Celtic Rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Anyone else out there into this Genre. I have been submerged in the genre for about a year now, and am loving what i hear. It seems as though dropkick murphy's and flogging molly are always playing in my ipod. Anyone else a fan of murphy's or molly? If so what other bands would you recommend in the way f celtic rock?

el barto_1
Waylander, Primordial, Tuatha de Dannan, Cruchan are all awesome(esspecially Tuatha de Danann).

some bands i haven't heard that much from, but sounds good are Geasa and Eluveitie.

Nellinator
I love Dropkick Murphys.

Lyna303
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Anyone else out there into this Genre. I have been submerged in the genre for about a year now, and am loving what i hear. It seems as though dropkick murphy's and flogging molly are always playing in my ipod. Anyone else a fan of murphy's or molly? If so what other bands would you recommend in the way f celtic rock?
Dropkick Murphy's are the ones who sing the theme of the Departed right?

RedAlertv2
Yes

Lighthammer
Dropkick Murphys are the best band. Flogging Molly is good. Mudmen is another good celtic rock band.

Tptmanno1
Saw Dropkicks live.
Was intense. But great though,
I was pushed up against the rail, right in front the whole time.

ragesRemorse
diddnt there orginal singer leave to become a firefighter? thanks for the tip on waylander, el barto

el barto_1
no problem, have you checked out any of the other bands?

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
diddnt there orginal singer leave to become a firefighter? Maybe originally, but he's currently in the Street Dogs

bogen
Flogging molly, the pogs, Christie moore.
All good.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by el barto_1
no problem, have you checked out any of the other bands?

working on it, next pay check is going towards some new tunes

el barto_1
oh, i almost forgot. be careful with Primordial, they are very lightly Celtic inspired and, i think, their three first albums aren't at all.

ragesRemorse
oh, i almost forgot. be careful with Primordial, they are very lightly Celtic inspired and, i think, their three first albums aren't at all.

just got the gathering wilderness from primordial. Instrumentally it sounds original and refreshing at parts. Reminds me a bit of green carnation with the death metal screams. Dont really care for the screaming aspect but really dig the instrumentals. Have you ever listend to green carnation?

I have been hooked on waylander and street dogs though. I like street dogs alot. Very reminscant of dropkick murphy's but more raw, alot like dropkicks earlier stuff

el barto_1
i don't listen much to green carnation. I guess I was never really introduced to them, and they way things are now i don't see my self listening very much to them. I think Green Carnation, Opeth and possibly Dream theater is one of the ways you can evolve when you're done with your first "metal sounds". in my case In Flames, but I now almost exclusively listen to folk and death metal. but these are pretty much nothing but metal stereotypes... guess I am one

ragesRemorse
i don't listen much to green carnation. I guess I was never really introduced to them, and they way things are now i don't see my self listening very much to them. I think Green Carnation, Opeth and possibly Dream theater is one of the ways you can evolve when you're done with your first "metal sounds". in my case In Flames, but I now almost exclusively listen to folk and death metal. but these are pretty much nothing but metal stereotypes... guess I am one

Thats a pretty insightfull inference into the stages of musical prefferences as a metal fan. Most people i have met that enjoy dream theater and carnation seem to be people at the end of the road of their metal lifestyle. In otherwords bangers who grew up. Not sure why i do like Green carnation, I dont usually like bands who's sounds are influenced by what they can achieve with studio's and editing equiptment. Maybe it's the uncertainty in the direction of their instrumentals.

what kind of folk tunes are you into? And dont worry...everything is a stereotype influenced by another stereotyped cliche. Thats what i have learned from being a metal fan.

el barto_1

ragesRemorse

el barto_1
check this out.

IW13yFtuUb8

ragesRemorse
damn, that was on eof the strangest videos i have ever seen. Wasnt sure if i was supposed to laugh or rock out, os i did both lol

That was one of the better and more sucessful combinations of celtic sounds and death metal i have heard

that little midget was awsome

el barto_1
all true. this is awesomeness incarnate.

here's another, but this time I doubt the video is official, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, just listen. But then again the video is pretty ****ing funny..

SxSjtGmmQ9M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.