achilles(Troy) vs Cap America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mordum
The guy from the movie vs cap america america has his shield. Cap america doesnt know about his achilles heel. Achilles also has a shield from the same material as caps.

who wins.

Symmetric Chaos
Invulnerability ftw

This is borderline spite.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Invulnerability ftw

This is borderline spite.

Achilles from the movie was NOT invulnerable.

Captain America beats him.

Also; comic book characters only.

Closed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
Achilles from the movie was NOT invulnerable.

I missed that. I saw Troy and assumed he was talking about the mythic Achilles.

Hercules
Freaky thing is, I'm actually watching Troy now!

Soljer
I missed that. I saw Troy and assumed he was talking about the mythic Achilles.

That'd be different. That Achilles WAS invulnerable, and had strength second only to...Ajax and Hercules, was it? I can't recall off the top of my head, I'm about to pass out....

Hercules
That'd be different. That Achilles WAS invulnerable, and had strength second only to...Ajax and Hercules, was it? I can't recall off the top of my head, I'm about to pass out....

Hercules wasn't at Troy, Ajax was the tallest and strongest of the Achean's, Achilles the Greatest warrior.

Symmetric Chaos

He wasn't that strong but thats why basicly why I said "Invulnerability ftw" and "this is borderline spite".

guy222
Originally posted by Mordum
The guy from the movie vs cap america america has his shield. Cap america doesnt know about his achilles heel. Achilles also has a shield from the same material as caps.

who wins.

I hate Brad Pitt. Cap died in vain. Cap>Pitt

Soljer
Originally posted by Hercules
Hercules wasn't at Troy, Ajax was the tallest and strongest of the Achean's, Achilles the Greatest warrior.

I didn't mean that Hercules was at Troy. I meant that out of the mythic hero's, there were only a couple that were, physically, stronger than Achilles.

Batman-Prime
The movie was really bad, one of the worst IMHO, they changed too much. Hektor was cool though, but why was Patroklos not Achilles friend and lover, like in the myth. Anyway, the Movie Achilles would loose 10/10 against Cap, even without the shield.

xmeat
achillies would of been died if cap was with the trojans..

Redatom65
Achilles likely wins.

GO FOR THE HEEL CAP!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmeat
achillies would of been died if cap was with the trojans..

Achillies did die . . .

Batman-Prime
Achillies did die . . .

That's a lie, I saw him after Troy in another Movie, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, he faked his death.....

King KAM
Cap hits his ankle for the win every time. Cap's skill makes achilles look like well someone whos fighting with a system thats about 2500years outdated.

Mordum
Cap has no knowledge of the heel.

King KAM
Originally posted by Mordum
Cap has no knowledge of the heel. damn your an idiot.

charlemagne9746
Achilles is a demigod....half god and half mortal...I think that might be a little out of Cap's league.

King KAM
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Achilles is a demigod....half god and half mortal...I think that might be a little out of Cap's league. he gets hit in his heel and he falls to pieces

Soljer
Achilles is a demigod....half god and half mortal...I think that might be a little out of Cap's league.

The Achilles in Troy was just a skilled warrior. Nothing mystical about him.

As far as his mythic parentage, he was born to a mortal and a sea nymph.

The Sea Nymph, Thetis, dipped Achilles in the river styx while holding his ankle. Thus, all of him became invulnerable except for his heel.

But that wasn't part of the movie, which is what the thread stated. That was myth-only.

charlemagne9746
Even in the movie, Achilles was killed when Paris put that arrow through Achilles' achilles tendon....but, yeah...the movie was different...it was much different from the Iliad.

Soljer
Even in the movie, Achilles was killed when Paris put that arrow through Achilles' achilles tendon....but, yeah...the movie was different...it was much different from the Iliad.

Untrue.

Paris shot Achilles several times. If Achilles were invulnerable, they would have bounced off of him. He died due to blood loss from the arrows he removed. The only one he DIDN'T remove was the one in his ankle.

It was the movie's way of explaining the myth. Making it reasonable. They find a dead Achilles (a person rumored to be immortal amongst some) with a single arrow sticking out of his ankle. Words get spread, and suddenly, Achilles' ankle is his only weak spot.

Anyways, apparently YOU didn't read the Iliad. Achilles actually ISN'T invulnerable in the Iliad - that part of the myth was created by other stories. Achilles is actually wounded at one point, and spurts blood.

charlemagne9746
No, I read it...Achilles doesn't even die in the Iliad...and I know he isn't invulnerable...it was prophesied that he would die...and never see his home again if he continued his war in Troy. Even in the Odyssey...Odysseus speaks to Achilles while in Hades. So, Achilles was never meant to be invulnerable....only great. In the Iliad...a whole slew of warriors were the offspring of some god...and many of them died. Just because a warrior may be half god doesn't give them invulnerability or immortality....but, I do believe it amps their abilities to higher levels than just a normal man...even above Cap's.

Soljer
But a sea nymph is not a god. Achilles is not a demi-god.

Also, there are plenty of sons and daughters of the Gods. Not all of them are Hercules. They get punked all the time by mortals. Left and right.

And Cap's no ordinary mortal.

charlemagne9746
No, they are considered gods...she is even called a goddess in the Iliad...and she has access to Olympus. She just doesn't have the cult worship that the major gods have. I'm not saying that a mortal can't defeat a demigod...I'm just saying that demigods would and should have power above an average human with two human parents. In that sense...I believe Achilles would have an advantage over Cap...I'm not saying that Achilles would definetely defeat Cap...I just believe that in an all out fight...the Achilles of myth and legend seems out of Cap's league. Achilles in the movie looks pretty good...hell, he took out Nathan Jones in the beginning..lol. But, I do get your point....and I agree...humans have outwitted godlike characters before. I just believe that without and PIS....anyone with godlike blood should be able to best any human on a regular basis.

Soljer
I never said that Cap would have a chance against the Achilles of myth.

But movie Achilles wasn't really that impressive. He was human, through and through.

A skilled human. A fast human. But human.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.