Who defeated alpha flight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Loot
i read yesterday civil war-innitiative, theres one guy there who destroyed alpha flight, in witch comic did this happened?

Superguy
New Avengers... 19, I think. It was some postal worker called Michael Pointer or somesuch who was endowed with the powers of every mutant depowered in House of M. He went on a crazed rampage, unable to control the power, and wiped out Alpha Flight pathetically easily. But I think he's joining Alpha/ Omega Flight...

Darth Vicious
This should be in "Questions thread", this thread will probably be closed pretty soon.

To answer ur question, It happened in "The Collective" storyline that started on New Avengers # 16-20

Superguy
Beat you by a minute. wink Shame I got the issue wrong... it must have been 16/17...

King_Mungi
Micheal Pointer aka The Colletive, who has now become the new Guardian of Omega Flight:

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Collective

Galan007
Originally posted by Loot
i read yesterday civil war-innitiative, theres one guy there who destroyed alpha flight, in witch comic did this happened?
I'm pretty sure this is what you're talking about:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_c1.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_c2.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_c3.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_c4.jpg

This event happened in "New Avengers #16"...

Galan007
Just going to add an additional scan to the one's above:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_c5.jpg

This scan is from "New Avengers #17"

King_Mungi
Yet if you look at the actual power of the members of Alpha Flight and saw how they got owned, one has to ask how the hell did the street level New Avengers fair so well? PIS. Oh well it resulted in a new Alpha/Omega series so can't fully complain.

MightyEInherjar
Sasquatch looks like such a badass when he's drawn like he is in those first scans.

King_Mungi
He looked awesome in Civil War: The Initiative

ScarletSpider
I thought Henry Clayton drew a good Sasquatch too, although his style is a bit different.

Oh well, as terrible as Lobdell's Alpha Flight was, because of his stupid plots, the real Alpha Flight is still out there. The team that died were only temporal duplicates. Aside from Major Mapleleaf and Puck II

Galan007
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yet if you look at the actual power of the members of Alpha Flight and saw how they got owned, one has to ask how the hell did the street level New Avengers fair so well? PIS. Oh well it resulted in a new Alpha/Omega series so can't fully complain. Well almost every time a character is first revealed, they usually have a strong showing.

In this case though, that strong showing was a bit over the top, considering how the Collective was eventually beaten lol.

PIS to the Nth degree IMO.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
The team that died were only temporal duplicates. Aside from Major Mapleleaf and Puck II

Even Omega Flight editor has said the temporal copies are still around and oddly the only character of the original team not to get a temporal copy was Sasquatch...and he lived. Hmm...

Originally posted by Galan007
Well almost every time a character is first revealed, they usually have a strong showing.

In this case though, that strong showing was a bit over the top, considering how the Collective was eventually beaten lol.

PIS to the Nth degree IMO.

Good old Sentry throws the energy into the sun....stupid New Avengers

ScarletSpider
Did you read Lobdell's Alpha Flight? The temporal copies were the ones on earth that were killed. The real Flight is out in space repopulating the Plodex homeworld.

I wish they'd give us a checkup on Flex, he was my favorite new character from volume 2. The writer was going to make him Wolverine's son. Don't know if I'd still want that slant to it, but I liked his character.

King_Mungi
Did you read Lobdell's Alpha Flight? The temporal copies were the ones on earth that were killed. The real Flight is out in space repopulating the Plodex homeworld.

I wish they'd give us a checkup on Flex, he was my favorite new character from volume 2. The writer was going to make him Wolverine's son. Don't know if I'd still want that slant to it, but I liked his character.

Yeah I read it, and handbook entries revealed it was the real Alpha Flight who returned from the Plodex homeworld that got killed. (Guardian entry). However, the copies are still around and were said to be brought her for a reason, so maybe that was it.

Yep, and he is one of the few mutants who still have his powers since M Day. Wolverine's son that was revealed in Origins is shit, I wished they would have used Flex as he was supposed to be.

Ethereal
Xorn.

Loot

ScarletSpider
Yeah, because of X-23 and shitty Daken, I don't know what I'd want Flex to be his son now, but having him be the son of another super hero wouldn't be bad.

Heck, maybe Sabretooth's son, how much different from his father could he be if that were the case? Although Sabretooth is one of the characters that's just kind of boring. Oh yay, he's an evil version of Wolverine, that's cool, right?

King_Mungi
Yeah, because of X-23 and shitty Daken, I don't know what I'd want Flex to be his son now, but having him be the son of another super hero wouldn't be bad.

Heck, maybe Sabretooth's son, how much different from his father could he be if that were the case? Although Sabretooth is one of the characters that's just kind of boring. Oh yay, he's an evil version of Wolverine, that's cool, right?

uuuuuh...I hate Daken with a passion and he only just appeared...uuuh. Also Hull House ie. Legacy Mutants were all mutants born from other famous mutants, Murmur was apparently the neice of Purple Man, Flex was suppose to be Wolverine's son, Radius was Unus' son, etc.

That would be something, but Flex is to obscure and not exactally popular to make more of apperances in other comics sadly sad Like when was the last time we even saw him? waaaay back in vol.2 and no where since.

ScarletSpider
Unfortunately you're right. Although I thought we were supposed to get a spotlight on some of the mutants left over after HOM? Instead 198 featured like 5 mutants.

Flex, especially if they gave him some important family ties could become an interesting character to longtime X-readers.

And, I don't care if the handbook said that the real Alpha Flight was back. It didn't happen on page, no one wrote it, so it didn't actually happen. They're out there, don't give up hope, Alpha Fans!

Alfheim
Originally posted by Galan007
Just going to add an additional scan to the one's above:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_c5.jpg

This scan is from "New Avengers #17"

that looks like the collective.

King_Mungi
Unfortunately you're right. Although I thought we were supposed to get a spotlight on some of the mutants left over after HOM? Instead 198 featured like 5 mutants.

Flex, especially if they gave him some important family ties could become an interesting character to longtime X-readers.

And, I don't care if the handbook said that the real Alpha Flight was back. It didn't happen on page, no one wrote it, so it didn't actually happen. They're out there, don't give up hope, Alpha Fans!

198 was horrible, but Diamond Lil did make a cameo...yet no speaking lines

Definetly could, he had a lot of potential and he didn't annoy me like his brother Radius did. Well at least he is depowered....damn Radius. Actually glad he didn't die againt Avalanche though.

Haha yeah it made no sense they would have been back that quick, but that's the wonders of writers it all up to them. It's a perfect way to bring the team back from killing them, and the only original member who didn't get a temporal copy was Sasquatch..and he lived. What's brutal is what is going to happen to James and Heather's child as well as Major Mapleleaf II and Puck II's kid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.