Qui-Gon Jinn vs Quinlan Vos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Qui by TPM and Quin by ROTS. Just curious...

jollyjim311
I'm going with Qui Gon. He's a beast!

allfg
Quinlan has the clear battle experience edge here, though I'm not sure who I'd say is more skilled or masterful of the saber. It's a close one.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Vos cause he looks sorta black.

Riverollv
Id say Vos

Count Makashi
Oui-Gon Jinn, because Dooku was his master and he toyed with Vos.

xxXAcStylesXxx
^That makes sense...

darthsith19
Well, at my site we had this match in the tournament thread (you can look their if you want, kamikz, you still got the link? It's the first page of the tournament thread, but I won't post the link here for anyone to go to). Quinlan won with a 3-2 vote, and I was one of the ones who voted for Quinlan. It's be very, very close, though. Here is some of the stuff that I said and other people said on my site:

Quinlan's younger, stronger, in better shape (though Qui-Gon's not in bad shape) and he has kileld more than one Dark Side Acolyte.

Has killed Volfe Karkko, Sora Bulq, wtf pwnd Tol Skorr, was able to summon Force Lightning with no training in that category, and kicked tons of ass in EU.

Vos survived Order 66, successfully convinced Dooku that he turned to the Dark Side when he really didn't and, after truly turning to the Dark Side, convinced the Jedi Council Members that he was really on the good side still.

I would say in a saber duel they would perhaps be equal except Qui-Gon is more likely to tire out faster, giving Quinlan a slight edge in a saber fight. However, Qui-Gon was strong enough in the Force that he taught hismelf to return from the dead, and so I would put Qui-Gon's Force Skills above Quinlan's, but will Qui-Gon use them in a fight? He didn't when he fought Maul.

Quinlan also beat Tol Skor and Kadrien Say at the same time, Jinn could maybe do that but not as easily as Vos did. Plus ROTS Vos is even a little bit stronger than he was when he beat them.

Vos has bigger biceps than Jinn does, too. cool

Riverollv
Yeah, Vos is faster and stronger, so i say this gives him a slight advantage in saber combat.

jollyjim311
Qui Gon was on par with TPM Mace. Mace during the Clone Wars (I realize Mace was much more powerful then, but, hear me out) put Vos on his ass with one move.

I'm taking Qui Gon. I doubt Vos couldn't hold off a constant assault from Qui Gon long enough for him to tire out.

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Qui Gon was on par with TPM Mace. Mace during the Clone Wars (I realize Mace was much more powerful then, but, hear me out) put Vos on his ass with one move.

I'm taking Qui Gon. I doubt Vos couldn't hold off a constant assault from Qui Gon long enough for him to tire out.
Actually, Qui-Gon rivaled TPM Mace Windu. So he wasn't on pr with him, just close. Mace did put Vos on his ass in one move. however, he used the Force to put him on his ass during a lightsaber sparring session. They were only supposed to fight with sabers, Vos had no way of knowing that mace was going to use the Force. And then, Soda put up a pretty good fight against Mace and ROTS Vos is about even with Sora. So he'd be at least kinda close to ROTS Mace, who's far superior to TPM Mace. I know we don't know a lot about TPM Mace's powers but Anoon Bondara was stated to have better saber skills than Mace and he lost to Maul, and I read Jedi Council: Acts of War and Mace fought in it and did good but he didn't seem to be overly impressive in it.

I also see no reason why Vos wouldn't be able to hold of a constant assault from Qui-Gon. More likely jinn won't be able to hold off a constant assault against Vos...

Advent
Originally posted by darthsith19
Actually, Qui-Gon rivaled TPM Mace Windu.

And, for curiosity's sake, where does it say this? It certainly isn't in the TPM novelization, because the word 'rival', and the name 'Mace Windu' don't even appear in the same sentence (nor do anything regarding Windu's skill, as far as I've read over). So, provide the quote, and source.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Qui-Gon takes this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.