At World's End vs Spider-Man 3 vs Shrek the Third!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin2009
Get this, Spider-Man is one of the biggest money making films of all time and so is Shrek and Pirates. Now everyone knows Pirates is the better of the 3 but some beg to differ, well on May 4th Spidey 3 swings into theaters and it is supposed to be the best Spidey film of them all, Shrek the Third which hits theaters May 18th doesnt look very great but!!! rumor has it Shrek the Third is going to be the best one yet, and finally Pirates 3 (the best one)which will launch into theaters on May 25th
is rumored to have the greatest ending to any movie and is said to be better than 1 and 2 put together. Another thing Shrek 2 made over $400 mil. in the US alone and over $900 mil around the world. Spidey 1 made over $400 mil in US and $900 mil around the world as well, but Pirates 2 made over $400 mil as well in the US and made over $1 billion around the world making it the 3rd known movie to ever reach the billion dollar mark. Now if we add those movies and put there sequels (Pirates 3, Spidey 3, Shrek 3) together, May 2007 will with no doubt be the #1 movie month of all time. My prediction is Pirates 3 will win the month with another reappearance of a little over $400 mil in US and a billion around the world, with Shrek the Third in second and Spidey 3 in a close third. But I may be wrong but I still say go Pirates!!!!!

savvysparrow
You're probably right. Pirates has the advantage because DMC is still fairly fresh in everyone's minds and it left off with a major cliff hanger. The buzz, excitement and marketing trends this year all surround Pirates and pirate like merchandise. The most popular halloween costume for the year was a pirate. My opinion is that it's between Spiderman and Pirates, with pirates winning out the battle. Spiderman looks really good, but it's been three years since the last sequel, and I know a lot of people who've lost interest. As for Shrek, I honestly don't see it as being the major source of competition. But who knows...

Chiki Mina
I dunno....I honestly don't see the big deal. I don't care if the other makes more money. I just want Pirates. And I do want to see Spidy 3. Besides, Jerry Bruckheimer is not really worried about the competetion.

tee_pirategirl
to tell u the complete truth I DO care. being totally honest I wish I didn't but deep down I want the film I love to do good. I don't care about it as a Life/Death matter but I do.

now having said that I think Shrek3 will be the best so far but with a smaller audience and no cliffy the real competition will be between AWE and Spidy3. lets examine for a second:

- Pirates is fresh in everyone's mind and the theme of this year has definitely been PIRATES but Spidy's a bit forgotten.

-count on all the boys and modern action lovers and comic readers to see Spidy but POTC doesn't have a defined audience which is an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time

-people who don't like really complicated stuff won't like AWE and won't watch it more than once but plot line wise spidy will be simple and on the other hand people who do like that myteriouse quality about POTC will see it a few times to fully absorb the story

and the list goes on but IMO awe will have a slight lead with spidy in 2nd by only a couple million.

I won't put all my money on AWE though! this will totally be a one on one sword fight between Johnny and Tobey with us KMC girls wearing our "I love Jack Sparrow" shirts and screming "Johnny!Johnny!" from the bleechers.

Anakin2009
Well I see you guys's point, but here's the big advantage for At World's End is that the story is been kept secret to everyone making it more of a people want to see this movie idea, and they haven't shown a trailer for the film yet(but they are on ABC Monday Night) and Pirates 2 just came on DVD in December and people knowing that Pirates 3 is coming out soon will spread the word and more people will more excited to see that instead. But here is the dissadvantage, some are worried about how AWE will end even though I've heard the ending is supposed to be a really really good ending, some are saying it doesnt become a terrible film like the Matrix Revolutions or Back to the Future type thing because they all started out strong and ended badly. But I have no doubt that Gore Verbinski or Jerry Bruckheimer would ruin this series.

Anakin2009
Spider-Man 2 and Shrek 2 all came out in the same year, but not the exact same month, in the year 2004 Spider-Man 2 was the heavy favorite to be the #1 film of the year but Shrek 2 shocked everyone and stopped Spidey 2 from reaching its goal bumping it to the number 2 spot. Overall Shrek 2 has beaten bot Spidey 1 and 2 and Pirates 1 and 2(in the US and Canada)
but this could be different, people aren't as interested in Shrek the Third or so it may seem. My prediction still stands even though Spidey 3 looks amazing I think Shrek will once again upset Spidey.(The prediction: 1.Pirates of the Caribbean:At World's End, 2. Shrek the Third, 3. Spider-Man 3).

aelizabeth
Some people are saying that the people who are worried about the end of the movie won't go to see it. I have to disagree. I don't believe that fear of an ending will keep people from going. I would think that it would make them more interested, to see how it really ends. Pirates will do well because there is an element of mystery and surprise that makes everyone interested, DMC left off on a big cliff hanger after all, and i think that everyone who is a fan of the series will go to see what will happen, and even people who just sort of like it will go see for the same reason. It should also attract a bunch of people who haven't seen any of the pirates films becuase fans are making such a huge deal about it, becuase it's worth making a big deal about. And if all else fails, which it certainly won't, i will be there every night to see it.

Spider-man 3 and Shrek 3 are both big movies, but Pirates 3 is bigger. I hope Pirates does better, becuase i think it deserves it more. My prediction is 1) Pirates 2) Spider-man 3) Shrek.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.