Problems with Vista and Messenger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Utrigita
Don't know if it here to ask for help but will try anyway.

One of my friends recently bought a new computer, with Vista home something anyway, it was mostly for his daughter and you know how young just love to use MSN, but the crap of Vista will not allow the program to execute so what do I do to help my friend and his daughter so that she may yet again contact her friends???

K73SK
1st of all, this thread may be in trouble for being in the wrong forum... but no fear it'll still exists just be moved!!

2nd of all, did you turn off the internet protection thingy? as far as i know there is one somewhere for the explorer, i'm not sure if that'll effect MSN

3rd : i suggest just getting Trillian because MSN is viruspolous....

Utrigita
Originally posted by K73SK
1st of all, this thread may be in trouble for being in the wrong forum... but no fear it'll still exists just be moved!!

2nd of all, did you turn off the internet protection thingy? as far as i know there is one somewhere for the explorer, i'm not sure if that'll effect MSN

3rd : i suggest just getting Trillian because MSN is viruspolous....

thanks

T.M
Yeah it is probably just the firewall. just allow MSN and it should work.

Spidervlad
Either Firewall or something that Vista screws up. Like about 85% of games don't work on Vista right now because it's not Vista OSO compatible... But I don't think it's the same thing with MSN messanger.

K73SK
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Either Firewall or something that Vista screws up. Like about 85% of games don't work on Vista right now because it's not Vista OSO compatible... But I don't think it's the same thing with MSN messanger. yea isn't MSN microsoft or something?...

85% are you sure? vista was mainly made for video games.

Lana
It's brand-new though and right now very little is compatible with it.

Barker
This is why you don't buy new OSes the year they come out.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Barker
This is why you don't buy new OSes the year they come out.

Haha, yeah "buy" an operating system, haha, yeah. herbeyes

Fire
good one Bloigen.

doan_m
Originally posted by K73SK

85% are you sure? vista was mainly made for video games.
Which still fails as a gaming platform since there is actually a 15% decrease in peformance with games on Vista.

Stalker 360
with current games. maybe future games will be built for vista.

anway your msn problem seems a little strange as WLM is a microsoft owned product and shouldnt be blocked by a firewall. when i first installed my vista there was a link to download msn on my start bar. clicked it and everything went fine from there

doan_m
Originally posted by Stalker 360
with current games. maybe future games will be built for vista.
More along the lines of have no choice but to readjust their games for Vista. And yes, there will be future games solely built for Vista. Its
DirectX 10 technology, unfortunately exclusive to Window's Vista and will rely on new DirectX 10 hardware to get your performance out of it. The hardware part is what really irks the blasted hell out of me. And I dont think I can stand to run games on Vista knowing that had DRM been a nonexistent factor I could have seen my games run a whole lot smoother then with it being left on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.