIFE!
He says Rick is childish, but Marcus bans him and says OWN3D... By doing that, that fatass Marcus owns himselfsmile MARCUS, I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS, and i will get yo banned like i did to yo account as BRHsmileand marcus becomes pissed if he cant just ban peoplewink oh, and he is so good at owning that he edits my posts on his forum, bans me, and says i am owned...

what a geeksmile lets all hate Marcussmile That fat wannabe-ownersmile

He banned Rick because he thought Rick made me spam his website..messed

Big Sexy
You know your a comic book geek when after watching Ultimate Avengers or X-men tas with a friend, you describe to your friend What adamantium, carbonadium, and vibranium are and which one is stronger and why.

Galan007
X-men tas You know your a comic book geek when.......... You know what X-Men tas is. no expression

laughing out loud j/k stick out tongue

But seriously, what's it mean? hum

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
You know your a comic book geek when.......... You know what X-Men tas is. no expression

laughing out loud j/k stick out tongue

But seriously, what's it mean? hum The animated series.

Priest
You know when ur a comic book geek when u try to explain to a friend (that dosent read comics) why The Silver Surfer can kick Superman's ass.

ScarletSpider
When your friend's dad calls you because he saw something about Captain America on CNN and wants to know what it's all about.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
The animated series. Okay, I get it now...

And I can't lie, I liked that show. embarrasment

Priest
The animated series.
thats pretty geeky imo.

Juntai
Originally posted by Priest
You know when ur a comic book geek when u try to explain to a friend (that dosent read comics) why The Silver Surfer can kick Superman's ass. It can happen, but.. Supes can kick his ass too. wink

Scoobless
You know when ur a comic book geek when u try to explain to a friend (that dosent read comics) why The Silver Surfer can kick Superman's ass.

Check

embarrasment

Juntai
thats pretty geeky imo. What, that I knew what that meant?

Priest
What, that I knew what that meant?
Geeks only use obscure abbreviations stick out tongue
cool abbreviation tho

Big Sexy
You know your a comic book geek when in a room full of non comic readers your the only one that can tell the difference between Iceman and SS.

Priest
Originally posted by Scoobless
Check

embarrasment

laughing out loud ...its so freaking hard!
all i hear from them is superman is strong, he'll knock SS out.

Priest
You know your a comic book geek when in a room full non comic readers your the only one that can tell the difference between Iceman and SS. laughing

01-Eminem
You are geeky when you talks about own experience of geekiness on a forumsmile

Scoobless
You know your a comic book geek when....... every time you see a falling star you secretly hope it's a dying alien who's going to give you a power ring.

no expression

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
When your friend's dad calls you because he saw something about Captain America on CNN and wants to know what it's all about.
Awww... I wish people would call me about comic book information.

You know your a comic book geek when....... every time you see a falling star you secretly hope it's a dying alien who's going to give you a power ring.

no expression
I think we all know who's not getting the power ring, Mr. I-hope-someone-dies-so-I-can-gain-from-it. The ring is mine. *Hopes the shooting star is a dying alien with a power ring*

Juntai
I want a dead aliens power ring.
sad

"V"
You know you're a comic book geek when.... You notice the original poster of this thread spelt you're wrong sad

Symmetric Chaos
You know your a comic book geek when in a room full of non comic readers your the only one that can tell the difference between Iceman and SS.

laughing laughing laughing

no expression

laughing laughing laughing

Newjak
You know you're a comic book geek when you actually take the time to think of the real world implications of comic book powers.

Hercules
Originally posted by Newjak
You know you're a comic book geek when you actually take the time to think of the real world implications of comic book powers.

embarrasment Really?

Damn...

stick out tongue

Alfheim
Originally posted by Hercules
embarrasment Really?

Damn...

stick out tongue

I second that.

Symmetric Chaos

I actually designed a character to take advatange of the real world effects of his powers.

Juntai
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I actually designed a character to take advatange of the real world effects of his powers. Such as?
That's kind of ambiguous.

Symmetric Chaos
Such as?
That's kind of ambiguous.

Basicly the idea was to take advatage of how thw world should react to superhuman powers in order to make the guy more dangerous.

For example when the Flash and most other speedsters move at high speeds they have some mutation or force that prevents them from wrecking everything around them. If you remove that completely and merely make a character that won't die from moving a high Mach speeds you end up with a person who can cripple an army just by walking by. Comic books also tend to ignore what a thunderclap should do to a person especially if you wave your hand past thier ear at Mach5.

Obviously the Flash and other speedsters are capable of these feats but in this case to focus is on how useful the collatoral effects are and not the speed power itself.

WrathfulDwarf
You know when you're a comic book geek when....

...you buy different action figures from DC Direct. Then you get a video camera and start making your own Justice League Movie. Then load the video to Youtube.com.

(Coming soon sometime in 2008 by WD Productions)

DigiMark007
Story 1:
My mom was shocked when she heard about Cap in the news...

...then more shocked when I already knew about it, AND what the next issue is about (the autopsy). I was like, "Mom. It's me. If you know something about comics, I knew it last week."

Story 2:
I only have 1 friend that will watch any Justice League episode with me. He likes hearing about power levels, continuity, and other random sh*t. Everyone else just gets annoyed...

Also, good thread.

guy222

(Someone else go)

I admit. I am one. Maybe the oldest smile

Priest
You know you a comic book geek when u contemplate which is better between hand beams and eye beams
Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams

..::Marea::..
You know when your a comic book geek when naming a child you refer to your comic and not the baby name book your girlfriend has recently bought.

Yes my friend did this.

He wanted to name his daughter Kara.

leonidas
when you spend 12 pages trying to decide if a series is universal or multiversal, or if an mbody really DOES contain the essence of an abstract entity . . .?

embarrasment

Newjak
Originally posted by leonidas
when you spend 12 pages trying to decide if a series is universal or multiversal, or if an mbody really DOES contain the essence of an abstract entity . . .?

embarrasment Yeah that should do it stick out tongue

Scoobless
You know you a comic book geek when u contemplate which is better between hand beams and eye beams
Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams

no expression

cool

Priest
cool
dont you mean geek?

Scoobless
Nope.

stick out tongue

pr1983
i had one of those surfer superman moments not so long ago... i had mentioned i was in a tourney, and when i said superman, she said 'well nobody can beat superman'

bless her heart...

but yeah, i told her the truth...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by pr1983
i had one of those surfer superman moments not so long ago... i had mentioned i was in a tourney, and when i said superman, she said 'well nobody can beat superman'

bless her heart...

laughing out loud

pr1983
laughing out loud

considering the girl had never read a superhero comic, i didn't mind...

but yeah, she's lucky she's hot...

Scoobless

bless her heart...

lol ... the exact same thing happened to me when I told my brother ... of course I then listed about 10 people who could pummel Superman into paste and he just looked at me funny.

no expression

pr1983
lol ... the exact same thing happened to me when I told my brother ... of course I then listed about 10 people who could pummel Superman into paste and he just looked at me funny.

no expression

in fairness though, outside of comics, the general perception is that superman>everyone else...

Symmetric Chaos
in fairness though, outside of comics, the general perception is that superman>everyone else...

Its an interesting phenomenon actually.

If people have no expose to superman at all they assume he's unbeatable. If they watch animated versions they think he's a punk (Goku vs Superman anyone?)

Newjak
considering the girl had never read a superhero comic, i didn't mind...

but yeah, she's lucky she's hot... Oh a hot girl she was and your talking to her.

I'm just saying pr maybe you could turn her Geek

pr1983
Its an interesting phenomenon actually.

If people have no expose to superman at all they assume he's unbeatable. If they watch animated versions they think he's a punk (Goku vs Superman anyone?)

animated superman seems to only do well against high tiered people (cap'n atom, marvel), and crap against anything else that he should really be walking all over...

Oh a hot girl she was and your talking to her.

I'm just saying pr maybe you could turn her Geek

lol, i work with her... and sure, why not... i've done it before...

Newjak
animated superman seems to only do well against high tiered people (cap'n atom, marvel), and crap against anything else that he should really be walking all over...

lol, i work with her... and sure, why not... i've done it before... That what I like to hear the more hot girls converted to Geekdom the better for everyone big grin

pr1983
That what I like to hear the more hot girls converted to Geekdom the better for everyone big grin

you should see my ex/couldstillbegettingtogetherwithher, she actually found it interesting that i was into comics, given that she had no previous knowledge of them... she even went to comic shops with me, and bought me merchandise as a christmas present...

Newjak
you should see my ex/couldstillbegettingtogetherwithher, she actually found it interesting that i was into comics, given that she had no previous knowledge of them... she even went to comic shops with me, and bought me merchandise as a christmas present... Sounds awesome I need a gal like that

well I gotta go to work now cya sad

pr1983
Sounds awesome I need a gal like that

she was/is...

cya later dude...

Symmetric Chaos
Sounds awesome I need a gal like that

ciao

NoFate007
You know you're a comic book geek when:

--Not only do you know what PIS and CIS stand for, but you know the difference.

--You pick up issues after saying you dislike the writer and the story altogether.

--You start noticing all of the times you run into the number 52.

--When someone says "He's a dick", you immediately think of Tony Stark.

--You find yourself amused by threads like this and decide to participate.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by NoFate007

--You pick up issues after saying you dislike the writer and the story altogether.

--You start noticing all of the times you run into the number 52.

--When someone says "He's a dick", you immediately think of Tony Stark.

--You find yourself amused by threads like this and decide to participate.

laughing out loud

pr1983
Originally posted by NoFate007

check...

uncanny x-men...

the latest Legion... and a couple of times at work...

No actually... i must be the minority...

yes

"V"
You know you're a comic geek when:

Whenether you're in church all you can think of is Jesus pounding on greek gods.

Ah that was badass, if only Jesus was more like that.

WrathfulDwarf

Redatom65

you know your a comic book geek, when you can explain to a guy who says he knows about comic books, how superman kicks the silver's surfer's ass stick out tongue

endrict
When you call the heros/villians by their real names

CasanoVa
You know you're a comic book geek when you get fed up of listening to your friends rambling at the battle of Marathon being after the events of 300, because you've already ready the Frank Miller series and know that Dilios told the soldiers the story of Marathon to cheer them up.

You also know you're a comic book geek when you realise you care more about the fact you're missing the Spiderman 3 trailer than the fact your friend knows aboslutely nothing about potentially the most important battle ever.

erm, was a fun day.

Redatom65
Originally posted by endrict
When you call the heros/villians by their real names

lol, I only do that with Superman, I call him Cark, and Nightcrawler, I address as Kurt lol

willRules
I knew I was a comic geek when my friend mentioned Batman and Robin and i said "Which Robin, the cool one who became Nightwing, the one who died and came back, the latest one or the girl who died."

After he gave me a funny look I decided not to mention the one from the Dark Knight Returns yes

Priest
Originally posted by Redatom65
lol, I only do that with Superman, I call him Cark, and Nightcrawler, I address as Kurt lol
Ha! ur not a comic book geek, u dont evenknow how to spell Superman name. glare

Evil_Ash
Yup! Learn how to spell Clurk Kunt correctly n00b! x_grin

Redatom65
Ha! ur not a comic book geek, u dont evenknow how to spell Superman name. glare

I'm on a different computer where the "l" constantly sticks...

Priest
Originally posted by Redatom65
I'm on a different computer where the "l" constantly sticks...
In that case u should of used Kon El is stead of Cark...oh wait that wont work either stick out tongue

Thanos_THOTU
You know that you're a comic book geek when you end up like this, the picture speaks for itself.
http://www.westga.edu/~llipoma/comic-book-guy-milhouse.jpg

-or possibly like this (cosplayer)
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/7333/pictures02/cbg_flash.jpg

NoFate007
Gotta love Jeff Albertson...uh oh...tack "Simpsons Geek" onto my record.

Nataku8188
When you assault your friends for removing rare comics from their board'n'bags.

When you get excessively angry at people critiquing movies like X-Men and Spider-man on what they call 'comic knowledge', that is really nothing more than the early 90s cartoons.

When you quote comic characters in regular conversation.

Mobra
. . .you respond to this thread.

Symmetric Chaos
When you describe a friends personality based on those of comic characters.

manjaro
you know you're a comic book geek when you know that in Xmen TAS they reused the same cels in episode 6 and 63 when they showed sabretooth going on a rampage in the streets and was actually strong enuff to bench press a car over his head and throw it a hundred feet in the air at a news helicopter...then in 63 he did the same thing but he was possessed by the phalanx and they interspersed the old footage with him phalanx covered

Tha C-Master
You know when ur a comic book geek when u try to explain to a friend (that dosent read comics) why The Silver Surfer can kick Superman's ass. I did that a few weeks back when I went to the movies. laughing (We were looking at that F4 poster).

long pig
You know you're a comic geek when you went to see Xmen3 and you were the only one in the theatre who got the reference AND cheered when Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!".

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by long pig
You know you're a comic geek when you went to see Xmen3 and you were the only one in the theatre who got the reference AND cheered when Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!".

laughing You know you're a comic book geek when: you cried when Jack Kirby died. cry true story.

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing You know you're a comic book geek when: you cried when Jack Kirby died. cry true story.

I am a comic geek. Thor #150 is the issue

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by long pig
You know you're a comic geek when you went to see Xmen3 and you were the only one in the theatre who got the reference AND cheered when Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!". You know you're a geek when you had to explain to everyone that Juggernaut isn't a mutant.

lordboo
when you tell people stan lee is your hero.

Entity
When you watch Stan Lee on the premiere of Identity with your uncle and grandmother and want to ***** slap the hoe on TV that had to use a life line to guess who he was.

Then only my uncle knew and he said that was only because he knew Spiderman was really old and Stan Lee was the only guy old enough to have made him.

I went on a hell of a rant that day! mad

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
You know you're a geek when you had to explain to everyone that Juggernaut isn't a mutant. I'm guilty

Big Sexy
Originally posted by manjaro
you know you're a comic book geek when you know that in Xmen TAS they reused the same cels in episode 6 and 63 when they showed sabretooth going on a rampage in the streets and was actually strong enuff to bench press a car over his head and throw it a hundred feet in the air at a news helicopter...then in 63 he did the same thing but he was possessed by the phalanx and they interspersed the old footage with him phalanx covered Remember that stock footage. I thought I was the only one. Anyone notice during the Phoenix saga, the artist drew Wolverine with six claws on one hand. The worst mistake I can remember was the episode with Apocalypse. They actually had Professor X walking for two scenes and then he appeared in a wheel chair three scenes later.

Evil_Ash
The worst mistake I can remember was the episode with Apocalypse. They actually had Professor X walking for two scenes and then he appeared in a wheel chair three scenes later.

I think you're talking about Beyond Good & Evil part 4.

At the end, Xavier is standing next Magneto and talking to him. Although he's not in a wheel chair later three scenes later, as the episode ends with Cable.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/35.jpg

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

At the end, Xavier is standing next Magneto and talking to him. Although he's not in a wheel chair later three scenes later, as the episode ends with Cable.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/35.jpg Yes. My cousin and I were laughing when we saw that.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/35.jpg

You know you're a comic geek when not only do you remember the name of an Xmen episode from the 90s based on a few details but you also happen to have a picture of it.

Evil_Ash
You know you're a comic geek when not only do you remember the name of an Xmen episode from the 90s based on a few details but you also happen to have a picture of it.

I got it from Marvel Animation. ermm

OB1-adobe
You know your a comic book geek when...............

you try to open a stiff ass jar of pickels and say "Hera...give me strength!"

willRules
You know your a comic book geek when...............

you try to open a stiff ass jar of pickels and say "Hera...give me strength!"

laughing

"BY ODIN'S BEARD!!!!"

xmarksthespot
... "me time" entails paper-cuts... dodgy vin

DigiMark007

bless her heart...

I lol'd.

I have a friend who doesn't read comics but loves the Green Lantern, and she knows I enter tourneys. She always tells me to pick GL (she thinks there's only 1) because "all he needs is willpower and he can beat anyone". I don't have the heart to tell her it isn't that simple.

She's also convinced they have highlevel matter manipulation skills, both on themselves and others. I corrected her, but she refuses to believe me and thinks that, say, Kyle could just turn himself into a teapot if he wanted to.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
... "me time" entails paper-cuts... dodgy vin laughing out loud

DigiMark007
"Stiff ass jar of pickels..." Am I the only one that found that somewhat erotic?

You know you're a....when you can argue that Spider-Man would defeat Optimus Prime to a group of non-comic fans. And they believe you.

True story.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by DigiMark007
"Stiff ass jar of pickels..." Am I the only one that found that somewhat erotic?

You know you're a....when you can argue that Spider-Man would defeat Optimus Prime to a group of non-comic fans. And they believe you.

True story.

What did you tell them?

you know your a comic book geek when you know what issue Spider-man guest starred in the transformers comic book...........#3

pr1983
I lol'd.

I have a friend who doesn't read comics but loves the Green Lantern, and she knows I enter tourneys. She always tells me to pick GL (she thinks there's only 1) because "all he needs is willpower and he can beat anyone". I don't have the heart to tell her it isn't that simple.

She's also convinced they have highlevel matter manipulation skills, both on themselves and others. I corrected her, but she refuses to believe me and thinks that, say, Kyle could just turn himself into a teapot if he wanted to.

aww... women...

True story.

laughing out loud

you know you're a comic book geek when you can relate actual events in your life to issues of comics...

i actually said to a friend one day re: a girl i know "she's my madeline pryor..."

and he got the reference... stick out tongue

llagrok
She's your dead ex-girlfriend's second clone?

Wow, you must live some life big grin

pr1983
Originally posted by llagrok
She's your dead ex-girlfriend's second clone?

Wow, you must live some life big grin

laughing out loud

no... to make a long story slightly less long: in school i met a girl who i was crazy about, then we fought and never spoke again, and she went off to college, and i moved, then i start job about 8 months back, and meet this girl who looks so much like her i thought it was the original girl when we first met...

newer girl: exactly the way i wish the original one was... she even admitted she wanted me, but belonged to someone else...

how many parallels can you get from that? stick out tongue

llagrok
Did you scream the first girlfriend's name when making love to the "clone" ?

Wait, I suppose you wouldn't be alive to tell about it if you did smile

pr1983

laughing out loud

i'd never get caught doing that... stick out tongue

Hercules

Hell you don't have to be with a girl who looks like your ex to do that!

Although I have never done it when making love and not recently but I did once call my girlfriend of two years my exes name while shopping... embarrasment

It didn't end well... sad

pr1983
Hell you don't have to be with a girl who looks like your ex to do that!

Although I have never done it when making love and not recently but I did once call my girlfriend of two years my exes name while shopping... embarrasment

It didn't end well... sad

i'd say it didn't...

i learned a long time ago to watch every word i say... it helps...

Hercules
i'd say it didn't...

i learned a long time ago to watch every word i say... it helps...

I learned it the hard way! sad

I have never called Marea an exes name so I must have learned! big grin

I would be in a WORLD of hurt if I ever did! sad

pr1983
I learned it the hard way! sad

I have never called Marea an exes name so I must have learned! big grin

I would be in a WORLD of hurt if I ever did! sad

i'll take your word for it... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.