Le Cercle Rouge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dusty
Is there not a thread on this? Anyway, great movie.

Solo
Probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Solo
Probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

chair You have some gall dissing a Jean-Pierre Melville movie. Not to mention one of Alain Delon's best roles. Easily one of the best film noir's of all time. John Woo is going to do a remake of this titled: "The Red Circle."

Solo
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
chair You have some gall dissing a Jean-Pierre Melville movie. Not to mention one of Alain Delon's best roles. Easily one of the best film noir's of all time. John Woo is going to do a remake of this titled: "The Red Circle."
It was sarcasm, man. It's one of my favorites. I heard the John Woo remake isn't happening.

Also, Alain Delon is fantastic, always.

Dusty
I also heard that. John Woo is great, but this film isn't for him.

TricksterPriest
It was sarcasm, man. It's one of my favorites. I heard the John Woo remake isn't happening.

Also, Alain Delon is fantastic, always.
Oops. embarrasment Add a smiley next time. stick out tongue Too bad about the remake getting nixed, but maybe it's a good thing. John Woo may have lost the touch. sad

MildPossession
Oo he is smile

As for the remake, apparently Johnny To is up to direct it. He has made some pretty decent films(Breaking News(also up for a remake), Election 1 and 2, Full Time Killer, and Exiled(banned in some country apparently, can't remember where).

TricksterPriest
You forgot the Mission, PTU and Heroic Trio. Very interesting. My dad is a huge Johnny To fan. I think he could do it justice.

MildPossession
I haven't seen those three. Just mentioned the ones I have seen and thought were good. Will check the three you mentioned out.

Vinny Valentine
It's French.

Hence, I'll never watch it.

MildPossession
I have actually seen Herioc Trio, thought it was quite rubbish, especially compared to his other films.

Dusty
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
It's French.

Shame.

Solo
It's French.

You're an idiot.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Dusty
Shame.

Not really.

You're an idiot.

Nope. Just extremely discriminative. I despise the language, and everyone I've ever met who was French was an ******* to me.

TricksterPriest
Not really.

Nope. Just extremely discriminative. I despise the language, and everyone I've ever met who was French was an ******* to me.

Thing is, I agree with what you're saying. But French films paradoxically, are extremely good. roll eyes (sarcastic) At least watch some of Melville's films before you condemn them.

manorastroman
how can you despise the language? it's the language that finally articulated existential angst.

Bardock42
Not really.

Nope. Just extremely discriminative. I despise the language, and everyone I've ever met who was French was an ******* to me. No, his statement was accurate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.