Favourite place

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chillmeistergen
What place that you've been to (can be anywhere abroad down the road whatever) is the nicest? For me it is the island of Bali in Indonesia. Just keen to hear people's opinions on places etc.

Soleran
Shendoah Valley, top of Old Rag mountain, it was a 10 mile hike/climb and standing on the very edge looking down and around the forest below certainly had a way of putting a perspective on things!

TRH
Bavaria Germany my homeland

Alpha Centauri
Canada.

-AC

Soleran
Also Masonic Temple in Old Town Alexandria Virginia in the spring at night around 9pm when there is lots of traffic and people moving all around downtown.

You can see all that plus look across the Potomac river and see Washinton DC and lots of the monuments, it's awesome with the warm air and a fresh breeze.

Ok the more I think about it the more I realize I cannot pick a "favorite" place but I have alot of places all over the USA that I love.
Mexico has some spots as well.

Alliance
The Chicago Loop

Robtard
Rome Italy... But I'm biased as I have love for antiquity and a fascination with the ancient Romans and ancient civilizations in general.

I'd love to go to Egypt someday.

C3PS
i forget what it's called.. i think "stone mountain" in north carolina. it has a waterfall at the bottom and the mountain itself is just one giant dome shaped rock.. and when you hike to the top of it, it looks similar to what i'd expect the moon to look like.

soin2cal
I love everywhere that i go!!
However so far it has to be canada as i felt at home theresmile

jaden101
for me its right here

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/gshaw/loch_tay_and_ben_lawers_from_kenmore.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
The Great Rift Valley is incredibly beautiful.

Mr. Bacon
Maine, St Malo France, Nice France, Paris France, Loire Valley France

Dreampanther
Mauritius

Diani Beach - Kenya

Ngorongoro Crater - Tanzania

East Coast of Zanzibar

Knysna and Cape Town - South Africa

soin2cal
where is the great rift valley?

Scenic places are gorgeous but nowhere beats usa or canadastick out tongue
oh maybe carribean too.

Dreampanther
Knysna

Dreampanther
More Knysna

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8261/knysnalargehn5.jpg

Fishy
Five finger rapids, Alaska

Some forest in Finland that I can not remember for the life of me, but god it was beautiful.

Blaxican
East Oakland. And Yosemity.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by C3PS
i forget what it's called.. i think "stone mountain" in north carolina. it has a waterfall at the bottom and the mountain itself is just one giant dome shaped rock.. and when you hike to the top of it, it looks similar to what i'd expect the moon to look like.

Pilot Mountain? Stone Mountain is in GA.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What place that you've been to (can be anywhere abroad down the road whatever) is the nicest? For me it is the island of Bali in Indonesia. Just keen to hear people's opinions on places etc.

There is a tiny private beach I know in southern Spain that looks out on Africa. It is always pretty much empty. I can stare at the Africa all day. It's perfect.

- FO!!

C3PS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Pilot Mountain? Stone Mountain is in GA. i guess there's two? cause i'm talking about this place:

http://www.geol.vt.edu/courses/geol2444/2004/StoneMtn2004B2.html

G U I T A R
Smoky Mountains...it was a peaceful drive throught the mountains and rivers, very beautiful scenery.

doan_m
Los Angeles. On top of the roof of my aunts house under the afternoon sun.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by soin2cal
where is the great rift valley?

Kenya. Well part of it is.

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Kenya. Well part of it is.

Sunny Cali. England, San Diego

Darth_Midal
Rome- italy went for my honeymoon the vatican was awesome !!!!!!

mechmoggy
It's a toss up between: Dubai (awesome) and Tuscany (tranquil) - two very different destinations, but equally cool.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by mechmoggy
It's a toss up between: Dubai (awesome) and Tuscany (tranquil) - two very different destinations, but equally cool.

Yes mate, in to both and loved both

snoochyboochies
Its gotta be my home town London. there's no traffic, very little crime and the people are so friendly!!

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by snoochyboochies
Its gotta be my home town London. there's no traffic, very little crime and the people are so friendly!!

hahahahaha. I do rate London though despite its weaknesses

Eccentric
Originally posted by jaden101
for me its right here

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/gshaw/loch_tay_and_ben_lawers_from_kenmore.jpg

Wow, that is amazing. eek!

mechmoggy
I also enjoyed going to the Grand Canyon - it really makes you realise how insignificant you are when you see something so breath taking like that.

Face
My favourite place is CapeTown South Africa its so cool anyone who travels alot should go there.Another location would be Arcadia Greece the ruins of an ancient empire are reminicent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.