Steady load of woman gonna come my way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
I see that there are no offcial Led Zeppelin threads here. So i am going to take the liberty and make this an official un official Zeppelin appreciation thread. Not sure if there is anything worth saying about the 1 super group that has never been said, but damn do i love me some Zeppelin.

Does anyone actually think they sold their souls to the devil?

Arctic
What because of the backwards subliminal message thing?

ragesRemorse
no, after the death of bonham a myth started surrounding the band that they sold their souls for Rock and roll. Infact many conspiracy nuts believe that all of those super groups from the late 60's to mid 80's danced with the devil for success. Just do a search on it, and you will find hundreds of sites claiming this. Personally, i dont think there is anything to it, but in my earlier more impressionable days i thought there may have been some creedence to these claims.

however, i do find it interesting how the sounds from the seventies super groups have never really been duplicated. In the modern days of studio recording where three guitar rifts can be transformed into an entire song without the band not actually having to record together. I find it mind boggeling how music all sounds the same, and has never risen to the ranks of world wide unity of bringing fans together in a common emotional understanding.

You ever wonder why there are no more bands capable of creating an established movement in the world of music? It is rare to find a band that can bring masses of all different walks of life together these days. I would have to say that the last band to come close to doing this was phish. BAnds struggle to day to sell out venues, to the effect that classic bands did. I know times have changed, but does anyone understand where im going? I know im not the shiniest penny in the pocket and cannot articulate my way through explaining a childrens book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.