Trailer dissection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
You knew it was coming. Let's do it.

BIG QUESTION 1: What are they saying? All I can lip-read is Will does in fact ask Liz to marry him. His lips clearly say "marry me." But what else? Does anyone read lips or speak Russian or found the whole thing in English?

BIG QUESTION 2: Maybe it moves too fast, but does anyone see Bootstrap? They show everybody else, so where is he?

BIG QUESTION 3: I probably need to watch it one more time, but at the beginning it shows Liz with the compass, right? But I'm almost sure when it shows Jack for the first time, he has it. Please tell me there's not more than one? One is confusing enough.

BIG QUESTION 4: Are there any references to Calypso at all? I see Tia in a few group shots, but she looks like she always does.

BIG QUESTION 5: What are they saying? Oops, that's the #1 question, but still pressing.

BIG QUESTION 6: Who has who under control here? There is a shot of Beckett with officers to his right and it looks like Will is one of them. Maybe it's Norrington, but it looks like Will. Also, there is a scene where at least Liz and Barbossa are swordfighting someone. Is this before or after Liz has supposedly been traded to Sao Feng? Also, why is she underwater so much?

Anyone?

katelovespirate
my internet is being screwy and keeps not letting me post which is driving me crazy as i am in massive need of support and discussion!!!!!

1. someone translated the trailer on page 3 of the official trailer in russian thread. READ ITT...... and freak out with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katelovespirate
i really think this is looking like one of our fanfics---- Liz underwater because maybe she DOES end up sacrificing herself for Will (though in typical Disney fashion they will save her at the last minute)...

No reference to Calypso except the big storm at the end.

YAY BARBOSSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gracious.

Jack just looks sooooo hott- they really went all out this time, making them look beautiful. they all look fantastic.

Surreal_44
Big Question 3: Nope, it's not Elizabeth with the compass. Not unless she's taken to wearing rings on her thumb. stick out tongue It's Jack holding the compass. big grin

And I gotta say, I love the kiss. Notice how they basically stop doing anything to kiss each other, despite the raging storm, waves and battle going on all around them. At that moment in time, it's just the two of them. big grin So...you think that maybe Will dies after that or something? (I am trying to keep it open in my mind that J/E will still work out. smile )

aelizabeth
Everything is really up in the air now, isn't it?

The trailer shows both J/E and W/E moments.

The kiss between Liz and Will is sweet, very,very sweet, but it gives me the feeling that their relationship is desperate. They love each other, obviously, but their relationship is at a point that will make it or break it. This kiss and the 'marry me' line seems like one last desperate attempt, even though it might not be.

The J/E moment would be the

Elizabeth: "It would have never worked between us."
Jack: "You keep telling yourself that, love."

lines. It seems like Liz is trying to push their relationship away, sort of even denying it, but Jack is there like, You can keep trying to deny our chemistry all you want, but you know we have something and I do too.
The scene where he points her out as his killer, you can really feel the tension.

It will be more clear to me when the english trailer comes out because i will be able to really see the emotions..

But! J/E W/E aside...

This movie looks like one heck of a ride! Disney went all out. The characters look stunning, the effects look stunning, the storyline is packed full of adventure. Everyone involved with the movie is saying this is going to be better than both of the others put together, and i'll believe it. Wow. The trailer was definatly worth the long wait. Wonderful job, Disney.

katelovespirate
very nice analysis, aelizabeth. smile I fully agree--- the W/L relationship seems desperate, and though I reckon they will eventually decide to stand by their commitment and honor and love for each other, Jack is never really going to be out of the picture. He's captain Jack Sparrow. I'm so glad he accuses Liz in front of everyone. Freaking hott. lol.

PirateDiva
Alright minute 1:57 there is a quick shot of Will and it looks like he's at the wheel of the Flying Dutchman!!!! Tell me if i'm wrong!

katelovespirate
seriously0----- theres a moment almost at the very end of the trailer where they show one of those fish-face dudes that bears a striking resemblance to Will.... or am i just nuts/???

PirateDiva
Also at second 46 and 47 When Jack is standing at the very Top of the mast...it's a call back to the Entrance of COTBP!!! and if u look closely i believe thats how they see Jack for the first time in Davys Locker because he's riding over sand to what looks like ppl standing on the ocean shore and the ocean is behind him!!! That'll be a classic entrance if u asked me!!! lol

katelovespirate
okay so when Jack is battling Davy Jones, he's got the chest in his other hand...

Will looks hot with that handkerchief on his head!!! hahahahaha.

i always forget how overwhelmingly sexy Jack is. I mean, Will is like really pretty, very good looking, while Jack is like "i will push you against the wall and make out with you now" hott.... ya know???

Tia looks gorgeous--- in the brief shots we see of her.

No strumpets in the trailer, too bad. wink

aelizabeth
i couldn't find the will-fish-dude but that was definatly a shot of will at the wheel of the flying dutchman O.O

PirateDiva
And then i also love how when Will says: Will u marry me?, right after they show a very Quick clip of Jack right before Liz Says: This isnt the right time!!! lol....meaning as Jack is still in the Picture...lol!! LOVE IT!!

katelovespirate
Originally posted by aelizabeth
i couldn't find the will-fish-dude but that was definatly a shot of will at the wheel of the flying dutchman O.O

HOLY SHIT ITS NOT.... its JACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Its JACK>.... OH MY GOSH>L>>>>>>> its JACKK!!!! i froze framed it---- its JACK!!@!@!!!!! at the very end of the trailer, after the Jack shooting himself out the canon.... and then it shows Elizabeth looking terrfied, and then its JACK AS A FISH FACE~!~!!!! its his face, his mouth, his beaded dreds..... oh holy crap.... what does this mean?!?!?!?!?!?!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by katelovespirate
okay so when Jack is battling Davy Jones, he's got the chest in his other hand...

Will looks hot with that handkerchief on his head!!! hahahahaha.

i always forget how overwhelmingly sexy Jack is. I mean, Will is like really pretty, very good looking, while Jack is like "i will push you against the wall and make out with you now" hott.... ya know???

Tia looks gorgeous--- in the brief shots we see of her.

No strumpets in the trailer, too bad. wink

Well maybe not a prominent glimpse of the strumpets but they are definately there....when Jack and Gibbs put their fists together Scarlett and Giselle are walking away!!!! big grin

katelovespirate
ps. sorry for all my swearing today.... just a bit excited. wink

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Alright minute 1:57 there is a quick shot of Will and it looks like he's at the wheel of the Flying Dutchman!!!! Tell me if i'm wrong!

No, darling. To me, it looks like Will is captain of the flying dutchman. Remember the "touch of destiny".

Jack with the compass....is spinning madly and have you notice before it shows how madly its spinning....Jack is looking at it, then he looks out in a suspicious, mad way.

just look

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8821/awelockercompasslf6.jpg

PirateDiva
HOLY SHIT ITS NOT.... its JACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Its JACK>.... OH MY GOSH>L>>>>>>> its JACKK!!!! i froze framed it---- its JACK!!@!@!!!!! at the very end of the trailer, after the Jack shooting himself out the canon.... and then it shows Elizabeth looking terrfied, and then its JACK AS A FISH FACE~!~!!!! its his face, his mouth, his beaded dreds..... oh holy crap.... what does this mean?!?!?!?!?!?!

OMG wait but he's not Fish Face....he's turned into that nasty crap on the walls of the Flying Dutchman....like that old guy in the wall Will and Bootstrap talk to about the chest in the Flying Dutcman in DMC.....omg thats sad!!! sad

katelovespirate
so how does this fit in????? when does this happen????? do you think it's a hallucination of the locker, or happens at some point--- or perhaps Jack has to complete his bargain, or does it to free bootstrap, or what? i mean, of course he will get free at the end (probably when hott Will becomes captain) but i am so shocked---- it takes a very special man to look good as a sea creature!!!!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
No, darling. To me, it looks like Will is captain of the flying dutchman. Remember the "touch of destiny".

Jack with the compass....is spinning madly and have you notice before it shows how madly its spinning....Jack is looking at it, then he looks out in a suspicious, mad way.

just look

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8821/awelockercompasslf6.jpg

Ya and right after it closes the very next shot is of Liz...lol! How much more can that tell u!

katelovespirate
WHERE IS WILLO!?!?!?!?! i need someone to freak out with. CHIKI!?!?!?! anyone else in favor of an emotional breakdown?!?!?

PirateDiva
there is also a shot of a canon blowing up i think or a ship blowing up and i froze it....and it looks like Jack flying in the air cause of the explosion into the water!!!

Also when liz is in the water after Jack shoots himself of the canon it looks like she says JACK!

PirateDiva
Ummmm Hello....totally freaking out here!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

pirate_1987
00:13-00:32*Tia Dalma* "Would you brave the weird, and haunted shores, at world's end, to fetch back wicked jack?"
00:33-00:36*Jack Sparrow* "Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?"
01:20-01:22*Elizabeth* "It would never have worked between us" *Jack* "Keep telling yourself that, love"
01:31-01:33 *Beckett* "The East Indian Trading company now controlls the sea"
01:46-01:49 *Will* "Will you marry me?" *ELizabeth* "This isn't the best time!"

Chiki Mina
kate im here!!!!

*hugs kate*

its ok its ok!

We must annalyze this bit by bit by pictures.

I will take more pics, ok? big grin

I have such a good feeling...God is almighty!! big grin

Its aweful of my part because I know this movie is not about sparabeth...but I can't help but SEE eek!

Im not overlooking the W/E kiss. Its cute, cute enough to barf big grin BUT, I see like a desperation there...Will pulls Liz into a kiss. wink

PirateDiva
Mina see if u can take a picture of 2:10....its Jack as the Crust of the Flying Dutchman!

katelovespirate
its cracking me up how you refer to him as "the crust".... i cant stop laughing....

PirateDiva
lol...sorry he just looks Crusty...lol...ok ok Barnicle Jack...is that Better? lol

Chiki Mina
I posted it somewhere!

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3076/picture1ef0.png

PirateDiva
oh thanks...that pic makes me sad!!! sad

Chiki Mina
I had two theories about it.

But the best explanation I could get is Jack in desguise. Remember that Tia Dalma is almighty and powerful. I think with her voodoo she desguised him--just a thought.

aelizabeth
wow. am i the only one who cant see Jack in the Crust?

katelovespirate
well, Jack looks sad as crust-man, so i would guess he's been beaten by Davy Jones, or put up to it by Will or something. but he won't stay that way.

PirateDiva
I Hope NoT!!!

Chiki Mina
Ok, girls!!

Meditate, mates, meditate wink.

Jack staying like that is higly unlikely! Who knows, maybe its hillarious--I dunno. Im not worried at all.

I just wonder why? I think its desguise or Will capturing him as a vengeance.

katelovespirate
it would be pretty funny for will to do that as vengeance, though i'd say its more likely that Will ends up saving Jack from that fate.

Chiki Mina
I know!

WAIT WAIT!

ANOTHER THEORY!

Remember the scene...with Beckette and Davy, what if he made a Jack an offer or something, then made an order to davy to prison him as a crust-starfish-man.

willofthewisp
Okay, maybe I'm stupid. I don't see Jack. I see similar facial hair patterns and the beads of course, but they did not do a good job of capturing Jack's face to me, if that's him. The eyes look more like Will. I can't be the only one seeing that. Jack's eyes don't look like that. Although it really doesn't mean anything if it is either of them because it could be a trick, a brief imprisonment, a disguise, a dream, etc.

Second glance: Yeah, that's Jack, but see what I mean about the face? Must be a weakness of the effect.

savvysparrow
And the crustations distort the more connected they are to the ship. Think of Vernum. My guess is still that either Jack cut a deal, or it's all part of his overall master plan. Sure, he's downhearted in the film, but he's still twelve steps ahead of everyone else. I would say that it's more of a call back to to COTBP where everyone thought he was a gonner when Barbossa stabs him in the heart, but he turned out to be immortal. The same probably goes here. He's got something up his sleeve, and it's probably all a trick, maybe to gain access to the heart.

willofthewisp
Oh yeah. Jack's a freakin' genius, and the editors wouldn't be so dumb to show us a final twist like that if that were the end.

savvysparrow
I know this is an odd request, but since we've all seen the trailer now, can we write down all the spoilers that correspond to what we've seen? Maybe it will help us to piece this sucker together.

Chiki Mina
Of course. I have been saying that for a while and that's my first thought, that it's a disguise.

willofthewisp
Can you make that a separate thread so people that want to be surprised (me!) don't have to see them? That way it gives you guys the freedom to talk about whatever and yet people can avoid it altogether if they want.

savvysparrow
Of course! Good idea. Thanks for suggesting it

Chiki Mina
Wait, im confused.

savvysparrow
My thought was that since the trailer has come out, it's confirmed some of the things we were hypothesizing about with spoilers and or theories. It might be fun to compare the trailer to what we know and see if we can piece together the remainder of the plot.

I started another thread with a spoiler warning on it that way those people who have will power and self control can avoid it. And those people who don't have will power, like myself, can discuss the spoilers.

willofthewisp
Question: Near the beginning, it shows a ship with our heroes on it going through a very cold, icy place and shows Barbossa at the foreground with Liz in the background and then cuts to two bodies swimming underwater. Can anyone see who they are? I was thinking it was Will and Liz, but I can't see them that well.

JD_4_Life
Have you ever thought that maybe it's not Jack who's the barnicle? Maybe it's someone pretending to be jack pretending to be a barnicle..lol.

savvysparrow
Is it Jack's cousin twice removed: Barnacle Bill? Lovely singing voice....

Chiki Mina
LMAO

Im very positive its him. you can see it very clearly in quicktime and windowsmedia.

Ericadawn
The swimming is when the Pearl is flipped

Gravitation
TRAILER TAKEN DOWN

lovethemtigers
I am so freaking out over this trailer...kate....isn't Jack absolutely amazing...OMG how long has this been going on.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Gravitation
TRAILER TAKEN DOWN

WHAT?!

DETAILS!

katelovespirate
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I am so freaking out over this trailer...kate....isn't Jack absolutely amazing...OMG how long has this been going on.

oh my goodness I KNOW!!!!!!!! i literally was like drooling!!! okay, not drooling, but completely freaking out!!!! i always forget just how amazing Jack is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gravitation
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
WHAT?!

DETAILS!

It's been taken down do to tems use of violation.

bina
you can't deny its him. Jack is the barnicle.

T.Maria
Originally posted by Gravitation
It's been taken down do to tems use of violation.

I can still see it....i must be special big grin hehehe!

i thought the barnicle was jack, too.
and if it is, THIS brings a new twist (as in its probably a lead up to the battle with jones)

When they're fighting in the mast (davy and jack) is it just me or is jack holding the box with the heart?
And then in the next scene when davy pulls him up, he pulls him up by the box....as in jack must have fallen from the mast with the box and davy has caught him???

just my musings lol

Gravitation
here,I downloaded it on Photobucket.

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/EmpireLady/?action=view&current=Pirates_trl.flv

Gravitation
Originally posted by T.Maria

When they're fighting in the mast (davy and jack) is it just me or is jack holding the box with the heart?
And then in the next scene when davy pulls him up, he pulls him up by the box....as in jack must have fallen from the mast with the box and davy has caught him???

just my musings lol

Yeah,that's what I've been thinking!

bina
If Jones saves him it has to do with the heart. Davy wouldn't do it to save Jack. or would he?

Gravitation
If you pause it at 1:46,Jack hit Davy! =3

willofthewisp
Only if he wants Jack alive for something, such as to help him get someone else. Wonder if by that time he'll be madder at Jack or at Will since you know Will is going to do whatever he can to save his dad...who is incidently not in the trailer.

Chiki Mina
willo, i love your mind. I don't want to push you to analyze the trailers bit by bit because it's a spoiler. But i love your opinions

willofthewisp
Lol, you are just like the writers, chiki, and I don't mean that in a bad way. You have a way of being very vague and open-ended and I respect that since that means you respect that I don't want to know everything....unless I can figure it out!!!! It makes me wonder if I'm onto something or if I'm dead wrong. Either way sounds like fun!

Chiki Mina
lol, either way, we will be surprised. I know I will enjoy it bit by bit.

pirate179
me too!!

willofthewisp
Another question that I'm completely stumped on. In the commentary to DMC, T&T make it a point to stress that Liz has the compass from now on. They emphasize that twice. One is where she boards the Pearl right after having it explained to her what it does. One of the writers says something like, "It's very important here Jack lets her keep it. He doesn't touch it from this point on."

Later on, Jack, Liz, Norrington, Pintel, and Ragetti are in the longboat to Isla de Cruces. One of the writers says, "You can tell Jack's nervous about being in such a small boat here. Notice he doesn't take Gibbs or Cotton with him. He only takes Elizabeth because he has to. He takes the three others that are the most useless to him." So he's taking her only because he won't take the compass back.

Which leads to my question: why in the trailer does JACK have it? The last time we saw it, it was right next to Liz and the writers have said that Jack never touched it after he gave it to her. So how does he end up with it? This has got to be after they've already found him and he's taken it back, or it's somehow been sent to him in some supernatural way. Any thoughts?

savvysparrow
He ends up getting it somehow, because in the long boat after he escapes the Kracken attack, he has it again. So apparently between the time that they are all sword fighting on the island, and the time when the Kracken attacks, he gets it back.

willofthewisp
I forgot about that. Aw, I thought I was really onto something.

katelovespirate
well, we don't know how many secret compass-sharing rendezvous they may have had... wink

blackpearl44
well, we don't know how many secret compass-sharing rendezvous they may have had... wink

LOL (btw, check your pm's wink )

willofthewisp
It just caught me off guard because the first time I watched the trailer, because the compass cuts directly to Liz, I thought it was her holding it. I figured if she dressed like Jack in DMC, she would start wearing rings like he does. Anyway, those are definitely man hands against a sandy backdrop, so that was Jack and I got confused. Maybe it's because in like every fanfic this forum has ever done, there are always two compasses or more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.