jack ryan (tom clancy) movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
the hunt for red octobre (alec baldwin)
patriot games(harrison ford)
clear and present danger(harrison ford) - I think it's this one not sure tho
the sum of all fears(ben affleck)

who do u think is the best?

I think alec baldwin was

which movie did u like the best?

again I say the hunt for the red octobre, tho I think all his movies were good

J-ROC
I liked The Hunt for Red...and Clear and Present Danger was pretty cool.

ToMacco
Jack Ryan sucks.

finti
not as much as Dylan

Corran
and definately not as much as monica.

finti
I thought she blew

Corran
I heard she didn't talk for while because she was witholding evidence, for her to have done that she will have need to have sucked it.

finti
talked while she blew, that rhymes with chew eek!

BackFire349
ghost recon is the best tom clancy adaptation. its a game though.

finti
yes so is Rainbow 6

Fire
lol thought this was a movie discussion thread???
tho rainbow 6 ain't bad

King Jedi
Clear and Present Danger is the best. "Sorry Mr President. I don't dance!".

jayride
They're all sorry excuses for Jack Ryan. Ford is too compassionate, Affleck is too weak, Baldwin is too evil, and they all look too clean cut. If the directors bothered to read the books they might realize how awesome Willem Dafoe would have been instead of Ford. Even Russel Crowe or hell, Kurt Russel would be better.

King Jedi
I don't know. I've never read the books. But I think Ford was great in the movies.

finti
heard he will play the shark in Jaws 5

mah
laughing out loud

Fire
well I think baldwin does an ok job, tho they should get someone who u can really picture as a nerd, which jack ryan is

finti
some succsessful nerd then

The Nuul
I like Ford but Alec did do a good job. Ford showed much more emotion though and acted better.

Affleck just sucked.

The Nuul
Chis Pine wants or runner up for the next Ryan role.

Two things. Its supposed to be an action movie instead of a thriller and I think Pine doesnt have the acting skills to pull off Ryans character well

siriuswriter
I can see how you would say Jack Ryan sucks - if you've only seen Ben Affleck's version.

Alec Baldwin rocked it in "Hunt for Red October," but he's not much of an action man.
So my favorite Jack Ryan is Harrison Ford. He brings something to the table that he brought to Indiana Jones : That classic oh shit what the hell just happened and how am i supposed to deal with it?!
The very feature, I have to say, which my mom says made her fall in love with him. big grin

BruceSkywalker
i've seen the movies.. like harrison ford much better..

Originally posted by The Nuul
Chis Pine wants or runner up for the next Ryan role.

Two things. Its supposed to be an action movie instead of a thriller and I think Pine doesnt have the acting skills to pull off Ryans character well

Pine has a good working relationship with Paramount so he could still get the role.. true but he'll be much better than Affleck

The Nuul
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I can see how you would say Jack Ryan sucks - if you've only seen Ben Affleck's version.

Alec Baldwin rocked it in "Hunt for Red October," but he's not much of an action man.
So my favorite Jack Ryan is Harrison Ford. He brings something to the table that he brought to Indiana Jones : That classic oh shit what the hell just happened and how am i supposed to deal with it?!
The very feature, I have to say, which my mom says made her fall in love with him. big grin

Ummm....Affleck sucked and not Ryan.

siriuswriter
I know. I'm adressing a person who said the character sucked. Which he did - but only in "The Sum of All Fears" when Ben Affleck played him.

I've been trying to think of who might be a good "next" Ryan, and I'm thinking around Matt Damon or Mark Walberg. Both have acting chops, and could totally pull off the actionspy stuff.

The Nuul
Oh, yeah duhhhh, prob a troll.

The Nuul
Mark is a shitty actor.

Maybe Matt and Pine.

DiCaprio, Bale, Law, Reynolds could pull it off.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Nuul
I like Ford but Alec did do a good job. Ford showed much more emotion though and acted better.

Affleck just sucked.

agreed.Ford is easily the best.He really showed his emotions in Patriot Games.That one is my favorite but the best I think is Clear And Present Danger.its a more realistic portrayel of the CIA and how they operate in washington.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Pine has a good working relationship with Paramount so he could still get the role.. true but he'll be much better than Affleck

Lets hope they do Sum Of All Fears with Islamic Terrorists this time.

curl
People no longer accepting this kind of stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.