X-men Endangered Species

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.374

Does anyone else reckon Endangered Species looks good? I know theme is a bit cliche but the art and previews look pretty good, especially Finch's cover for X-men issue #200. I also love the fact that the main character for the storyline is one of my favourite characters, Beast rock

willRules
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=105460

Disappear
i'd venture a guess that the "familiar face" early astonishing x-men is kavita rao, given she wanted to create a cure to mutancy, and someone else did it for her. wonder who the big player we haven't seen in a while is, though.

Darth Vicious
I for one cant wait! Im glad Hank is kinda the focus point, specially after being turned into a savage beast on Astonishing Xmen. I hope Magneto shows up at some level.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I for one cant wait! Im glad Hank is kinda the focus point, specially after being turned into a savage beast on Astonishing Xmen. I hope Magneto shows up at some level.

For some reason that interview gives off Dark Beast type experiment vibes.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
For some reason that interview gives off Dark Beast type experiment vibes.

Maybe but Beast is equally brilliant as well, maybe the 2 Beasts will work together on finding a cure.

ExodusCloak
Maybe but Beast is equally brilliant as well, maybe the 2 Beasts will work together on finding a cure.

I meant Beasts morality might shift, but yeah who knows that could happen. stick out tongue

Grimm22
Hopefully they'll go extinct soon big grin

Seriously, Grant Morrison ruined the Xmen for me erm

By turning mutants into the majority of the world, I donno, it just irks me

TricksterPriest
I've said it before, I'll say again. Someone needs to kill the Scarlet *****. miffed Seriously, I don't care who does it. Hulk in WWH, Hawkeye, Blob, Stark, DP, JUST KILL THE ***** ALREADY! mad Even if the Xmen sucked, this kills off so many potential story ideas. Hank better come up with something. erm

grey fox
Originally posted by Grimm22
Hopefully they'll go extinct soon big grin

Seriously, Grant Morrison ruined the Xmen for me erm

By turning mutants into the majority of the world, I donno, it just irks me

thumb up

Martian_mind
I hope Beast throws down with Deadpool.

I don't know why,i just wanna see that fight.

willRules
I can't wait to read a reasonably big storyline which revolves round a character that never, ever gets any spotlight but deserves to yes

Grimm22
Originally posted by willRules
I can't wait to read a reasonably big storyline which revolves round a character that never, ever gets any spotlight but deserves to yes

Since when does Cable deserve spotlight? What the f**k?

Validus
FYI, 16 million people is NOT a majority of the world.

willRules
Since when does Cable deserve spotlight? What the f**k?

laughing

no expression

I meant Beast big grin

Grimm22
laughing

no expression

I meant Beast big grin

I guess erm

As long as they don't do some weird crappy storyline like Morrision did with him on his run

You know when he became like super beast or some bullcrap like that and pwned the Phoenix and all that crap...

Jeese I just realized how much Grant Morrison *ucked up the xmen no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
FYI, 16 million people is NOT a majority of the world.

Whatever, the point still remains

Disappear
i got my fill of a world entirely mutated in earth x, though the idea that mutants were more and more numbering up to the humans wasn't a bad one. could've done without sublime and the majority of the other nonsense, though.

Black Adam
never had a problem with the 16 million thing.

Don't have problem with the 200 hundred thing.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Black Adam
never had a problem with the 16 million thing.

Don't have problem with the 200 hundred thing.

I don't know if it was the concept itself, but rather the way Grant Morrison used it

I dunno, I personally don't like Grant Morrison's work most of the time

The only book of his I really enjoy is All Star Superman

Other than that he tries to make everything to artsy and whatnot and ruins it

willRules
I guess erm

As long as they don't do some weird crappy storyline like Morrision did with him on his run

You know when he became like super beast or some bullcrap like that and pwned the Phoenix and all that crap...

Jeese I just realized how much Grant Morrison *ucked up the xmen no expression

Meh, at least in the for tomorrow storyline the art was good. During the whole period the x-men wore leather jackets I didn't see one good artist on their titles. Wolverine did, it had the guy who drew the Logan files which was great, but X-men art at that time = sick

Darth Vicious
Anybody read the article on the X-men on Wizard # 187. It has "The 10 reasons why X-men # 200 will change everything" and # 10 is "The Marauders get a familiar face as their new leader!", "The most jaw-dropping moment in the whole issue"

Me for one cant wait, Its about time the X-men get the spotlight again and I listed reason # 10 because the first person that came to mind was Gambit, Magneto 2nd.

Grimm22
Anybody read the article on the X-men on Wizard # 187. It has "The 10 reasons why X-men # 200 will change everything" and # 10 is "The Marauders get a familiar face as their new leader!", "The most jaw-dropping moment in the whole issue"

Me for one cant wait, Its about time the X-men get the spotlight again and I listed reason # 10 because the first person that came to mind was Gambit, Magneto 2nd.

Good

Send that loser to live in the sewers where he belongs laughing

Darth Vicious
Those are the Morlocks u talking about. The Marauders are the ones that murdered them all thanks to Gambit.

Grimm22
Those are the Morlocks u talking about. The Marauders are the ones that murdered them all thanks to Gambit.

Oh yeah stick out tongue

Whatever, I just hope that Gambit dies big grin

willRules
We all do yes

CasanoVa
Decimation & House of M, what do they both have in common? Mutants. What do they also both have in common? They sucked.

Nobdoy cares about mutants anymore, that's why X-Books are on the decline and Avenger books are on their way up wink.

I won't be buying this, downloading maybe, not buying.

Grimm22
Pretty much

People just got tired of the whole, "Oh he got his powers just by being born with them." thing

Nowdays, Genitic Inheritince is in (AKA JSA)

willRules
Well that's what Endangered species storyline is all about. Nobody cares about Mutants anymore so they are all dying off quite quickly.......

........Which is good and bad I suppose..........

CasanoVa
Well that's what Endangered species storyline is all about. Nobody cares about Mutants anymore so they are all dying off quite quickly.......

........Which is good and bad I suppose..........

So, It's ok that they suck, because they know that they suck and are dieing off because of it?

Sounds about right to me, I'm glad smile

willRules
Look on the bright side the main character is Beast!!!

Beast!!!

BEAST!!!11!!!!!1!!!! eek! eek! eek!

CasanoVa
Look on the bright side the main character is Beast!!!

Beast!!!

BEAST!!!11!!!!!1!!!! eek! eek! eek!

X-Man Beast sucks, He should be a full-time Avenger.

Who's writing this skeet-fest?

willRules
Originally posted by CasanoVa
X-Man Beast sucks, He should be a full-time Avenger.

Who's writing this skeet-fest?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad

cry BEAST doesn't suck, he rocks as an X-man and an Avenger, probably his most impressive feats are with the X-men yes

Oh and It'll probably tell you on the link who is writing this "skeet fest" yes

xmarksthespot
Decimation & House of M, what do they both have in common? Mutants. What do they also both have in common? They sucked.

Nobdoy cares about mutants anymore, that's why X-Books are on the decline and Avenger books are on their way up wink.

I won't be buying this, downloading maybe, not buying. Astonishing X-Men has consistently received critical favour and has consistently been a best seller. Peter David's current X-Factor stuff is good. I haven't been keeping up with Mike Carey's adjectiveless but I've heard good things, despite the meh Bachalo art.

I haven't been particularly impressed with New Avengers overall, nor has Mighty Avengers succeeded in piquing my interest greatly.

So while House of M sucked I'd look to the writer rather than the characters that were written.
Pretty much

People just got tired of the whole, "Oh he got his powers just by being born with them." thing

Nowdays, Genitic Inheritince is in (AKA JSA) People got tired from people gaining their powers through genetics.

Nowadays, getting powers through genetics is in?

Darth Vicious
I believe Joe Quesada felt some writers were taking the easy way out by creating characters and just making them mutants to explain their powers. While I think that HoM wasnt that good, the end was excellent in that it removed 95% or so of the mutant population and now the X-men/mutants are back to square one. I agree with X, Astonishing X-men has been one of the best and consistent X-men titles in a while and Uncanny X-men and X-men while not at the same level are very good on their own. X-factor has been very consistent as well.

Martian_mind
Cause you say,say,say say that you love me.

Mobra
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
People got tired from people gaining their powers through genetics.

Nowadays, getting powers through genetics is in? laughing

Anyway. Grant hurt the shit out of X-Whatever, but he hasn't totally murdered it for me. . .

I can only hope that Beast gets to show offhow badass he is for a change.

willRules
Originally posted by Mobra
I can only hope that Beast gets to show offhow badass he is for a change.

I agree yes

CasanoVa
Astonishing X-Men has consistently received critical favour and has consistently been a best seller. Peter David's current X-Factor stuff is good. I haven't been keeping up with Mike Carey's adjectiveless but I've heard good things, despite the meh Bachalo art.

I haven't been particularly impressed with New Avengers overall, nor has Mighty Avengers succeeded in piquing my interest greatly.

So while House of M sucked I'd look to the writer rather than the characters that were written.

I pick up Astonishing and X-factor, BUT in the nineties they were Marvel's largest earners.. that's where they got their money from a huge amount of the time. That's why Heroes Reborn happened and left the world with only mutants, and it sucked.

Now Avenger books seem to be all the rage, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers: The Initiative, Avengers Classic etc. and the last and next big events are focusing on something other than mutants for once.

I don't mind mutants, I used to like them back in the nineties.. but I got a bit fed up of them as of late, especially 'cause of the hole Decimation/House of M thing.

{{QS}}
It looks good, at least its better than world war hulk.

willRules
yes

Nataku8188
If they went from endangered to extinct I'd be happy, otherwise, don't care.

Sin I AM
y do u mock wwh, ive read all the planet hulk books andthough the lasttwo were rushed, it was nicely witten comic book....I just despise pessimism for the sake of being pessimistic

Grimm22
Astonishing X-Men has consistently received critical favour and has consistently been a best seller. Peter David's current X-Factor stuff is good. I haven't been keeping up with Mike Carey's adjectiveless but I've heard good things, despite the meh Bachalo art.

No, people are just sick of characters getting powers magicly through the power of evolution. Of course, the biggest flaw in the whole mutant gene thing is that EVOLUTION DOESN"T WORK THAT WAY!

I mean what conceivable purpose can laser eyes serve?!?

grey fox
No, people are just sick of characters getting powers magicly through the power of evolution. Of course, the biggest flaw in the whole mutant gene thing is that EVOLUTION DOESN"T WORK THAT WAY!

.....Cook your food ? blink

manorastroman
it's not that evolution gave somebody laser eyes, it's that evolution gave somebody an x-gene, which happened to result in laser eyes.

srankmissingnin

I won't be buying this, downloading maybe, not buying.

It's not that no one cares about mutants, its' that people only care about Wolverine and Spider-man. stick out tongue

Spider-man and Wolverine join the Avengers? Cool! Sales boost for the Avengers titles. Now you have to buy all the Avengers titles incase of a cameo! cool

Wolverine is no longer on any of the x-men rosters? Decline in sales for the X-Men! (Sure he is on the Astonishing... but one issue a year isn't worth talking about.) sad

willRules
Hey I'm just happy Beast is getting some spotlight for this yes

Grinning Goku

Survival. If you're in a dark alley, and a bunch of radioactive raccoons are approaching you, wanting to dine on your entrails; you'll thank your lucky stars that you can shoot lasers out of your eyes. Hell, you'll be thankful if you can shoot them out of your arse.

http://kungfukitten.diaryland.com/images/raccoonlite.jpg

willRules
fear

What If...
You act like this hasn't been happening for the past....40 years.

Mutants aren't anything new, there is nothing really to get sick of for basically as long as mainstream Marvel has been around, mutants have been around.

Validus
It's a comic book. ermmnone

I pretty much dislike all things X except Astonishing but the points you're making are rather petty and mostly unimportant.

Big Sexy
I think the X books are suffering from,"2 many titles syndrome". With so many titles the majority of their books seem bland, uninspired, and repeated.

Grimm22

I pretty much dislike all things X except Astonishing but the points you're making are rather petty and mostly unimportant.

Yeah, but it still bothers me erm

*Sob* I can't help it if all my opinions are pointless and make no sense sad stick out tongue

CasanoVa

That's cause you suck.

X-Factor: Go buy it if you already don't, or pick up the trades, or download it. I don't care, I'm not a hypocrite unlike Dan Slott erm

But yeah, it rocks.

The rest of them are pretty weak in comparison.

ExodusCloak
Astonishing X-Men and X-Factor are great. So is New X-Men.

Carey's X-Men arcs are a rinse and repeat, although I do have a personal bias to his X-Men Annual, I'll reserve my judgement till the upcoming X-over.

I'm not that big a fan of X-Men First Class, thing is everyone but me seems to like it.

Uncanny X-Men is just a waste of paper. Brubakers Shiar arc is utter garbage. Drawn out, no team dynamic at all and Vulcan was getting on my nerves till recently. Only good thing is Gladiator had a few moments to shine. eg. Punking a Phoenix Host, and Two Phoenix-lites.

Wolverine Origins is utter crap. Not going to comment on his on going series because I don't want to be chased by an angry mob with pitch forks.

ExodusCloak
Mutants just keep on dying:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?p=3687281#post3687281

outavodka

Carey's X-Men arcs are a rinse and repeat, although I do have a personal bias to his X-Men Annual, I'll reserve my judgement till the upcoming X-over.

I'm not that big a fan of X-Men First Class, thing is everyone but me seems to like it.

Uncanny X-Men is just a waste of paper. Brubakers Shiar arc is utter garbage. Drawn out, no team dynamic at all and Vulcan was getting on my nerves till recently. Only good thing is Gladiator had a few moments to shine. eg. Punking a Phoenix Host, and Two Phoenix-lites.

Wolverine Origins is utter crap. Not going to comment on his on going series because I don't want to be chased by an angry mob with pitch forks.
Agree with all Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Mutants just keep on dying:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?p=3687281#post3687281
Damn Cal...always liked him too bad. Is that bum version Magneto or is Masque a man now?

pr1983

i don't like it either... stick out tongue

llagrok
Originally posted by manorastroman
it's not that evolution gave somebody laser eyes, it's that evolution gave somebody an x-gene, which happened to result in laser eyes.

Exactly. It's nothing more than the colour of your eye really.

I think it's about time the X-Men starts worrying about something else than their political agenda. The mutant race is dying, and once again it's Beast's time to shine. There's no Moira McTaggert to help him out this time though :/

Won't be the same art as in x-men will it?

Big Sexy

Wolverine Origins is utter crap. Not going to comment on his on going series because I don't want to be chased by an angry mob with pitch forks. agreed. Uncanny took 12 issue to tell what could have been told in 4.

llagrok

Good post.

I agree with most of what you're sayign, but I'm personally not too fond of the art in X-men.

Haven't read first class yet, what's so good/bad about it?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by llagrok
Good post.

I agree with most of what you're sayign, but I'm personally not too fond of the art in X-men.

Haven't read first class yet, what's so good/bad about it? Its not that bad. Its basically a retelling of some of the X-mens earliest battles.

llagrok
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Its not that bad. Its basically a retelling of some of the X-mens earliest battles.

Have we seen all the battles? Or are there some new ones as well?

Does anyone think we'll see Quicksilver in endangered species?

outavodka
Have we seen all the battles? Or are there some new ones as well?

Does anyone think we'll see Quicksilver in endangered species? I wouldnt want to, with QS mutant will only turn into inhuman or some shit and retcons hapn n shit with him time traveling n shit

Grimm22
Pietro needs to be killed off erm

Seriously, his character has been so butchered at this point its just getting kind of sad

CasanoVa
Pietro needs to be killed off erm

Seriously, his character has been so butchered at this point its just getting kind of sad

What a funny thing to say.

Son of M - Best thing to come out of House of M
X Factor - Easily the best X title (consistenly) out at the moment
Silent War - Awesome mini straight off the bat of Son of M

Pietro is easily far better as a villain than as a hero, his character has been far from butchered; reading Silent War and X Factor, this is very apparent, they are doing nothing but building upon his character.

Grimm22
What a funny thing to say.

Son of M - Best thing to come out of House of M
X Factor - Easily the best X title (consistenly) out at the moment
Silent War - Awesome mini straight off the bat of Son of M

Pietro is easily far better as a villain than as a hero, his character has been far from butchered; reading Silent War and X Factor, this is very apparent, they are doing nothing but building upon his character.

I guess erm

As long as I have Ult. Quicksilver i'm fine then big grin

outavodka
I guess erm

As long as I have Ult. Quicksilver i'm fine then big grin That i can agree on. I like QS far more when he was an Avenger or at least whooped ass with random heroes, thats when he made people look stupid.

lordboo
xavier may be killed off,that would have a big impact.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by lordboo
xavier may be killed off,that would have a big impact. I doubt it. He just got his telepathy back for the upteenth time.

outavodka
I doubt it. He just got his telepathy back for the upteenth time. So did Cable and it could be him.
Dont Forget it could be Rogue as well, we only see her cloak not her "Rogue"...

Big Sexy
Just read x-men 99. Rogue can't catch a break. Her touch now causes instant death.

grey fox
Just read x-men 99. Rogue can't catch a break. Her touch now causes instant death.

laughing

willRules
lol

BUMP

ExodusCloak
Eh...what the heck is going on with Xavier and Emma? Is that a telepathic slapping contest? Or not..

http://comics.ign.com/articles/792/792138p1.html

And X-Men #200 preview. Someone in this issue is gonna die. The funeral is carried onto Endangered Species.:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/792/792131p1.html

willRules
Who do you guys reckon will bite the dust?

Grimm22
Eh...what the heck is going on with Xavier and Emma? Is that a telepathic slapping contest? Or not..

http://comics.ign.com/articles/792/792138p1.html

And X-Men #200 preview. Someone in this issue is gonna die. The funeral is carried onto Endangered Species.:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/792/792131p1.html

Jeese even at a funeral Emma still dresses like a **** bored

willRules
That's a bad thing? confused

ExodusCloak
Who do you guys reckon will bite the dust?

Whoever it is they appear to have a lot of family.

willRules
Cannonball? Is Husk dead yet?

manjaro
ive said it a million times but those pooor xmen just cant catch a break....on a side note tho i really enjoyed brubaker's shiar arc... cuz for a minute there i really thought it was gonna be classic xmen bullshit(claremont era) where everything would wrap up nice and neatly and everyone would get what they want...and end of story..

i was really steeling myself for the inevitable thinking.. gee this is the part where someone delivers an emotionally appealing speech to vulcan, how killing and revenge is wrong and how killing would make you no better than the bad guys and killing wont bring your loved ones back and then boom....he comes to his senses and abandons his murderous crusade, and they all go back to the xmen mansion and grant him probationary membership like they have done with an assload of ppl who have tried to kill them over the years,...what was that? you want me to name a few...well ok....umm magneto, juggernaut, mystique, sabertooth, polaris, rogue, lady ,masterind, emma frost.

but then to my surprise vulcan owned everybody, killed d'ken and now he rules an empire and the x-fools have egg on there faces...its truly a beautiful day in the neighborhoodcrycry

ExodusCloak
http://marvel.com/catalog/?date=2007-08

Read the Solicits for X-Men #202 and New X-Men #41...Beast digging up corpses?

outavodka
Cannonball? Is Husk dead yet? F*CK NO!!!! cannonball better not die

willRules
Well I just named a couple of characters who come from big families

alra121
I just read a preview of Endangered Species, and it shows Wolverine kneeling in front of a gravestone with the name Monroe on it. I assume they mean Storm

So we need to wait and see, but that would be a shocker.

willRules
Wow. I doubt she will bite the dust though, it might just be a promo image. I saw one like that with Bishop's name on and one which had Summers written on it and I doubt they will die. I'd like her to but I doubt she will yes

snoopdogg
Well the issue came out today. Somebody let the spoilers out.

Disappear
apparently there's a funeral and a lot of chit-chat amongst the gathered mutants.

Grimm22
http://marvel.com/catalog/?date=2007-08

Read the Solicits for X-Men #202 and New X-Men #41...Beast digging up corpses?

Am I the only one concerned with the fact that Beast is digging up graves?!? shock

Symmetric Chaos
Am I the only one concerned with the fact that Beast is digging up graves?!? shock

I'm sure he has a good reason.

Hopefully it involves a corpse, KittyPride and 3 kilos of Jell-o.

Disappear
three kilos of jello would be a ridiculously small amount for anything they might be trying to accomplish.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Disappear
three kilos of jello would be a ridiculously small amount for anything they might be trying to accomplish.

ermm Then maybe you don't want to be in my head.

Disappear
post-mortem implants? you're a sick little man...

Darth Vicious
Im sure he is checking for traces of the x-gene in mutants who died prior to House of M to check how bad was Wanda's spell.

srankmissingnin

Finally, a member of the X-Men I can relate to!~

The Unknown
Wow. I doubt she will bite the dust though, it might just be a promo image. I saw one like that with Bishop's name on and one which had Summers written on it and I doubt they will die. I'd like her to but I doubt she will yes

I think that scene is supposed to take place in the distant future, because it looks like there are also graves of all the other X-Men.

capt it up
Originally posted by The Unknown
I think that scene is supposed to take place in the distant future, because it looks like there are also graves of all the other X-Men.
ya ecpt wolverine he was not there at the time.

Grimm22
Wait, did the one shot come out this week? confused

If so, anybody have scans shifty

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by The Unknown
It seem like a it was a scene from "Days of Future Past"

xmarksthespot
Just read the one-shot -- basically just a set-up issue where not much happened. But the writing and art were okay.

willRules
Just read the one-shot -- basically just a set-up issue where not much happened. But the writing and art were okay.

I agree. It had a nice ending though with Logan and Cyke moaning that it's game over for Mutant-kind but the pathetic fallacy of the stormy weather turning into sunshine brings it nicely into introducing "Messiah Complex."

Personally I'd like to know who Mutant-kind's "Messiah" is. At the moment my money's on either Beast or Mr Sinister yes

Symmetric Chaos
Personally I'd like to know who Mutant-kind's "Messiah" is. At the moment my money's on either Beast or Mr Sinister yes

Or Cable none180

willRules
Possibly although I heard the main characters in Messiah complex were Beast, Sinister, Gambit and his Marauders, Xavier(?) and Mystique.

GGS
Wikipedia:

Cyclops will play a crucial role in the upcoming X-Men: Messiah Complex crossover. It is suspected amoung fans that he is the Messiah for the Mutant Race.

^ The lesson to be learned is don't believe everything wikipedia says.

willRules
It may be true yes

Grimm22
Gambit better not EVER come back to the xmen ever again after this

Seriously how many times has he betrayed them? More than a dozen times now?

llagrok
Gambit better not EVER come back to the xmen ever again after this

Seriously how many times has he betrayed them? More than a dozen times now?

I can't think of one time he has betrayed them.

He joined Apocalypse to keep an eye on him smile

Grimm22
I can't think of one time he has betrayed them.

He joined Apocalypse to keep an eye on him smile

Mutant Massacre no expression

llagrok
Mutant Massacre no expression

Yes?

That wasn't his fault, he had no idea what he was starting. He tried to save Marrow didn't he?

GGS
Didn't he lie about mystique being on the team for a little while as well? Then again even cyclops and prof x have betrayed the team before smile

Evil_Ash
Well, I'm glad to see Sinister doing something that DOESN'T involve killing Apocalypse....

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Well, I'm glad to see Sinister doing something that DOESN'T involve killing Apocalypse....

Yeah.. That's really getting old, because come on, anybody can kill Apocalypse nowadays erm.

Evil_Ash
Yeah.. That's really getting old, because come on, anybody can kill Apocalypse nowadays erm.

Not to mention that basically any mutant that has a history with Apocalypse has wanted to kill him...

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Not to mention that basically any mutant that has a history with Apocalypse has wanted to kill him...

Yeah, Apocalypse is pretty boring for me now, I don't find him a credible threat at all erm.

But I'm glad to see that X-Factor (undoubtedly for me the best X title) will be involved in this, Madrox owns.

Evil_Ash
Yeah, Apocalypse is pretty boring for me now, I don't find him a credible threat at all erm.

Apocalypse needs to retconned. Like Annihilus.

With him being taken away by the Celestials, something like that is possibly going to happen...

Grimm22

But I'm glad to see that X-Factor (undoubtedly for me the best X title) will be involved in this, Madrox owns.

X-Factor is great, but I wouldn't call it the BEST X-book

Hell the only BAD X-books nowadays are Ult.X-men, Uncanny X-Men and Excalibur (Is Exiles an X-Book?)

Oh and the Wolverine books too

CasanoVa
X-Factor is great, but I wouldn't call it the BEST X-book

Hell the only BAD X-books nowadays are Ult.X-men, Uncanny X-Men and Excalibur (Is Exiles an X-Book?)

Oh and the Wolverine books too

X Factor is easily the best for me, Astonishing probably is better (but the lateness makes me enjoy it far less than I would).

Uncanny's not too bad erm, hopefully it'll pick up now its not focused on Vulcan.

Darth Vicious
I agree. It had a nice ending though with Logan and Cyke moaning that it's game over for Mutant-kind but the pathetic fallacy of the stormy weather turning into sunshine brings it nicely into introducing "Messiah Complex."

Beast seems the likely choice if he finds a "cure" or a way to reverse Wanda's spell. Then again Mr. Sinister can also do so.

Entity
Beast seems the likely choice if he finds a "cure" or a way to reverse Wanda's spell. Then again Mr. Sinister can also do so. Watch Logan turn out to be the Messiah! laughing

pr1983
i still don't know if i liked this issue or not... seemed to be stretching out something that could have been done in a few pages...

btw, does anyone know what the hell was up with that shot of cyke firing into the sky?

willRules
Originally posted by pr1983
the hell was up with that shot of cyke firing into the sky?

Stress? Frustration from one of the possible saviours for the mutant race smile

pr1983
Stress? Frustration from one of the possible saviours for the mutant race smile

lol, i know that, i meant the effect, like his blast was hitting something...

manjaro
well from what i know of cyke's blast it dissipates before it leaves the atmosphere, so nothing more than it just ionised the atmospehere to make it rain.

pr1983
Originally posted by manjaro
well from what i know of cyke's blast it dissipates before it leaves the atmosphere, so nothing more than it just ionised the atmospehere to make it rain.

i guess thats possible...

willRules
Originally posted by manjaro

That's how I saw it as well.

Overall I was surprised by this issue, I thought I wouldn't like it for it's lack of action but it was entertaining to see some good character developments especially from Xavier, Bishop and Wolverine. I'm also loving the fact that beast will be receiving lotsa limelight for a change yes

starlock
well i was surprised to see who beast was talknig to at the end of the first part of this arch..alot of people i would not have guessed

I do think 17 parts is a little too much for a story arch..but hey it was nice to see gambit*

Grimm22
I have too say i'm not impressed with this entire idea of mutants being called an "endangered species".

Mainly because, to me, mutants are not a species. They are just humans with powers. Thats all.

It kind of pisses me off how the xmen have the nerve to call themselves a different species when the only difference between humans and mutants is the x-gene.

Symmetric Chaos
I have too say i'm not impressed with this entire idea of mutants being called an "endangered species".

Mainly because, to me, mutants are not a species. They are just humans with powers. Thats all.

It kind of pisses me off how the xmen have the nerve to call themselves a different species when the only difference between humans and mutants is the x-gene.

Biologically they're not a different species since (on the whole) they can produce viable progeny when paired with humans.

Big words ftw smartass

Symmetric Chaos
edit

Alfheim

Anyway all human beings can become mutants because all humans have the ability to develop super powers through discipline. This seems to imply that all humans can develop or have a dormant x-gene.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Alfheim
Anyway all human beings can become mutants because all humans have the ability to develop super powers through discipline. This seems to imply that all humans can develop or have a dormant x-gene.

All human beings can become mutants? Im sorry but thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. A Marvel mutant is someone who is born with the X-factor, the x-gene. The x-gene is not present in normal humans no matter how much they wanted or how much discipline they have.

Alfheim
All human beings can become mutants? Im sorry but thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. A Marvel mutant is someone who is born with the X-factor, the x-gene. The x-gene is not present in normal humans no matter how much they wanted or how much discipline they have.

The x-gene enables you to have superhuman powers. All human beings have the ability to develop psionic powers eg Dr Strange, all the numerous people that have learnt magic, all the tibetan monks in the marvel universe have psionic powers.

If you can learn to have powers through discipline and the x-gene gives you powers, I guess all human beings have a dormant one or can develop it.

Symmetric Chaos
The x-gene enables you to have superhuman powers. All human beings have the ability to develop psionic powers eg Dr Strange, all the numerous people that have learnt magic, all the tibetan monks in the marvel universe have psionic powers.

If you can learn to have powers through discipline and the x-gene gives you powers, I guess all human beings have a dormant one or can develop it.

All people with an active Xgene have powers, not all people with powers have an active Xgene.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
All people with an active Xgene have powers, not all people with powers have an active Xgene.

Are you sure? As far as I know when somebody gains powers they have an x-gene eg Spiderman is a mutant but not a born one. Thats why he developed powers when he got bit by the Spider.

Symmetric Chaos
Are you sure? As far as I know when somebody gains powers they have an x-gene eg Spiderman is a mutant but not a born one. Thats why he developed powers when he got bit by the Spider.

Spiderman is considered a mutate rather than a mutant.

Hercules

I prefer the term "Altered human" 313

xmarksthespot
Spider-Man doesn't have the X-gene. no expression

Alfheim
Originally posted by Hercules
I prefer the term "Altered human" 313

You got that from the MSH role playing game. big grin

I was under the impresion the reason why normal humans gain powers from radiation was because they have a dormant x gene regardless of whatever you call them.

Hercules
You got that from the MSH role playing game. big grin

Yes I did! big grin laughing

Alfheim
Originally posted by Hercules
Yes I did! big grin laughing

Got yah! I swear it says in the game altered humans are mutants. for example in the Ultimate Powers booklet it calls altered humans induced mutants.

Characters like Spiderman have been called mutants no expression

Darth Vicious

Dr. Strange doesnt have an x-gene, his powers are magic based. Magic can be learned, it doesnt change ur genetics.

The spider altered his genes, same as the toxic waste did to DD. Like it was said, theyre just "altered humans".

A Marvel mutant is someone who is born with the x-gene and gains his/her powers because of it and not because of outside sources such as, toxic waste, magic spiders, serums etc.

willRules

And I've been called a kung fu lizard monster. Doesn't make it true yes

ExodusCloak
Anyone pick up UXM 488 yet? I heard Doom admitted that Biology wasn't his forte? High Evolutionary was apparently the most useful out of the bad guys.

SpunkySmurph

Martian_mind
Fairly sure they've made spideys powers mystic in origion thgese days.

Darth Vicious
Anyone pick up UXM 488 yet? I heard Doom admitted that Biology wasn't his forte? High Evolutionary was apparently the most useful out of the bad guys.
Is out already??

Hercules
Got yah! I swear it says in the game altered humans are mutants. for example in the Ultimate Powers booklet it calls altered humans induced mutants.

Yeah induced mutants as in the mutation isn't natural.

Really Hulk is a mutant becuase the radiation mutated his body, in fact the FF are mutated as are a lot of Superhumans.

But in Marvel to show the difference between those born with the X gene and those mutated by other means they say Mutants and Mutates.

Grimm22

Doom admitted he wasn't the best at something?!? What the f**k?

Who the f*ck is writing this?!?

xmarksthespot
Doom admitted he wasn't the best at something?!? What the f**k?

Who the f*ck is writing this?!? I think Mike Carey. It's pretty off for Doom to admit it... humility isn't exactly his middle name... but is it really his forte anyway? When I think Doom, I generally think robotics and engineering.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>