ROTS Anakin and Darth Maul vs ROTS Obi-wan and Genral Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xatl
Anythin goes, lightsabers and force powers and Genral Grievous has a blaster becuse he does not posses the force

jollyjim311
Anakin and Maul.

vader11
Originally posted by xatl
Anythin goes, lightsabers and force powers and Genral Grievous has a blaster becuse he does not posses the force
It doesn't affect the outcome whether he has a blaster or not...

S_W_LeGenD
Obi-Wan is a master of Form III Combat style, which is considered to me nearly impossible to penetrate. Though not invincible.

Anakin also has exceptional fighting skills and is a master of Djem So, which is an aggressive combat style but being adept in aggressive combat styles does not always gives you edge in combat.

Anakin and Obi-Wan know each other very well so it will be a very close battle and if Anakin is thinking clearly then he has a slight chance of gaining victory. In Force contest, they are almost equals.

Maul is also a good fighter but Grievous is no push-over either. He can give Maul a very hard fight.

I say that there is 50/50 chance for both sides for scoring a victory. But this is not my final judgment.

Count Makashi
Obi-Wan only wan because Anakin was so emotionally wrecked, he just Forced Choked the person he cared about the most and now he was fighting Obi, his brother(loved him like a brother), the 2 person he cared about the most.
Anakin and Obi-Wan know each other very well, but that doesn't mean, they know every single move the opponent will make, i think Anakin thinking clearly, would win against Obi. GG is better then Maul with blades, but Maul can Force crush his lungs or something like that.
Maul and Anakin win.

darthsith19
It all depends on whether or not it's EU Grievous or ROTS Grievous.

If it's EU Grievous then:
Anakin and Kenobi fight. Could go either way, depending on whetehr Anakin gets reckless or not. Eitehr way it lasts several minutes.

Grievous and Maul fight. Grievous wins after a pretty long fight, then goes and helps Kenobi. Together they destroy Anakin.

If it's ROTS Grievous then:
Anakin and Kenobi fight. Could go either way, depending on whetehr Anakin gets reckless or not. Eitehr way it lasts several minutes.

Grievous and Maul fight. Maul wins after a long fight fight, then goes and helps Anakin. Together they destroy Kenobi.

Count Makashi
Yes, but even if its Eu GG, maul can use Force on him, he is a Sith, he has offensive powers, like what Mace Did to Eu GG and he is a Jedi, he hast got as many offensive powers as Maul.

vader11
Anakin & Maul takes this...
Maul can force crush on GG...

darthsith19
Grievous has the blood of Syfo Dyas in him to help protect him against force power. Mace in the cartoon was overpowered and is also stronger than maul is with the Force. Plus, as we saw, crushing Grievous doesn't kill him, just gives him a cough. And Grievous could normally dodge it but he was on the gunship, he had nowhere to dodge to.

allfg
The blood only protects him against mental powers, not physical ones such as TK. Seriously speaking, any jedi with somewhat competent TK ability should be able to defeat Grievous, there are simply so many ways it can be used against Grievous:

1. It can be used to affect the on/off button of his sabers. Grievous would be kinda screwed if midway through one of his attacks, his lightsaber unignited.

2. It can be used to destroy (crush) his sabers.

3. It can be used to pull his sabers away from him.

3. It can be used to slightly push him off balance, or trip him over.

4. It can be used to push Grievous back and up into the air (like what Obi did), and try to gain an advantage from his fall (run up and attack him before he can regain his composure fr instance).

5. It can be used to weaken or destroy his internal organs.

6. It can be used to hold him in the air with TK.

Really, far too many ways.

Count Makashi
Majority of the Jedi cant use offensive powers like that, if they could those Jedi(kI Adi and the other) , Adi Galea, Pablo Jill and others would have used it in ther fights with GG, They don't know the powers, they never used them in their lives, they cant just mastered immediately and Force crush is prety extreme, i doubt any Jedi besides Mace would use it.

kamikz
No, it's apparently not that easy, if it was, those 5 jedi who faced Grievous at once would be able to beat him, some with competent TK abilities beyond most other jedi.

allfg
1. They were surprised.
2. They were tired.
3. They knew nothing about Grievous.

I have no doubt in my mind that if those three factors weren't plaguing the jedi, Ki-Adi-Mundi at least would have just been able to use the force to disable him, because while Ki isn't exactly the best swordsman, he's pretty strong with the force.

Count Makashi
But they did try use the Force, Shak Ti trow stuff to GG and he destroyed them with lighsabers and what about the 2 time he went up against Shak Ti, on Coruscant, she wasn't tired and she had 2 more Jedi with her and she knew GG, she faced him before.

allfg
And Shaak Ti has never displayed any great usage of the force, ever. It can only be assumed that forcewise, she just isn't as good as the more powerful jedi.

Count Makashi
I only see Mace and Yoda doing some damage to GG trough the Force, even Kenobi when he fought him didn't do any damage and he is better then Ki Adi.

kamikz
The jedi weren't so tired that they couldn't think.
Almost no jedi know anything about Grievous, nothing like that. They know who he is but nothing about how he fights. This is irreleveant.
They tried to use the force (Ki-Adi as well), they failed....

allfg
In the force? That begs for proof. And apparently, Kenobi wasn't too creative or tactical with his force use. If he was, he certainly should have done most of what I put above.

kamikz
Again, if 5 jedi at once fail to do anything to him, and 3 strong jedi who are to protect the chancellor, then I doubt it's easy so that "anyone" with decent TK could do it.

Count Makashi
Because he wasn't strong enough and he doesn't uses techniques like Force crush on people, he is a Jedi, most Jedi don't. Kenobi Force pushed GG and it didnt do any damage.

allfg
Originally posted by kamikz
The jedi weren't so tired that they couldn't think.

That wasn't my point, my point was that their fatigue surely would have a negative effect on their force use (and saber ability)

Erm, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

It's not irrelevant. All they knew was that he was an extremely skilled cyborg that wielded multiple lightsabers. They had no clue as to his capabilities, whether he could use the force or not.

Refer to the being tired part.

allfg
Again, if 5 jedi at once fail to do anything to him, and 3 strong jedi who are to protect the chancellor, then I doubt it's easy so that "anyone" with decent TK could do it.

You've got to understand the context in which I'm using these certain words. I'm not saying that any average jedi knight with TK should be able to do those things, but just anybody on or close to Kenobi's level.

Count Makashi
Obi-Wan and Shak Ti the second time weren't tired and Shak Ti fought him before, and the survivors of Hypori probably told the others Jedi how GG fought.

allfg
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Because he wasn't strong enough and he doesn't uses techniques like Force crush on people, he is a Jedi, most Jedi don't.

Read through my original post, force crush only came up about two times. And Obi-Wan already proved that he was strong enough, by hurling him up into the air like he did.

Again, refer to what I was saying about his tactical use of the force. If Obi-Wan played it smart, he could have just ran up to him, and attacked him before he regained his composure. Or alternatively, he could have just held him still in the air, maybe upside down, and then played it by ear from there. No, if Obi-Wan chose to play it tactically, he could have very easily won. There's also the fact that Obi-Wan was very arrogant, and likely believed that he didn't need to resort to such easy methods.

allfg
Obi-Wan

Refer to what I was saying in the previous post.

When I talked about the whole uninformed factor, I was referring specifically to the Hypori incident.

kamikz
Originally posted by allfg
That wasn't my point, my point was that their fatigue surely would have a negative effect on their force use (and saber ability)

Erm, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

It's not irrelevant. All they knew was that he was an extremely skilled cyborg that wielded multiple lightsabers. They had no clue as to his capabilities, whether he could use the force or not.

Refer to the being tired part.

How much would the fautige affect them? They hadn't been fighting for a while in there, and we know that force users can regain stamina fast, almost instantly....

What I'm trying to say is, that barley no jedi know anything about Grievous, so why should this case, or any, be different?

Grievous can also dodge force attacks (as shown when people have tried to use the force on him), and he can use either his claws on his feet, or magnatizing, to stick to the ground, even if someone wants to lift him, toss him, or trip him.
And he is almost to fast for any jedi to use the force on him, he is faster than the majority of the jedi...

Count Makashi
It wouldn't be easy to defeat GG trough the Force for majority of the Jedi, he fought allot ob battles one on one and more and killed allot, if it was easy someone in hi so many fights with Jedi would have done it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Grievous is a horrible fighter as seen in ROTS. He was so easily defeated. Now as a teammate of Obi-Wans, I don't see that actually happenning. Team one should take this.

Count Makashi
GG isn't a horrible fighter, he is very good, better then most of the Jedi, Kenobi is just better.

LORDSIDIOUS01
GG isn't a horrible fighter, he is very good, better then most of the Jedi, Kenobi is just better.

Then why did General Grievous lose so easily in Revenge of the Sith?

Count Makashi
He didn't lose so easily, but he lost because Obi is better and he got frustrated by not able to penetrate Obis defences and he lost his concentration.

kamikz
Soresu is also the best form against Grievous, Grievous was wounded and thus slower than usually and less mobile.

allfg
How much would the fautige affect them? They hadn't been fighting for a while in there, and we know that force users can regain stamina fast, almost instantly....

Not every force user is Dooku...
Ki Adi Mundi clearly lists fatigue as a factor to the council.

That's because we usually work under the assumption that each combatant would have perfect knowledge of the other in these versus threads.

I've taken that into consideration, and that's why I don't think just anyone can TK own Grievous.

Yes, but the moment he moves his feet, he becomes vulnerable again...

That's great for him, however he would get owned by some of the stronger ones (such as the ones in this thread) if they used their TK abilities tactically and creatively. I mean really, how the hell is he gonna stop a jedi from destroying his lightsaber(s)?

kamikz
Originally posted by allfg
Not every force user is Dooku...
Ki Adi Mundi clearly lists fatigue as a factor to the council.

That's because we usually work under the assumption that each combatant would have perfect knowledge of the other in these versus threads.

I've taken that into consideration, and that's why I don't think just anyone can TK own Grievous.

Yes, but the moment he moves his feet, he becomes vulnerable again...

That's great for him, however he would get owned by some of the stronger ones (such as the ones in this thread) if they used their TK abilities tactically and creatively. I mean really, how the hell is he gonna stop a jedi from destroying his lightsaber(s)?

Dooku did it in the middle of a battle, I could see a Jedi Council master replicate a similair feat to a lower degree without fighting and resting for a while.

Uh? Since when? I have never heard anything like that. Usually, in threads with Vong, the author have to specify that they know about them....

Not really, remember the Ithorian? He could blow away metal and droid battalions with his sound, yet Grievous could still walk forwards against him. Now if a jedi fails the attempt to use the force, they are likley to proceed forward, not stand and wait until Grievous puts away his claws/magnetism, it is highly likley that they don't even know he has them on....

That's silly, it's like saying Obi-Wan could just have defused Jango's jetpack, or that any jedi could leave Durge in a statis status, but they can't.

Darth Subjekt
Ok, use the force to remove his chest plates. Thats not an "offensive" power, thats TK. Rip those away, use the force to bend/break his limbs, pull his mask off, take control of his saber(s)...possibilities are limitless. Anakin and Maul take this. And for Ki Adi to be on the council, he has to have some skills above and beyond the average Jedi. Either way, he's not part of this fight, or as powerful as those who are...so point moot really.

kamikz
Oh comon, if it was that easy, it would already be done. You don't have to be good at TK to do those things, if Grievous can wtfpwn 5 jedi at once, where some one is a council master and others are masters and knights, then why the hell should it suddenly be "endless of possibilities" how jedi can pwn him?

kamikz
..... Just a small town girl...

Darth Subjekt
how is it not a possibility? Is possibly indicative of definite? No. But doing those things are possibilities, and you can't prove otherwise. Just because it wasn't done, doesn't mean it cant be done. If he was killed in the CW then they would have been a character down in the movie...Same logic back at you, if it was as easy as it was for OB1 to open and shoot to kill, when didn't it happen during the CW when there was THOUSANDS of clone and others with blasters? You mean to say that not ONE person could aim for him? Not even a sharpshooter? C'mon man, use some logic. Ob1 beat him rather easily, and unless you want to even entertain the thought hat OB1 could take out 5 other Jedi together, then you have to admit that all those are logical possibilities. OB1 is not that superior to the other Jedi...

kamikz
You're comparing ROTS Grievous with EU Grievous? Not only has he decreased in speed, but in mobility as well, and Obi-Wan was the perfect one to beat him really.

And I'm not saying that it cannot be done, but it is not likely to happen EVER by someone not at the Yoda/Mace level, because we have already witnessed maybe 20 something cases where several jedi have not once gotten to do such thing. To say that they didn't think of it is stupid. Grievous is just to fast and overwhealming for them to get such opertunity. People are gonna stand and try to open his chest and crush the metal in his face, and he's gonna stand and watch?

And there wasn't "thousands" of troopers in the CW, was about 8. And Grievous didn't have a lightsaber to parry Obi's shot, he couldn't possibly have done it.

Darth Subjekt
There was only 8 clones in the CW? WTF are you talking about? Taun Wi even said something along the lines of 150,000 with a million more on the way. So where do you get 8?

Any Jedi that can move things with the force, can do things to GG, simple as that. If they don't have the fortitude to do it, or if they don't think to pull one off (a force move) then they're not that great. Ki Adi was a powerful Master and quite capable of pwning him with the force, provided that he could get out of GG's reach to do it.

And what does having a saber to block ONE blaster, have to do with blocking MANY blasters? The Jedi have the force and couldn't block shots from like 8 clones, how would a non-force sensitive block the same amount, let alone more?

Gideon
..... Just a small town girl...

Livin' in a lonely woooorld...

kamikz
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
There was only 8 clones in the CW? WTF are you talking about? Taun Wi even said something along the lines of 150,000 with a million more on the way. So where do you get 8?

Any Jedi that can move things with the force, can do things to GG, simple as that. If they don't have the fortitude to do it, or if they don't think to pull one off (a force move) then they're not that great. Ki Adi was a powerful Master and quite capable of pwning him with the force, provided that he could get out of GG's reach to do it.

And what does having a saber to block ONE blaster, have to do with blocking MANY blasters? The Jedi have the force and couldn't block shots from like 8 clones, how would a non-force sensitive block the same amount, let alone more?

Wait, what are you talking about? Ok, I think I missunderstood you, cause I thought you were talking about the scene where Grievous was fighting the Arc's after the 5 jedi at once battle.... I'm confused... confused

And once again, how the hell will a jedi get such an oppertunity in a fight? This isn't, "Ki-Adi Mundi on courascants highest building vs Grievous on the ground", they are just in a fight, trying to open his chest would be stupid, seeing as he has probably cut off his head when he has opened it...

Let me give you an example. Like saying Mace Windu vs a Wookiee in an unarmed fight. Now you could say "the wookiee can rip off human and robot arms, it wins". It is indeed true that it can, however, will the wookiee even touch Mace? No way in hell.
So just because they have got that ability doesn't mean that Grievous is defenceless against it. Jedi have tried to use the force on him, but it was rendered futile. Dooku even said that ONLY the best of the jedi could defeat Grievous, not "anyone who can use the force"....

I have no clue what you're talking about on the last thing.......

kamikz
Originally posted by Gideon
Livin' in a lonely woooorld...

She took the midnight train going anyyywhheeerreee... laughing

Gideon
She took the midnight train going anyyywhheeerreee... laughing

Oh, this is Journey's drummer Deen singing "Faithfully". He displays a considerable amount of power and control, and he sounds like Steve Perry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEO4APMGLyU

kamikz
Cool! Steve is still better though. stick out tongue

Count Makashi
50 cent rulez.

allfg
Chris Daughtry's fricking awesome. Best solo artist to come out of idol, ever.

jollyjim311
You are aware of what a fatigued Ki Adi can do, right?

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=20&page=059

(Thanks Makashi)

Count Makashi
But i think GG can defeat Ki in one on one. How would you rate Asajj to Ki Adi?.

vader11
But i think GG can defeat Ki in one on one. How would you rate Asajj to Ki Adi?.
GG had defeated Ki in Clone Wars, right?

Count Makashi
Yes, but he was fatigued and the Jedi had encounter GG for the first time, but I think that GG would defeat Ki Adi even if he was fresh and prepared.

kamikz
They were 5 jedi, how many do you need to see Grievous WTFPWNING before you think he can take Ki in a one on one? I don't see Ki-Adi at full potential take out 3 of the jedi alone....

allfg
A fatigued and injured Ki can do this. I really don't see how Ki will have any problems with doing something similar to Grievous.

xxXAcStylesXxx
And yet some how Grievous managed to own not only Ki Adi Mundi but 4 other Jedi at the same time...go figure...

kamikz
Indeed!

allfg
1. Ki was tired. I know he was tired (and even injured!) in the scan I posted, but the fact is, it would effect how quickly he could pull off a force attack, and Grievous wasn't giving him too much time to do such a thing in their fight. The lame ass force pushes he dished out were clearly not the upper limit of Ki's power, so I can only assume that he wasn't able to unleash his full power in the time Grievous was giving him. Now let's say, hypothetically, a fully energized Ki were to face Grievous in combat (with a bit of space between them), I have no doubt in my mind that he'd be able to disable him with the force. I mean really, what's stopping Ki from crushing his sabers, thereby making Grievous virtually harmless?

2.Ki knew nothing about Grievous. He didn't know if he could use the force, defend against the force, he knew jack about Grievous. If he knew beforehand a few of Grievous' weaknesses, I'd say it's likely Ki would exploit a few of those, don't you think?

3. Fear and surprise would have played a huge part. Watch the fight again, Ki was terrified, he didn't know what the hell he was up against. Now if you really think Ki could fight to the best of his ability under this condition, coupled along with the others that I mentioned, then you're dumb.

4. Seeing as you're such a major fan of out-of-universe explanations, I can just go and do the same, and say that the CW cartoon creators didn't know the full extent of Ki's powers, and that the representation of Ki seen in the cartoons is not an accurate one.

kamikz
How was Ki injured? Anyway, he had 4 other jedi to help him fight Grievous, if he cannot pull one single good move out of that, then he ain't likely to do it ever. You think Ki would get a second to use the force against Grievous alone? He would be up to him in no time, then slice him if he tried anything, and Grievous can dodge force attacks as well.

Seriously, if 5 jedi at once cannot immobilize him, then how should Ki alone do it because he is not tired? Prove how much it affected him, cause does really being tired result in unable to grab something with the force? If so, he truly does SUCK!

Anyway, if it was that easy, then no jedi should've been pwnt by Durge, and every jedi should've wtfpwned Jango. Durge had no force, yet he pwnd both Anakin and Obi-Wan. People should just be able to lift Durge, or anything, as you say. But no one could ever do it, it is not that easy.....

And Dooku said only the top jedi could beat Grievous, and Ki-Adi is not one of them, and being decent at force powers wouldn't do it alone.....

xxXAcStylesXxx
Exactly. Why would Grievous give him time to do shit?

Exactly, I fail to see how they were "lame ass force pushes." the fact that Grievous felt the need to dodge it and it left a dent in the ground and destroyed the area it hit, that was most certainly Ki Adi's upper limits, I'm sure if he was completely fresh he'd do a little better but he'd still get owned.

And why don't we hypothetically have Grievous temporarily lose his brain and stand around like an idiot while Ki Adi Mundi attempts to kill him. Since thats the only way your logic works.

Considering Grievous has about 6 more lightsabers he can pull out his ass, I don't think that would be much of a problem. And again why in the hell would Grievous just stand there and let Ki attempt to use the force on him? Why wouldn't he do as he did in CW and you know...move around attempting not to get hit?

Also he's been shown to be able to completely dodge force attacks as he did again in CW when he dodged Shaak Ti's jedi party's force attacks and it took Shaak Ti seeing three other force attacks fail to guess where Grievous would appear next, are you seriously saying Ki could do that before Grievous engages him in saber combat and proceeds to hack his ass up.

And as we've seen he can simply create a defensive shell that can walk through an Ithorian's sound blast that its self can rip up durasteel, blow away magna guards and completely destroy rooms. And even when hit by that he still keeps coming seemingly unaffected.

Again, he's shown himself to be able to dodge a force attack from Ki Adi Mundi fairly easily. Moreover elite arc troopers, with all kinds of heavy artillery and and air ship couldn't even shoot him down, what makes you think Ki Adi Mundi could keep up even when he's shown that he can't.

And still lose.

Did Mace know what he was up against in Sidious? No. Did Yoda, no, did Padawan Revan know what he was up against in Malak? No. I could go on but the only thing you proved is Ki Adi Mundi is a pussy who lets fear cloud his judgment unlike say a Mace Windu.

Not that he was even as scared as your aiming him out to be, he was the one who stressed remaining calm, he was the one who kept his composer and even knew he was probably going to die. Now if he had been acting like the padawan who ran out to fight then you'd have a point, but he didn't. He was nervous yes(him profusely sweating is evidence of that) but terrified? No. Now AFTER the duel when the Arc troopers arrive after he's seen what Grievous could do then I'd say he was terrified, that something like that existed.

Except your logic doesn't make any sense. Because Ki lifted a craft with the force in a comic, note that because its a comic we have NO idea exactly how long it took him to perform the feat, he could have did it as slow as Yoda did in ESB. That makes his portrayal in CW wrong? Please Nebaris.

Everything your purposing works under the assumption Grievous is gonna stand there and let Ki Adi Mundi blast him with the force.

Knowing Grievous as we do, he's not a fan of fighting unless he has the predisposed conditions on his side, fear, surprise and intimidation, why would he walk straight up to a fully fresh Ki Adi Mundi and attempt to fight him? Even though if he did he'd probably win.

Count Makashi
GG defeats ki in a straight duel, with little difficulty, maybe even less .

kiddo44
this is very close, i would go with Kenobi/Grievous though after a long fight.

darthsith19
50 cent rulez.
Hell yeah he does! cool

G-UNIT!!!

Count Makashi
He is a P.I.M.P., although the 2album wasn't as good as the first, i was little disappointed.

vader11
Originally posted by kiddo44
this is very close, i would go with Kenobi/Grievous though after a long fight. If all of them are from ROTS(except Maul), team 1 wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.