Jack and Liz like Lady and the Tramp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gravitation
So,I was watching Lady and the Tramp today,and when I watched the scene when Tramp finds a way to get the muzzle off of Lady,I thought: 'That's like Jack cutting Elizabeth's corset off in the first movie and giving her freedom!'

Then there was the scene when Lady was angry at Tramp about all the girls he's been with. I pictured Liz finding out about ALL the girls Jack's been with.

Call me crazy,but they seem alike. cool

Chiki Mina
you're not crazy lol. I honestly never seen that movie 0.o.

I think the movie that reminds me most of Jack and Liz is crouching tiger, hidden dragon. And it's not even a disney movie.

Gravitation
You've never seen it? I've never seen crouching tiger, hidden dragon....
Here's a song from Lady and the Tramp that fits Jack.

'He's a tramp
But I love him
Breaks a new heart
Ev'ry day
He's a tramp
They adore him
And I only hope he'll stay that way

He's a tramp
He's a scoundrel
He's a rounder
He's a cad
He's a tramp
But I love him
Yes, and even I have got it pretty bad

You can never tell
When he'll show up
He gives you
Plenty of trouble I guess he's just a
No 'count pup
But I wish that he were double

He's a tramp
He's a rover
And there's nothing more to say
If he's a tramp
He's a good one
And I wish that I could travel his way'

willofthewisp
Oh you've never seen Lady and the Tramp?! I've given you a task to do before AWE comes out. You must see Lady and the Tramp. You will love it.

Gravitation
Definitely!

Here's a vid with that song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuSkrjPV-WE

Pirategirl85
Oh man I thought about that.....Hmmm maybe there is high hope for sparrabeth...

Gravitation
big grin Me thinks there is!

Chiki Mina
I want to see that movie sad

crouching tigger, hidden dragon--to make a long story short--is about a princess who longs for freedom. She wants to become a warrior and be the best at it. In her traveling--or something--with her mom and servants/army, they encounter a clan of bandits. She meets the lider and he manages to steal a comb from her. She goes after him, fights back, but the bandit was teasing her---the usual love/hate thing. Eventually they fall in love and he explains on how much the desert means ti him that it means FREEDOM.

I will look for a pic of the bandit, but the bandit even looks like Jack. He has a bandana full of beads and coins, same kind of look. It was weird.

Sorry for the long post lol.

Gravitation
That DOES sound like Jack and Liz! lol!

Chiki Mina
Its a great movie!

Oh! and you know what's funny? Chow Yun-Fat is in it, he plays Sao in AWE eek!

I just think it's funny wink

Pirategirl85
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
Its a great movie!

Oh! and you know what's funny? Chow Yun-Fat is in it, he plays Sao in AWE eek!

I just think it's funny wink

You didn't know that Mina?? it's been aound for a while about Chow yun-fat playing Sao wink

Chiki Mina
No! LOL I know about that lol. Im just saying that Im comparing Jack and Liz with the movie crouching tiger, hidden dragon. And Chow Yun-Fat is in both movies, which is find of funny. And in both he dies sad

willofthewisp
Someone should make a music video cutting back and forth between the two couples and find a song about freedom and love and stuff. That would be cool. Find some other couple and you could do a fun, love throughout the ages theme.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
No! LOL I know about that lol. Im just saying that Im comparing Jack and Liz with the movie crouching tiger, hidden dragon. And Chow Yun-Fat is in both movies, which is find of funny. And in both he dies sad

find of funny?? *smacks herself* let me eidt--

which I find it kind off funny.

tee_pirategirl
yeah lady and the tramp is ttly Sparrabeth. The muzzle thing? I ttly agree.

Then there's Alladine which is reminds me of it in some aspects... especially since they both long for freedom and they each see it in what the other has and they are both at the complete oposite sides of the whole social scene *cough* sparrabeth*cough*

and the song in Little mermaid (la Poseins lol sorry I REALLY dunno how to spell the name of it! The song she sings in her cave) that reminds me of JE too!

let's see! what else? Beauty and the beast? let me tell u a secret I think it's completely sparrabeth but in some parts I can't help but to see a little bit of Jack in Gastone!

they both could have any girl they wanted (with the blonde triplets resembling Scarlet and Gissele substituding swooning with the slaps) but they wanted that "special girl"

they both thought (or "acted like they thought" in Jack's case) that the girl would definitely fall to their feet at a snap of the finger.

they both found their match. and had the girl disgusted with them to an extent but what makes JE different from it is that u can see Elizabeth wants Jack in return while Belle is REALLY disgusted with gastone.

Also the song "I want much more than this provential life" in B&B is totally what lizzie wants!!

Ok I'm just rambling but there are just so many JE stuff out there and that means alot to me.

willofthewisp
Well, there are only so many plots to begin with, you know? One of the oldest is the "a stranger comes to town" and that stranger shakes up your world and that pretty much was what COTBP was all about. As soon as Jack comes into Port Royal, everything changes for everyone, himself included. I think the forbidden love due to class differences and different commitments is an old one too and there are so many variations of it. I think that's part of why we like it so much, because we grew up with that kind of love.

Wow. Maybe I'm trippin.' I didn't mean to get philosophical. I'm just saying Jack and Liz work because that kind of love works and works in about 1000 other stories, so it should with theirs.

tee_pirategirl
Yeah you're right we sorta grew up with this whole forbidden love thing. But there's something slightly different with JE than the others. I mean there's something different each of them...the plot. and this one's got a VERY good story.

willofthewisp
Yeah, it really helps it's the backdrop to an action film. Actions always speak louder than words and the constant "doing-something" pushes their relationship forward without them even trying. If it were a typical romance movie instead, they would have nothing to do and their qualities that the other one admires so much wouldn't come out so it would take a very, very long time to get to this level it's taken them only two movies to get to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.