Pies with no base: Are they pies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
I got thinking the other day (I have the most random thoughts, like "Does the queen ever pull the bedsheets up so only her face can be senn, and say 'Look, Philip, I'm a stamp'?"wink, anyway, my thought for the day was:

You know when you go into a shop, and you buy a nice, big pie, then you get home, you start to tuck in, and............... It has no base. Is that a pie?

I would suggest not. A pie with no lid is a tart, so how can a pie with no base be a pie?

Is it? And if not, what is it?

Rogue Jedi
have you been sniffing magik markers again?

TPS
Is a broken recliner still a recliner, or simply a chair now?

(I like asking random questions too)

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by TPS

If I'm a broken man, do I become a dark void of nothing?

*Cries*

BakaXero
there are threads made already for stupid questions

Rogue Jedi
then go there.

Lord Coal
Originally posted by TPS

I would suggest, good sir, that a broken recliner is a broken recliner. However, a pie with no base cannot be a 'broken pie', as it never had a base in the first place, therefore our questions are less related than they seem.

Good question though. wink

TPS
By that logic, a pie with no crust is a pie with no crust.

cry

Dumb people hurt my head

Lord Coal
Originally posted by TPS
cry

whistling

Alliance
all your pie are belong

cruel jedi
i like pie messed

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by BakaXero
there are threads made already for stupid questions

These are serious questions.

Alliance
Pie? Cake?

Lord Coal
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
These are serious questions.

Well said. Some people (Naming no names, BakaXero) don't appreciate the importance of pie, and how pastry dishes both sweet and savoury can benefit the world.

"Hark the herald angels sing,
Glory to the newborn pie!"

Now pay homage, you unworthy slag!

DeathReaper
i had 3 and 1/7 pies on PI day...is that excessive?

Lord Coal
Shame on you for not finishing the fourth!

PS: Did they have bases?

silver_tears
Where the hell do you find pies with no base? confused

Lord Coal
Nowhere now. I burnt them all down! roll eyes (sarcastic)

DeathReaper
well...if i find a pie with no base then mostlikely i ate the base without knowing blink

Strangelove
Originally posted by Lord Coal
I would suggest, good sir, that a broken recliner is a broken recliner. However, a pie with no base cannot be a 'broken pie', as it never had a base in the first place, therefore our questions are less related than they seem.

Good question though. wink A pie with no base would be a a cobbler, would it not?

Lord Coal
A cobbler?

Now you mention it, I think you're right.

Does a cobbler not refer only pastry produce with a sweet filling, such as apple, though?

I think when it's savoury it becomes a hotpot...

G U I T A R
Is there chocolate pie?

Lord Coal
You'd need either a great deal of chocolate or a very small amount of pastry.....

G U I T A R
Well have you ever seen a chocolate pie...besides the frozen ones at burger king.

Syren
What do you call a pie with no lid? hmm

Edit; excuse me for not reading the first post... but anyway, what the hell is a flan, then?

vintageSW77
i dunno but they are a mess to eat and in the case of potato and meat they leave you with fingers that smell like youve been up some chick with hygene issues

Syren
Originally posted by vintageSW77
i dunno but they are a mess to eat and in the case of potato and meat they leave you with fingers that smell like youve been up some chick with hygene issues

oh

That's absolutely the most disgusting thing I've heard all day. Congrats laughing out loud

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Syren
What do you call a pie with no lid? hmm

Edit; excuse me for not reading the first post... but anyway, what the hell is a flan, then?

Again, it's the sweet/savoury thing.

Tart's tend to be sweet (and disease-riddled, but that's another story!) while a flan is usually savoury, and more omlettey than pie. I don't know what you'd call a savoury, non-omlettey lidless pie....

Syren
Oh my god, we could have such an interesting conversation about pie yes

G U I T A R
Yeah well, I like the chocolate frozen pie at burger king, anyone else?

BobbyD
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
have you been sniffing magik markers again?

laughing

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Syren
Oh my god, we could have such an interesting conversation about pie yes

http://movementbuilding.org/images/halloween/pie.jpg

Is Niiiiiiice!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.