3 New Pictures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pirate_1987
Jack, Elizabeth, and Barbossa smile
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10xq8.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=31600909qz3.jpg

Willl and Elizabeth sad
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potcaewstill10002do4.jpg

Tia Dalma Jack Barbossa Will
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potcaewstill10001jq4.jpg

Jack puting on his hat and dripping with water smile
http://img485.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36629395hf3.jpg

I don't know if its been posted yet

willofthewisp
All of them look great! I can't wait for this movie. I need to see the trailer now!

Pirategirl85
Yes it's been posted on New PIX AWE....thanks though

sailorleo
well i haven't seen these yet.....were is the norrie! gah!.....

CaptainJacksLuv
they want to keep it surpiseful! lol sailor, he'll probably be all sexy, and they dun want u to see just yetwink

Chiki Mina
I feel horrible for Jack...

CaptainJacksLuv
if ur gunna post that on everythread, im leaving, lol

Chiki Mina
*sniff* don't care.

The man has been through enough crap sad

CaptainJacksLuv
i meant...for good....

Pirategirl85
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I feel horrible for Jack...

Why do u feel bad for Jack Mina???

Chiki Mina
because he has been through alot. And I can't believe on how there are some anit jacks out there to say that he is a bump in the road. He is fate intervened, damnit!

Pirategirl85
I know what you mena, Jerry said that we are going to see a side of Jack that we never seen before, so hopefully that will shut some people up...

CaptainJacksLuv
i feel sorry for jack coz he hasnt met us yetwink

Claudia_Black
Thankz for posting, cool pic, I can't wait!

tee_pirategirl
GALS!!! that pic of Jack? It's not water and it's not AWE it's DMC where he's covered with kraken goo and has his hat back...

the rest of the pictures? me loves. thank u

PirateDiva
omg im not at my comp right now can someone save these pics for me and send them to me please!!!!!! before theytake them down!!!

Pirategirl85
They wont' take it down in the NEw PIX AWE forum because I attached the pictures so don't worry about it...

Sifzensinril
these pictures are amazing, I love them, especially the second one

tee_pirategirl
Love the new siggy piratediva! mina's siggies are awesome.

AudioHeart
OMG OMG OMG

katelovespirate
that pic of Will and Liz in the rain is flipping amazing---- ala notebook or romeo and juliet. nice touch putting Will in a red shirt, good color for him. but what the heck is up with liz's hat?!?!?!

AudioHeart
Yeah its that gooey stuff on that pic, I agree with you people, JACK IS NOT A BUMP IN THE ROAD he's the best character there, the movie would be nothing without him and fate did intervene, and he has been through alot so I kinda feel sorry for him too! eek!

AudioHeart
Originally posted by katelovespirate
that pic of Will and Liz in the rain is flipping amazing---- ala notebook or romeo and juliet. nice touch putting Will in a red shirt, good color for him. but what the heck is up with liz's hat?!?!?!

haha its got something poking out of it LOL

katelovespirate
im sure Jack would be a bit offended that everyone is feeling sorry for him--- he values his strength and independence, and delights in surviving and coming through difficult circumstances. it's part of his legend. let's not worry about him too much. wink

AudioHeart
AGREED i was just saying how people shouldnt say he's in the way of things HE'S COOL...

katelovespirate
hehehe well thats for sure. wink

xXSweetSXx
Originally posted by pirate_1987

Willl and Elizabeth sad
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potcaewstill10002do4.jpg

Ehh??? So I guess we can say goodbye to Sparrabeth mad

savvysparrow
COME ON! It's one picture. I think we all sort of knew that there would be W/E moments in AWE. They can't just ignore the fact that Will and Elizabeth were engaged. That would be poor writing. But that doesn't mean that there won't be Sparrabeth moments. Have a little faith

JacksSweet

PirateDiva
^^ took the word right out of my mouth...lol!!

AudioHeart
i hope so too!

lovethemtigers
Jack is the coolest man ever...and he'll survive no matter what....and you know what...Jack Sparrow is the sexiest Pirate ever...and well, Elizabeth would just have to be dead not to notice....and yeah, the pic of her and will looks good...but look at the ones of her and Jack...I still see that forbidden chemistry......

Yes, jack has been through a lot....but he always comes out grinning....What a man...

lovethemtigers
You know what....Jack ususally always gets what he wants, and if he decides Elizabeth is what he wants, I'll bet he'll get her.....

AudioHeart
AMEN

ivebeendepped43
um.......................W/E SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surfchikpir8fan
I don't care what anyone says, but I have to my heart went out to the Will and Elizabeth one! that is good photgraphy! I can't wait for AWE! Lol, I agree red suits Will, and I love Ta's expression in the background, Lol - so funny. And the one of Barbossa, Jack and Lizzy on the beach, the way Jack is leaning over to tell her something, the look on her and Barbosaa's face is - I don't know how else to put it - halarious! Like, - here we go again! I worsip these actors and thei amazing talents!

katelovespirate
im sorry, i think i disagree on the W/L pic... to me, that pic carries the emotional depth of two people who really value one another, and i reckon this is the moment of that "in the middle of the battle proposal". frankly, they look like they are about to make out. they are looking at each other like, the world is ending, but you're still alive... so nothing can hurt us.

let's just be honest about what these pictures probably mean. However, it is a VERY good sign in my mind that there are NO sparrabeth type pics released---- whatever's going on there, is going on under lock and key (unless of course, nothing is going on... which would be BS). haha. so we'll be totally shocked by any wonderful JL moments...

savvysparrow
Well, let's think about it terms of the script. To me, it looks like Elizabeth is apologizing to him, or confessing something. My thought is that this happens right before Will goes off to the Dutchman.

katelovespirate
i do agree that Elizabeth looks like she is confessing something... however, purely judging for Keira's past performances, she's doing her "keira gazing with dramatic intensity into the eyes of someone she is either about to kiss or about to run away from"... it matches the look she gives Mr. Darcy during their dramatic in-the-rain fight where they almost kiss...
but, on the other hand, Will is doing his "look of intense manly surprise" or his "look of resolve"...

So hmmm....

scenario 1:

Will: (striding towards Elizabeth) Marry me, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth: Will, I...

Will: I'm going to stab the heart. It's the only way to end this madness. Promise me you won't make me leave this world without giving you a proper goodbye, my true love...

anybody else have other scenarios to throw around?? hehe.

Mistypirate
I don't think that pic has any romantic meaning to it. It could mean a lot of things. Maybe Will is helping Liz get up. Or maybe she is trying to prevent him from doing something stupid... Its raining so I don't think anything good is going to come out of that scene.
And another interesting thing, isn't that the same mast Liz chained Jack? Could that mast symbolize a betrayal? Liz betrayed Jack by chaining him to the mast.

katelovespirate
it's clearly in the middle of an intense battle, and they look like they've met from opposite sides of the fight.

So, either Will is working for the EITC at this point, or he's arrived with unexpected help for the pirates, or they are both just overwhelmed to see one another alive in the midst of the madness.

plus, because it's film 3, things should be coming full circle. the rain is probably owing to Calypso's fury... and may reverse the effect of the previous rainstorm that ruined the wedding.... or may complete that arc. no way to tell.

i would make my best guess that Elizabeth is trying to talk him out of stabbing the heart or expressing her heartbreak at what he is about to do. the way they are holding arms either means they are still in love, or elizabeth is trying to hold him back from doing something. (or vice versa).

savvysparrow
Originally posted by Mistypirate
I don't think that pic has any romantic meaning to it. It could mean a lot of things. Maybe Will is helping Liz get up. Or maybe she is trying to prevent him from doing something stupid... Its raining so I don't think anything good is going to come out of that scene.
And another interesting thing, isn't that the same mast Liz chained Jack? Could that mast symbolize a betrayal? Liz betrayed Jack by chaining him to the mast.

OOOO! Now that's an interesting thought. You're right, I think that picture is on the Black Pearl. I'd say it's more of a life changing moment than a symbol of betral. And if you think about a mast, it is essentially what powers a ship because it carries the sails, which in turns allows a ship to change course. I agree that due to the lightening and the seriousness of the expressions that there is an air of forbodding to the picture.

It looks as though they've crossed paths on the ship and that they're both expecting that whatever comes next that they may not survive, so Liz has grabbed on to Will's arm to either apologize, or to express some sort of regret.

Mistypirate
How about this one..

What if some one else has possession of the heart, is about to stab it and end with the madness? I don't think Will has possession of the heart in that scene. I don't think he ever does.

savvysparrow
Well, he doesn't have posession of the heart, but we do know that at some point he does stab the heart because he becomes Captain. Maybe he's doing it on someone else's behalf. Maybe for Jack?

Mistypirate
Maybe or maybe not, what if its the other way around?

savvysparrow
What do you mean? That Jack is going to stab the heart on Will's behalf? Or that Elizabeth is actually Davvy Jones in disguise? Or that the heart is going to stab itself to put us all out of our misery?

katelovespirate
Originally posted by savvysparrow
What do you mean? That Jack is going to stab the heart on Will's behalf? Or that Elizabeth is actually Davvy Jones in disguise? Or that the heart is going to stab itself to put us all out of our misery?

LMAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oh my gracious. Elizabeth is actually Davy Jones in disguise!!!

Mistypirate
laughing I really liked this one.

What I meant was what if Jack do it on Will's behalf.

savvysparrow
It's possible. That's not beyond the reach of Jack's character. But the packaging on the toys and stuff say that it's Will who becomes Captain of the Dutchman. Maybe they do a switcheroo at the end or something. Or maybe the toys are liars!

Mistypirate
I didn't say that Will doesn't become COFD, HE DOES. But it is the "how" that seems to have everyone confuse.

savvysparrow
Actually, with what I've been told, the picture suddenly makes a whole lot more sense. It seems to be a very grim foreshadowing. Does anyone know whether or not Elizabeth and Will do in fact get married? I'm fairly certain it's a given, but I was wondering if y'all had something more concrete.

Also, there was a picture floating around with Elizabeth speaking to Bootstrap Bill. Any interpretations on what they could be talking about?

katelovespirate
yes, i am fairly certain they get married. the context was that Will was going to stab the heart and didn't want to leave the world without marrying her.

but that sounds really suspect to me, because thats just plain selfish of Will to marry her if he knows he is not going to get to see her but once every 10 years. unless it's just her idea.

willofthewisp
But if she decides she really loves Will, I can see her taking every 10 years as opposed to nothing at all. I think she can do the long-distance thing if that's really what she wants.

katelovespirate
yeah, but would Will take that... knowing that Jack Sparrow will get to spend loads of time with her if he wants in between... knowing that Elizabeth has succumbed to Jack before...?

savvysparrow
Elizabeth is a strong-willed character, so if anything, she can endure a long wait. I have a hard time imagining Elizabeth blindly accepting a proposal from Will in that fashion. If she didn't know his fate that would be one thing.

savvysparrow
yeah, but would Will take that... knowing that Jack Sparrow will get to spend loads of time with her if he wants in between... knowing that Elizabeth has succumbed to Jack before...?

AH, but did she? Maybe she was close, but as I think back to COTBP I'm beginning to suspect that perhaps not everything is as it seems.
I was remembering the other day since I have nothing else better to do with my time than think of Pirates, about a quote that one of the writers mentioned. He said something to the affect of comparing Elizabeth's behavior in the movies, and asking what her essential nature is. She bartered herself to Norrington, convinced him to save Will and many of his men perished as a result etc, etc.

So my thought was to compare that to her choice to kiss Jack. To play devil's advocate, her decision to sacrifice him to the Kracken was similar in nature to her choice to send Norrington in that the motivation behind it was to save Will. It may have started like that anyway. Who knows if that motivation will remain consistent in AWE.
I'm more of a mind that Elizabeth may have been aware of Jack's attraction and used it against him, in the same way that she used his love of Rum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping ship! I'm just saying that maybe Elizabeth's motivations were in this instance, purer than what we give her credit for.
I'm also thinking of the other quote where the writers said that if DMC had been the only sequel to Pirates that they would have left the ending exactly as it was. Ok ladies--Discuss.

IheartPocky
it looks like liz grabbed will's arm.. i didnt all that stuff so i dunno if someone else said it. but yeah she looks like she grabbed his arm.. or either he did help her up...

willofthewisp
That's the thing...Liz did do it to save everyone else. She would never have had left Jack there otherwise. I think if she didn't plan on doing that and he told he was going to stay on the ship, she would have seduced him into the longboat to save him. But she did do it for a noble cause.
Thing is, she didn't know it would hurt that much doing that to him and she does lean in for another kiss. She's essentially made Jack fall in love with her and now it's up to her on what she's going to do.

katelovespirate
savvy, in response to what you said, here's my thoughts.

1. i still say the kiss was mainly about Liz's lust/draw to adventure.... BUT

I think something we underestimate a lot of time is the value Elizabeth sees in her relationship to Will. I know we all thought they got together rather easily and it worked out too well to be a really good, cinematic relationship, but if you think about it in terms of true people, finally getting together with Will was probably the fulfillment of a crush that may have lasted like 8 years for Elizabeth--- so for eight years, Elizabeth is writing "mrs. elizabeth turner" on her notebooks and looking forward to their brief meetings. she is devastated after every meeting, wondering why Will is so reserved and cold toward her, and wishing he would fall in love with her and let her know that. of course, going along with that, she is yearning for adventure and fun in her life. but she's been raised with good morals and a clear picture of how a man is supposed to treat a lady. (ultimately, Will matches up with that. he's the romantic knight in shining armor who may be goofy but will go to the ends of the earth for her, and she knows it). but Will won't ever be aggressive or initiate with her, and she finally gives up on him and accepts the commodore-- because she thinks Will will never admit his love for her. so when Will finally comes out and says he loves her at the end of film 1, her whole world is suddenly put back together. all her dreams have come true. sure, no relationship is perfect, but he's everything she's ever wanted, and vice versa.

so for her to actually go to the length to flirt with and be attracted to Jack... that's something huge. it's not like she's cheating (or thinking about cheating) on some nice guy she doesnt like that much. She's tempting herself against everything she's ever wanted in Will.

I think we under-estimate how much Will means to Elizabeth sometimes... and therefore, devalue what her interaction with Jack shows.

savvysparrow
Originally posted by willofthewisp
That's the thing...Liz did do it to save everyone else. She would never have had left Jack there otherwise. I think if she didn't plan on doing that and he told he was going to stay on the ship, she would have seduced him into the longboat to save him. But she did do it for a noble cause.
Thing is, she didn't know it would hurt that much doing that to him and she does lean in for another kiss. She's essentially made Jack fall in love with her and now it's up to her on what she's going to do.

Which is the mind boggling portion of the film in a way! The writers said that the triangle was resolved by the end of DMC, which suggests to me that her choice wasn't necessarily the kiss, but the events that followed after it. So, for instance, the fact that she didn't tell Will, no matter her motivations is important. That was a conscious decision on her part, and from what we've read, that comes back to bite her in AWE.
Her decision not to leave Jack to the depths but to go and rescue him is important. Granted, Elizabeth has a conscience, and Jack is her friend, so it's not in her nature I would think, to leave a somewhat innocent man to his death if she had the chance to reverse her decision.

savvysparrow
savvy, in response to what you said, here's my thoughts.

1. i still say the kiss was mainly about Liz's lust/draw to adventure.... BUT

I think something we underestimate a lot of time is the value Elizabeth sees in her relationship to Will. I know we all thought they got together rather easily and it worked out too well to be a really good, cinematic relationship, but if you think about it in terms of true people, finally getting together with Will was probably the fulfillment of a crush that may have lasted like 8 years for Elizabeth--- so for eight years, Elizabeth is writing "mrs. elizabeth turner" on her notebooks and looking forward to their brief meetings. she is devastated after every meeting, wondering why Will is so reserved and cold toward her, and wishing he would fall in love with her and let her know that. of course, going along with that, she is yearning for adventure and fun in her life. but she's been raised with good morals and a clear picture of how a man is supposed to treat a lady. (ultimately, Will matches up with that. he's the romantic knight in shining armor who may be goofy but will go to the ends of the earth for her, and she knows it). but Will won't ever be aggressive or initiate with her, and she finally gives up on him and accepts the commodore-- because she thinks Will will never admit his love for her. so when Will finally comes out and says he loves her at the end of film 1, her whole world is suddenly put back together. all her dreams have come true. sure, no relationship is perfect, but he's everything she's ever wanted, and vice versa.

so for her to actually go to the length to flirt with and be attracted to Jack... that's something huge. it's not like she's cheating (or thinking about cheating) on some nice guy she doesnt like that much. She's tempting herself against everything she's ever wanted in Will.

I think we under-estimate how much Will means to Elizabeth sometimes... and therefore, devalue what her interaction with Jack shows.

Interesting interpretation! Let me see if I understood you correctly. So you're saying that because Will means so much to her, that for her to flirt with Jack that her draw to him has be something phenomenal. Is that what you're saying?

willofthewisp
"he's the romantic knight in shining armor who may be goofy but will go to the ends of the earth for her, and she knows it). but Will won't ever be aggressive or initiate with her, and she finally gives up on him and accepts the commodore-- because she thinks Will will never admit his love for her. so when Will finally comes out and says he loves her at the end of film 1, her whole world is suddenly put back together. all her dreams have come true. sure, no relationship is perfect, but he's everything she's ever wanted, and vice versa."---------Kate

Kate, love, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Liz never gives up on Will. Her acceptance of Norrington is exactly the same thing she does with Jack. She knows when men want her and she's not afraid to use it against them. The ship is not going to go back for Will and Liz is desperate. So she offers the only thing she can: herself. Norrington wants her and so they have a sort of bargain that she'll marry him if he'll go back for Will. I don't see that as giving up on him.

But everything else....I firmly agree with you. Liz seems pretty satisfied with Will if she agrees to marry him. He's nor forcing her to. So it must take something extremely strong and intense to make her briefly forget about him, not even mention him when someone else makes advances towards her. It's too unnatural for her to be in love with Will and yet not even mention him when it's clear something's bothering her.

savvysparrow
Actually, it sort of sets up a nice character trait in Elizabeth. Her accepting Norrington's proposal to save Will's life is her way of limiting her freedomr or happiness to ensure that Will lives. I'd say that the trait carries through the course of the films and motivates her other decisions.

Think about it this way. The path to rescuing Will in COTBP was through Norrington. In that same way, the path to rescuing Will in DMC is through Jack. Which, might explain perhaps why it was that the compass pointed at Jack in the first place, if you're of the mind that the compass does not work the way Jack says it works.

Surreal_44
Interesting theories. big grin I love the picture of Will and Elizabeth, and as I told Willo, I don't care if they are breaking up, declaring undying love for each other or commenting on the weather....it's just a lovely picture all around.

I know what Kate was trying to say, I think.

I think Elizabeth sort of gave up on Will in the cave at the end of CotBP. It seems like she was waiting for a declaration of love, and instead he tells her that her fiance will be worried about her.

So I get that. She may also have been peeved at him earlier in the movie because he didn't call her Elizabeth. She's obviously been trying to get him to call her Elizabeth for some time, so they've seen each other numerous times since they came to Port Royal.

The only real question I have about Elizabeth's feelings for Jack is...do you think her feelings are real, or do you think she may have...confused herself (for lack of a better word) on what she feels for him because of the compass and the flirting?

I have no doubt about Jack's attraction to her, although I hesitate to call it love...but Elizabeth's feelings still seem very up in the air to me, whereas with Will they've always been quite clear.

Comments?

willofthewisp
My guess as to Liz's feelings for Jack are that they are real, but I don't know if they are stronger than her feelings for Will. The compass isn't that great since the writers say what you want most can change, so it can constantly point to different things, or multiple things at the same time. But what about the power of suggestion? The first time Liz BELIEVES it points to Jack is after Norrington leaves her. It points in a certain direction and Jack happens to be in that path.

So she sees it pointing in his direction and is obviously disturbed. But why? She's a strong-willed girl. She's not going to just accept something. Plus, she loves Will. There are a million other reasons why it would look like it was pointing to Jack. He's just in the way of the chest. She wants the freedom he has. She wants him to help her get to the chest, etc. There is no reason to think she wants him UNLESS SHE WANTED HIM TO BEGIN WITH.

savvysparrow
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Interesting theories. big grin I love the picture of Will and Elizabeth, and as I told Willo, I don't care if they are breaking up, declaring undying love for each other or commenting on the weather....it's just a lovely picture all around.

I know what Kate was trying to say, I think.

I think Elizabeth sort of gave up on Will in the cave at the end of CotBP. It seems like she was waiting for a declaration of love, and instead he tells her that her fiance will be worried about her.

So I get that. She may also have been peeved at him earlier in the movie because he didn't call her Elizabeth. She's obviously been trying to get him to call her Elizabeth for some time, so they've seen each other numerous times since they came to Port Royal.

The only real question I have about Elizabeth's feelings for Jack is...do you think her feelings are real, or do you think she may have...confused herself (for lack of a better word) on what she feels for him because of the compass and the flirting?

I have no doubt about Jack's attraction to her, although I hesitate to call it love...but Elizabeth's feelings still seem very up in the air to me, whereas with Will they've always been quite clear.

Comments?

Well, on the one hand, it's easy to blame the attraction on the compass, that it sort of subliminally put thoughts into her head. But is Elizabeth the type of girl to be easily manipulated? Well, she might be trusting and have faith in people, but I'd hardly care her naiive.
We know that the compass doesn't work the way that Jack says it does; the writers have said as much. So, if that is the case, I would say any information from the compass is void. Which, makes her thoughts subversive to her actions. The writers have also mentioned the importance of actions versus words.

It's possible that she may have mistaken her feelings of admiration for Jack as something more. She may even be flattered that someone she holds in high regard, whether she'll admit to it or not, has taken notice of her.

As for the picture, I agree with you there. I see that picture and it makes my heart a little sad for them. There's such desperation on her face as though she's trying to tell him something, and he looks reserved...in a hot way. Ok enough rambling!

willofthewisp
Hmm, I wonder if anyone will jump ship. Roles have gotten kind of reversed, haven't they? We all wanted Jack to win her because he seemed to be the underdog, but more and more, there's speculation that now Will will be the underdog trying to win her back or her trying to win him back. Hmm. It does tug at the heartstrings, but I love J/E. Maybe Will will fall in love with someone else.

AudioHeart
same here eek!

Surreal_44
What did the writers say about the compass that makes you think that the compass doesn't work the way Jack says it does? I recall that they say that it does not point to what your heart desires, only that it points to what you want most, and according to them, that can change quite quickly.

The only thing they don't seem to agree about that is shown in the film is that they would not have had the compass point entirely at Jack, or to at least have immediately swung back toward the chest as oppossed to leaving the audience see it point straight at Jack.

I don't believe that Elizabeth is easily manipulated...however, in a stressful situation, with a seed planted in her mind and feeling a natural attraction to Jack (who wouldn't? big grin ), is her response that of someone who has true and real feelings for Jack, or just because she is confusing attraction with "what she wants most"?

Understand that I am not trying to say that Elizabeth is not attracted to Jack or that she does not care for him in some way. I'm just not convinced that she is torn between two men because she is really in love with both of them.

I really think that if Norrington hadn't gotten his dig into her about Jack that she would never have wavered on finding the chest. He planted the seed that she likes Jack as "something more", and then it made her think about Jack and wanting him, and that worried her, so she looked at the compass, and her fear was supposedly confirmed. Lots of people confusion attraction and lust as love, so perhaps that's what she did.

I know it's important to note that the very fact that she had doubts about her feelings and I'm not dismissing it. big grin I think I had a point in all this, but I seem to have lost my train of thought. Someday I might find it again.

I had a question about your statement, Willo. You mentioned that Jack seemed like the underdog; since when? big grin Will has been the one who's the underdog...don't forget that Gov. Swann still did not seem pleased with Elizabeth's choice, Norrington obviously didn't like it, society wouldn't have liked it, and after the Kiss of Death in DMC, it seems like he's really lost Elizabeth. If anyone has been the underdog, I would say that it's Will.

Or James, but that's a different matter. big grin

AudioHeart
haha "Kiss of Death" sounds cool

willofthewisp
Well, he was the underdog in the sense that he didn't really have the girl. We (the J/Eers) were all pulling that he would get a girl, one particular girl to be exact. But Will won her at the end of COTBP and she is technically with Will throughout DMC. Will has her. Jack doesn't.
So in that sense, Jack is the underdog, the guy from the wrong side of the tracks that's shooting for a girl above his level that already has a boyfriend. The odds are against him.

He's not an underdog to the fans, though, which is probably why you found that phrase unfitting. But see, everyone is so sure now that while Liz may choose Will, she will love Jack, so now that Will may lose her and have to compete against CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW for her, he's back to the underdog.

It's not who is the underdog in every situation in the series. Just with Liz. If you thought Will didn't have a chance with her in COTBP, Jack most certainly did not.

savvysparrow
Originally posted by Surreal_44
What did the writers say about the compass that makes you think that the compass doesn't work the way Jack says it does? I recall that they say that it does not point to what your heart desires, only that it points to what you want most, and according to them, that can change quite quickly.

The only thing they don't seem to agree about that is shown in the film is that they would not have had the compass point entirely at Jack, or to at least have immediately swung back toward the chest as oppossed to leaving the audience see it point straight at Jack.

I don't believe that Elizabeth is easily manipulated...however, in a stressful situation, with a seed planted in her mind and feeling a natural attraction to Jack (who wouldn't? big grin ), is her response that of someone who has true and real feelings for Jack, or just because she is confusing attraction with "what she wants most"?

Understand that I am not trying to say that Elizabeth is not attracted to Jack or that she does not care for him in some way. I'm just not convinced that she is torn between two men because she is really in love with both of them.

I really think that if Norrington hadn't gotten his dig into her about Jack that she would never have wavered on finding the chest. He planted the seed that she likes Jack as "something more", and then it made her think about Jack and wanting him, and that worried her, so she looked at the compass, and her fear was supposedly confirmed. Lots of people confusion attraction and lust as love, so perhaps that's what she did.

I know it's important to note that the very fact that she had doubts about her feelings and I'm not dismissing it. big grin I think I had a point in all this, but I seem to have lost my train of thought. Someday I might find it again.

Or James, but that's a different matter. big grin

Seriously, I'm not arguing with you. On the contrary, I think we actually agree on the point, that the emotions of DMC are intentionally vague though they lean more towards Will, as they should. He is her fiancee after all. I'm conceeding that I see your perspective. Though really, I think the huge twist at the end of AWE should be that Elizabeth leaves both Jack and Will for Norrington, the Long-shot-always-sat-on-bench-under-dog.

sailorleo
http://i19.tinypic.com/2ytpb3p.jpg
praise the lord it's my hubby smile *sighs*

savvysparrow
Ha! Wow! Seriously, I wondered if the mention of Norrington would bring you running. That's awesome, I bow to your intuitive sense of any and all things Norrington.

sailorleo
Originally posted by savvysparrow
Ha! Wow! Seriously, I wondered if the mention of Norrington would bring you running. That's awesome, I bow to your intuitive sense of any and all things Norrington. it's how i role yo's! seriously...i don't know how i do it, it's a gift ooo btw i got the new captain norrington action figure today *drools*

savvysparrow
Whoa! So....what does he look like?

sailorleo
no this is the new dmc set of action figures...sorry should have clarified....

JacksSweet

savvysparrow
We're not changing our minds. We're just looking at the other side with some objectivity. Just because we're saying that Will has a shot, doesn't mean that we don't believe the J/E might still happen. I'd say things are on a fairly even keel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.