Gun Vs Blaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Dalek
Which is better in your opinion?

Captain REX
I think blaster. It has both the kinetic power of a bullet, and then the searing energy that explodes upon impact.

Very rarely in the movie do we not see someone go down after the first hit.

Black Dalek
I'd prefer bullets. Since the bullet is almost invisible when shot as well it's lightning fast.

Bespin Bart
I think that bullets are the same speed as lasers, if not slower. Bullets actually weigh something, after all. Lasers don't; just like the lightsaber blades, they should be weightless.

Plus, I don't see a bullet getting through stormtrooper armor. Stormies go down on one shot when our heroes blast them.

Tangible God
Blaster.

It's destructive impact is significant, while you also need not worry about bullets. You can hold a lot more ammo with a blaster than a gun.

Blaxican
Bullets. Jedi have a harder time blocking bullets with there lightsabers. And Nick Rotsu has showed us the power of using projectiel weapons...

Nellis Munn
Blaster.

There alot more faster and can have more ammo or even no ammo...

Black Dalek
Originally posted by Nellis Munn
(...)
There alot more faster
(...)

Are you kid-dang?

Count Makashi
Blaster, Force users can easier stop bullets, because they are from metal, and metal stuff are easier to stop then energy, like Obi-Wan against Durge, when he stooped bullets trough Force, easily i may add.

jollyjim311
He also deflected lasers, but, yes, against a Jedi, bullets are easy to stop with the force.

And blasters cause much more damage.

Captain REX
Besides, Jedi are not that common. Other than against a Jedi, bullets are likely not going to be the weapon of choice.

xxxpoppunker182
blasters, they travel the speed of light so they're quicker than bullets, they hold alot more ammo than any clip, and they can be modified easier than guns.

Black Dalek
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
blasters, they travel the speed of light so they're quicker than bullets, they hold alot more ammo than any clip, and they can be modified easier than guns.

Speed of Light? The film shows its the same speed of a slingshot.

terms of speed

Bullet > Blaster.

General Zink
In terms of power, though, lasers seem to win out.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Black Dalek
Speed of Light? The film shows its the same speed of a slingshot.

terms of speed

Bullet > Blaster.

WTF? Maybe you haven't seen the films, they move damn fast, a hell of a lot faster then a "slingshot".

Anyways, a Blaster is superior in every way, its destructive force is superior, its the same if not faster in terms of speed, and you can hold way more ammo per "clip". Everyone has to remember that the "blasters" in Star Wars are not lasers, they are a combination of light and compressed gas.

Tangible God
Blasters are faster than handgun bullets by a long shot, but they definitely aren't the speed of light.

Decay
it depends on the situation. if your trying to assasinate someone a blaster is going to show off your position as well as if your shining a torch around. against a jedi id take a gun too, a bullet is harder to see than a laser. and it depends on the type of gun and the type of blaster. if its on a battlefield id go blaster, if only for the ammo factor. but even then its going to give your position away the second you fire a shot.

a blaster is really only a better choice if your just going to stand there and throw shots at something that knows where you are. you could put a silencer on a blaster, but everyone still going to see exactly wehre it came from.

so it really depends on what its being used for and what type of gun, some handguns have enough power to kill an elephant, so whatever added power a blaster shot has isnt going to really be a factor when you have a handgun that kills pretty much anything it hits. i like blasters, but for alot situations a handgun is probably more practical

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
WTF? Maybe you haven't seen the films, they move damn fast, a hell of a lot faster then a "slingshot".

Anyways, a Blaster is superior in every way, its destructive force is superior, its the same if not faster in terms of speed, and you can hold way more ammo per "clip". Everyone has to remember that the "blasters" in Star Wars are not lasers, they are a combination of light and compressed gas.

I guess you haven't seen the movies because a blaster is a lot slower then a bullet.

exanda kane
Oh wow. What an interesting thread. Some people...

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Decay
it depends on the situation. if your trying to assasinate someone a blaster is going to show off your position as well as if your shining a torch around. against a jedi id take a gun too, a bullet is harder to see than a laser. and it depends on the type of gun and the type of blaster. if its on a battlefield id go blaster, if only for the ammo factor. but even then its going to give your position away the second you fire a shot.

a blaster is really only a better choice if your just going to stand there and throw shots at something that knows where you are. you could put a silencer on a blaster, but everyone still going to see exactly wehre it came from.

so it really depends on what its being used for and what type of gun, some handguns have enough power to kill an elephant, so whatever added power a blaster shot has isnt going to really be a factor when you have a handgun that kills pretty much anything it hits. i like blasters, but for alot situations a handgun is probably more practical

Some good points, but, that handgun would be stopped by kevlar. A blaster pistol would burn through the kevlar, the guy inside, and the other side of the kevlar.

Tangible God
For sheer power, blaster beat out the gun. Which is probably why the SW galaxy uses them instead of metal projectiles.

Captain REX
In regards to bullets not being seen when you use them against Jedi...Jedi have the Force, they can sense it coming. It doesn't matter. stick out tongue

Not to mention the sound of the gunshot, if you're trying to be stealthy about it. If it's loud, anyone can pick it up and find you. If you've got a silencer, I'm sure a Jedi could find a way to find you...

Advent
Originally posted by Captain REX
If you've got a silencer, I'm sure a Jedi could find a way to find you...

Hell, Boba Fett could pinpoint your location from over 300 feet away even if you were to use a silencer. It's not unreasonable to say a Jedi couldn't do the same given their nature.

Tangible God
How often do people in the SW galaxy encounter Jedi? I'd be more concerned how effective blasters are against the average sentient.

exanda kane
I prefer a brick with a rope attached.

Tangible God
Much subtler.

exanda kane
Yes, and based on this argument, its got totally hinged on reality.

Captain REX
Jedi are not a common sight, really. And in that case, I'd go with a blaster anyways. More power in the blast, more ammunition to keep a continuous rate of fire, and there seems to be less kick in blaster rifles than projectile rifles...

Danouo
Blaster, hands down. Taking in the fact that in Battlefront, the sniper weapon is a laser, and that gun shoots almost the speed of light. This shows that lasers can really move as fast as they want, or as fast as the manufacturer chooses. If you look at a laser as a lightsaber without the hilt moving, then it is only limited by whatever makes it move forward (the propulsion). The argument that a Jedi can feel a bullet or blaster coming is completely wrong. Anyone that has been through the KOTOR series can tell you that. Sith Assassins would use melee and blasters to take down Jedi before the Jedi could sense them.

Taking in all this information, Blaster completely outweighs a gun.

jollyjim311
Weak Jedi taken by surprise. They do sense things in combat, though.

Captain REX
That's a tad different, Danouo. Those are Sith, and the Dark Side clouds everything...

The big EH
a blaster can be used in space, while unless it's equal to a massdriver, a gun won't work so well, and blaster bolts are only visable because of their size, while bullets are small and when moving at that speed is next to invisable

LordGrievous
I'll take the slingshot everyone likes so much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.