Captain Jack's past!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bina
It just hit me. In Star Wars you see that Darth Vadar was not always Darth Vader he had a whole life as Aniken. So what about Captain Jack Sparrow? Maybe he didn't start off a pirate. I mean in the movie we can see he is smart, maybe he got a chance to go to school.

Try to think of possible things that could have happened before COTBP!! Anything at all.

Gravitation

pirate179
OOOOHHH thats interesting thanks for sharing

Gravitation
^.^

bina
wow that does sum it up. But what about before that. You know his before pirate life. What did he do? Schools? jobs? just ideas out of the top of ur head.

Gravitation
He worked for the EITC.

pirate179
love ur siggy gravi

bina
yeah what about other stuff? I have so many ideas. I mean what if he had a family? Be creative people.

murphy83
Originally posted by bina
yeah what about other stuff? I have so many ideas. I mean what if he had a family? Be creative people. One thing I wonder is if he changed his name to Jack Sparrow after he became a pirate, plus how did he get his piece of eight?

bina
what?

pirate179
the pieces of eight are what each of the pirate lords have. am i rite?? embarrasment confused laughing

bina
yeah ur right. I think its a peice of gold. but whatever it is it is passed down to a successer before the die. Barbosa wants Jack because he has a piece of eight and That is what they need to attend the meeting.

pirate179
yep sounds rite

bina
kool. wow talk about confusing. lol.

pirate179
smile

willofthewisp
So Barbossa doesn't have his own? I was under the impression that Jack, Barbossa, and Teague had one each and Sao passes down his to Liz. Is that not right?

bina
Thats not what I heard. I heard Barbossa had to save jack to get to the meeting because he didn't have one.

willofthewisp
Ah. Well, we'll find out. So let me see if I can timeline Jack to make sure we're all clear.

12 years before COTBP: Jack makes deal with Davy Jones to get the Pearl and be captain of it. Davy decides 13 years is enough.

10 years before COTBP: Jack is happily being captain when Barbossa decides Jack would be much happier getting sunstroke on a forsaken island. Takes the coins from the Isla da Muerta, can no longer eat apples or enjoy sex.

8 years before COTBP: Liz Swann goes from England to Caribbean, sees the Black Pearl for the first time, licks Will's wounds for the first time.

COTBP: Jack meets Will and Liz and gets back the Pearl.

1 year after COTBP: Davy lets Jack know time is up, Jack wants to fight about it, falls in love and dies instead.

Assuming Jack is 35 when COTBP takes place, he was 25 when he was marooned and 23 when he got the Pearl in the first place, so he probably didn't work for the EITC for very long. Unless I have this completely wrong.

bina
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Ah. Well, we'll find out. So let me see if I can timeline Jack to make sure we're all clear.

12 years before COTBP: Jack makes deal with Davy Jones to get the Pearl and be captain of it. Davy decides 13 years is enough.

10 years before COTBP: Jack is happily being captain when Barbossa decides Jack would be much happier getting sunstroke on a forsaken island. Takes the coins from the Isla da Muerta, can no longer eat apples or enjoy sex.

8 years before COTBP: Liz Swann goes from England to Caribbean, sees the Black Pearl for the first time, licks Will's wounds for the first time.

COTBP: Jack meets Will and Liz and gets back the Pearl.

1 year after COTBP: Davy lets Jack know time is up, Jack wants to fight about it, falls in love and dies instead.

Assuming Jack is 35 when COTBP takes place, he was 25 when he was marooned and 23 when he got the Pearl in the first place, so he probably didn't work for the EITC for very long. Unless I have this completely wrong.

Wow. Thats to kool. So what do u think will happen now?

willofthewisp
I wonder how much time has passed between the end of DMC and the beginning of AWE. Depending where their ship is, it might have taken a long time to get there. They're going from the Caribbean to Singapore and that could take months back then. I don't think it's a full year, though.

AWE: (my ideal movie) Uh, Jack gets rescued, all the good guys live and everyone that wants to be a pirate stays a pirate.

bina
I don't think so because that might end the movie chezzy. Something bad has to happen to someone.

willofthewisp
lol, just my ideal. Gov. Swann will probably die, possibly Bootstrap. I think someone else will, but I don't want to upset sailorleo.

bina
oh. I don't think bootstrap will because then Will won't have anyone. Especially if Liz says NO!! Yikes for him. YEY for Jack!!

willofthewisp
I wouldn't assume that Liz will choose Jack just because it's less heartbreaking for Will since his dad is alive. If Teague is alive and Jack's dad, then Jack has a dad, too. Plus, a dad is a poor substitute for a lover. My dad's alive and I would still be heartbroken if my fiance left me. Sigh, I guess my most unrealistic hope is that Anamaria will come back and sweep Will off his feet so he won't be alone while Liz comes to her senses and realize Jack loves her.

bina
I wouldn't assume that Liz will choose Jack just because it's less heartbreaking for Will since his dad is alive. If Teague is alive and Jack's dad, then Jack has a dad, too. Plus, a dad is a poor substitute for a lover. My dad's alive and I would still be heartbroken if my fiance left me. Sigh, I guess my most unrealistic hope is that Anamaria will come back and sweep Will off his feet so he won't be alone while Liz comes to her senses and realize Jack loves her.

I here you and completly agree.

Ericadawn
My mom and I have always thought if it were truly realistic to history, then Liz would have married Norrington and Will would have ended up with Estrella.

IheartPocky
estrella?? blink

Ericadawn
Liz' maid

bina
I FOUND THE LINK!! CHECK IT OUT AND COME BACK SO WE CAN TALK BOUT IT. ENJOY EVERY ONE.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesofthecaribbeanatworldsend.html

willofthewisp
There's so much to talk about with it. Thanks for posting the English version.

bina
no prob. So where does everyone want to start?

willofthewisp
I posted this question on another thread, but it works here, too. Jack says 4 people tried to kill him, one succeeded. Who are they?

Will: He fought him in both movies and specifically said he practices fighting so he can kill a pirate when they come around.

Barbossa: He marooned him and fought with him at the end of COTBP.

Liz: She's the one that actually killed him.

Who else is he talking about? I only see Tia, Pintel, and Ragetti there, so I don't know who he means, unless at some point Tia has tried to kill him, but she seems to like him.

bina
OMG!! There is a part on 1:05 where Barbosa says : OUR ENEMYS HAVE UNITED AND VOWED AGAINST US" While he says that they show, Davy Jones, Norington, Bekett, and... WILL!! sad

bina
Pintel and Regetti technically tried when they were on Barbosas crew.

willofthewisp
I don't think they should count as one, though. They are separate people. Jack would have said 5 then. Maybe something happens between the beginning of AWE and when he says it.

I don't think Will counts as an enemy here. The way it shows the enemies' faces and then Will (in a stockade) is saying, "Our enemies have united and vowed against us....and look what they've done to Will." It shows the audience the villains here do have some power and can eliminate the pirates. As far as we know, Will is on the side of good and this looks more like his capture than his turn to the dark side.

If anyone's going to turn back, I'm betting Barbossa. I don't know where in the trailer it is, but if you look carefully, it looks like Will hits him, and then later when it introduces Geoffrey Rush, Barbossa draws a sword on the beach where we know he, Jack, and Liz walked up, so he may be turning on them.

katelovespirate
I posted this question on another thread, but it works here, too. Jack says 4 people tried to kill him, one succeeded. Who are they?

Will: He fought him in both movies and specifically said he practices fighting so he can kill a pirate when they come around.

Barbossa: He marooned him and fought with him at the end of COTBP.

Liz: She's the one that actually killed him.

Who else is he talking about? I only see Tia, Pintel, and Ragetti there, so I don't know who he means, unless at some point Tia has tried to kill him, but she seems to like him.

I believe Tia tried to kill him at one point... I dont know if that's Jack assuming the jar of dirt was a dumb idea, or what. lol. maybe a break-up spat?
Pintel and Ragetti both tried to kill Jack in film 1... drawing pistols on him in the cave. but that's poor counting if he meant both of them, and i really don't think Jack views them as human entities--- I don't think he would bother mentioning them here. i think it's Tia.

Will's face when Jack says "did no one come to save me just because they missed me?" is priceless. he gives this snort like, what the hell does that have to do with anything?!?

the set- up on the trailer is interesting. question--- did Disney do the trailer themselves? or did they have a sub-company or private contractor put it together? because some of the links seem really meaningful--- "a pirate's life for me" while the Empress sails in the background may be forshadowing, the compass spinning followed by Elizabeth's face insinuates that she is actually the one who has no idea what she wants.

the shot of Will with his arms on that thing, looking like he's been captured, i believe are in Singapore, when he gets "captured" (makes a bargain with) Sao for Jack's life... if that's still in the script. he's wet, and the story went he was pulled out of the bath. if you check the wicked awesome clip of the swords coming through the floor, Will has his arms on that thing in the background.

the thing Jack's messing with--- the round map thing with the turning parts, maybe that's some sort of astronomical "green flash" indicator he uses to get them back... lol.

the shot of the W/L kiss, i didn't notice the first time (but you all probably did) the kiss continues to the next shot-- in the middle of the battle, they are still kissing in the background. just to play devil's advocate, you wouldn't stop in the middle of an intense sea storm and battle to kiss someone who you weren't in love with. my opinion of course. there are fish dudes all around them. here's my theory: Will has asked Elizabeth to marry him so he can stab the heart (don't know what the connection is there, but i heard that's part of it... could be wrong), things are going from bad to worse, fish dudes have invaded, and Elizabeth shouts across the battle, I will or I do! they run in for a kiss, heart stabbing ensues, the tide turns and drama continues. lol. but this doesnt jibe with the Will-gets-wounded-so-Jack-brings-him-the-heart theory completely.
for all you romantics out there, frame-by-frame that kiss, because Elizabeth's foot pops.

the first shot of Will after the "Orlando Bloom" thing shows him re-aiming a pistol, a little tease for that scene where everybody has their pistols pointed at each other, which ought to be hilarious.

so is the rumour about Jack the monkey burning down singapore true? Cause while they are sailing away, Singapore is definately up in flames.

Tia is wearing the locket, BTW. in both shots of her.

When Jack says that "one of you succeeded in killing me" bit, Elizabeth avoids Will's gaze (typical Will angry/confusion face), and immediately looks at Tia... why? Did Tia already know? Or is she afraid Tia will strike her dead? Meanwhile, Barbossa is looking at Elizabeth with what looks like to me pride/admiration/respect. wink

why the heck does Norrie only get 1 tiny moment in the trailer?

the other two pirate lords look amazing... no teague?

bina
I agree with you. Its true. I can't wait now. what about Will at the wheel of the FD? I think thats when he becomes captain.

bina
OMG check this out. It is every scene in the trailer in a pic so u can analyze it. check it out.

http://elflady.com/orlandolove/showthread.php?t=9426

willofthewisp
http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/4b631f1488892

Here is a larger picture of what Will has around his neck. We were wondering what that was for a while....he looks good in red.

http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/b60a801488910

Wow, look at Tia's face here. We usually watch Liz during this shot, but Tia's is just as interesting. It has this completely anguished look like only she understands Jack right now. And I do have to say, seen in the day time and then the shot of her later at night, she's a pretty lady. She looks beautiful in these two shots.

http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/1041541488914

Perhaps Lizzie will come clean?

http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/1788611488917

I'm pretty sure this is Norrington in the front.

http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/1b886c1488952

What are they looking at here?

http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/f6c08c1488980

Don't analyze this one. Just sit back and gaze at it.....(shivers)

http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/8ad4971488991

Aha! Barbossa pulls a sword on Jack! I knew he'd stay a baddie. This is going to be such a cool scene.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.