Superman Sequel Scrapped???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
Man of Steel may join JLA instead.

From IGN: http://movies.ign.com/articles/773/773710p1.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Superman Sequel Scrapped?
Man of Steel may join JLA instead.
by Stax
March 19, 2007 - Last week's news that Bryan Singer was developing a new thriller with his Usual Suspects screenwriter Chris McQuarrie sparked the speculation that the director's Superman sequel may have stalled.

Now comes a report that claims the sequel may have been scrapped entirely, but that doesn't mean Brandon Routh will be retiring his Super-duds anytime soon.

According to Moviehole.net, Warner Bros. is considering postponing (or outright shelving) a direct sequel to Superman Returns in favor of putting the Man of Steel in their recently announced Justice League of America movie.

The site adds that Batman would not be involved in the Justice League film, leaving that franchise separate from both Superman and JLA.

IGN heard the same rumors over the weekend, but our inquiries to our Superman sources had gone unanswered at time of publish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this happens this will Suck mega suck hole. I mean a JLA movie is awsome, but replacing the next Superman with it is horrible...just horrible.

vintageSW77
i heard on UK teletext that the sequel is now Singers priority

LORDSIDIOUS01
The sequel has not been scrapped. I just think that it has bee psotponed. I particularly didn't care for Supes returns. If/when a sequel is made, I hope it is done right.

brainchild81
Me too.

ragesRemorse
Not adding batman to the jla movie? that is just nutty. batman and superman is jla.

Singer will deffinently get his supes sequal done. Ifeel as though he really wants to show us something in the sequal that we all thought we would see in the first. Singer tries to do his shit slow and steady, which results in good material. Hopefully he wont undermine the sequal like he did the first go round.

Magee
Hopefuly they get this JLA movie right but having no Batman is a crappy start to it already. I'm hoping we see wonder woman along side Supes, GL (kyle rayner), Flash (Wally West), Aquaman, MM and GA to sort of fill the role that Batman would have brought to the film. I just hope they stay true to the comics and make it like 3 hours long to allow each character some background history and development etc.

tlbauerle
The sequel is still rolling along...this project will not delay the next superman film.

LORDSIDIOUS01
WHOO HOO, Supes is back on. Lets hope they get it right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.