Spiderman: Reign (Possible Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tjcoady
Alright, so I finally managed to read the fourth and final issue of the mini, Spiderman: Reign. I really enjoyed it, and I was curious to know what other people thought of it.

I had a few criticisms of it: the art is kind of sub-par at points, although the overall texture and feel of the art is really strong, most of the time powerfully reflecting the plot and text (like the earlier despair of Peter Parker, hallucinating about his wife and trying to push away his responsibilities and powers is mirrored by the brutal feel of the art). sometimes, it gets really weak though.

also, the continuing device of the children's rhymes, while it worked some of the time, got a little pretentious.

overall, though, I loved it. a question though.. for anyone who's read it, how does it stack up to The Dark Knight Returns?

NiņoAraņa
theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's a thread for this in the Spider-Man Forum 13

tjcoady

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by tjcoady
thanks so much, I forgot to check there, because I rarely go on the non versus or this forum. it's koolsmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.