Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arctic
http://www.futurerockhall.com/future_eligibles.php

You guys most likely already know about this but I thought I would post it anyway. smile

Alpha Centauri
I saw Madonna and closed the page.

-AC

RocasAtoll
2015, 2017, and 2019 look the best.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

It's just the earliest date they can be inducted. They actually have some good ones on the page.

Pandemoniac
That can't be factual, or they really lost their last bit of good taste.

Joan Osbourne gets in before Rage against the Machine and Jamiroquai?
Everything but the girl before Nick Cave??
Chumbawumba before Guns 'n Roses???

Lana
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
That can't be factual, or they really lost their last bit of good taste.

Joan Osbourne gets in before Rage against the Machine and Jamiroquai?
Everything but the girl before Nick Cave??
Chumbawumba before Guns 'n Roses???

As it says at the top of the page:

"The artists below will first become eligible for the Rock Hall 25 years after the release of their first record (LP, EP or single)."

Pandemoniac
I know... Just didn't realise that some of those band were that old!
Sorryy

Nellinator
2008 has some good bands up.
2015 and 2019 look good too.
2011 is sad.

jaden101

-AC

i never got passed the bangles...

manorastroman
sonic youth and talk talk get my vote. and i suppose bad brains, too.

2011 is not sad. guided by voices, guns n roses, yo la tengo...that's a pretty great trio there.

i'm liking 2014...pavement, sebadoh, slint, and bob mould.

2021 might be my favorite. andrew bird, belle and sebastian, destroyer, modest mouse, bob pollard...

Arctic
Lol Nickelback and Matchbox 20 are in that year.

The Core
An interesting note, for Pantera to be eligible in 2008, they must be taking into consideration their indie label releases under Metal Magic Records like "Metal Magic", which was indeed released in 1983, 25 years later being 2008.

Arctic
Don Henley needs to get in this year.

~Flamboyant~
LOTS of artists on there that are not deserving. However, it would be awesome if Tenacious D made it.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Arctic
Don Henley needs to get in this year. On that note... would he have to make it on his solo career or does his career with the Eagles come into account (theoretically that is because I'm sure it would even if it theoretically shouldn't)? Based on his solo career I don't think he deserves it.

Arctic
idk I like the solo career...

Nellinator
I like him solo, but I don't think it's Hall of Fame deserving... It's all opinion though, as will be the final decision.

pcp
What's wrong with Madonna?

Tengu

-AC laughing

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by pcp
What's wrong with Madonna?

What's right with her?

-AC

jostopholees
Wow time flies. Metallica's getting in next year

Gideon
I think AC is trying to say that Madonna isn't - and shouldn't - be worthy of the Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame, and he'd most certainly be correct.

Rush isn't even there.

snowultra
they talking about van halen--how only 2 were going to show up. because they all hated each other. eddies in rehab, and so on.

pcp
You may not personally like Madonna'a music, but she has helped significantly to mould the musical landscape for 20 odd years, plus her Ray Of Light album is actually quite good.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by pcp
You may not personally like Madonna'a music, but she has helped significantly to mould the musical landscape for 20 odd years, plus her Ray Of Light album is actually quite good.

No she hasn't.

She's made sub-standard pop music for the past 20 years and is more known for getting her clothes off, or changing her look often, than she is for her music.

Either way, she doesn't belong in the Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame.

-AC

pcp
What do you mean 'either way'?

Alpha Centauri
*Hands you a red, rubber ball*

Enjoy that instead, it's easier for you.

-AC

pcp
thank you

Pezmerga
Rock and Roll hall of fame is a joke. They will probally let Madonna in, but theyhave snubbed Rush for almost a decade. So I don't take it too seriously, It's basically like them "top 100...." rolling stones lists that suck hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.