top level alpha mutants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
which alpha mutants are at the of the tier

capt it up
depends what you mean. Logan power level is extremely high, but it deffensive power.

Joey Stacks
Probably

Professor X
Magneto
Exodus
Storm
Havok
Polaris

capt it up
prof x is an omega.

Joey Stacks
Since when?

SpunkySmurph
Since he was reffered to as one in some arc Capt's about to name... I've heard it before, but I forget which arc.

Darth Macabre
Gambit.
New Sun.

batdude123
Mad Jimmy Jay.

Oh, and Charles is Alpha.

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
which alpha mutants are at the of the tier

James Braddock

TricksterPriest
New Sun is omega. Gambit is potential omega at full potential. I'd put Stryfe up there on the Alpha list easily. Apocalypse, Pulse, Sinister, Cassandra Nova, Darwin, Deadpool (if you're putting Wolverine on that list, you have to put DP on, his HF is better), Quinton Quire's a possibility, Invisible Woman (technically her mutation is cosmic ray based, but it's still mutant), Namor, and I'm out of ideas for the moment.

Edit: MJJ and Jamie are way over Alpha, and Omega even. They could beat pretty everyone we've named up to this point.

Endless Mike
MJJ has got to be Omega.... going by feats he's the most powerful mutant ever.

Joey Stacks
Kid Omega's an alpha confused

lordboo
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
New Sun is omega. Gambit is potential omega at full potential. I'd put Stryfe up there on the Alpha list easily. Apocalypse, Pulse, Sinister, Cassandra Nova, Darwin, Deadpool (if you're putting Wolverine on that list, you have to put DP on, his HF is better), Quinton Quire's a possibility, Invisible Woman (technically her mutation is cosmic ray based, but it's still mutant), Namor, and I'm out of ideas for the moment.

Edit: MJJ and Jamie are way over Alpha, and Omega even. They could beat pretty everyone we've named up to this point.

is sinister a mutant,I'm not sure he was born with the x gene?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by lordboo
is sinister a mutant,I'm not sure he was born with the x gene? No, he got his powers throuigh experminetation and Apocalypse. Originally posted by TricksterPriest
New Sun is omega. Gambit is potential omega at full potential. Edit: MJJ and Jamie are way over Alpha, and Omega even. They could beat pretty everyone we've named up to this point. erm I don't know if New Sun is an Omega.

ExodusCloak
The only Official Omega Mutants I recall are:

Kid Omega, Iceman, Jean Grey, Elixir, Mr M, Vulcan, Franklin Richards. And then Mr Immortal and Rachel Grey(Which are a very iffy ones)

HoM Wanda, Jamie Braddock, Mad Jim Jaspers, New Sun Gambit, Legion, Proteus are all alpha's/unknown until a reference is made in a comic.

BTW Being an Omega is about power. It's about potential.

Soljer
New sun isn't an Omega.

He burned out. Infinite potential....doesn't burn out.

capt it up
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Since he was reffered to as one in some arc Capt's about to name... I've heard it before, but I forget which arc.

it was the first issue that vulcan was ever in they state chalie as a powerful omega.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

BTW Being an Omega is about power. It's about potential.

embarrasment I meant isn't...it isn't about power.

Originally posted by capt it up
it was the first issue that vulcan was ever in they state chalie as a powerful omega.

Deadly Genesis #1? Really I have to go and check that.

capt it up
embarrasment I meant isn't...it isn't about power.

Deadly Genesis #1? Really I have to go and check that.
ya when they get a massive omega level mutant reading they it had to be charlie

ExodusCloak
ya when they get a massive omega level mutant reading they it had to be charlie

The Omega Plus reading? The one where Emma gets fried by the backlash?

Nah they didn't say that.

They didn't know what/who it was. Eventually they learn that it's Gabriel.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4838/xmendeadlygenesis01pagedq7.th.jpghttp://img480.imageshack.us/img480/3017/xmendeadlygenesis01pagejx3.th.jpg

capt it up
The Omega Plus reading? The one where Emma gets fried by the backlash?

Nah they didn't say that.

They didn't know what/who it was. Eventually they learn that it's Gabriel.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4838/xmendeadlygenesis01pagedq7.th.jpghttp://img480.imageshack.us/img480/3017/xmendeadlygenesis01pagejx3.th.jpg
no I am postive they say it later. I think scot or wolverine say it. When I go I will look and see which pannel it is.

ExodusCloak
no I am postive they say it later. I think scot or wolverine say it. When I go I will look and see which pannel it is.

Later on? Cool, will be waiting.

pr1983
Later on? Cool, will be waiting.

i think they say it in the cockpit of the jet... for once i agree with capt on this one, they do heavily indicate that xavier is an omega...

Loot

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by pr1983
i think they say it in the cockpit of the jet... for once i agree with capt on this one, they do heavily indicate that xavier is an omega...

Ah this?

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7108/xmendeadlygenesis01pageeb4.th.jpghttp://img487.imageshack.us/img487/892/xmendeadlygenesis01pageah1.th.jpg

In all honesty though, that's a bit of a stretch don't you think?stick out tongue

pr1983
Ah this?

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7108/xmendeadlygenesis01pageeb4.th.jpghttp://img487.imageshack.us/img487/892/xmendeadlygenesis01pageah1.th.jpg

In all honesty though, that's a bit of a stretch don't you think?stick out tongue

maybe, but its definately the impression i got...

capt it up

capt it up
Ah this?

ya thats it and it not sketch they clearly indecate that charlie was an omega.

Priest
1st -Wolverine

2nd-Magneto

ExodusCloak
ya thats it and it not sketch they clearly indecate that charlie was an omega.

Not really, since it's an off-hand comment by Cyclops which is not based on any kind of factual/scientific evidence. And if you look at the second scan, they immediately come to the conclusion that Xavier was not the one who did it.

Also if you look at this scan, Brubaker isn't even sure himself on the Level of the Unknown mutant. The Omega Mutant signature is easily on Xavier and Magnetos level, possibly Phoenix Level.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4784/xmendeadlygenesis201nd7.th.jpg

You should also remember that being an Omega Level mutant isn't about power it's about potential. You get Alpha mutants are in actual fact more powerful then some Omegas.

pr1983
Not really, since it's an off-hand comment by Cyclops which is not based on any kind of factual/scientific evidence. And if you look at the second scan, they immediately come to the conclusion that Xavier was not the one who did it.

Also if you look at this scan, Brubaker isn't even sure himself on the Level of the Unknown mutant. The Omega Mutant signature is easily on Xavier and Magnetos level, possibly Phoenix Level.

dude, its the big frickin hand that shows them it wasnt xavier, not whether he was alpha or omega... stick out tongue

capt it up

You should also remember that being an Omega Level mutant isn't about power it's about potential. You get Alpha mutants are in actual fact more powerful then some Omegas.
If any one would know prof x powerlevel it been scot and it is evidence it stated in a comic source.

ya of coruse they came to the conculsion prof x does not make stone into different objects lol it not one of his powers.

ExodusCloak
dude, its the big frickin hand that shows them it wasnt xavier, not whether he was alpha or omega... stick out tongue

How about the intro scan then?

I mean that comment is the equavilent to IronMans Possible Omega comment to Storm. And Chambers potential omega comment.

If any one would know prof x powerlevel it been scot and it is evidence it stated in a comic source.

ya of coruse they came to the conculsion prof x does not make stone into different objects lol it not one of his powers.

Again Power does not make an Omega mutant. It's not stated in a comic source, all that scan says Xavier is a powerful mutant. We know that. You get Alpha mutants who are more powerful then Omegas. We've seen this before.
Elixir doesn't spew power but he is still an Omega mutant.

capt it up

I mean that comment is the equavilent to IronMans Possible Omega comment to Storm. And Chambers potential omega comment.
the differnce is scot knows prof x better then any one else and he knows how powerful prof x is.

pr1983

Again Power does not make an Omega mutant. It's not stated in a comic source it says Xavier is a powerful mutant. We know that. You get Alpha mutants who are more powerful then Omegas. We've seen this before.
Elixir doesn't spew power but he is still an Omega mutant.

i see what you mean, and i have dial up, so i cant possibly load an image... stick out tongue

but its xavier... i thought it was always kind of implied that he was one of the top tier mutants... i'd say he was omega pre loss of power, i mean, he held back ALOT...

draxx_tOfU
agree with EC, xavier is not omega...

no expression

he would be top tier alpha along with magneto, havok, cyke, psylocke, cable, polaris etc...

also, isnt nate grey omega?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Soljer
New sun isn't an Omega.

He burned out. Infinite potential....doesn't burn out. Didn't we have a discussion about this before? stick out tongue But, agreed.

Joey Stacks
I think the Cable, Stryfe and Nate chain are stated potentially omega but their human bodies keep them alpha.

ExodusCloak
i see what you mean, and i have dial up, so i cant possibly load an image... stick out tongue

but its xavier... i thought it was always kind of implied that he was one of the top tier mutants... i'd say he was omega pre loss of power, i mean, he held back ALOT...

Xavier is Top tier. But like I said. You get Alpha Levels i.e. Magneto, Xavier, Exodus, Jamie Braddock, HoM Wanda, MJJ. Who are more powerful then some of the Omegas i.e. Elixir.

He held back he was powerful. But there's no actual criteria for being one other then it being stated in a comic.

All the scan says:

Rachel: "You really think there's a chance that it's the Professor Scott?"
Scott: "There's always a chance, Rachel...but I'll be counting on you to pick up his thought patterns once we get close. If isn't him, I want to know who else could be that powerful."

I mean that's really pushing it. erm

the differnce is scot knows prof x better then any one else and he knows how powerful prof x is.

I'd actually disagree on both points seeing how no one seems to really know anything about the bastard known as Professor X. Granted he may know more then others but what he knows is actually very little. Emma even managed to enlighten Scott about a whole different side to Xavier in AXM. Moira knew a lot as well.

pr1983
Xavier is Top tier. But like I said. You get Alpha Levels i.e. Magneto, Xavier, Exodus, Jamie Braddock, HoM Wanda, MJJ. Who are more powerful then some of the Omegas i.e. Elixir.

He held back he was powerful. But there's no actual criteria for being one other then it being stated in a comic.

All the scan says:

Rachel: "You really think there's a chance that it's the Professor Scott?"
Scott: "There's always a chance, Rachel...but I'll be counting on you to pick up his thought patterns once we get close. If isn't him, I want to know who else could be that powerful."

I mean that's really pushing it. erm

thats not the dialogue i remember, and i am not going to drag the comic out from under my bed just to check... stick out tongue

i hate the omega classification... if its going to be the best, then let it be...

Nataku8188
Who the **** cares? Any ranking system that puts Wolverine next to Professor X based on 'mutant potential' is completely fubar.

pr1983
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Who the **** cares? Any ranking system that puts Wolverine next to Professor X based on 'mutant potential' is completely fubar.

true.

capt it up
every one hates wolverine lol.

his readying for an alpha makes a lot more sense then people like angle and beast being ones.

wolverine has a lot of power it just used in a defensive manor

bigbran

his readying for an alpha makes a lot more sense then people like angle and beast being ones.

wolverine has a lot of power it just used in a defensive manor Hey... what about the Angle hate?

Also... why would it make more sense for Wolverine to be an Alpha more than Angle?

Angle can fly.

Soljer
I thought Alpha just meant 'active power with offensive capabilities.'

Or something like that.

Beta is passive power - damn near useless power.

And Epsilon-Delta is latent power.

Pretty much EVERY well-known Mutant (including damn near ALL The X-men) are Alphas.

pr1983

wolverine has a lot of power it just used in a defensive manor

Originally posted by bigbran
Hey... what about the Angle hate?

Also... why would it make more sense for Wolverine to be an Alpha more than Angle?

Angle can fly.

who the f*ck is angle?

spell properly dammit... stick out tongue

capt it up
Hey... what about the Angle hate?

Angle can fly.
ya and? being able to fly makes you more powerful then a man who can regerate his heart after it been torn out?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Soljer
I thought Alpha just meant 'active power with offensive capabilities.'

Or something like that.

Beta is passive power - damn near useless power.

And Epsilon-Delta is latent power.

Pretty much EVERY well-known Mutant (including damn near ALL The X-men) are Alphas.

That's pretty much what I thought. IRRC there's no actual explanation or criteria for being Alpha, Beta, Omega, Epsilon-Delta...etc It all depends on the mood of the writer.

pr1983
ya and? being able to fly makes you more powerful then a man who can regerate his heart after it been torn out?

No, but it has a hell of a visual impact...

and plus, its one of the most common human fantasies, the ability to fly...

bigbran
who the f*ck is angle?

spell properly dammit... stick out tongue I was spelling off of Capt's spelling...

ya and? being able to fly makes you more powerful then a man who can regerate his heart after it been torn out? Um... ya.

capt it up
No, but it has a hell of a visual impact...

and plus, its one of the most common human fantasies, the ability to fly...
yes, but visal impact has nothing to do with power.

capt it up
I was spelling off of Capt's spelling...

Um... ya.
how can you even say that?

healing factor is far more powerful then wings.

ExodusCloak
What threat level is Wolverine listed as in the 198 Files? I'm too lazy to take out my comics.

pr1983
I was spelling off of Capt's spelling...

Um... ya.

i know, im teasing...

yes, but visal impact has nothing to do with power.

really? your jaw has never dropped when a beautiful woman walked in to the room?

Priest
Um... ya.
ownedtongue

bigbran
how can you even say that?

healing factor is far more powerful then wings. Um... because he can fly?

Golly... the Angel hate here is redicules...

capt it up
Um... because he can fly?

Golly... the Angel hate here is redicules...
but flying does not reguire much power at all

no one hates angel he jsut not overly powerful

a healing factor on wolverines level is well beyond angels ability to fly in power levels.

Nataku8188
Wolverine's powers aren't driven even remotely by logic, they are driven completely by comic sales. A human being, given ANY amount of time, cannot regrow a lost limb. Do you know why? Of course you don't, you're an idiot. I'll explain, as simply as possible.

When your body heals, it 'copies' the cells around the injured areas, and then repairs the damaged cells. So, when people get terribly bad burns, they need skin grafts because the cells are damaged beyond all repair. Hence why in marvel handbooks it says extreme burns, acid, and loss of vital organs will kill Logan. Now, giving his mutant power the benefit of the doubt and saying it has the structure of every cell in his body 'saved' and can rebuild them from scratch, even with mutant powers it would take YEARS to grow back organs. Shit man, it takes a fetus nine ****ing months to develop itsy bitsy teeny weeny little organs that don't even ****ing work 100% correctly and are fragile as shit. It takes the better part of 18 years for the human body to correctly assemble itself, and even then, in cases such as yourself, we find that not everything is hooked up right. So to say, there are some dead signals.

If you want to argue logan's powers on a logical level, then you're a ****ing moron. Every 'feat' this bag of shit has is complete and utter misappropriation of the once reasonable character that graced the X-men's comics. If Wolverine lost his ****ing heart, he would die. There is no if ands or buts, you can't talk his powers out of this, he'd ****ing die. His brain would not get enough oxygen, it'd shut down, he'd have probably 10 minutes to regrow his heart (That's being pretty lenient) or die. Even subconscious actions require your ****ing brain to work. If there's no brain to fire impulses, there's no muscle activity.

So, all in all, what I'm really trying to say here is, shut the **** up.

capt it up
What threat level is Wolverine listed as in the 198 Files? I'm too lazy to take out my comics.
at extremely dangerous why?

bigbran
but flying does not reguire much power at all

no one hates angel he jsut not overly powerful

a healing factor on wolverines level is well beyond angels ability to fly in power levels. Oh... so what you're saying is that, Angel is more powerful than Wolverine?

It doesn't require much energy to fly, but Wolverine can't do it...

ExodusCloak
at extremely dangerous why?

I take it you mean "Severe"? Just curious...no particular reason.

pr1983

zing.

Swanky-Tuna
Angel's powers are way better than Wolverine's. As everyone knows, having a healer is far superior to a a pure hero killer.

capt it up

capt it up
Oh... so what you're saying is that, Angel is more powerful than Wolverine?

no he not. just becuase logan can not do it does not make angle mroe powerful.

can angel regrow a head? nope wolverine has .

bigbran

bigbran
no he not. just becuase logan can not do it does not make angle mroe powerful.

can angel regrow a head? nope wolverine has . You just said it doesn't take much power to fly... so why can't Wolverine?

Can Wolverine fly over buildings and stuff with a girl in his hands? Nope, Angel has.

capt it up
I take it you mean "Severe"? Just curious...no particular reason.
ya what ever the highly level is I don't have it infront of me, but I remeber he was the highest level.

capt it up
You just said it doesn't take much power to fly... so why can't Wolverine?

Can Wolverine fly over buildings and stuff with a girl in his hands? Nope, Angel has.

but why does that make him more powerful? Wolverine has thrown a shark can angel no he can't.

They have different powers just becuase there different does not make one morepowerful then the others.

like see scot can't fly, but he hella more powerful then angel.

capt it up
Umm... what?
? what did you not understand

Nataku8188
Ya like pretty much every other comic character what the hell is your point? Comic logic is not remotely close to real world logic.

Then why do you continue to try to argue how Wolverine would win a fight using logic? 'comic' logic is just a nice way of saying, 'writers can makeup whatever they want whenever they want, and if I like it I'll use it to support my stance'.

capt it up
Then why do you continue to try to argue how Wolverine would win a fight using logic? 'comic' logic is just a nice way of saying, 'writers can makeup whatever they want whenever they want, and if I like it I'll use it to support my stance'.

what are you taking about? I am not even arguing wolverine winning a fight at all

dude what your saying is that no character should be allowed.

so no every character in marvel should not beable to do any thing they do becuase real world logic disagree.

please I guess it real logicall for a spider bite to give a peter parker superhuman abilities and be able to shot webbing?

bigbran
but why does that make him more powerful? Wolverine has thrown a shark can angel no he can't.

They have different powers just becuase there different does not make one morepowerful then the others.

like see scot can't fly, but he hella more powerful then angel. Can Wolverine see the world in a different view?

Scott also has a long range attack...

? what did you not understand That gamma rays don't turn you into a hulking monster?
40 years of history have taught us something else...

capt it up
Can Wolverine see the world in a different view?

Scott also has a long range attack...

That gamma rays don't turn you into a hulking monster?
40 years of history have taught us something else...

ar eyou jsut trying to be rediculous on purpose? I was trying to explain that comics are not logical.

so seeing the world in a different view have nothing to do with power.

range again ahs nothing to do with power.

Nataku8188
what are you taking about? I am not even arguing wolverine winning a fight at all

dude what your saying is that no character should be allowed.

so no every character in marvel should not beable to do any thing they do becuase real world logic disagree.

please I guess it real logicall for a spider bite to give a peter parker superhuman abilities and be able to shot webbing?

Your inability to grasp subject matter is amazing. You must be the first generation of mutants.

bigbran
ar eyou jsut trying to be rediculous on purpose? I was trying to explain that comics are not logical.

so seeing the world in a different view have nothing to do with power.

range again ahs nothing to do with power. Purpose...

Also, do you have any proof that gamma rays don't turn someone into the Hulk?
Keep in mind, I have watched the old episodes... so by all means, bring it...

Flying on your own is more than Wolverine...
Would people rather go around and kill people, or would they rather fly around and fight some sort of super flying cats and shit?

capt it up
Your inability to grasp subject matter is amazing. You must be the first generation of mutants.
no I grasp it all perfectly.

you are using real world logic for one character, but not other it called beign bias.

you dislike wolverine a lot so you say he should not be able to heal the way he does becuase of logic. Well that same logic would then have to be apllied to ever other character. Spiderman, Wolverine, Sabertooth, Hulk and so on none of them are logical in the real world sense.

capt it up
Purpose...

Also, do you have any proof that gamma rays don't turn someone into the Hulk?
Keep in mind, I have watched the old episodes... so by all means, bring it...

Flying on your own is more than Wolverine...
Would people rather go around and kill people, or would they rather fly around and fight some sort of super flying cats and shit?

lol now I know your just ****ing around lol. I not gunna even answer this lol

Tha C-Master
I think what Nat is trying to say is that in debates you need logic. Many supporters will say "Wolverine only needs one stab" but that's going off of the "logic" that people die with a stab in a vital organ. It's never happened to a hero in a comic, so why doesn't comic logic apply there? Why do people try bring up fighting skills and ability if "logic" doesn't matter?

bigbran
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I think what Nat is trying to say is that in debates you need logic. Many supporters will say "Wolverine only needs one stab" but that's going off of the "logic" that people die with a stab in a vital organ. It's never happened to a hero in a comic, so why doesn't comic logic apply there? Why do people try bring up fighting skills and ability if "logic" doesn't matter? So, claws don't count for anything these days?

capt it up
I think what Nat is trying to say is that in debates you need logic. Many supporters will say "Wolverine only needs one stab" but that's going off of the "logic" that people die with a stab in a vital organ. It's never happened to a hero in a comic, so why doesn't comic logic apply there? Why do people try bring up fighting skills and ability if "logic" doesn't matter?
that not what he was trying to say in the least I know what he was trying to say, but thanks for giving him a nice excuse to hang too.

any ways most character are done after a stabb they may not die, but they gwet put down.

according to you I guess spiderman being able to lift 15 tons is illogical and should be change or howabout spider sense.

Tha C-Master
that not what he was trying to say in the least I know what he was trying to say, but thanks for giving him a nice excuse to hang too.

No, that wasn't what he was trying to say, but thanks for keeping an argument up out of nowhere.

any ways most character are done after a stabb they may not die, but they gwet put down. But it's never argued that in most instances, one "stab" will do it.

according to you I guess spiderman being able to lift 15 tons is illogical and should be change or howabout spider sense. Nope, not at all. Anyone with any reasonable intelligence knows that logic correlates with all things, and you can still follow suspension of disbelief. I did forget however that most people (about 95%) don't even know what that is, so I won't bother. This isn't a comic book.

Tha C-Master
So, claws don't count for anything these days? smile

capt it up
No, that wasn't what he was trying to say, but thanks for keeping an argument up out of nowhere.

But it's never argued that in most instances, one "stab" will do it.

Nope, not at all. Anyone with any reasonable intelligence knows that logic correlates with all things, and you can still follow suspension of disbelief. I did forget however that most people (about 95%) don't even know what that is, so I won't bother. This isn't a comic book.
you are saying spidersense is fine, but wolverines healing factor is not? Both are illogical.

TricksterPriest
offtopic with regards to the original topic, which we've heavily derailed from........ I know everyone hates these kind of websites, but their classification of Alpha-Zeta level makes alot of sense.

http://marveldatabase.com/Mutant

ALPHA

Alpha mutants have powerful, advantageous mutant traits and no disadvantageous flaws. Perhaps the most feared of mutants, alphas look completely human yet have some of the most powerful abilities recorded. Common belief is that Homo Superior will eventually be formed by all alphas, and therefore alphas are the epitome of mutantkind. Currently it is estimated less than 10% of all mutants are alphas, although given they look human the percentage might be somewhat greater. (Examples of alphas would include Cyclops, Storm, Apocalypse, Gambit, Sunfire, Polaris, Magneto, Mikhail Rasputin, Bishop, Professor X, Psylocke, Havok, Wolverine, Cable and Emma Frost, perfectly human-looking yet having powerful super-abilities.)

BETA

Betas are not weaker than alphas in what power regards, but they are not perfect. Along their advantageous mutations they have minor flaws, sometimes merely cosmetic, but that hinders them in some significant way. It is believed about 10% of all mutants are betas. (Examples of betas would include Angel, Beast, and Nightcrawler.)

GAMMA

Gammas are also powerful mutants, having some impressive gifts, but along with those powers they also have major flaws that make their lives hard, often miserable, and many times, shortened. Roughly 10% of all mutants are gammas, and they are usually easy to recognize, as they are often saddled with important physical defects. (Examples of gammas would be Marrow, Emplate and Maggott.)

DELTA

Delta mutants lack the impressive powers of alphas, but share their lack of flaws. Deltas are mutants with small abilities of little use under most circumstances. The number of deltas in the world is unknown, but it is assumed they are at least 50% of all mutants, and the number could be far greater because a good number of deltas don't even know they are mutants. (Examples of deltas would include characters like Cypher, Domino, and Callisto.)

EPSILON-DELTA

Epsilon-Deltas are mutants who have abilities that are for all purposes latent they dont commonly manifest their powers at all or only under cetain circumstances (i.e. outside influence, trauma, etc.). Though it is highly uncommon for their powers to ever activate at all. Further the classification also includes those whose powers are only activated by physical contact with someone of the same genetic template, commonly siblings, though not limited to that particular familial bond. (Examples would be Joey Bailey, Gailyn Bailey)

EPSILON

Epsilons are the unfortunate ones among Homo Superiors. Epsilons often have minor superhuman traits, but those are overshadowed by crippling major flaws that makes a normal life for them almost completely impossible. It is believed about 20% of all mutants are epsilons, but often is very difficult to distinguish them from gammas. (Examples would be Beak, Tar Baby and Wither)

ZETA

Zetas are not Homo Superior. Zetas are mutants without the X-Factor, and therefore they have no superhuman traits, although some of them (very, very few) have some minor advantages over normal humans. The bulk of the Zetas, however, are victims of their own mutations and in other times would have been relegated to the status of circus freaks. Nowadays, however, zetas are pretty much in the same boat epsilons are, and sometimes form communities with them.

OMEGA

Omega mutants are a certain powerful class of super-powered individuals in the universe to indicate mutants with the ability (or potential) to exist beyond the boundaries of physical existence. Immortality is also a possibility, but not a requirement. Being able to control matter and energy on the sub-molecular scale also seems to be a requirement.

It is speculated that omega implies unlimited and ultimate potential. It is said that humanity sees the result of experiments the Celestials carried out on early lifeforms, on behalf of the abstract entities of the Marvel Universe (Eternity, Death, and so forth). The reason for these experiments was to ensure that a race of beings would eventually evolve that would surpass and in turn replace all of the Abstracts. This would bring about the end of the universe. By creating humanity the Abstracts are ensuring that the cycle of life continues to revolve. This final state of evolution is Phoenix, believed to be what all humanity will eventually become. If this is the same as the "Destiny Force" that the Supreme Intelligence of Kree claims the humanity has the evolutionary potential to reach, is uncertain. Jean Grey is the only person to become the Phoenix; her mutation is referred to as the "ultimate mutation" as a result. Those with omega (the last) potential are the ones closest to reaching this final stage of evolution. Whether their potential results in they themselves turning into Phoenixes (like Jean Grey and Quentin Quire have) or their descendants doing so, within Omega-level mutants lies the potential to bring about the end. Currently the number of Omega-level mutants are small and found only among those mutants already Alpha-level. The group includes officially (Elixir, Iceman, Phoenix, Mister M, Franklin Richards, Quentin Quire, Marvel Girl, Mister Immortal, Chamber & Vulcan)

The rest of the article talks about a kind of synergy, how mutants are drawn to one another, and relatives being resistant to similar mutations from their fellow mutant family members.

Tha C-Master
you are saying spidersense is fine, but wolverines healing factor is not? Both are illogical. I've said nothing, all you do is jump to conclusions. I was simply talking about staying consistent in a logical debate (this had nothing to do with a specific character necessarily), and you as usual, bring up Spiderman. I know I'll never get proof to what you just said I said, but I'll get an excuse.

Go point out where I said that Spidersense was logical, and healing factor was not, because you are making great connections and you are falling short on them.,

capt it up
I've said nothing, all you do is jump to conclusions. I was simply talking about staying consistent in a logical debate (this had nothing to do with a specific character necessarily), and you as usual, bring up Spiderman. I know I'll never get proof to what you just said I said, but I'll get an excuse.

Go point out where I said that Spidersense was logical, and healing factor was not, because you are making great connections and you are falling short on them.,

then what was your point of the comment?

the kid I was argueing was saying logans powers are illogical and should not be allowed and kept whining about them. I stated they were no more illogical then any other character. what was your point in responding? was there a point?

Tha C-Master
Maybe you should ask yourself that since you responded to me out of nowhere and pretty much attacked me for no reason. erm

capt it up
Maybe you should ask yourself that since you responded to me out of nowhere and pretty much attacked me for no reason. erm
you responded first and it was an insult at nat not you. I did not mean it in a serous tone. I ment you were now giving nat. a good excuse to use for being so bias as to use logic for one character, but not another.

Tha C-Master
I didn't respond to you, I was clarifying what I saw, you quoted me and acted like I was supporting him out of some hatred or dislike. It'll be easier just to admit it so we can let it go.

capt it up
I didn't respond to you, I was clarifying what I saw, you quoted me and acted like I was supporting him out of some hatred or dislike. It'll be easier just to admit it so we can let it go.
my quote was not ment to be that way I am sorry if you read it that way. I forgett that emotions are not shown through typing I should have add a smily face.

manjaro
im sure that alan moore just never gotten around to slapping a label on MJJ but im sure he's got to be omega. marvel still hasnt decided whether or not they want to make storm an omega but she's pretty damn close, so as of now the way i see it Exodus, magneto, and storm are the most powerful alphas out there right now. i might even want to throw apocalypse a bone too

TricksterPriest
Storm? She's high up, but definitely not a top alpha IMO. She doesn't have the durability and alot of her feats are highly questionable. thank you for putting Apoc in there though. thumb up

capt it up
storm can do some crazy shit like actaully destrioy the world. It was stated she can controll the line of all the weathe rof the planet though it does a lot of damage to her body she is amazingly powerful

wolverine and sabertooth have some of the best defensive powers in terms of power so does colossus and he ahs the strength.

Tha C-Master
my quote was not ment to be that way I am sorry if you read it that way. I forgett that emotions are not shown through typing I should have add a smily face. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Swanky-Tuna
storm can do some crazy shit like actaully destrioy the world.
Wha? I have no doubts she can mess up the world but I have many about her physically destroying it.

Donkey Punch
I was under the impression an Omega mutant, was one who could survive having their body totally and utterly destroyed, i.e. their meta physical consciousness is seperate totally seperate to the physical attributes of the body. Based on that i'd say the following are Omega;

Vulcan
Xavier
Iceman
Phoenix
Rachel
Cable
Stryffe

e.t.c.

I dont really read the X-men books so I maybe wrong. smile

Although this kind os suggests im right !

Omega mutants are a certain powerful class of super-powered individuals in the universe to indicate mutants with the ability (or potential) to exist beyond the boundaries of physical existence. Immortality is also a possibility, but not a requirement. Being able to control matter and energy on the sub-molecular scale also seems to be a requirement.

capt it up
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Wha? I have no doubts she can mess up the world but I have many about her physically destroying it.
ya if im not msitaken she was stated in an new x-men issue to be able to destroy the world I forgett how though.

Donkey Punch
ya if im not msitaken she was stated in an new x-men issue to be able to destroy the world I forgett how though.

Whose this you are talking about ? smile

capt it up
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
Whose this you are talking about ? smile
storm

manjaro
storm is a top level alpha, she has always been speculated to be a potential Omega, Marvel has been waivering..the same way that they have been waivering on confirming if gladiator was once and for all a herald to G. or not.

you've all heard already that Omega status isnt contingent on power, but it just so happens that storm is extremely powerful. in terms of raw power she can do almost anything magento can, or has threatened to do, like reversing the earth's poles, cuasing volcanic eruptions and possibly dissiapating the ionosphere and destroying all life on Earth..

she can also do almost anything ice man can too, well except for the more technicial stuff. in a nutshell she can do just about anything any elemental or fundamental force weilder if her imagination stretches far enuff.....and i am stressing Almost! here not completely like the others can, so i hope that doesnt spark something unpleasant.

another thing is she is the epitome of "using too much power will burn you out" cuz it's bad enuff that her powers are tied to her emotions and she has a tendency to be emotionally unstable.. starting from claremont days until now we've seen a few instances where if she loses it thw world is in danger.... especially if you all remeber in that arc from 2 yrs ago where the dinos from the savage land mind f ****ed her and she created a hyperstorm that almost destroyed the entire planet....also IIRC if she totally let herself go she is taken over by the spirit of an actual weather goddess( i dont know if that has been retconned tho)

so once storm removes those mental blocks she places on herself and get over her fear of crossing the line and killing ppl, she might advance, but until then she's one of the baddest alphas out there. and thats all there is to it

capt it up
you can't become an omega you are or your not case closed

Joey Stacks
Nate could become one if he got a durable enough body :P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.