Is Thunderbolts a scam?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

littleredhat
Anyone who's read the last two issues of Thunderbolts can see that the team isn't very effective.

But they are also not being pushed to improve. They seem more focused on selling their image than actually doing thier job.

Why is this?

My thoughts. Its all a scam. Somone saw all the fat government checks that the government was handing out for the SRA and FSI and wanted a cut.So they take a well known but defunct team,fill it up with villians no one will really miss,promise them a big payday,and put a con woman and a mentally ill man in charge.

You don't train them. It doesn't matter how effective they are.

Instead you hype up and merchendise the hell out of them getting as much money as you can out off them.

Then when they've reached thier peak you arrange an "accident". Tragedy sells and now you don't have to pay them. Then you bring out the new "team" that you started picking even before the first one went on it's first mission.

I bet they already have the Doctor Octopus toys stocked and ready.

Someone very corrupt is going to get alot of money.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by littleredhat

Iron Man, he was willing to risk war with Atlantis to get a profit on his weaponry.

Disappear
the american people see the thunderbolts as just another team in the 50 state initiative, though several members are known to have a checkered past. but it's really just a bunch of crooks and would-be heroes working toward a clean slate so they can tell the government and the american people to **** off. like moonstone said, they don't need training, they just need to be able to get the job done and present those they arrest as threats that need to be taken in.

so, yeah, it's either a scam or a sham. or both.

Donkey Punch
Anyone who's read the last two issues of Thunderbolts can see that the team isn't very effective.

But they are also not being pushed to improve. They seem more focused on selling their image than actually doing thier job.

Why is this?

My thoughts. Its all a scam. Somone saw all the fat government checks that the government was handing out for the SRA and FSI and wanted a cut.So they take a well known but defunct team,fill it up with villians no one will really miss,promise them a big payday,and put a con woman and a mentally ill man in charge.

You don't train them. It doesn't matter how effective they are.

Instead you hype up and merchendise the hell out of them getting as much money as you can out off them.

Then when they've reached thier peak you arrange an "accident". Tragedy sells and now you don't have to pay them. Then you bring out the new "team" that you started picking even before the first one went on it's first mission.

I bet they already have the Doctor Octopus toys stocked and ready.

I doubt it ! With Ellis incharge of the T.Bolts, the book is basically one of its Flagship titles. Trust me everyone should be reading T.Bolts. With Ellis incharge, im sure we are going to see a team book that is a cross between the Authority and the Watchmen.

littleredhat
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
I doubt it ! With Ellis incharge of the T.Bolts, the book is basically one of its Flagship titles. Trust me everyone should be reading T.Bolts. With Ellis incharge, im sure we are going to see a team book that is a cross between the Authority and the Watchmen.

I get the impression that you believe I think the scam will work.

Nope. The T-bolts will find out. What they do with the info I have no idea.

Donkey Punch
I get the impression that you believe I think the scam will work.

Nope. The T-bolts will find out. What they do with the info I have no idea.

Take over the world maybe, like the Authority did. big grin

Disappear
or get electrocuted.

Tron
FYI, the Thunderbolts started off as a scam, so it wouldn't surprise me.

TricksterPriest
I'm actually expecting them to go legit, as least as soon as Zemo gets back from the middle ages. Assuming he gets back while the initiative is still on, I predict the team will actually go legit. Though Moonstone may want Zemo's head for taking her stones and using her as a puppet.... shifty He did a better job with them than she did anyway. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.