Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Definitive 200

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain Maynard

Alpha Centauri
Many of those are stupidly placed.

What did you expect?

-AC

Nellinator
Lateralus seems a bit high to me, but then I've never really liked tool. Eliminator by ZZ Top, Imagine by John Lennon, Exodus by Bob Marley and Cars by Cars are much better albums IMO, but then there are worse albums above it (like anything by the Dixie Chicks and Dr. Dre), so whatever. As usual, lists disappoint me.

Captain Maynard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

What did you expect?

-AC I didn't expect anything.

Or was that a rhetorical question?

Solo
Funny.

Skeets

el_barto
London Calling at 96?!

American Idiot ahead of it at 61?!

Disgrace to music.

jaden101
whitney houston 6 places above Joni Mitchell...all you need to know about the validity of that list

oh well...here comes another discussion about what a shit list it is...

G U I T A R
Im not agreeing with the list to much either. sad

Arctic
Creed is on there HA!

The Core
Is this one of those mindless Rolling Stone compilations, omitting Biggie's first, adding Lauryn Hill and Will Smith, while tossing Nas' debut towards the bottom?

C3PS
illmatic is boring anyway.. only 30 mins long and out of that only a couple songs are really that good. overrated p.o.s. imo. it was written is far better.

this list is pretty basic.. no surprises. obviously designed to please the classic rock generation. couple token rap and jazz records thrown in to keep the minorities happy.

The Core
In your opinion. The rest of us will stick to the opinion of it being one of the most celebrated and influential true Hip Hop albums of all time....which was actually 40 minutes long.

"It Was Written" was more or less Nas going commercial, with two (or three) songs getting plastered on the airwaves and MTV.

C3PS
yea, obviously in my opinion.

that's all this list is; opinion.

nothin wrong with going commercial if the music sounds dope. it was written is a lot more interesting to me than illmatic. the only downside would be the corny little "point of view of a gun" song and "if iiiiii ruleeddd da worldddd" but even those are entertaining for their corny-ness.

Funkadelic
When people list Purple Rain as Prince's best album I'm always like Puh'lease!

And Michael jackson the third best artist: Get outta here!

The Core
Originally posted by C3PS
yea, obviously in my opinion.

that's all this list is; opinion.

nothin wrong with going commercial if the music sounds dope. it was written is a lot more interesting to me than illmatic. the only downside would be the corny little "point of view of a gun" song and "if iiiiii ruleeddd da worldddd" but even those are entertaining for their corny-ness.

Eh...wasn't too obvious, you just said it like it was a matter of fact. No big deal.

..and if you ask me, real Hip Hop doesn't go commercial. Nas can go on about Hip Hop being dead and all that..not that he's helping matters, but he;s obviously not looking in the right place.

Can I ask again, who compiled this list? The actual RNRHOF commitee er what?

C3PS
well i did stamp it with "imo" to be fair. maybe you missed that.

and i dont really care if it's "real" hip hop or not.. music is music.

Pezmerga
Will Smith's Big Willie Style??? LMAO

office jesus

What did you expect?

-AC

Those ARE stupidly placed. Looks like the guy just picked random artists and albums. Most of it is shit music. Will Smith? Creed? Wtf is this guy thinking?

Deathblow
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
"It Was Written" was more or less Nas going commercial, with two (or three) songs getting plastered on the airwaves and MTV.

Street Dreams, Nas Is Coming and If I Ruled the World (which is an awesome single anyway) was the extent of IWW's commercial side. Other than that, it's really good. I enjoyed it almost as much as I did Illmatic, and in my opinion, I Gave You Power is still Nas' most powerful song.

~Flamboyant~
Why are Hip Hop artists placed in a list by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

If there is some reason I am missing where this is permittable, then Illmatic does deserve to go on there. 50 Cent does not.

Funkadelic
Titanic, Celine dion?

Whatever

BobbyD

What did you expect?

-AC

Pff...I know!

The Beatles should easily have like 5 of the Top 10 spots. shifty

Alpha Centauri
You do actually believe that, I think.

-AC

BobbyD
laughing out loud

Of course, I do AC.

You know I do (too). But, I was also honestly (hoping) that you'd respond to that remark.

stick out tongue

I know we've had an antagonistic past. But, I think you're just misunderstood.

Alpha Centauri
Yes...nobody understands me, Bob, that must be it.

-AC

BobbyD
laughing out loud

ESB -1138

Slay
Nelly, TLC, Boyz II Men, Destiny's Child... this must be a joke.

Bardock42
You do actually believe that, I think.

-AC I understand you...you are just stupid.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Bardock42
I understand you...you are just stupid.

Wait, does this mean you're stupid also, Bardock? confused stick out tongue

No offense, AC. wink

...couldn't resist a shot at Bardock. big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by BobbyD
Wait, does this mean you're stupid also, Bardock? confused stick out tongue

No offense, AC. wink

...couldn't resist a shot at Bardock. big grin

May I....in the name of everyone that read that...be the first that say...

"..."

?

BackFire
haha @ kidrock and linkin park.

ESB -1138

jaden101
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Anyone see anything wrong with this??
yes...the fact that either of those 2 are in it is wrong...although i dont think that's the point you were trying to make

ESB -1138
Originally posted by jaden101
yes...the fact that either of those 2 are in it is wrong...although i dont think that's the point you were trying to make

Dude you can't beat the Eagles. Hotel California is one of the top 15 best-selling albums of all time in any category. This also makes them one of the top 5 best-selling bands of all time, the list including two other rock bands - The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

In 2001 the TV network VH1 named Hotel California the 15th greatest album of all time. Hotel California was ranked 13th in a 2005 survey held by British television's Channel 4 to determine the 100 greatest albums of all time.

No way in hell should the Dixie Chicks be ranked higher then the Eagles.

RedAlertv2
Album sales =/= musical credibility

Although I like the Eagles, you're doing a bad job of defending them

ESB -1138
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Album sales =/= musical credibility

Although I like the Eagles, you're doing a bad job of defending them

In 2001 the TV network VH1 named Hotel California the 15th greatest album of all time. Hotel California was ranked 13th in a 2005 survey held by British television's Channel 4 to determine the 100 greatest albums of all time.

And a few years ago the Florida Times Union held a poll to determine the best band of all time which the people of Florida voted the Eagles as number 1. No way Dixie Chicks should be above the Eagles.

Alpha Centauri
So? That doesn't mean anything.

Don't place officiality on subjective polls.

-AC

Pezmerga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.