Live CDs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nellinator
How do you all feel about live CDs? Are they worth it, or do you prefer to just get studio albums, see them live, and/or get live DVDs?

StinkFist462
i DL my live albums. buy if i like, delete if i dont.

i dont like to take the risk of buying a (usually) overpriced live album that may or may not suck.

§P0oONY
I like live CDs if the band releasing them are just as good live as they are in the studio, or if I was at the actual show and enjoyed it.

Deathblow
To me, they're pointless.

RedAlertv2
I usually dont like them.

Nellinator
One thing I like about them is that they are sometimes the only way to get covers that the band did, or the only way to hear collaborations like Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes I recently acquired.

The Core
Ditto, but I would just iTunes the single covers, i.e. Korn's cover of "Creep", Deftones cover of..well..anything, like "The Chauffer" or "Say It Ain't So" or anything along those lines.

Impediment
Of the few live albums I own, Sevendust's Southside Doublewide Acoustic Live is the best I've heard.

el_barto
I like them usually, sometimes studio albums just don't have the raw energy of a live show, and a lot of bands are better live than in the studio.

jaden101
most of the live stuff for the bands i like isn't available to buy but there are tons of bootlegs...it aint harming anyone DLing them...

i do buy any live CD's that do become available...have couple counting crows live CD's...a Ryan Adams live DVD...a few other live CD's kicking about

i like it when the bands do differing versions of their studio songs...

Nellinator
I just got three Nirvana live albums and the new twists they put on some of their songs are quite interesting, changes in distortion and whatnot... I'm starting to think favourably of these live CDs...

Solo
Lou Reed's Take No Prisoners, best live album ever.

Funkadelic
Prince is better live than in studio as are some other artists I like, so yeah, I like them.

Strangelove
I like Live Albums in general.

Captain Maynard
I only own Salival by Tool.

snowultra
i think bob marley was better live, then in the studio

Smasandian
I have NIN's live album and I have Queens of the Stone Age one also. I like QOTSA one because they always go off and start jamming to the song instead of just playing it.

I was going to get the Radiohead live album but I heared a few tracks and they sound pretty much the same as the studio albums (which is great but not worth the $20 bucks)

Nellinator
I decided that I like live CDs as they are usually the only way to get an unplugged album.

bogen
Sure, live albums are good.
Download before you buy tho.

Skeets
Mystery White Boy: Live '95-'96 is the only one I own.

RedAlertv2
Now that I think about it I really like a couple live albums, particularly Blink 182 - The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show.

Solo
That album really shows blink-182 for what they truely are, assholes.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Solo
That album really shows blink-182 for what they truely are, assholes. haha, good one.

Pandemoniac
Got a few, some cool, some less cool. The quality is often not close to studio material but certain live versions of songs make up to that.
AC/DC's live albums are pretty good, save for the far stretched solo's. Some of the songs are significantly cooler live!
GnR's Live Era has it's moments, but is really cruddy at times as well.
Got some Joe Jackson live stuff which is awesome, Metallica's S&M is ok, and some live b-sides from The Presidents, Kiss and 16 HP, all sweet.

Pezmerga
Rush has some amazing live albums/dvds out. All of them are exceptional in my opinion. I also am found of my NIN Live album (even if I am losing interest in Trents new work), and also enjoy The Who's "Live at Leeds".. Basically any band that doesn't need a studio to sound good (or in most cases passable for music, whether it is shit or not).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.