Tia Dalma's secrets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bina
Has anyone thought about Tia Dalma's secrets she might be hiding? I've been thinking about possible things she could be hiding, such as maybe she is the one who broke Davy Jone's heart. Or something else. Anyone have any suggestions.

savvysparrow
Tia Dalma is Calypso, the sea goddess who broke Davy Jones' heart. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but according to rumor this is true. If you look carefully in her cabin, she has the locket that matches Davy Jones' locket.

bina
That would natrually explain so much. But why doesn't she say anything or confront jones? wow, I can't wait for it to be revealed in the movie.

savvysparrow
Well, she's waiting for the opportune moment. She can't confront Jones because he can only step on land every ten years. Second, she was the cause of his torment, so I don't believe he'd be eager to speak to her. And third, she's got her own problems.
Calypso is a goddess trapped in human form. Meaning that she has to be released from her fleshy prison.

bina
Do you think that it will be done in the movie? Will they be forced to confront eachother? but if Will becomes the captain of the flying dutchman that means he would have had to kill Davy so then that might make things complicated. What is the story behind Tia Dalma again?

savvysparrow
I'm fairly certain Will doesn't become Captain of the Flying Dutchman until close to the end of the film. Also, I've heard rumors that the reunion between Tia Dalma and Davy Jones will be "touching".

bina
really? I wonder what that will be. Maybe she ends his curse. That would be a little chezzy though. hmmm..... I wonder.

bina
OMG, I saw that she had the heart necklace on. I wonder what that means?

IheartPocky
Woot! she does eek!

bina
Oh yeah. I wonder if thats a sign or something. what do yall think will happen between her and Jones?

Ericadawn
Tia Dalma is also a Trickster...

and not to be underestimated...

"It's me front I'm worried about."

bina
lolz. that is very true. Definitly don't underestimate her.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by bina
Do you think that it will be done in the movie? Will they be forced to confront eachother? but if Will becomes the captain of the flying dutchman that means he would have had to kill Davy so then that might make things complicated. What is the story behind Tia Dalma again?

who do u think makes the Whirlpool in the water? big grin

PirateDiva
I also think she has like a crab leg hiding underneath that dress or something...lol!!!

bina
lolz. I was thinking about Davy Jones standing on land. Do u think that Tia could have had something to do with that?

PirateDiva
OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOOO TRUE!!! in DMC Davy told the Crew i cant step on land for nearly another decade....yet in the Trailer we see Davy standing behind Beckett and they are on land!!!! because it's the same scene when Jack Liz and Barbossa are walking on the beach!!!

bina
EXACTLY!! Now the question is how? Maybe it has to do with Calpso aka Tia Dalma.

PMW
Tia Dalma is Calypso and Davy Jones lover for sure! There are many hints. 1. the lcokets 2. Tia Dalma has a music box sound in her theme song just like Davy Jones. 3. Her surety that it was a woman he fell in love with. Last but not least there is a quote "When the nine pirate lords release Calypso from her human bonds lightning will strick the sea and a whirlpool will be formed."

willofthewisp
Davy's standing in buckets of water when he's "on land." Sorry to shoot that down.

tia dalma
LOL!!! I just can't imagine Davy Jones standing in buckets of water. I have got to see that. laughing

willofthewisp
I think somebody showed a picture on here. I'm assuming this is going to lead to a huge plot hole. If he can get around not stepping on land for 10 years at a time, what was the point of the jar of dirt? What is the point of him flat out saying he can't step on land for another 10 years? What is the point of Liz waiting for 10 years for Will? Grrrrr.

Hammerhead monster: Captain, what's wrong?

Davy: I got an itch. An itch a male can't scratch.

Hammerhead: You miss Tia Dalma?

Davy: Fiercely. But I can't step on land for another 10 years.

Hammerhead: Did you ever think of finding the loophole?

Davy: Nah. That has to wait until AWE comes out.

Ericadawn
Davy was too stubborn to find a loophole, but I'm guessing LIz would...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.