do you think it's irresponsible to get high at work?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C3PS
say you have a nothing job that requires very little thinking and doesnt have you operating anything dangerous. do you think it's wrong to toke up to make your day more bearable?

Badabing
Originally posted by C3PS
say you have a nothing job that requires very little thinking and doesnt have you operating anything dangerous. do you think it's wrong to toke up to make your day more bearable? It's irresponsible. durfist

Soleran
say you have a nothing job that requires very little thinking and doesnt have you operating anything dangerous. do you think it's wrong to toke up to make your day more bearable? Originally posted by Badabing
It's irresponsible. durfist

Symmetric Chaos
say you have a nothing job that requires very little thinking and doesnt have you operating anything dangerous. do you think it's wrong to toke up to make your day more bearable?

no expression Well its . . . ya know . . . aganist the law and stuff.

doan_m
It is very irresponsible to put yourself under the influence of an illegal drug in a work place.

Alliance

Hell yeah its wrong.

DarkC
No matter what your job is, you're supposed to be working when at work, not getting high. Answer: Yes, it is extremely irresponsible.

Dreampanther
Not even a little bit - I worked high for ten years, and it was great. In fact, I urge you to do it - it just makes your life that much easier. My brother still does it, and he has a great time at work.

Don't let people tell you what you can or can't, should or shouldn't do - this is YOUR life, so live it. Try getting high at work - if it works for you, great. If it doesn't then stop.

But I promise you, you will always be sorrier about the things you didn't do than the things you did.

evil face evil face evil face

C3PS
Originally posted by DarkC
No matter what your job is, you're supposed to be working when at work, not getting high. Answer: Yes, it is extremely irresponsible. who said anything about not working? i find that i work better when high personally... cause when i'm sober i usually lose interest and get stressed out by the customers so i have a bad attitude too.

Oncewhite

only if u r running your own company, and u have some sort of eye disease or recovering from cancer, and the only thing that legally makes you feel at ease is getting high...check with your local law enforcement first...

Kinneary
If you can do your job and it doesn't interfere, then hell, get high.

Though, I don't think that's very many jobs.

Quiero Mota

What kind of job do you have?

Strangelove
say you have a nothing job that requires very little thinking and doesnt have you operating anything dangerous. do you think it's wrong to toke up to make your day more bearable? Umm....yeah. Most irresponsible

King Nothing
say you have a nothing job that requires very little thinking and doesnt have you operating anything dangerous. do you think it's wrong to toke up to make your day more bearable? Irresponcible to the law... yes. For me in actuality, No. IMO, it depends on what kind of high you get and what it does for you. For me I actually work better when high. I would be able to fly a plane better high then not.

ragesRemorse

I guess it depends on your values and morals. Irresponsible or not, you can always use the exscuse that you are non conformist and follow the beat to your own drum. however, this will do nothing but put your mind at ease when you are looking for a job because you got fired for getting high. smokin'

Seeing as though i have broken that law many times in my adolescence i am not one to say one way or the other. I dont get high anymore so it's not something i need to worry about. I can offer you one piece of golden advice though. If you continue to get high at work. Dont ever drop acid before going to work. you may risk losing more than your job...trust me

FeceMan
It's extremely irresponsible no matter one's job.

ragesRemorse
unless your cheech and chong of course. Then, it pays the bills smile

Fishy
Unless you work in a coffee shop, yes.

For all of you that don't know, you can buy drugs here in coffee shops (legally)

chillmeistergen
No I don't think it's irresponsible at all, all this shit about 'oh it's your job you have to work hard all the time' sh!t p!sses me right off, as if everyone works really hard all the time, high or no. Go for it if you're thinking about it, I'm sure it'll make the working day a lot more bearable, just don't fall asleep.

Fishy
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
No I don't think it's irresponsible at all, all this shit about 'oh it's your job you have to work hard all the time' sh!t p!sses me right off, as if everyone works really hard all the time, high or no. Go for it if you're thinking about it, I'm sure it'll make the working day a lot more bearable, just don't fall asleep.

You get paid to work hard, not to smoke weed and get high. If everybody would think like you did we would have one hell of a shitty economy, and everybody that gets high under work time should just get fired for it. Irresponsible bastards.

If you want to get high on your own time, go ahead have fun. But don't expect your boss to pay you so you can have fun. And if you really want to get high during work find a boss that won't mind if you do. Otherwise don't get high.

JacopeX
Most obvious question ever.

Magee
say you have a nothing job that requires very little thinking and doesnt have you operating anything dangerous. do you think it's wrong to toke up to make your day more bearable? Try it, if you can get high and work then there is no problem. Though I would suggest maybe 1 or 2 joints through the day, don't over do it lol.

Rogue Jedi
i havent been high in years. if i wanna get high i bang my head against the wall or eat ice cream really fast.

Soleran
Some of these responses just crack me up.

Did everyone read the question? It asked if it was irresponsible to get high at work, not is it ok, is it legal etc etc.

Unless you were hired to get high then yes, its irresponsible.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Soleran
Some of these responses just crack me up.

Did everyone read the question? It asked if it was irresponsible to get high at work, not is it ok, is it legal etc etc.

Unless you were hired to get high then yes, its irresponsible.

even though the general answer is obviously yes, its irresponsible, what if getting high at work were legal...would it still be irresponsible? The world would be like the movie"idiocracy" damn that would be scary

Soleran
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
even though the general answer is obviously yes, its irresponsible, what if getting high at work were legal...would it still be irresponsible? The world would be like the movie"idiocracy" damn that would be scary

Even if it was legal would it change your responsiblities at work? Nope, really unless you are hired with a certain set of expectations set in place upon being hired with that in mind, it's irresponsible.

allofyousuckkk
no offense, but what a stupid question

Fishy

It's legal here, and it's still irresponsible to get high at work, unless you work in a place where they sell the crap. And even then some employers might not like you getting high from anything but second hand smoke.

You simply just don't get high while on the job. You have to work and you should be able to do that normally.

Dreampanther
Some jobs suck, and the only way to preserve your sanity is to have a little toke in the morning...

However, I finally got the opportunity I needed to create a better life for myself - and now I am so high on life I can't even remember the last time I thought about lighting up!

So, if it's a choice between pulling a gun and shooting your co-workers, or having a couple of puffs in the morning - then have a couple of puffs. But really, rather try to get a job you enjoy so much that it gives you the high you are craving for, whether it's recognition, adrenaline, fame, success - whatever rocks your boat.

C3PS
nobody is going to hire you to just get high.. you are saying it's a stupid question but that's a stupid answer. they hire you to do a certain job.. if you do it well while high and nobody notices then what's the problem?

to answer one of you my job is about as simple as it gets: clearing the parking lot of a grocery store by taking the carriages to the front of the store. i can literally do it in my sleep.

Soleran
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Some jobs suck, and the only way to preserve your sanity is to have a little toke in the morning...

However, I finally got the opportunity I needed to create a better life for myself - and now I am so high on life I can't even remember the last time I thought about lighting up!

So, if it's a choice between pulling a gun and shooting your co-workers, or having a couple of puffs in the morning - then have a couple of puffs. But really, rather try to get a job you enjoy so much that it gives you the high you are craving for, whether it's recognition, adrenaline, fame, success - whatever rocks your boat. Originally posted by C3PS
nobody is going to hire you to just get high.. you are saying it's a stupid question but that's a stupid answer. they hire you to do a certain job.. if you do it well while high and nobody notices then what's the problem?

to answer one of you my job is about as simple as it gets: clearing the parking lot of a grocery store by taking the carriages to the front of the store. i can literally do it in my sleep.

The question is still the same, is it Irresponsible to get high at work, the answer is yes.

Not, can you effectively work while high.

Either way dude, your question was answered. Maybe you intended to ask it differently?

C3PS
maybe. i didn't mean for the wording of my question to be over analyzed to be honest. "irresponsible," "wrong," "stupid.." you could use any of these to answer the question. it was just meant to gather a general opinion on it, i don't view it as something that's factually yes or no.

care to give any reasoning besides "your boss doesn't pay you to get high" as to why it's irresponsible?

Fishy

So, if it's a choice between pulling a gun and shooting your co-workers, or having a couple of puffs in the morning - then have a couple of puffs. But really, rather try to get a job you enjoy so much that it gives you the high you are craving for, whether it's recognition, adrenaline, fame, success - whatever rocks your boat.

Then quit and get another job, if you are that miserable at work you shouldn't be working there. Besides if you really are mentally insane enough to get a gun and shoot your co workers you really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near substances that influence the way you think.

maybe. i didn't mean for the wording of my question to be over analyzed to be honest. "irresponsible," "wrong," "stupid.." you could use any of these to answer the question. it was just meant to gather a general opinion on it, i don't view it as something that's factually yes or no.

care to give any reasoning besides "your boss doesn't pay you to get high" as to why it's irresponsible?

I really don't see the need for another reason, the fact that you are influeinced by substances that impair your judgement your reflexes and pretty much everything your body does while working is just stupid. You shouldn't be allowed to do that while working, at work you have to be able to at least act normal.

You really do not need another reason, and if you do need another reason you should really start thinking about work and what it's supposed to be.

Not to mention that it's likely illegal where you live anyways, so breaking the law while working is probably something that's not liked by your boss either.

Capt_Fantastic

Is the smoking pot a result of the bad job, or is the bad job a result of smoking pot?

Rogue Jedi
maybe they cant keep their hands off the wacky weed.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Fishy
Then quit and get another job, if you are that miserable at work you shouldn't be working there. Besides if you really are mentally insane enough to get a gun and shoot your co workers you really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near substances that influence the way you think.

Don't preach at me, man. You don't seem to know much about what is going on in the world outside of your little fishbowl, and you are also very quick to get on your high horse. Not everyone has the fortune to be living in a welfare state, where your government supports you when you don't have a job. In SA some people are lucky to get a job for $5 a day (and I mean really lucky - the few fortunate people who do manage to get a grant get about $25 A MONTH!).

With this money they have to support their families, pay for transport, feed and clothe their kids, send them to school... So they get jobs mowing lawns, cleaning houses, the most menial, boring, mindless jobs in the world, where they get treated like shit and like I said - they are the lucky ones who manage to scrape enough together to support their families.

Are you gonna tell these people they should not have a little puff every now and again, just to escape from the tediousness from their everyday lives? Open your eyes and look at the world around you, realise that not everyone has a government that look after people like you, the fortunate few, and try to comprehend the fact that some people cannot just quit their jobs, in many cases they are the only ones supporting extended families and if they do not get up every morning to go and do that horrible job they were lucky enough to get then their entire fragile family support structure will collapse.

I wish people like you would think before you speak...

Rogue Jedi
exactly. overall, i like my job. but it has its moments, you know? i dont go out and roll a fatty to calm down.

Fishy
Don't preach at me, man. You don't seem to know much about what is going on in the world outside of your little fishbowl, and you are also very quick to get on your high horse. Not everyone has the fortune to be living in a welfare state, where your government supports you when you don't have a job. In SA some people are lucky to get a job for $5 a day (and I mean really lucky - the few fortunate people who do manage to get a grant get about $25 A MONTH!).

With this money they have to support their families, pay for transport, feed and clothe their kids, send them to school... So they get jobs mowing lawns, cleaning houses, the most menial, boring, mindless jobs in the world, where they get treated like shit and like I said - they are the lucky ones who manage to scrape enough together to support their families.

Are you gonna tell these people they should not have a little puff every now and again, just to escape from the tediousness from their everyday lives? Open your eyes and look at the world around you, realise that not everyone has a government that look after people like you, the fortunate few, and try to comprehend the fact that some people cannot just quit their jobs, in many cases they are the only ones supporting extended families and if they do not get up every morning to go and do that horrible job they were lucky enough to get then their entire fragile family support structure will collapse.

I wish people like you would think before you speak...

I'm the only one thinking here...

If they got such terrible jobs and such little money to spend on so many important things the last thing they should even consider buying is drugs.

The last thing they should do is something illegal and something that could get them fired... If they would be smart and even used their brain for a second they wouldn't be breaking the law, they wouldn't risk their job smoking weed or using some kind of dangerous drug. Like I said I don't care if they use that shit after working hours on their own private time. It would still be incredibly freaking idiotic seeing as it's illegal in the US and it costs money, that they according to you don't have.

So perhaps really it's just time for them and you for that matter to start thinking clearly, and stop risking jail your job and basically your entire life, just to get through a days work better.

Who knows perhaps if they would have invested all that money they spend on drugs into something useful they might have gotten out of that piss poor stinking life you described.

Dreampanther
Moron.

This AFRICA!

Marijuana is a plant that grown NATURALLY!

This is not Europe, you don't need a green house - it's a flippen weed, that grows everywhere.

And the cops have a lot more important things to do here than try and chase down everyone who might have a toke now and again - you know, like catch rapists, murderers, hijackers, armed robbers...

You know, we have real problems here, man, and you don't seem to know much about Africa at all...

Rogue Jedi
DP, your avy rocks.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
DP, your avy rocks.

Thanks! big grin

Fishy, here is something you might find interesting...

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=594&art_id=nw20070216121252506C175240

"It is a grim reality that every year, over 18 000 South Africans are murdered and 50 000 are raped."

Like I said, we have real problems here. And getting a lecture about the irresponsibility of smoking weed from a guy from the Netherlands where you can walk into any shop and buy it legally seems to me to be sanctimonious, to say the least.

Rogue Jedi
Thanks! big grin

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=594&art_id=nw20070216121252506C175240

"It is a grim reality that every year, over 18 000 South Africans are murdered and 50 000 are raped."

Like I said, we have real problems here. And getting a lecture about the irresponsibility of smoking weed from a guy from the Netherlands where you can walk into any shop and buy it legally seems to me to be sanctimonious, to say the least.
jeezuz.......18000 raped and 50000 murdered?

Dreampanther
jeezuz.......18000 raped and 50000 murdered?

Yeah, like I said, we have real problems here. Do yourself a favour and look up statistics for crime, HIV/Aids and unemployment in South Africa, and if you don't feel like crying - well, then you're a harder person than I am.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, like I said, we have real problems here. Do yourself a favour and look up statistics for crime, HIV/Aids and unemployment in South Africa, and if you don't feel like crying - well, then you're a harder person than I am.
my man, i am definitely a cryer, so i'll take your word for it. quite a world we live in. sad

Fishy
Thanks! big grin

First of all, didn't read your location my bad.

Second of all, why does it matter that you can buy it legally here? It's still illegal to smoke it during working hours unless you actually get paid to do so, in fact it's one of the few things here that can you get you fired without first having to go through a government agency's, along with attacking a co-worker being drunk and stealing...

Third, what does it really matter how high other crimes are? Does that change the fact that drugs cost money? Does that change the fact that using them could cost you your job?

Does it change anything at all?

The cops might not care about you smoking weed, that's nice for them and for you. But it's still taking away resources from you, time and money that can and should be spend on other far more important things. Nothing can change that.

So yes it's irresponsible even in South Africa.

Dreampanther
Yeah, The thing, I love my country, which is one of the reasons I decided now, at the ripe old age of 32 and 3/4 stick out tongue to do a Post Graduate Certificate in Education. I just can't sit back and watch things spiral out of control anymore.

Here are some scary facts about HIV?Aids in SA:

"The head of the MRC has stated that AIDS killed around 336,000 South Africans between mid-2005 and mid-2006.

The ASSA2003 provincial model calculates that 345,640 people died because of AIDS in 2006 - comprising 47% of all deaths. Among adults aged 15-49 years, it estimates that 71% of all deaths were due to AIDS.

UNAIDS/WHO estimate that AIDS claimed 320,000 lives in 2005 - more than 800 every day."

http://www.avert.org/safricastats.htm

Once I get my qualification I want to get out in the rural areas and start educating and helping people - because for crying out loud, according to this site:

http://www.amref.org/index.asp?PageID=50&PiaID=2

"Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) harbours nearly 65% of the estimated 40.3 million people living with HIV/AIDS in the world in 2005. While general awareness about HIV and its causes is almost universal in most of SSA, transmission has not abated.

2005 saw yet 4.9 million new infections in the world, 3.2 million (65%) of them in SSA , home to under 10% of the world population."

Also:

"It has been estimated that in less than a decade there will be 42 million AIDS orphans in Africa."

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, The thing, I love my country, which is one of the reasons I decided now, at the ripe old age of 32 and 3/4 stick out tongue to do a Post Graduate Certificate in Education. I just can't sit back and watch things spiral out of control anymore.

Here are some scary facts about HIV?Aids in SA:

"The head of the MRC has stated that AIDS killed around 336,000 South Africans between mid-2005 and mid-2006.

The ASSA2003 provincial model calculates that 345,640 people died because of AIDS in 2006 - comprising 47% of all deaths. Among adults aged 15-49 years, it estimates that 71% of all deaths were due to AIDS.

UNAIDS/WHO estimate that AIDS claimed 320,000 lives in 2005 - more than 800 every day."

http://www.avert.org/safricastats.htm

Once I get my qualification I want to get out in the rural areas and start educating and helping people - because for crying out loud, according to this site:

http://www.amref.org/index.asp?PageID=50&PiaID=2

"Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) harbours nearly 65% of the estimated 40.3 million people living with HIV/AIDS in the world in 2005. While general awareness about HIV and its causes is almost universal in most of SSA, transmission has not abated.

2005 saw yet 4.9 million new infections in the world, 3.2 million (65%) of them in SSA , home to under 10% of the world population."

Also:

"It has been estimated that in less than a decade there will be 42 million AIDS orphans in Africa."
man. guess i need to sit back and appreciate living in the states more.

Dreampanther
...Third, what does it really matter how high other crimes are? Does that change the fact that drugs cost money? Does that change the fact that using them could cost you your job?

Does it change anything at all?

The cops might not care about you smoking weed, that's nice for them and for you. But it's still taking away resources from you, time and money that can and should be spend on other far more important things. Nothing can change that...

Like I said, in Africa the stuff grows naturally, so it doesn't cost you any money. I agree that it could get you fired - but you know what? The people working in gardens, for instance - they are not allowed inside the houses. They are supposed to stay outside in the gardens, drink water from the tap, eat their lunch under a tree outside....

This is not always the case, but it happens - a lot. And if people treat you like an animal, well, wouldn't you need to do something every now and again, just to help you stay chill and relaxed?

Obviously you can get fired if they see you standing outside the kitchen door rolling up a huge big spliff. But if you smoke a pipe in the morning on the way to work, and you listen to a little Bob Marley, and you manage to make it through the day and take the little money you have earned back to your family so you can at least buy a bread to share between the 12 people living in your shack -

can anybody really blame you?

Dreampanther
man. guess i need to sit back and appreciate living in the states more.

I worked in London for a couple of years - and there are so many things people take for granted, without ever thinking about it. Public transport, for instance. Getting welfare. Being able to go out at night and not having to pay some guy to make sure your car is still gonna be there when you come out of the restaurant / movies...

Having a reasonable chance to get a job - any job. Not having to come home and find your house has bee burgled - for the second time that year.

What is amazing is that so many people in SA still keep a positive attitude, despite all the crap!

Which is just one of the reasons I love my country big grin

Rogue Jedi
I worked in London for a couple of years - and there are so many things people take for granted, without ever thinking about it. Public transport, for instance. Getting welfare. Being able to go out at night and not having to pay some guy to make sure your car is still gonna be there when you come out of the restaurant / movies...

Having a reasonable chance to get a job - any job. Not having to come home and find your house has bee burgled - for the second time that year.

What is amazing is that so many people in SA still keep a positive attitude, despite all the crap!

Which is just one of the reasons I love my country big grin
if i had to live outside the states, the UK would be one of the places i'd consider living. the UK, japan, australia, or france.

Fishy
Like I said, in Africa the stuff grows naturally, so it doesn't cost you any money. I agree that it could get you fired - but you know what? The people working in gardens, for instance - they are not allowed inside the houses. They are supposed to stay outside in the gardens, drink water from the tap, eat their lunch under a tree outside....

This is not always the case, but it happens - a lot. And if people treat you like an animal, well, wouldn't you need to do something every now and again, just to help you stay chill and relaxed?

Obviously you can get fired if they see you standing outside the kitchen door rolling up a huge big spliff. But if you smoke a pipe in the morning on the way to work, and you listen to a little Bob Marley, and you manage to make it through the day and take the little money you have earned back to your family so you can at least buy a bread to share between the 12 people living in your shack -

can anybody really blame you?

And no farmers grow these things? You don't have to travel to get them? You can just walk through the street and take some without any problems? It won't take you much time, any kind of costs or whatever?

And I can't say I blame them for doing it, I still say it's irresponsible and stupid...

Hydrono

I agree, but you have to admit that the amount of white South Africans aiming to leaving the country is quite shocking.

Eccentric

Of course it is irresponsible, if you get caught you will get fired, lol.

Rogue Jedi
not necessarily. one of my friends gets high all the time at work, and his boss knows.

Fishy
not necessarily. one of my friends gets high all the time at work, and his boss knows.

In which case it doesn't matter... If his boss however would mind then it would be irresponsible...

C3PS
don't get it twisted.. i'm not some poor south african who's only escape from their miserable existence is through drugs.. i can tolerate work without weed as i did for a while but i actually have FUN at work when i'm high. quite a bit of fun. and i do a much better job too.. cause my mind will wander while i'm working yet i'll still be completing the tasks so i'm not thinking about the amount of carts i have to push and i don't really get tired. i'm more nice to the customers and more sociable with my co-workers, too. the only real downside i can see is that i'm risking getting fired but honestly it wouldn't be very hard to replace my job... it's part time with minimum wage.. really don't have much to lose.

Dreampanther
don't get it twisted.. i'm not some poor south african who's only escape from their miserable existence is through drugs.. i can tolerate work without weed as i did for a while but i actually have FUN at work when i'm high. quite a bit of fun. and i do a much better job too.. cause my mind will wander while i'm working yet i'll still be completing the tasks so i'm not thinking about the amount of carts i have to push and i don't really get tired. i'm more nice to the customers and more sociable with my co-workers, too. the only real downside i can see is that i'm risking getting fired but honestly it wouldn't be very hard to replace my job... it's part time with minimum wage.. really don't have much to lose.

If it's such a shit job why don't you quit then? If you can get another job that challenge you more why don't you?

If you have to smoke weed to enjoy your job, and you can get another job, I don't understand why you are still there - it seems to me you are wasting your time, your brain and therefore your life.

C3PS
i don't think it's a shit job, like i said i have fun at work. just that it's basically bottom of the line financially.. wouldnt be hard to replace with another part time retail job. i can get ANOTHER job, yea, that doesn't mean i can get a BETTER job. either way i still am trying to get another job cause i want to have 2 jobs anyway, or a single full time job. i don't feel i'm wasting my time or my life cause i don't define myself by my career.. as long as i'm enjoying myself then i'm doing exactly what i should be.

Fishy
i don't think it's a shit job, like i said i have fun at work. just that it's basically bottom of the line financially.. wouldnt be hard to replace with another part time retail job. i can get ANOTHER job, yea, that doesn't mean i can get a BETTER job. either way i still am trying to get another job cause i want to have 2 jobs anyway, or a single full time job. i don't feel i'm wasting my time or my life cause i don't define myself by my career.. as long as i'm enjoying myself then i'm doing exactly what i should be.

Is it illegal to smoke weed in your country? And what are the chances that the cops would actually do something about you smoking it?

Do you have any idea what kind of records can be held about an employees past, one offense like that can prevent you from getting a thousand jobs in the future... Perhaps you don't want to look at that, that's fine. But that doesn't make it a responsible thing to do. Unless you are expecting to work dead end jobs for the rest of your life, without caring about money just about the fun.

AngryManatee
If it's a no-nothing job, I don't see a problem with it. Going to classes high is fun too. Go to school high. Do tests high. Get high grades.

ArdRigh
There's nothing wrong with that as long as you control your ass while working, pal!

Keep up the good works!

ArdRigh

Rogue Jedi
whats up with all these people putting their names at the end of their posts?

C3PS
Is it illegal to smoke weed in your country? And what are the chances that the cops would actually do something about you smoking it?

Do you have any idea what kind of records can be held about an employees past, one offense like that can prevent you from getting a thousand jobs in the future... Perhaps you don't want to look at that, that's fine. But that doesn't make it a responsible thing to do. Unless you are expecting to work dead end jobs for the rest of your life, without caring about money just about the fun. i live in america so... yes it's illegal but.. it's basically seen as harmless.

if a possessions charge is going to prevent me from getting thousands of jobs in the future then i'm already screwed so once again not much to lose there..

G U I T A R
It's illegal and arrogant.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by G U I T A R
It's illegal and arrogant.
arrogant? haha. If the government thought they could get away with taxing cannabis they almost certainly would make it legal and both sell and tax it, just like they do with alcohol.

C3PS
i never understood why the couldn't tax it just like they do tobacco?

vintageSW77
its fine as long as you dont over do it
i went through a phase of eating a little bit of resin at work
the only problem was at lunch when i used to have double portions of EVERYTHING,thinking average tracks on the radio were works of genius and the odd giggling fit due to thinking weird shit when i should have been thinking about the job

C3PS
eating resin? isn't that gross?

vintageSW77
yip but 5 hours later its sweet

G U I T A R
People who use weed are GAY

Dreampanther

Homophobic much?

vintageSW77

i dunno ive never been stoned and thought "i could suck a dick right about now" so i guess your wrong there

C3PS
i think he meant "happy"

in which case it makes sense

C3PS
Originally posted by vintageSW77
yip but 5 hours later its sweet how much do u gotta eat to feel the effects?

chillmeistergen
how much do u gotta eat to feel the effects?

I used to heat up a teenth n crumble into a yogurt, got me fvcked. If you do that it should you out royally

C3PS
a tenth?? what is that like 3 grams? that way too expensive for one day's work, lol.

chillmeistergen
a tenth?? what is that like 3 grams? that way too expensive for one day's work, lol.

I don't really know the grams measurements but it's a 16th of an oz so about a 5ers worth.

C3PS
oh i thought you meant 1/10th of an oz. seemed like a weird measurement to me. i get an eighth for 20 dollars so i guess i'll give it a try. i hear eating it is the best high you can get from it. how do you "heat it up" tho?

Atlantis001
I think we should work at work. "Getting high" is not something so important to the point of defending our rights to do it at work. This is like asking if its irresponsible to masturbate ourselves at work.

Mindship
Yes, for reasons so obvious this question shouldn't even be asked.

botankus

Six hits of LSD per day before work really gets me going. I keep thinking my boss is pissed at me, but then I wave the technicolor bastard out of my conscious.

C3PS
Originally posted by Atlantis001
I think we should work at work. "Getting high" is not something so important to the point of defending our rights to do it at work. This is like asking if its irresponsible to masturbate ourselves at work. well as long as u go in the bathroom and wash ur hands afterwards....

botankus
well as long as u go in the bathroom and wash ur hands afterwards....

I guess this would fall under the corporate team exhibitionist category.

Atlantis001
Mmmm... perhaps that should be put on the first emend of the constitution or in a speech followed by the national anthen, something like.... All citizens have the freedom and right of getting high, masturbation and prostitution at work whenever they feel necessary as long it do not cause any harm to anyone, under the will of God.

chillmeistergen
oh i thought you meant 1/10th of an oz. seemed like a weird measurement to me. i get an eighth for 20 dollars so i guess i'll give it a try. i hear eating it is the best high you can get from it. how do you "heat it up" tho?

You can heat it up in various ways, you could just hold a lighter to it and sorta twizzle it round a bit that's the most common way. Though probably the easiest way is to put it on a spoon and just heat the bottom up. Warning though do not let your neighbours etc see you do that because they might think it's heroin you're doing. Yeah it is a nice high, just be ready for a long one lol.

AngryManatee
i never understood why the couldn't tax it just like they do tobacco?

You can grow weed in your back yard and smoke all you want. Cigarettes have chemicals and crap put in them that cannot easily be replicated in your home. Also the government makes more money on the "war on drugs" than it ever would if it tried to market weed.

Fishy
Originally posted by AngryManatee
You can grow weed in your back yard and smoke all you want. Cigarettes have chemicals and crap put in them that cannot easily be replicated in your home. Also the government makes more money on the "war on drugs" than it ever would if it tried to market weed.

The war on drugs is costing a lot of money, and this excuse only works for the US.

Drugs aren't made legal for a lot of reasons, good or not you can doubt them. But try to look beyond your own border.

Marxman
a tenth?? what is that like 3 grams? that way too expensive for one day's work, lol. an eighth is 3.5 grams.

vintageSW77
i just bite a bit out,crunch it into little pieces and wash it down with whatever im drinking
i dont smoke but i reckon i neck about 5 joints worth in one go then stay high for about 6 hours after 6 hours of waiting for the signs to start...so usually its the last two hours in work on a Friday when i do this
theres no way i could do it midweek
i did once and instead of typing an address of a customer i started typing lyrics to a SMITHS song
ive been high the morning after going clubbing on other substances in work and that is pure torture
comedowns are a big no in the workplace

WrathfulDwarf

Put yourself in the position of the Employer. I wouldn't blame any employer that fires or gives a warning to an employee for smoking, drinking alcohol, taking drugs around when there is work to be done. That's why there are break times and lunch hours. I mean like WTF? are these people sucha pathetic lame ass junkies that can't wait till get home and smoke or drink their stuff?

Darth Extecute
It is very irresponsible indeed..

chillmeistergen
I have hardly any respect for authority at all, so my ethos is if you can get away with it do it. I can't see a way you could get caught anyway if you blazed it all or ate it.

vintageSW77
i meant wash it down with a soft drink

and seeing as i finish my workload for mid day i can do whatever the **** i want

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by vintageSW77
i meant wash it down with a soft drink

and seeing as i finish my workload for mid day i can do whatever the **** i want

I think it's a good idea, I've never bothered doin it at work before ecause i thought all about the possibility of gobbling a bit of resin, might have to do it next time I'm at work lol

ragesRemorse
try this,

go to work high the next day, go to work sober then ask yourself the question; did i gather more acomplishments from this day ?

StinkFist462
i get high at work all the time.

gotta love being a sandwhich delivery person. just smoke a joint on the rides out. good freaking times is all i got to say about that.

C3PS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Put yourself in the position of the Employer. I wouldn't blame any employer that fires or gives a warning to an employee for smoking, drinking alcohol, taking drugs around when there is work to be done. That's why there are break times and lunch hours. I mean like WTF? are these people sucha pathetic lame ass junkies that can't wait till get home and smoke or drink their stuff? so then what if people smoke on their lunch break instead...?

and personally 90% of the weed i buy i use at work so i'm not such a "junkie" that i can't wait till i get home, i just find it more useful at work.

vintageSW77
were not talking shooting up Heroin and sinking into your office chair or necking 3 Es and jumping on your desk shouting AVE IT whenever The Chemical Brothers come on the radio were talking having a lil bit of weed to see us thru the day now and then

its fine depending on your job
im fortunate to be left on my own bar the odd phone call and can handle the amount i take
mind you if your job involves driving its not recommended

snoochyboochies
Its generally not so good if you operate cranes either.

ragesRemorse
^^^or anything else requiring the responsibility of others or anything that demands focus for an extended amount of time.

botankus
"Do you think it's irresponsible to get high at work?"
"What's the difference between a zombie and a drug addict?"

And people wonder why PVS and a few others abandoned the GDF.

chillmeistergen
I wish you'd abandon it

botankus
Case rested. Thanks for stopping by.

Darth Extecute
It is very irresponsible to get high at work. At work you have a certain duty and you should fulfill this duty and get high afterwards if that is so important to you. Not get high at all would probably be for the best, imo.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by botankus
Case rested. Thanks for stopping by.

You had to edit that? dear oh dear.

botankus
I was trying to avoid wasting my time in a flame war with a noob. Seemed the easiest way to accomplish that.

FeceMan
PVS left the GDF for good?

I'm mildy disappointed. (Not being sarcastic.)

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
It is very irresponsible to get high at work. At work you have a certain duty and you should fulfill this duty and get high afterwards if that is so important to you. Not get high at all would probably be for the best, imo.

no way man...thats the machine talking through you. You gots to to gets high to free your mind from the machines grasp. I know you gots to serve da man an all to just get by, but yuz can still walk the line while serving no one but yourself and while still bein be friendly wit da man an all you know? word...toke it up.

sorry, just had to go off on my old hippie esque rants for old time sake. Bottom line is, whether you are for the man or against the man. Getting high at work is getting high on someone else's time, and someone else's dime

vandergirl
It's irresponsible....besides isn't there better things to waste your money on? (I guess that is if you actually paid for it) confused

Darth Extecute
Getting high at work is getting high on someone else's time, and someone else's dime

Which is wrong.. Get high at your own time and do what you are supposed to do during other peoples time (Like "the man"wink

vintageSW77
i dunno discussing whats the differance between a zombie and a drug addict is as silly as talking about people who play act for a living and get paid shit loads for doing so

Phoenix*Rising
say you have a nothing job that requires very little thinking and doesnt have you operating anything dangerous. do you think it's wrong to toke up to make your day more bearable? Yeah it's not right. But I suppose if you have a job that require NO thinking then it may not be as bad. A job that isn't dangerous to you or anyone else if your reflexes are slower. Maybe like gardening or litter pick up.

Mindship
No. Not if you're a brain surgeon, nuclear-weapon designer or President.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
Which is wrong.. Get high at your own time and do what you are supposed to do during other peoples time (Like "the man"wink

couldnt have said it better if i had not tried saying it without being subtlely unclear Happy Dance stick it to da man; wait, da man pays my bills, and give me my shiney new car, and brand new up to date ipod mini smart phone. I'm not sure, am i supposed to love the man or hate the man? Damn i need a blunt smokin'

naw, i just need some me time without the man or anyone else big grin

FeceMan
*Sighs.*

I'm confused, why was this even a question in the first place?

Nellinator
I think the answer to this one is yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.