Kyo Kusanagi vs Paul Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Paul, has given his longtime friend and rival Marshall Law the cash needed to rebuild Marshall China and his dojo. Within several months, the restaurant is thiriving, and the dojo is one of the best in San Francisco.

Kyo Kusanagi is on vacation with Yuki (who threatened to castrate him if he didn't stop chasing after a certain Japanese Ansatsuken master while on vacation). Tagging along are his buddies Benimaru Nikaido and Goro Daimon, the latter competing at a Judo Tournament.

Tam Japan is at Marshall China, celebrating Daimon's victory when the roar of a motorcycle heralds Paul's arrival for his monthly sparring session with the Law family head.

Regretably, while training with Forest, Marshall had sprained his wrist, and is out of action. Kyo, in the meantime, has heard of Paul ever since he was a kid. After all, it's not everyday you are in the same room with a guy who KO'ed a bear.

Since Kyo is banned from trying to find Ryu, Yuki didn't say anything about fighting a living legend like Paul. The battle takes place inside Law's dojo.

Kyo shows off his Magatama flames. Paul just scoffs. "I've seen that little trick before," he says, "only it was lightning."

"Better watch youself, old man," Kyo retorts. "You may just get burned."

Paul cracks his knuckles and pop his neck. "Just wait, kid. Today's game day, and you're about to take one for the team."

Superboy Prime
...On a game they would probably draw, given Paul's track record against both Kazuya & Jin.

On KMC Kyo will wtf own curbstomp destroy blast Paul into smithereens by yawning.

Sado22
Kyo will keep on thinking he's fighting benimaru. smile

Paul has good power, good reversals, good throws, more experience, a hellova chin and good speed. if he could pwn Ogre Kyo won't be too impossible.
Kyo only has good power, good chin and better speed.

i'll say 50-50 each. but i'm leaning towards Paul.

~Sado

StyleTime
Paul wins.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Paul cracks his knuckles and pop his neck. "Just wait, kid. Today's game day, and you're about to take one for the team." You got that from one of those Def Jam games? I think Meth says that. Good stuff.

I think Kyo takes this one. Paul may actually be cooler though.

Emperor Ashtar
Paul wins, **** kyo.

brainchild81
laughing Wasn't expecting that. Kyo's been involved in some bad writing, but he's still cool. Kyo rules & we all know it mane!!!!

Emperor Ashtar
Man, Kyo sucks as far as I'm concerned. That "High School Kid saving the World" routine is old as hell.

brainchild81
NO IT'S NOT!!!!! Yeah it issad He still didn't graduate yet?

Emperor Ashtar
No, Kyo's a "Super Senior" since 94,God I hate Kof. sad

beta ray bob
kyo goes back to his girlfriend in a full body cast

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Paul wins, **** kyo.

wink

Superboy Prime
LoL.

By the way I said on KMC Kyo wins because of the stupid fanboyish belief that 3d fighters can't hang with 2d fighters.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
LoL.

By the way I said on KMC Kyo wins because of the stupid fanboyish belief that 3d fighters can't hang with 2d fighters.

Kyo was 3D in KOF Maximum Impact and KOF 2006. They tend to forget about that.

shin_remy
Kyo wins

Superboy Prime
And he wins because...?

shin_remy
i don't see anything that makes Paul better then Kyo

Superboy Prime
I don't see anything that makes Kyo better than Paul other than his fancy Plot Device.

So please elaborate on why a teenager with flames is going to beat a 40 year old experienced fighter like Paul.

Major Snafu
So please elaborate on why a teenager with flames is going to beat a 40 year old experienced fighter like Paul who has taken on powerhouses such as Kazuya Mishima & Jin Kazama and fought them to a stalemate.

Forty-eight. Paul is 48 years old, as of Tekken 5.

Superboy Prime
Oh. Didn't play Tekken 5 much...I just borrowed a friend's PS2 & rented the game for ole times sake. Thanks for clearing that for me.

Cloud_VII
Damn Paul is almost as tough as Heihachi

Major Snafu
Oh. Didn't play Tekken 5 much...I just borrowed a friend's PS2 & rented the game for ole times sake. Thanks for clearing that for me.

According to the official SNK bio, Kyo was born on December 12, 1976, which makes his chronlogical age 30. He is 12 years younger than Ryu, who was born on July 21, 1964, but Ryu's birthdate can be something from Capcom USA.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Major Snafu
July 21, 1964, but Ryu's birthdate can be something from Capcom USA.
It isn't.

Major Snafu
It isn't.

Okay, so it's official, but most people don't pay attention to the birthdates.

olympian
Edge to Paul.

Remulous
I'm kinda leaning towards Kyo. Paul hasn't really done anything that would put him above Kyo, IMO. And Kyo has flames.

Cloud_VII
Paul would smash Kyo's skull and splatter his brains, IMO

olympian
Originally posted by Remulous
I'm kinda leaning towards Kyo. Paul hasn't really done anything that would put him above Kyo, IMO. And Kyo has flames.

Thanks to his last name, he fears no flames.

StyleTime
Heh heh.

lightness
kyo wins. i guess. he actually has respect for winning his tournyes while paul runs off thinking he won.

besides kyo's in his prime since he's 20, while 40+ would be past his prime. he's got enough experience competeing in around 10 kofs and winning around 5.

beta ray bob
paul is the tekken equivelent to chuck norris, he yells bang and points at kyo, thus shattering his head like a ming vase

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by beta ray bob
paul is the tekken equivelent to chuck norris, he yells bang and points at kyo, thus shattering his head like a ming vase QFT!!!

And profiled big grin

StyleTime
Originally posted by lightness
kyo wins. i guess. he actually has respect for winning his tournyes while paul runs off thinking he won.
Still, Paul walked over everyone including Ogre. True Ogre probably would have fallen before the Phoenix as well.

Also.....Kyo has Iori backing him up most of the time.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by StyleTime

Also.....Kyo has Iori backing him up most of the time.
Damn right, he backs him up HARD wink whooooohoooooo

olympian
i smell a yaoi reference..

DAMN!

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by lightness

besides kyo's in his prime since he's 20, while 40+ would be past his prime. he's got enough experience competeing in around 10 kofs and winning around 5.

Paul has the respect of pretty much the entire Tekken cast including Kazuya Mishima & Jin Kazama. Paul ran off thinking he won because he truly believed Ogre was over. It's not like he ran away out of fear.

Prime? Paul has still got it. Why else do you think they had him draw with the new Tekken postery boy Jin Kazama? Who was 19 at the time. Go figure.

Kyo has flames. The Mishimas have lightning. So what?

Paul really edges Kyo. And I'm glad the KMCers have realized it and are not riding Kyo's nutsack.

StyleTime
Damn right, he backs him up HARD wink whooooohoooooo
Lmao.
Paul really edges Kyo. And I'm glad the KMCers have realized it and are not riding Kyo's nutsack.
Yeah. I'm quite surprised by the support for Paul. Could KMC finally be breaking out of the mentality that 2D fighters are better than 3D fighters?

olympian
Some are and others arent`t.

I think it`s more about giving some figthers it`s earned due, popularity being side away. Kyo is damn good but Paul simply has the edge.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by StyleTime

Yeah. I'm quite surprised by the support for Paul. Could KMC finally be breaking out of the mentality that 2D fighters are better than 3D fighters?

Or maybe they just hate kyo smile

Superboy Prime
Either way fine by me.

Cloud_VII
I say it's still pretty close.

P-Geyser
Either way fine by me.

Me to.

StyleTime
Originally posted by olympian
I think it`s more about giving some figthers it`s earned due, popularity being side away. Kyo is damn good but Paul simply has the edge.
Agreed.
Or maybe they just hate kyo smile
Also agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.