colossus vs morlun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
who wins

capt it up
colossus curf stomps him

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by carver9
who wins

Sidious likes Piotr

Metalmanx
Colossus for the win. He'd wear down Morlun after a long battle and eventually take the victory.

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Colossus for the win. He'd wear down Morlun after a long battle and eventually take the victory.
would not bee that long.

doubt it been that hard either.

it bee colossus vs a class 20 to 25. yes morlun faster, but not like it do much for him.

jasonk3
Colossus

Metalmanx
Originally posted by capt it up
would not bee that long.

doubt it been that hard either.

it bee colossus vs a class 20 to 25. yes morlun faster, but not like it do much for him.

Morlun was much stronger than that. erm

And extremely durable to boot. You always underrate him.

Plus, his superior speed would make the fast last longer, as it would take a long time before Colossus could land any serious blows on Morlun.

capt it up
Morlun was much stronger than that. erm

And extremely durable to boot. You always underrate him.

Plus, his superior speed would make the fast last longer, as it would take a long time before Colossus could land any serious blows on Morlun.

I not underating any thing.

he was no much stronger then that at all. actaully he was not much stronger then spiderman. He never did a single thing that even states he was close to being much stronger then spiderman. He was stated in a bio at beeing 25 tons if I am not mistaken. The reason he seems so strong is he takes your life energy with every hit. That won't work on colossus so you have a 25 tonner vs a 100 tonner. He was fast yes however not faster then spiderman hell he was slower. He also was pritty durable though colossus will be hitting him with 100+ hitts with organic metal fists. He bee doing far far far far mroe damage then spiderman could hope to do and morlun won't be damaging colossus much if at all.

also colossus is very quick and agile

Metalmanx
I not underating any thing.

he was no much stronger then that at all. actaully he was not much stronger then spiderman. He never did a single thing that even states he was close to being much stronger then spiderman. He was stated in a bio at beeing 25 tons if I am not mistaken. The reason he seems so strong is he takes your life energy with every hit. That won't work on colossus so you have a 25 tonner vs a 100 tonner. He was fast yes however not faster then spiderman hell he was slower. He also was pritty durable though colossus will be hitting him with 100+ hitts with organic metal fists. He bee doing far far far far mroe damage then spiderman could hope to do and morlun won't be damaging colossus much if at all.

also colossus is very quick and agile

There's been no direct confirmation of his strength level in the comics. Looking at several different sites, they all say mostly the same thing--that he is in class 100 range and at the LEAST he's class 75-80.

And come on, man. You know Morlun was just letting Spidey hit him. He was smiling throughout Spidey's assault.

And yes, I know that Colossus is also very quick and agile. Colossus is one person with which I need no further education.

Why we're even debating is beyond me anyway. I already said Colossus wins.

capt it up
There's been no direct confirmation of his strength level in the comics. Looking at several different sites, they all say mostly the same thing--that he is in class 100 range and at the LEAST he's class 75-80.
not talking about web sites. It stated in his official bio in the spiderman hand book as been 25 tons if I am not mistaken. He also ahs no feats of strength close to 75 tons. It also if I am not mistaken in the official bio states why people think he stronger then he is.

And come on, man. You know Morlun was just letting Spidey hit him. He was smiling throughout Spidey's assault..
he was smiling msot of the fight lol. It hard to assume he was smiling simply becuase he was letting spiderman hit him sicne he was smiling before that also.

And yes, I know that Colossus is also very quick and agile. Colossus is one person with which I need no further education.

Why we're even debating is beyond me anyway. I already said Colossus wins.
you give morlun to much credit he not nearly as tough as you think.

If he was an 80 tonner he problly win this.

Metalmanx
not talking about web sites. It stated in his official bio in the spiderman hand book as been 25 tons if I am not mistaken. He also ahs no feats of strength close to 75 tons. It also if I am not mistaken in the official bio states why people think he stronger then he is.

he was smiling msot of the fight lol. It hard to assume he was smiling simply becuase he was letting spiderman hit him sicne he was smiling before that also.

you give morlun to much credit he not nearly as tough as you think.

If he was an 80 tonner he problly win this.

I give Morlun as much as he deserves. There's never been direct in-comic evidence to say he's only class 25 in strength. And we all know how accurate handbooks are. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Even if Morlun was class 80, Colossus would still take this.

capt it up
I give Morlun as much as he deserves. There's never been direct in-comic evidence to say he's only class 25 in strength. And we all know how accurate handbooks are. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Even if Morlun was class 80, Colossus would still take this.

true, but he never been stated higher either. also he never did a feat that put him any were enar that actaully evidence provided says other wise.

spiderman took many hits from morlun if morlun was infact 80 tonner who drained life also then spiderman would bee dead. a 25 tonner who drains life makes a lot more sense.

im not sure 80 tons is enough to hurt colossus and morlun was pritty fast.

Soljer
There was no comic evidence to place Morlun at a hundred tons, or anywhere near it.

The only thing that people can really cite is Spidey saying "He hits harder than the Hulk!" But that's explained away by his life-draining ability.

He certainly isn't ANYWHERE near as strong as Colossus.

His durability is also a little bit over rated. Spidey's (weakened) assault is nothing compared to what Colossus can dish out.

Piotr for the win, every time.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
There was no comic evidence to place Morlun at a hundred tons, or anywhere near it.

The only thing that people can really cite is Spidey saying "He hits harder than the Hulk!" But that's explained away by his life-draining ability.

He certainly isn't ANYWHERE near as strong as Colossus.

His durability is also a little bit over rated. Spidey's (weakened) assault is nothing compared to what Colossus can dish out.

Piotr for the win, every time.

There was also no comic evidence to say that he was not that strong. The life-draining angle is debatable as well. Sure, he could've been doing it, but it never directly states/shows that that is how Morlun's punches feel so hard. Just saying.

And wasn't it Morlun's very first punch on Spidey that Peter said felt harder than the Hulk or Thor?

Soljer
"It was never implied that he WASN'T stronger than the Hulk, so how do we know?"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please tell me you realize how ridiculous that sounds, MetalMan. Seriously.

Mary Jane has never been shown INCAPABLE of shooting fireballs out of her right pinky toe, so clearly she MUST be able to!

capt it up
ythe one bio that actau,lly makes senses is morluns. It even explains why his punches hurt spiderman so much

masterbruce
"It was never implied that he WASN'T stronger than the Hulk, so how do we know?"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please tell me you realize how ridiculous that sounds, MetalMan. Seriously.

Mary Jane has never been shown INCAPABLE of shooting fireballs out of her right pinky toe, so clearly she MUST be able to!

there's a big difference.

Spiderman SAID Morlun hits harder than Hulk.

Nodody ever said MJ can shoot fireballs.

I'm not saying Morlun is as strong as Hulk, just that your analogy was flawed.

capt it up
Originally posted by masterbruce

not really since spiderman also once when he was lifitng a bunch of rocks that even thor can not lift this.

so does that mean spiderman is stronger then thor? Just because he says dumb things?

Soljer

Flawed, perhaps. But not inherently. Not particularly. It's still applicable.

MetalMan's argument was "There is no evidence that Morlun ISN'T that strong, so he must be."

The use of logic like that presents us with Mary Jane firing fireballs from her pinky toe.

capt it up
so it not just me who think metalmax as well as a few other serously overrate morlun?

masterbruce
not really since spiderman also once when he was lifitng a bunch of rocks that even thor can not lift this.

so does that mean spiderman is stronger then thor? Just because he says dumb things?

what was the context of that? Did Spiderman have some kinda upgrade or powerup?

I doubt he'd say he could lift something Thor couldn't even lift without some special circumstance.

capt it up
what was the context of that? Did Spiderman have some kinda upgrade or powerup?

I doubt he'd say he could lift something Thor couldn't even lift without some special circumstance.
no he said it and he had no up grade what so ever.

Hell spiderman neevr had an upgrade that put him any were near close to thor level ecpt the omi thing.

masterbruce

MetalMan's argument was "There is no evidence that Morlun ISN'T that strong, so he must be."

The use of logic like that presents us with Mary Jane firing fireballs from her pinky toe.

the flaw is you're extrapolating only one part of MMX's argument. If that was his entire argument, I'd agree with you on how stupid it is.

but his argument really is:

Spiderman has claimed Morlun to hit even harder than Hulk, AND there is no evidence that Morlun isn't as strong as the Hulk.

you see, it's a 2 part argument. Without the first clause, it is quite ridiculous. With it, it stands on logical ground.

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying Morlun is anywhere near the strength of Hulk.

masterbruce
no he said it and he had no up grade what so ever.

Hell spiderman neevr had an upgrade that put him any were near close to thor level ecpt the omi thing.

maybe he said it in jest?

I really can't determine the validity of it without a scan as context is very important in what people mean when they say things.

capt it up
umm dident spiderman and morlun lock arms matching him at one point in pure strength?

also there evidence that he not as strong state in a hand book which explained by he apeared to hit so hard.

also hitting hard does not mean you are stronger then another person

no to mention spiderman says dumb things all the time

capt it up
maybe he said it in jest?

I really can't determine the validity of it without a scan as context is very important in what people mean when they say things.
he was dead serous actaully.

I think it may be in the spiderman respect thread as a strength feat

Metalmanx

That was not my argument. My argument was that it is just as much speculation to say that he that strong as to say that he isn't that strong. There's the speculatioin of the life-draining ability coming into play, or the speculation that it was just his pure strength. That's all I'm trying to say.

masterbruce
Metalmanx, did Spiderman ever say he lifted something that even Thor could not lift?

Metalmanx
Metalmanx, did Spiderman ever say he lifted something that even Thor could not lift?

I honestly don't recall that ever happening, but I'm not calling capt a liar either. I've just never seen such an instance myself.

However, Peter's way too smart to know that he's nowhere near Thor in strength. I think it's fair to assume that he was exaggerating a bit.

Soljer
That was not my argument. My argument was that it is just as much speculation to say that he that strong as to say that he isn't that strong. There's the speculatioin of the life-draining ability coming into play, or the speculation that it was just his pure strength. That's all I'm trying to say.

It was speculation that Morlun was using his life draining ability, sure, but it's reasonable speculation.

Speculating that Morlun was actually stronger than the Hulk off of a line that Spidey uttered? That's hearsay and completely unreasonable speculation.

Sparkz
I'd say that Morlun was about class 30 really, I wouldn't have thought a 5 ton difference between Spider-man and Morlun would have made the difference it did, 10 on the other hand may have, no wait hang on this all happened before Spidey's upgrades and when he was dieing so it is possible he was 25 tons after all ok forget the first part. but also remember that Morlun also fought Spidey and Ezekile at the same time with little effort that's got to take some degree in strength , as for his speed I don't think he was faster than Spidey in fighting speed but in running speed he was, he caught up to Spidey after he swung away in what 10 seconds or so. As for his durability yes he was durable but lets not forget when Spidey finally got a well placed punch on Morlun he drew blood, now imagine if that punch had come from Colossus...

Now the only way Morlun could win is if he drains his life force which we don't know whether he could do through Colossus armour and how long could he hold on before he was smited down. that said Colossus 9/10 (1 for Morlun possibly draining his life force)

Metalmanx
It was speculation that Morlun was using his life draining ability, sure, but it's reasonable speculation.

Speculating that Morlun was actually stronger than the Hulk off of a line that Spidey uttered? That's hearsay and completely unreasonable speculation.

Normally I'd agree with you. But I guess I'm still just hung up on the fact that Spidey has actually been hit directly by the Hulk, so he would know how hard he hits. For him to make such a statement, it seems Morlun would have to at least be within Hulk's base strength, especially since I recall that being the first hit Morlun laid upon Spidey.

But, you are correct as well. It is speculation on boths sides. Just seems kind of weird that Spidey would say something along those lines if it weren't the truth or close to it (save for this supposed "stronger than Thor" thing that I haven't seen).

Eh. It doesn't seem like we're going to make any headway on this subject.

REGARDLESS, Colossus wins this fight everytime.

Soljer
Probably not. No worries or hard feelings though.

Agree to disagree, no biggie.

Metalmanx
Probably not. No worries or hard feelings though.

Agree to disagree, no biggie.

Sounds good to me. thumb up

To Soljer, probably the person I respect the most on this forum. smile

Soljer
*laughs*

Aww, I'm gonna get all teary-eyed.

capt it up
umm metalmax when was the last time you ever saw spidy take repeated shots from hulk? One shot almost Ko him

if morlun was hulks base strength spiderman would be dead.

Swanky-Tuna
He was stated in a bio at beeing 25 tons if I am not mistaken.
He was stated in a bio
in a bio
bio
What the crap are you doing using a bio? You ***** at everyone for using Wolverine bios.

carver9
Sounds good to me. thumb up

To Soljer, probably the person I respect the most on this forum. smile

Soljer is pretty cool. When me and him have a disagreement some times, its kind of hard to fuss with him because I respect him so much but I do it anyway. Cant let you win man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.