Help Me !!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Donkey Punch
Hi guys I'm new around here, but i have a problem that is annoying me so much that it is literally keeping me up at night. I've recently started collecting comics, (and generally prefer Marvel comics) but after seeing the Superman movie i have gained sort of obsession. I know a little about physics, and It REALLY REALLY bugs me about Superman's powers especially seeing as hes a pseudo scientific character. The bit that bothers me the most is the energy crisis scenario. How was he able to gain the amount of energy needed to lift NEW krypton in the space of about two seconds. If plants could absorb that much solar energy in a minute, are problems with fossil fuels would be solved by literally cultivating weeds as energy sources. We could literally power space ships with daffodils by the types of energies proposed by Superman returns. I know its only a comics and I'm acting really sad, but i cant see why they don't just redesign his powers again. They did it when they decided that gravity did provide a suitable explanation, why not do it again. Does anyone have any thoughts on how he can absorb so much solar energy in a short space of time ? I heard that he maybe attracts light like a magnet ? Can anyone confirm this ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.