Odin vs Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
A fully powered Tyrant targets Odin for destruction...will he get it done..or will Odin defeat him?

guy222
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
A fully powered Tyrant targets Odin for destruction...will he get it done..or will Odin defeat him?

Odin knows Infinity. Tyrant and Galactus. Good matches. Odin was said to be ommipotent

bigbran
Originally posted by guy222
Odin knows Infinity. Tyrant and Galactus. Good matches. Odin was said to be ommipotent Odin is basically Infinity...
no expression

guy222
Originally posted by bigbran
Odin is basically Infinity...
no expression

Then what is a Celestial smile

bigbran
Then what is a Celestial smile And the point of knowing people... is?

guy222
Originally posted by bigbran
And the point of knowing people... is?

I know my family. And. Odin is Infinity. Odin met Infinity. I will ask u, in your opinion what is a Celestial

LORDSIDIOUS01
I know my family. And. Odin is Infinity. Odin met Infinity. I will ask u, in your opinion what is a Celestial

Sidious knows Tyrant=Galactus. Odin got his *** kicked by Celestials. Meh

Utrigita
Originally posted by charlemagne9746

Fullpowered Tyrant=Galactus can Odin defeat Galactus at fed powerlevel, no way thats gonna happen.

Larceny
bump

quanchi112
Depowered Tyrant takes Odin so this is overkill.

Larceny
Originally posted by quanchi112
Depowered Tyrant takes Odin so this is overkill.

Nope, Odin ftw. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Larceny
Nope, Odin ftw. smile Against full powered Tyrant. I disagree with it either way but Id like to know which one you were giving Odin the win for here.

Larceny
Against full powered Tyrant. I disagree with it either way but Id like to know which one you were giving Odin the win for here.

Odin's feats > Any Tyrant feats. smile

quanchi112
Odin's feats > Any Tyrant feats. smile Tyrant only had a few appearances but the guy lost to no one and took on Thanos while Odin did as well. Tyrant did better against Thanos and also was defeating Galactus.

Larceny
Tyrant only had a few appearances but the guy lost to no one and took on Thanos while Odin did as well. Tyrant did better against Thanos and also was defeating Galactus.

Tyrant wasn't defeating Galactus, and his fight with Thanos was very similar to Odin's fight with Tyrant. However overall Odin's feats are the superior of he two.

quanchi112
Tyrant wasn't defeating Galactus, and his fight with Thanos was very similar to Odin's fight with Tyrant. However overall Odin's feats are the superior of he two. Galactus was bleeding and was screaming. Tyrant had him on the ropes and countered both of Galactus's attacks.

Tyrant made Thanos leave the battle in a much much shorter time. Thanos took Odins shit for quite a few more pages and looked better of and didnt leave. Meaning Thanos isnt stupid and left when he felt his life was in danger while in the Odin fight he still had a lot of fight left in him.

Larceny
Galactus was bleeding and was screaming. Tyrant had him on the ropes and countered both of Galactus's attacks.

Tyrant made Thanos leave the battle in a much much shorter time. Thanos took Odins shit for quite a few more pages and looked better of and didnt leave. Meaning Thanos isnt stupid and left when he felt his life was in danger while in the Odin fight he still had a lot of fight left in him.

I won't even touch this. I'll let Bran handle this.

Thanos looked good regardless. He got what he wanted and bounced.
When he fought Odin, he did nothing but survive.

Luckily Odin has more feats to choose from than the Thanos fight. Again, Odin's feats are superior to Tyrant's.

quanchi112
I won't even touch this. I'll let Bran handle this.

Thanos looked good regardless. He got what he wanted and bounced.
When he fought Odin, he did nothing but survive.

Luckily Odin has more feats to choose from than the Thanos fight. Again, Odin's feats are superior to Tyrant's. Thanos wouldnt let Odin kill him but sustained himself longer against Odins attacks while Tyrant beat on him less and he had to book.

Thanos also charged right through Odin's attacks and grabbed gungir. I mean even though Odin looked visibly fine Thanos was getting licks in as well.

Larceny
Thanos wouldnt let Odin kill him but sustained himself longer against Odins attacks while Tyrant beat on him less and he had to book.

Thanos also charged right through Odin's attacks and grabbed gungir. I mean even though Odin looked visibly fine Thanos was getting licks in as well.

Tyrant didn't beat Thanos. After Thanos accomplished what he needed to accomplish he bounced. If the fight would have continued Tyrant may have very well killed Thanos, but up until that point Thanos looked good.

Thanos didn't effect Odin in the slightest. However Thanos could barely stand.

But as I said, Odin has more fights than his fight with Thanos.

lando005
at full power or de powered any way you look at it tyrant takes this

Larceny
Originally posted by lando005
at full power or de powered any way you look at it tyrant takes this

Nope. smile

Feats count for everything, and Odin's feats > Tyrants feats.

quanchi112
Nope. smile

Feats count for everything, and Odin's feats > Tyrants feats. Becuz he had more appearances. There is no flaw in Tyrants game. The dude only lost to Galactus and the un.

quanchi112
Tyrant didn't beat Thanos. After Thanos accomplished what he needed to accomplish he bounced. If the fight would have continued Tyrant may have very well killed Thanos, but up until that point Thanos looked good.

Thanos didn't effect Odin in the slightest. However Thanos could barely stand.

But as I said, Odin has more fights than his fight with Thanos. He looked good until his shirt was half blown off. He was just slightly singed against Odin who attacked him for quite a bit longer.

SuperiorTech
He looked good until his shirt was half blown off. He was just slightly singed against Odin who attacked him for quite a bit longer.

Thanos was not just singed against odin he was struggling get up.

Bouboumaster
I go with Tyrant

Larceny
He looked good until his shirt was half blown off. He was just slightly singed against Odin who attacked him for quite a bit longer.

He could barely stand. no expression

BTW, Tyrants dead. Who noticed his death?

lando005
Nope. smile

Feats count for everything, and Odin's feats > Tyrants feats. that's because odin has more apperances so that logic is no good if tyrant would have been around longer sure he would have more feats, thats like saying namor would beat surfer because he has more feats. Feats dont always equate power.

The only good viable base between these 2 is thanos, and by that showing even a depowered tyrant would beat odin

quanchi112
He could barely stand. no expression

BTW, Tyrants dead. Who noticed his death? Oh come on. Odin is more known throughout the universe hell yeah. Tyrant is some badass who had a few showings. Some noticing his passing doesnt mean he gets the win over Tyrant.

Hazsekswthurmom
I got to agree with Larceny, imo dp Tyrant is a low skyfather at best.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
I got to agree with Larceny, imo dp Tyrant is a low skyfather at best. Have you read any Tyrant appearances?

Larceny
Have you read any Tyrant appearances?

Have you read any of Odin's?

Larceny
that's because odin has more apperances so that logic is no good if tyrant would have been around longer sure he would have more feats, thats like saying namor would beat surfer because he has more feats. Feats dont always equate power.

The only good viable base between these 2 is thanos, and by that showing even a depowered tyrant would beat odin

Well thats some piss poor logic. "If he was around longer I'm sure he would have better feats than Odin."

No comparison. Surfer actually has better feats than Namor. The same can't be said for Tyrant in comparison to Odin.

Hazsekswthurmom
Have you read any Tyrant appearances? He only stood up to a bunch heralds, big deal. Hell, pc Superman could probally give Tyrant a good fight.

quanchi112
He only stood up to a bunch heralds, big deal. Hell, pc Superman could probally give Tyrant a good fight. Uhm he beat down heralds which is impressive. He made Thanos exit the fight. He was also hanging with Galactus and was winning.

I guess he has accomplished more than just beating on a few heralds.

quanchi112
Well thats some piss poor logic. "If he was around longer I'm sure he would have better feats than Odin."

No comparison. Surfer actually has better feats than Namor. The same can't be said for Tyrant in comparison to Odin. Surfer has many appearances. Tyrant has what three stories or 4 tops.

Larceny
Uhm he beat down heralds which is impressive. He made Thanos exit the fight. He was also hanging with Galactus and was winning.

I guess he has accomplished more than just beating on a few heralds.

Heralds Odin swats away as if flies.

lando005

No comparison. Surfer actually has better feats than Namor. The same can't be said for Tyrant in comparison to Odin. Of course your down playing him because he doesnt have the same feats as odin when he hasn't even appered in a fraction of as many as odin has and yet you think that's fair to say whos stronger?

The one good showing that people can judged a fair rating of both their power show that tyrant would be odin's better

Larceny
Surfer has many appearances. Tyrant has what three stories or 4 tops.

Yep, and Surfer's showings regardless of appearances dwarf Namor's.

Odin's showings regardless of appearances dwarf Tyrants.

lando005
Heralds Odin swats away as if flies. but not thanos

Hazsekswthurmom
Uhm he beat down heralds which is impressive. He made Thanos exit the fight. He was also hanging with Galactus and was winning.

I guess he has accomplished more than just beating on a few heralds. pg Thor beat down a bunch of heralds aswell, but I don't consider him a skyfather. It's not that impressive really, and that shouldn't make him comparable to Odin. Cause Galaxy busting>>Team bashing. And no, dp Tyrant(that's the one were using right?) doesn't have a chance at defeating Galactus. Unless you think a fp Tyrant is weaker than dp Tyrant. roll eyes (sarcastic) That's kinda why he needed tech to do it....which isn't available in this thread.

quanchi112
Yep, and Surfer's showings regardless of appearances dwarf Namor's.

Odin's showings regardless of appearances dwarf Tyrants. Tyrant has been in a comic I bet less than ten times. He was beating on Galactus. Has Odin ever beat on Galactus?

Larceny
Of course your down playing him because he doesnt have the same feats as odin when he hasn't even appered in a fraction of as many as odin has and yet you think that's fair to say whos stronger?

The one good showing that people can judged a fair rating of both their power show that tyrant would be odin's better

Doesn't matter how many comics he's appeared in, his feats simply pale in comparison to Odin's.

No it doesn't. Both fights went similar, the difference being Thanos accomplished what he needed to accomplish with Tyrant and bounced. He was defeated, he left on his own terms.

lando005
pg Thor beat down a bunch of heralds aswell, but I don't consider him a skyfather. It's not that impressive really, and that shouldn't make him comparable to Odin. Cause Galaxy busting>>Team bashing. And no, dp Tyrant(that's the one were using right?) doesn't have a chance at defeating Galactus. Unless you think a fp Tyrant is weaker than dp Tyrant. roll eyes (sarcastic) That's kinda why he needed tech to do it....which isn't available in this thread. tyrant took on a group fo some of galactus's strongest heralds and other comparably high level cosmics as was only toyin with them and gave the a savage beating. and even in his depowered from he did a much better job of beating down thanos than odin ever did

Larceny
Tyrant has been in a comic I bet less than ten times. He was beating on Galactus. Has Odin ever beat on Galactus?

Has Tyrant ever beat on Surtur, Ymir, Seth, Forsung, Infinity, etc? See the fault in that logic?

BTW, Tyrant LOST to Galactus.

Hazsekswthurmom
You know what never mind, this is fp Tyrant. He can take about 8/10.

quanchi112
Doesn't matter how many comics he's appeared in, his feats simply pale in comparison to Odin's.

No it doesn't. Both fights went similar, the difference being Thanos accomplished what he needed to accomplish with Tyrant and bounced. He was defeated, he left on his own terms. Thanos left the Tyrant fight meaning he lost while in the Odin fight it was a stalemate.

quanchi112
Has Tyrant ever beat on Surtur, Ymir, Seth, Forsung, Infinity, etc? See the fault in that logic?

BTW, Tyrant LOST to Galactus. Galactus would beat on Surtur.

Larceny
Thanos left the Tyrant fight meaning he lost while in the Odin fight it was a stalemate.

Thanos left on his own terms. He came, did what he needed to do, and bounced. Tyrant didn't force him to leave, he left because he chose to do so. When it was all said in done, in a sense, he was the winner.

However in his fight with Odin he could barely stand while Odin's clothes weren't ever tarnished.

Larceny
Galactus would beat on Surtur.

I'm sure he would, similar actually to his fight with Mepheisto. Tyrant however wouldn't be so lucky.

batdude123

BTW, Tyrant LOST to Galactus.

Don't be disingenuous.

It wasn't the ACTUAL Infinity we know of as Eternity/Oblivion/Death's equal that Odin battled.

lando005

No it doesn't. Both fights went similar, the difference being Thanos accomplished what he needed to accomplish with Tyrant and bounced. He was defeated, he left on his own terms. they pale in number alone. the fights were similar in one aspect thanos lost both times. the odin fight thanos did very well in and only became over powered at the end of it, the tyrant fight he was powered up and even with that edge could barely survive against him what's so similar about that? the results are the same but the prefomace was leauges apart

quanchi112
Thanos left on his own terms. He came, did what he needed to do, and bounced. Tyrant didn't force him to leave, he left because he chose to do so. When it was all said in done, in a sense, he was the winner.

However in his fight with Odin he could barely stand while Odin's clothes weren't ever tarnished. He said he probably would die then he left. Odin fought him for a longer period of time and di dless damage to him than Tyrant.

Anyways we have been over this over and over. I respect your opinion so I agree to disagree.

lando005

However in his fight with Odin he could barely stand while Odin's clothes weren't ever tarnished. he did accomplish what he wanted to do yes but another reason why he left that fight was because it was suicide to continue he even stated that, when he fought odin there was no signs of him giving up

thanosw with power up: thinks its suicide to continue fighting opponent A

regular thanos: wants to keep fighting opponent B

so how is opponent b more powerful than a

Larceny
tyrant took on a group fo some of galactus's strongest heralds and other comparably high level cosmics as was only toyin with them and gave the a savage beating. and even in his depowered from he did a much better job of beating down thanos than odin ever did

WM Thor took on Infinity Watch along with Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer and Beta Ray Bill. Meaning he faced Dr. Strange, Moondragon, Maxam, Drax with the PG, Gamora, Pip, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, and Beat Ray Bill. Sure beats the team of Morg, Silver Surfer, Jack of Hearts, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Captain Marvel, and Terrax. However in no way is WM Thor > Tyrant. Because why? Tyrants feats are better.

Larceny
Originally posted by batdude123
Don't be disingenuous.

It wasn't the ACTUAL Infinity we know of as Eternity/Oblivion/Death's equal that Odin battled.

I believe it was retconned that Infinity the aspect of Odin was tapping into Infinity the cosmic when consuming the universe. Unless you mean to say that a simple aspect of Odin was powerful enough to consume the universe?

lando005
WM Thor took on Infinity Watch along with Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer and Beta Ray Bill. Meaning he faced Dr. Strange, Moondragon, Maxam, Drax with the PG, Gamora, Pip, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, and Beat Ray Bill. Sure beats the team of Morg, Silver Surfer, Jack of Hearts, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Captain Marvel, and Terrax. However in no way is WM Thor > Tyrant. Because why? Tyrants feats are better. you want to talk about feats fine since feats mean sooo much to you let's talk about the one that is a direct comparison of their power

Larceny
they pale in number alone. the fights were similar in one aspect thanos lost both times. the odin fight thanos did very well in and only became over powered at the end of it, the tyrant fight he was powered up and even with that edge could barely survive against him what's so similar about that? the results are the same but the prefomace was leauges apart

Thanos didn't lose when he fought Tyrant. They traded blows and Thanos inflicted actual damage. In fact, he did better in the Tyrant fight then he did in the Odin fight.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant17ss.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant24hr.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant35jz.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant43wn.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant52nx.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant67fm.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant78hy.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant83ga.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant99lz.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thanos%20Feats/tyrant107pa.jpg

As you see, at one point they were even stalemating.

He didn't barely survive. He stood up as smug as ever, and left because he had accomplished what he intended to accomplish.

Larceny
you want to talk about feats fine since feats mean sooo much to you let's talk about the one that is a direct comparison of their power

I am. no expression

quanchi112
Thanos didn't lose when he fought Tyrant. They traded blows and Thanos inflicted actual damage. In fact, he did better in the Tyrant fight then he did in the Odin fight.

He didn't barely survive. He stood up as smug as ever, and left because he had accomplished what he intended to accomplish. Thanos left the fight. He siad if he would stay and fight on that Tyrant probably would kill him.

Thanos never acknowledged that Odin would kill Thanos if the kept fighting.

Larceny
He said he probably would die then he left. Odin fought him for a longer period of time and di dless damage to him than Tyrant.

Anyways we have been over this over and over. I respect your opinion so I agree to disagree.

Most of the Thanos Odin fight was talk, others were Thanos getting tossed around. No trading punches and stalemates in power as in the Tyrant/Thanos fight.

Thanos left because as he said. "Further struggle is pointless".

guy222
http://www.picsaway.com/thumbs/thor_v2_041_00fc-7d2327751a.jpg http://www.picsaway.com/thumbs/thor_v2_041_17-1f502eaab5.jpg

quanchi112
Most of the Thanos Odin fight was talk, others were Thanos getting tossed around. No trading punches and stalemates in power as in the Tyrant/Thanos fight.

Thanos left because as he said. "Further struggle is pointless". Yes becuz he did get what he obtained but he also pretty much agreed that Tyrant could kill him if he stayed. He proved he could withstand a Tyrant assault but not that he could kill him.

Maybe after his last amp but not here.

Larceny
Thanos left the fight. He siad if he would stay and fight on that Tyrant probably would kill him.

Thanos never acknowledged that Odin would kill Thanos if the kept fighting.

Before he left what happened? They traded blows, Thanos inflicted damage, Thanos obtained what he sought. He was never defeated, and he surely wasn't dominated.

After the stalemate in power what was said?

"You yet live. A situation I will presently correct."

"Given the chance I'm sure you would."

quanchi112
http://www.picsaway.com/thumbs/thor_v2_041_00fc-7d2327751a.jpg http://www.picsaway.com/thumbs/thor_v2_041_17-1f502eaab5.jpg Hey buddy how are you....Im all caught up on countdown now...yippee

quanchi112
Before he left what happened? They traded blows, Thanos inflicted damage, Thanos obtained what he sought. He was never defeated, and he surely wasn't dominated.

After the stalemate in power what was said?

"You yet live. A situation I will presently correct."

"Given the chance I'm sure you would." Uhm Thanos was losing and he decided to leave. In the Odin fight Thanos wasnt defeated and he decided to stay. Thanos also withstood Odins attacks for a longer period of time.

Larceny
Yes becuz he did get what he obtained but he also pretty much agreed that Tyrant could kill him if he stayed. He proved he could withstand a Tyrant assault but not that he could kill him.

Maybe after his last amp but not here.

Given the chance I'm sure Tyrant would kill him. Just as any other character whom was given the chance would.

He withstood Tyrants assault, traded punches wit Tyrant, accomplished what he sought, and bounced. Who was the winner?

Larceny
Uhm Thanos was losing and he decided to leave. In the Odin fight Thanos wasnt defeated and he decided to stay. Thanos also withstood Odins attacks for a longer period of time.

At what point was he losing, all Tyrant managed to do was blow Thanos clothes off?

He was defeated, and could barely stand. In the Tyrant fight, he stood up just fine after there stalemate and bounced because he saw no reason to continue the struggle. Not because he was losing.

guy222
Hey buddy how are you....Im all caught up on countdown now...yippee

Doin good. Watchin the game

Countdown is good. Mxy got humbled

Happy Thanksgiving

quanchi112
At what point was he losing, all Tyrant managed to do was blow Thanos clothes off?

He was defeated, and could barely stand. In the Tyrant fight, he stood up just fine after there stalemate and bounced because he saw no reason to continue the struggle. Not because he was losing. Why would Thanos leave if he was winning...... I have never seen Thanos leave a fight he could have won....He went after Tyrant becuz of how powerful he was. Thanos shit was blown off when Tyrant got pissed.

lando005

He didn't barely survive. He stood up as smug as ever, and left because he had accomplished what he intended to accomplish. thanos got a few smacks in but look what he was holding. Show me one scan of thanos fighting with tyrant without him having to use additional power, and even with it he got smacked around a lot more than anything odin ever did to him. Imagine how quickly the fight would have been without that little power up he got.

quanchi112
Doin good. Watchin the game

Countdown is good. Mxy got humbled

Happy Thanksgiving Some of mxys lines actually had me laughing my ass off. When he siad the only thing he would give him is the finger if he hadnt broken them all. I dont kno wbut when I was reading it mxy was actually cracking me up.

Larceny
Why would Thanos leave if he was winning...... I have never seen Thanos leave a fight he could have won....He went after Tyrant becuz of how powerful he was. Thanos shit was blown off when Tyrant got pissed.

Because as he said, he accomplished what he went to accomplish. There was no point in further struggle. What would it prove?

Thanos normally doges unnecessary conflicts.

His clothes were blown off, however he still stood and stalemated Tyrant in power.

Larceny
thanos got a few smacks in but look what he was holding. Show me one scan of thanos fighting with tyrant without him having to use additional power, and even with it he got smacked around a lot more than anything odin ever did to him. Imagine how quickly the fight would have been without that little power up he got.

A few more than he did with Odin.

Thanos didn't get smacked around, well at least as much as Tyrant was being smacked around. When fighting Odin he was being sent through Asgard and could barley stand afterwards.

quanchi112
Because as he said, he accomplished what he went to accomplish. There was no point in further struggle. What would it prove?

His clothes were blown off, however he still stood and stalemated Tyrant in power. But wasnt the whole point of Thanos part in this story him challenging Tyrant. He wanted to fight Tyrant, its not like it just all of a sudden happened. Anyways Im out for the night. Thanos still had a powerful orb in this fight to. But anyways later all.

lando005

His clothes were blown off, however he still stood and stalemated Tyrant in power. from an objective stand point you are correct thanos accomplished his mission in that sense he was the winner but as far as the acctual fight goes he clearly was the loser. Also keep in mind part of his objective was to test his power against tyrant but he didnt fight tyrant under his own power and was still beaten more decicively than with odin

Larceny
But wasnt the whole point of Thanos part in this story him challenging Tyrant. He wanted to fight Tyrant, its not like it just all of a sudden happened. Anyways Im out for the night. Thanos still had a powerful orb in this fight to. But anyways later all.

Know, he deceived his supposed comrades as he always does to attend to his own agenda. He learned of Tyrants origin using Tyrants computers, and hen grabbed the power orb.

batdude123
I believe it was retconned that Infinity the aspect of Odin was tapping into Infinity the cosmic when consuming the universe. Unless you mean to say that a simple aspect of Odin was powerful enough to consume the universe?

Odin fighting his darker self, no matter what it did in that fight, is not the same thing as actually fighting Infinity itself.

Context was all I asked you specify.

Larceny
from an objective stand point you are correct thanos accomplished his mission in that sense he was the winner but as far as the acctual fight goes he clearly was the loser. Also keep in mind part of his objective was to test his power against tyrant but he didnt fight tyrant under his own power and was still beaten more decicively than with odin

No he wasn't. They traded blows, they stalemated, Thanos left. He was never losing, and unless you can point to a page where Tyrant actually had the upper hand then I'll stand by my assessment.

He wasn't beaten at all. You keep saying this but at no point in the fight can you point to an instance where Tyrant had the upper hand.

lando005
A few more than he did with Odin.

Thanos didn't get smacked around, well at least as much as Tyrant was being smacked around. When fighting Odin he was being sent through Asgard and could barley stand afterwards. a few more effective shots than he did with odin maybe, however odint wasnt beating thanos back and forth across asgard like you think there was at most one shot like that and that was when thanos walked right through odin's attack to grab onto gunguir while with his fight with tyrant he got a few hits in and tyrant proceeded to mop the floor with him

Larceny
Odin fighting his darker self, no matter what it did in that fight, is not the same thing as actually fighting Infinity itself.

Context was all I asked you specify.

confused

batdude123
confused

You implied he fought Infinity as the abstract entity itself. I merely stated he didn't.

Larceny
a few more effective shots than he did with odin maybe, however odint wasnt beating thanos back and forth across asgard like you think there was at most one shot like that and that was when thanos walked right through odin's attack to grab onto gunguir while with his fight with tyrant he got a few hits in and tyrant proceeded to mop the floor with him

Yes, because he had no effective shots with Odin.

What happened after Thanos grabbed Gungnir? He was sent flying through Asgard again correct?

Tyrant hit Thanos, Thanos hit Tyrant. Rinse, and repeat up until the stalemate and thats how their fight went.

Larceny
You implied he fought Infinity as the abstract entity itself. I merely stated he didn't.

No I didn't. I said he fought Infinity, which he did. Nowhere did I imply that he fought the Abstract Infinity.

lando005
No he wasn't. They traded blows, they stalemated, Thanos left. He was never losing, and unless you can point to a page where Tyrant actually had the upper hand then I'll stand by my assessment.

He wasn't beaten at all. You keep saying this but at no point in the fight can you point to an instance where Tyrant had the upper hand. your right there was no one point where tyrant had the upper hand because he had it throught the whole fight. Yea thanos fought back but it was a loosing fight and he bailed out as soon as he completed what he wanted to do

Larceny
your right there was no one point where tyrant had the upper hand because he had it throught the whole fight. Yea thanos fought back but it was a loosing fight and he bailed out as soon as he completed what he wanted to do

That didn't make sense.

Nice way to cop out. Just say there wasn't an instance and quit the stubbornness. We all take an L every now and then. Some more than others.

batdude123
No I didn't. I said he fought Infinity, which he did. Nowhere did I imply that he fought the Abstract Infinity.

"Infinity" to the outside/ignorant poster may look suspect.

It'd be the same thing as you saying Thor sucked the life energy out of the Presence w/o specifying that it wasn't DC's God.

No biggie, really. Just wanted to point that out.

lando005
Yes, because he had no effective shots with Odin.

What happened after Thanos grabbed Gungnir? He was sent flying through Asgard again correct?

Tyrant hit Thanos, Thanos hit Tyrant. Rinse, and repeat up until the stalemate and thats how their fight went. the only time it even look like odin effected thanos was after he grabbed gungnir and they both went flying it wasnt like he blasted him off. And i didnt see thanos walking though anything tyrant sent at him.

it was more like tyrant hits thanos thanos hits tyrant tyrant hits thanos 3 more times then thanos gets 1 shot in , repeat

lando005
That didn't make sense.

Nice way to cop out. Just say there wasn't an instance and quit the stubbornness. We all take an L every now and then. Some more than others. i'm not coping out tyrant owned that fight he sent thanos flying way more than odin ever did and thanos was powered up during that fight.

that should be a clear difference right there the man had a poower boost and couldnt do any better against tyrant than he did against odin if he would have fought that fight under his own power he would have died no questions asked. If he would have fought odin with that power up he would have stalemated or beaten odin that's what the results of that fight show clear as day

Larceny
"Infinity" to the outside/ignorant poster may look suspect.

It'd be the same thing as you saying Thor sucked the life energy out of the Presence w/o specifying that it wasn't DC's God.

No biggie, really. Just wanted to point that out.

Ok. thumb up

Larceny
the only time it even look like odin effected thanos was after he grabbed gungnir and they both went flying it wasnt like he blasted him off. And i didnt see thanos walking though anything tyrant sent at him.

it was more like tyrant hits thanos thanos hits tyrant tyrant hits thanos 3 more times then thanos gets 1 shot in , repeat

Nope. Surfer and Thanos were attacking Odin simultaneously. Odin easily one shotts Surfer and backhands Thanos. Thanos gets knocked off balance. He recovers and blast Odin to no ill effect. Thanos then gets some astroids dropped on him. He tries to imprison Odin in a shield. Odin knocks it away as if it were a fly. Odin then knocks Thanos all the way to Asgard with a blast. Thanos gets up and grabs Gungnir. He then gets knocked back into Asgard. Odin then ask Thanos if he yields. Thanos, struggling to stand says no.

Thanos blast Tyrant. Tyrant lifts Thanos and tosses him. Thanos grabs the power orb and blast Tyrant. Thanos punches Tyrant. Tyrant blast Thanos. Tyrant blast Thanos clothes off. They met and stalemate in power which causes a massive explosion. Thanos claiming he's accomplished what he intended to accomplish leaves.

Now where was the owning at in that second fight?

lando005
Nope. Surfer and Thanos were attacking Odin simultaneously. Odin easily one shotts Surfer and backhands Thanos. Thanos gets knocked off balance. He recovers and blast Odin to no ill effect. Thanos then gets some astroids dropped on him. He tries to imprison Odin in a shield. Odin knocks it away as if it were a fly. Odin then knocks Thanos all the way to Asgard with a blast. Thanos gets up and grabs Gungnir. He then gets knocked back into Asgard. Odin then ask Thanos if he yields. Thanos, struggling to stand says no.

Thanos blast Tyrant. Tyrant lifts Thanos and tosses him. Thanos grabs the power orb and blast Tyrant. Thanos punches Tyrant. Tyrant blast Thanos. Tyrant blast Thanos clothes off. They met and stalemate in power which causes a massive explosion. Thanos claiming he's accomplished what he intended to accomplish leaves.

Now where was the owning at in that second fight? where was the owning in the first fight aside from the end thanos wasnt badly hurt until the end and even at that half rate conclusion he still wanted to fight and odind didnt go throught that fight as easy as you claimed or do you think he toned dow the power of his blast so thanos could walk though it and grab him?

as for the second fight tyrant sent thanos flyingand was almost continuously driving thanos back, he would not have stand a chance without that power up. If tyrant and odin were as close as you think then thanos with the power up would have faired much better and would have had a decent chance of winning, it was very clear that that was not the case. your major oversite is that thanos was powered up during that fight as was getting no better results as he did with odin , by all logical means he should have preformed much better if tyrant was as weak as you claim

Larceny
where was the owning in the first fight aside from the end thanos wasnt badly hurt until the end and even at that half rate conclusion he still wanted to fight and odind didnt go throught that fight as easy as you claimed or do you think he toned dow the power of his blast so thanos could walk though it and grab him?

as for the second fight tyrant sent thanos flyingand was almost continuously driving thanos back, he would not have stand a chance without that power up. If tyrant and odin were as close as you think then thanos with the power up would have faired much better and would have had a decent chance of winning, it was very clear that that was not the case. your major oversite is that thanos was powered up during that fight as was getting no better results as he did with odin , by all logical means he should have preformed much better if tyrant was as weak as you claim

I already gave you the play by play. Thanos was ineffective in his fight with Odin and could barely stand when asked if he yielded.

He traded blows with Tyrant, and even managed to briefly stalemate him. He accomplished what he went to accomplish and bounced. He didn't lose.

lando005
I already gave you the play by play. Thanos was ineffective in his fight with Odin and could barely stand when asked if he yielded.

He traded blows with Tyrant, and even managed to briefly stalemate him. He accomplished what he went to accomplish and bounced. He didn't lose. thanos was doing alright agaisnt odin for a good portion of the fight he took all the shots odin gave him in stride and even walked thought one of his more focused attacks, and since thanos wasnt out to defeat odin i guess he won that fight too right

thanos accomplished his objectives with tyrant which was testing his power and stealing the orb, and he noted that even with the additional power tyrant would kill him if he fought any longer

Larceny
thanos was doing alright agaisnt odin for a good portion of the fight he took all the shots odin gave him in stride and even walked thought one of his more focused attacks, and since thanos wasnt out to defeat odin i guess he won that fight too right

thanos accomplished his objectives with tyrant which was testing his power and stealing the orb, and he noted that even with the additional power tyrant would kill him if he fought any longer

He wasn't doing alright. I just gave you the entire play by play, and your still going to keep sitting here and saying he was doing good? He got one blast that wasn't effective and was tossed around the rest of the fight.

And did fairly well.

"Given the opportunity I'm sure you would". Could the same not be said for any character with sufficient power?

lando005
He wasn't doing alright. I just gave you the entire play by play, and your still going to keep sitting here and saying he was doing good? He got one blast that wasn't effective and was tossed around the rest of the fight.

And did fairly well.

"Given the opportunity I'm sure you would". Could the same not be said for any character with sufficient power? i dont need your play by play i saw the fight and yes he did do good he wasn't getting knocked around like a pin ball like your trying to make it sound.

and yes he did admit it was suicide to continue, its what he implied, it's stated in every single recap, and just about anyone who read the comic states that as their view of the outcome of the fight. So the general concesus of both marvel and everyone who read the fight is wrong right?

Larceny
i dont need your play by play i saw the fight and yes he did do good he wasn't getting knocked around like a pin ball like your trying to make it sound.

and yes he did admit it was suicide to continue, its what he implied, it's stated in every single recap, and just about anyone who read the comic states that as their view of the outcome of the fight. So the general concesus of both marvel and everyone who read the fight is wrong right?

Every thing I said in the play by play happened. getting thrown through Asgard twice, asteroids dropped on him, back handed, etc. All led to him barely able to stand.

He didn't lose the fight, period. Neither ever had the upper hand, they stalemated, and Thanos left.

lando005
Every thing I said in the play by play happened. getting thrown through Asgard twice, asteroids dropped on him, back handed, etc. All led to him barely able to stand.

He didn't lose the fight, period. Neither ever had the upper hand, they stalemated, and Thanos left. thanos went down in the end of the odin fight but he did put up a damn good fight and odin could not easily subdue him. Tyrant was beating on thanos and the and the attack ratio of tha fight was atleast 2:1 in tyrants favor there was no way for thanos to win aganst tyrant if the fight continued so he left as soon as the mission was done and not a minute later.

if odin couldnt handle thanos with ease how is he going to handle tyrant
where thanos's performance in that fight with a power boost looked worse than he did against odin

Larceny
thanos went down in the end of the odin fight but he did put up a damn good fight and odin could not easily subdue him. Tyrant was beating on thanos and the and the attack ratio of tha fight was atleast 2:1 in tyrants favor there was no way for thanos to win aganst tyrant if the fight continued so he left as soon as the mission was done and not a minute later.

if odin couldnt handle thanos with ease how is he going to handle tyrant
where thanos's performance in that fight with a power boost looked worse than he did against odin

Will you quit already? Your making yourself look foolish. Thanos couldn't even land a decent blow but he did damned good? Get that shit outta here.

Again with the nonsense. Stop with the twisting and lying. Tyrant never beat on Thanos and you know it.

It wasn't no damn 2:1 ratio. They both hit each other three times including punches and tosses, and not including the stalemate. Odin hit Thanos 5 times rendering him nearly unable to stand, and Thanos hit Odin once to no ill effect. Go count for yourself.

Shuddup.

batdude123
Will you quit already? Your making yourself look foolish. Thanos couldn't even land a decent blow but he did damned good? Get that shit outta here.

Again with the nonsense. Stop with the twisting and lying. Tyrant never beat on Thanos and you know it.

It wasn't no damn 2:1 ratio. They both hit each other three times including punches and tosses, and not including the stalemate. Odin hit Thanos 5 times rendering him nearly unable to stand, and Thanos hit Odin once to no ill effect. Go count for yourself.

Shuddup.

laughing out loud

Larceny
laughing out loud

What? mad

batdude123
What? mad

Mainly this part:

Shuddup.

Larceny
Mainly this part:

Oh. embarrasment

Utrigita
IMO A Full Powered Tyrant defeats Odin.

Xplosive

Shuddup.

Thanos had the power orb against DP Tyrant.

Anyway, this is FP Tyrant.

FP Tyrant takes this.

Terryc250
Nope. smile

Feats count for everything, and Odin's feats > Tyrants feats.

Feats does not = Stronger, who has a bigger list of feats, Thor or TOAA? Thor does.. so that must mean hes stronger? NO

Tyrant is comparable to Galactus, Odin isnt

Thanos stood pretty well against Odin, Thanos got a beatdown by DEPOWERED Tyrant, yet this thread is comparing full powered Tyrant to Odin? Tyrant wins in a stomp

Larceny
Originally posted by Terryc250
Feats does not = Stronger, who has a bigger list of feats, Thor or TOAA? Thor does.. so that must mean hes stronger? NO

Tyrant is comparable to Galactus, Odin isnt

Thanos stood pretty well against Odin, Thanos got a beatdown by DEPOWERED Tyrant, yet this thread is comparing full powered Tyrant to Odin? Tyrant wins in a stomp

Your right, but superior feats typically equates to superior character. I guess what you people are missing is that Odin's feats are simply deeper and better than any Tyrant, full powered or depowered.

Which is totally debatable. What isn't is the fact that Odin has the deeper more impressive feats.

Here we go again with this bullshit "Thanos did good against Odin argument". Do I need to spell it out for you as well?

Thanos and Tyrant both hit each other three times including punches and tosses, and not including the stalemate that caused the massive explosion. THIS DOES NOT EQUAL A BEATDOWN.

Odin hit Thanos 5 times rendering him nearly unable to stand, and Thanos hit Odin once to no ill effect. THIS EQUALS A BEATDOWN.

Odin wins.

Sundipped
Thanos and Tyrant both hit each other three times including punches and tosses, and not including the stalemate that caused the massive explosion. THIS DOES NOT EQUAL A BEATDOWN.

Odin hit Thanos 5 times rendering him nearly unable to stand, and Thanos hit Odin once to no ill effect. THIS EQUALS A BEATDOWN.

Odin wins.

Not quite.
Everything Thanos did to Tyrant involved that power orb and Tyrant still shrugged it off. The first hit did nothing so Thanos really only got 2 hits. Every hit Tyrant got put Thanos in a world of hurt.

Note: Thanos admitted Tyrant could kill him (w/powerup) but still wanted to fight Odin. Now if anyone can guage power levels after battling them then it's him.

Tyrant depowered or full powered will trash Odin.

lando005

Shuddup. the only one who sees it your way is you that should say something right there, but i am not going to debate this with you not today anyway it's thanks giving so i'm just gonna say happy thanks giving and anyone in the fl area is welcome to stop by for a turkey dinner

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
Not quite.
Everything Thanos did to Tyrant involved that power orb and Tyrant still shrugged it off. The first hit did nothing so Thanos really only got 2 hits. Every hit Tyrant got put Thanos in a world of hurt.

Note: Thanos admitted Tyrant could kill him (w/powerup) but still wanted to fight Odin. Now if anyone can guage power levels after battling them then it's him.

Tyrant depowered or full powered will trash Odin. I think Odin vs Tyrant would be a great battle to see but I agree that Tyrant would win. Thanos did admit that Tyrant could probably kill him if he stuck around. The fight was also shorter and Thanos looked in worse shape in a shorter time. I dont know how anyone can argue that. Thanos also had a weapon and also mentally prepared himself to take on Tyrant. Against Odin it just kind of happened. It wasnt like Thanos came to Asgard to challenge him.

Tyrant is one bad motherfuc---!

I would have liked to see Thanos after the end storyline take on Tyrant or Odin again. Thanos is his own series after that story was doing some crazy powerful shit.

Shit now arent all three of these badasses currently dead. Dammit marvel.

Larceny
the only one who sees it your way is you that should say something right there, but i am not going to debate this with you not today anyway it's thanks giving so i'm just gonna say happy thanks giving and anyone in the fl area is welcome to stop by for a turkey dinner

Majority doesn't equate to correctness.

You choose not to debate it simply because you can't debate it. You've been stretching the truth throughout the entire thread and you've been called on it. You now choose to run, thats fine.

Larceny
Originally posted by Sundipped
Not quite.

Tyrant depowered or full powered will trash Odin.

Yet the fact remains that Thanos stalemated Tyrant. It's also a fact that Thanos lost to Odin. I see no reason why people keep arguing the point.

"Given the chance I'm sure you would", is a lot different then Tyrant you'd kill me. I'm so tired of you all stretching the truth.

Nope, Odin > Tyrant. Simply deeper and more impressive feats.

quanchi112
Yet the fact remains that Thanos stalemated Tyrant. It's also a fact that Thanos lost to Odin. I see no reason why people keep arguing the point.

"Given the chance I'm sure you would", is a lot different then Tyrant you'd kill me. I'm so tired of you all stretching the truth.

Nope, Odin > Tyrant. Simply deeper and more impressive feats. You are way off here. Thanos stalemated Odin. No one left the fight and no one backed down. Odin was winning but Thanos didnt exit or back down. Thanos left the Tyrant fight meaning he lost. How can you stalemate when you leave. How? Thanos left and had an orb with him that was used as a weapon.

Mr. Slippyfist
Yet the fact remains that Thanos stalemated Tyrant. Must be why he was buried under rubble while Tyrant was standing tall looking for him.

Thanos only went after Tyrant because he wanted a worthy challenge. He found one, and also thought he got Tyrant mad because he stole his power orb.

Thanos found his worthy challenge, so in a sense, he won. However, in actual powers, it wasn't a stalemate.

lando005
Majority doesn't equate to correctness.

You choose not to debate it simply because you can't debate it. You've been stretching the truth throughout the entire thread and you've been called on it. You now choose to run, thats fine. i'm not running anywhere or streching anything, you just refuse to accept the fact because odin would turn out weaker than you thought we've done everything short of a side by side comparison of the fight thanos was out preformed only after an extended amount of time against odin, thanos with a power up was barely holding out against tyrant, that's just the truth and fact of the matter.

Larceny
You are way off here. Thanos stalemated Odin. No one left the fight and no one backed down. Odin was winning but Thanos didnt exit or back down. Thanos left the Tyrant fight meaning he lost. How can you stalemate when you leave. How? Thanos left and had an orb with him that was used as a weapon.

Look Quan. I guess I have to spell it out for you as well.

Thanos and Tyrant both hit each other three times including punches and tosses, and not including the stalemate that caused the massive explosion. After the explosion hanos left because he saw no point in further struggle. THIS DOES NOT EQUAL A BEATDOWN. You cannot argue against this.

Odin hit Thanos 5 times rendering him nearly unable to stand, and Thanos hit Odin once to no ill effect. THIS EQUALS A BEATDOWN. You cannot argue against this.

You need the play by play as well?

Larceny
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Must be why he was buried under rubble while Tyrant was standing tall looking for him.

Thanos only went after Tyrant because he wanted a worthy challenge. He found one, and also thought he got Tyrant mad because he stole his power orb.

Thanos found his worthy challenge, so in a sense, he won. However, in actual powers, it wasn't a stalemate.

Bran answer me this. Was the fight as lopsided as some have claimed? Did they not hit each other a equal amount of times? Did Thanos appear as if he could continue?

Larceny
i'm not running anywhere or streching anything, you just refuse to accept the fact because odin would turn out weaker than you thought we've done everything short of a side by side comparison of the fight thanos was out preformed only after an extended amount of time against odin, thanos with a power up was barely holding out against tyrant, that's just the truth and fact of the matter.

No, I did the side by side comparison. In the Tyrant/Thanos fight they traded an equal amount of blows, splitting three each. In the Odin/Thanos, Odin hit Thanos five times to Thanos ineffective one.

Other than that single fight Odin feats are simply the more impressive of the two.

quanchi112
Look Quan. I guess I have to spell it out for you as well.

Thanos and Tyrant both hit each other three times including punches and tosses, and not including the stalemate that caused the massive explosion. After the explosion hanos left because he saw no point in further struggle. THIS DOES NOT EQUAL A BEATDOWN. You cannot argue against this.

Odin hit Thanos 5 times rendering him nearly unable to stand, and Thanos hit Odin once to no ill effect. THIS EQUALS A BEATDOWN. You cannot argue against this.

You need the play by play as well? Larceny I dont why you keep arguing about this. I mean we have all seen both fights. Tyrant chased Thanos off and he had a weapon. He chased him off quicker. Thanos could withstand Tyrants attakcs but for much longer we dont know. Thanos withstood Odins attacks for a longer period of time and he clothes were still intact. Thanos had no weapon either but I saw Odin pull one out.

Tyrant>Odin.

Mr. Slippyfist
Bran answer me this. Was the fight as lopsided as some have claimed? Did they not hit each other a equal amount of times? Did Thanos appear as if he could continue? No. But the fight was also short.

What does hitting someone an equal amount of times prove?
Tyrant's blows were affecting Thanos more than say... Odin pre-Gungir's were.

Of course. However, you said it yourself, Odin hit Thanos more.

Thanos also had a power-up in the Tyrant fight. And it wasn't exactly a stalemate.
Thanos also prepared for the Tyrant fight, and the Odin one was spur of the moment. smile

lando005
No, I did the side by side comparison. In the Tyrant/Thanos fight they traded an equal amount of blows, splitting three each. In the Odin/Thanos, Odin hit Thanos five times to Thanos ineffective one.

Other than that single fight Odin feats are simply the more impressive of the two. they hit each other an equal amount of times but who took more damage?

Larceny
Larceny I dont why you keep arguing about this. I mean we have all seen both fights. Tyrant chased Thanos off and he had a weapon. He chased him off quicker. Thanos could withstand Tyrants attakcs but for much longer we dont know. Thanos withstood Odins attacks for a longer period of time and he clothes were still intact. Thanos had no weapon either but I saw Odin pull one out.

Tyrant>Odin.

Um, because by forum standards I'm right and other than the Tyrant/Thanos fight you have no argument.

Again you dodge my argument and twist the fight to benefit your argument, so I'll ask you directly.

How many times did Tyrant hit Thanos?

How many times did Thanos hit Tyrant.

How many times did Odin hit Thanos?

How many times did Thanos his Odin.

Who's feats are superior?

Answer all honestly, because I have the answers.

lando005
because their fights againts thanos is the best base for comparison

quanchi112
No. But the fight was also short.

Thanos also had a power-up in the Tyrant fight. And it wasn't exactly a stalemate.
Thanos also prepared for the Tyrant fight, and the Odin one was spur of the moment. smile thumb up

Larceny
No. But the fight was also short.

Thanos also prepared for the Tyrant fight, and the Odin one was spur of the moment. smile

As was the Thanos Odin fight. All in all the number of blows dealt were equal.

It proves that the fight wasn't complete domination as some would have us believe.

Odin did noting but drop asteroids on Thanos, knock his shield away, and backhand him pre-Gungnir. Not as if Gungnir enhances Odin's abilities in any way as is.

It wasn't exactly domination either, and it was closer than the Odin/Thanos fight.

Well you can't argue against that. smile

quanchi112
Um, because by forum standards I'm right and other than the Tyrant/Thanos fight you have no argument.

Again you dodge my argument and twist the fight to benefit your argument, so I'll ask you directly.

How many times did Tyrant hit Thanos?

How many times did Thanos hit Tyrant.

How many times did Odin hit Thanos?

How many times did Thanos his Odin.

Who's feats are superior?

Answer all honestly, because I have the answers. Tyrant hit him less and affected him more. Thanos had a weapon with him as well. He hit him with the orb. Thanos took more of Odins hits and didnt budge. He stayed where he was and had nothing to gain. Odin was being a douche.

Larceny
because their fights againts thanos is the best base for comparison

So you ignore all other feats and focus on a single instance which has been greatly exaggerated?

Larceny
Tyrant hit him less and affected him more. Thanos had a weapon with him as well. He hit him with the orb. Thanos took more of Odins hits and didnt budge. He stayed where he was and had nothing to gain. Odin was being a douche.

How'd he effect him more? Thanos could barely stand after the few times he was attacked by Odin. He got up perfectly fine at the end of the Tyrant fight.

He didn't budge? So being sent flying through Asgard was what? laughing

You dodges my questions Quan. smile

Mr. Slippyfist
As was the Thanos Odin fight. All in all the number of blows dealt were equal.

It proves that the fight wasn't complete domination as some would have us believe.

Odin did noting but drop asteroids on Thanos, knock his shield away, and backhand him pre-Gungnir. Not as if Gungnir enhances Odin's abilities in any way as is.

It wasn't exactly domination either, and it was closer than the Odin/Thanos fight.

Well you can't argue against that. smile That's nice.
So if Quicksilver hits someone twenty more times than the opponent, that means it was a domination? Plus, you also have to take into account that one might have tried to strike more than the other, etc.
In the end, comparing the amount of times they hit each other is pointless, unless you're saying that in three shots Odin did less damage than Tyrant. smile
Also, by my count, the Tyrant/Thanos fight was 8 pages.
The Odin one was 12 not counting Surfer getting beat.

He also blasted him twice. smile
In the fight, it would seem Gungir did way more than his blasts.

Sure. smile

OK. smile

quanchi112
How'd he effect him more? Thanos could barely stand after the few times he was attacked by Odin. He got up perfectly fine at the end of the Tyrant fight.

He didn't budge? So being sent flying through Asgard was what? laughing

You dodges my questions Quan. smile Ok he got up but then left. Thanos was smart enough to know when to get out. Tyrant can hang with Galactus while Thanos cant. Odin sent him flying and hit him a lot more than Tyrant did. Thanos didnt have a weapon while Odin decided to pull one out. Again look at Thanos clothes and tell me in which fight were the more damaged.

Larceny
That's nice.
So if Quicksilver hits someone twenty more times than the opponent, that means it was a domination? Plus, you also have to take into account that one might have tried to strike more than the other, etc.
In the end, comparing the amount of times they hit each other is pointless, unless you're saying that in three shots Odin did less damage than Tyrant. smile
Also, by my count, the Tyrant/Thanos fight was 8 pages.
The Odin one was 12 not counting Surfer getting beat.

He also blasted him twice. smile
In the fight, it would seem Gungir did way more than his blasts.

Sure. smile

OK. smile

Not comparable. Quicksilver has super speed.

Gungnir has no point but to focus Odin's blast. Not that it matters as Gungnir is avaible to Odin at any time and can be used in a fight against Tyrant.

Lot more talking in the Odin/Thanos fight. Equal number of blows were still dealt.

quanchi112

Gungnir has no point but to focus Odin's blast. Not that it matters as Gungnir is avaible to Odin at any time and can be used in a fight against Tyrant.

Lot more talking in the Odin/Thanos fight. Equal number of blows were still dealt. Did you think Tyrant was really beat up at the end of their fight?

Larceny
Ok he got up but then left. Thanos was smart enough to know when to get out. Tyrant can hang with Galactus while Thanos cant. Odin sent him flying and hit him a lot more than Tyrant did. Thanos didnt have a weapon while Odin decided to pull one out. Again look at Thanos clothes and tell me in which fight were the more damaged.

No because he was forced to live, but because he choose to. He had accomplished what he sought to accomplish. There was no need o continue the struggle.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with Odin. Odin's feats > Tyrant's feats.

A weapon thats only purpose is to focus his attacks. In no way does it enhance his abilities.

Are you serious?

Larceny
Did you think Tyrant was really beat up at the end of their fight?

Nope, but nor was Odin. In fact, Odin took less damage than Tyrant. smile

quanchi112
No because he was forced to live, but because he choose to. He had accomplished what he sought to accomplish. There was no need o continue the struggle.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with Odin. Odin's feats > Tyrant's feats.

A weapon thats only purpose is to focus his attacks. In no way does it enhance his abilities.

Are you serious? Tyrant hit him a few times and made Thanos leave. So it took fewer attacks to make Thanos leave. He was prepared for Tyrant and he wasnt prepared for Odin. Odin hit him a lot more times. Thanos stayed.

quanchi112
Nope, but nor was Odin. In fact, Odin took less damage than Tyrant. smile Becuz Thanos didnt have the orb.

Larceny
Tyrant hit him a few times and made Thanos leave. So it took fewer attacks to make Thanos leave. He was prepared for Tyrant and he wasnt prepared for Odin. Odin hit him a lot more times. Thanos stayed.

he didn't make him leave. He left because he choose to.

Odin hit him two more times than Tyrant did, and after Odin was through Thanos could barely stand.

Mr. Slippyfist

Lot more talking in the Odin/Thanos fight. Equal number of blows were still dealt. So if (and I know you'll love this) Hyperion hit Thor twice, and Thor didn't hit him once, that would mean that Hyperion dominated Thor? Ah, kool beens. I might have to apologize to Genis...

And it still did more damage.
How often does he use Gungir? Like... twice?

More blows were dealt in the Odin/Thanos fight. Still a longer fight.

quanchi112
he didn't make him leave. He left because he choose to.

Odin hit him two more times than Tyrant did, and after Odin was through Thanos could barely stand. Thanos still stood. Odin hit him more times. Thanos didnt have a weapon but had one in the Tyrant fight.

Larceny
Thanos still stood. Odin hit him more times. Thanos didnt have a weapon but had one in the Tyrant fight.

Which means what? Your getting closer and closer to admitting the fights were closer than previously touted.

Larceny
Why do people believe Tyrant to be more powerful than Odin based on a single fight with Galactus in which he was beaten? The same Galactus that has been dealt nearly fatal blows by characters inferior to Tyrant? Hard to understand, especially when Odin's feats are the superior of the two.

lando005
So you ignore all other feats and focus on a single instance which has been greatly exaggerated? we're focusing on a common point, other than thanos these two have nothing in common and would be left up to feats which odin would win by proxy because he's been around longer and thus has a lot more feats.

It just soo happens that this is the most viable feat to compare the two because it is against the exact same person, the only variation being thanos was powered up in his fight with tyrant which is a huge gauge as to how powerful he is in comparison to odin

quanchi112
Which means what? Your getting closer and closer to admitting the fights were closer than previously touted. I am really not. I am just trying to make you understand. Odin hit him more times. Tyrant hit him less. Out of the two fights Thanos was more prepared for Tyrant. He also used a weapon against Tyrant. What does all of the evidence point to. Tyrant did better against a prepared Thanos than Odin did to an unprepared spur of the moment battle.

Larceny
So if (and I know you'll love this) Hyperion hit Thor twice, and Thor didn't hit him once, that would mean that Hyperion dominated Thor? Ah, kool beens. I might have to apologize to Genis...

And it still did more damage.
How often does he use Gungir? Like... twice?

More blows were dealt in the Odin/Thanos fight. Still a longer fight.

Not sure what relevance this has to this particular discussion, but if Thor never returned an attack to Hyperion after being pummeled by him then wouldn't Hyperion be considered the winner?

Yet offers Odin no advantage other than focusing his attacks.

Um I though 6 blows were dealt each? confused

Larceny
we're focusing on a common point, other than thanos these two have nothing in common and would be left up to feats which odin would win by proxy because he's been around longer and thus has a lot more feats.

It just soo happens that this is the most viable feat to compare the two because it is against the exact same person, the only variation being thanos was powered up in his fight with tyrant which is a huge gauge as to how powerful he is in comparison to odin

It's not about the quantity of feats but the quality, and odin has the higher quality feats. It's that simple. We could debate Thanos/Tyrant, Odin/Tyrant, all day, but when it's all said and done Odin simply has better feats. Which by standard rules means he's the victor.

So forget about the Thanos fights. Lets talk about each characters individual feats.(I'm sure you don't want to do this) smile

lando005
Why do people believe Tyrant to be more powerful than Odin based on a single fight with Galactus in which he was beaten? The same Galactus that has been dealt nearly fatal blows by characters inferior to Tyrant? Hard to understand, especially when Odin's feats are the superior of the two. because galactus like hulk varies in power throughout his appearances, we have never seen him at full power but at what could be considered his more normal levels of power odin would not stand a chance. The majority of the time when he is beaten he was already in a weaken state

Larceny
because galactus like hulk varies in power throughout his appearances, we have never seen him at full power but at what could be considered his more normal levels of power odin would not stand a chance. The majority of the time when he is beaten he was already in a weaken state

Name one feat that Galactus achieved at normal power levels that Odin based on previous showings is incapable of duplicating. smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Not sure what relevance this has to this particular discussion, but if Thor never returned an attack to Hyperion after being pummeled by him then wouldn't Hyperion be considered the winner?

Yet offers Odin no advantage other than focusing his attacks.

Um I though 6 blows were dealt each? confused It has to do with the logic you're using.

So Hyperion beat Thor?

Well, it seemed to offer him more powerful blasts... unless Odin was exerting himself more...

In the Tyrant Fight, only 6 blows were dealt total... but in the Odin fight Thanos attacked Odin 4 times, while Odin hit him 5 times. Which using your logic... it was a pretty close fight for Thanos and Odin.

lando005
It's not about the quantity of feats but the quality, and odin has the higher quality feats. It's that simple. We could debate Thanos/Tyrant, Odin/Tyrant, all day, but when it's all said and done Odin simply has better feats. Which by standard rules means he's the victor.

So forget about the Thanos fights. Lets talk about each characters individual feats.(I'm sure you don't want to do this) smile se the main flaw in this approach is tyrant has almost no feats, it's like sentry when he started off he had almost no feats under his belt but did that make him weaker than lets say namor? no... in fact that exactly what your trying to do your trying to compare sentry after only being out for about a week against namor.

we are all hung up on the thanos fight because it is a direct comparison and no matter how many feats you have or come up with nothing beats a direct comparison, and for people who like to post in these threads a direct comparison like this is the next best thing to a clean unbias fight. the thanos fight presents the best possible data to make a judgement call on this fight that's just the way it is

Larceny
It has to do with the logic you're using.

So Hyperion beat Thor?

Well, it seemed to offer him more powerful blasts... unless Odin was exerting himself more...

In the Tyrant Fight, only 6 blows were dealt total... but in the Odin fight Thanos attacked Odin 4 times, while Odin hit him 5 times. Which using your logic... it was a pretty close fight for Thanos and Odin.

If I recall correctly wasn't Hyperion shrunk?

I see a blast that was ineffective, an attempt at a punch that was deflected, and an attempt encase Odin in a shield. Otherwise Odin was pretty much on the offensive the entire time ending with Thanos struggling to stand.

Larceny
se the main flaw in this approach is tyrant has almost no feats, it's like sentry when he started off he had almost no feats under his belt but did that make him weaker than lets say namor? no... in fact that exactly what your trying to do your trying to compare sentry after only being out for about a week against namor.

we are all hung up on the thanos fight because it is a direct comparison and no matter how many feats you have or come up with nothing beats a direct comparison, and for people who like to post in these threads a direct comparison like this is the next best thing to a clean unbias fight. the thanos fight presents the best possible data to make a judgement call on this fight that's just the way it is

Not comparable. Sentry had feats that placed him above Namor. It's not about quantity, but quality. The same can't be said in terms of Tyrant and Odin. odin simply has the better feats, period.

Lets directly compare side effects of battles. Again, I'm sure you wish to avoid this.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>