The official One Piece thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dvampire
Everyone seems to be making a thread dedicated to a popular anime, but everyone seems to be forgetting One Piece!

So here's a a thread dedicated to one of the best anime/manga out there right now. Feel free to post how you feel about this wonderful anime and spread the news to people who havn't heard of it!

I'll post some of my favorite video's and fight scenes to get people interested too.

I thought this was a great AMV dedicated to the Luffy vs. Crocodile fight (which had one the best end fight scenes in anime/manga IMO)

http://media.putfile.com/one-piece-pprkut

I think Eneru is one of the coolest villians created! Here's an AMV dedicated to him. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-zdSRozqw

Zoro vs. Mr. 1 is one the best fight scenes in One Piece!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=12efeg9rbSw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J5qxOELPDfo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YpsKiIjG9Jk

And of course, Luffy going using gear 2nd for the first time then completely owning Blueno!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ra37vyteSAw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FMr7QM7HOkA

Have fun with the thread, enjoy!

InnerRise
Sorry. erm

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293786&highlight=One+Piece+Thread+forumid%3A74

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383739&highlight=one+piece

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=312240&highlight=one+piece

Not so "OFFICIAL" huh? ermm

funny

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

dvampire
Originally posted by InnerRise
Sorry. ermm

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293786&highlight=One+Piece+Thread+forumid%3A74

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383739&highlight=one+piece

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=312240&highlight=one+piece

funny

Well man, i guess I really didn't need to make a thread for them. I used the searched feature, but nothing came up.

Sorry for making another thread. sad

InnerRise
Yeah. The Search Engine sucks. I had to play around with the wording before I found those.

Hidden Lotus
Yeah. The Search Engine sucks. I had to play around with the wording before I found those.

like da new sig Rise thumb up

Emperor Ashtar
Finally

InnerRise
Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
like da new sig Rise thumb up Thanks. doped

dvampire
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Finally

Finally what? smile

dvampire
Thanks. doped

Yeah cool sig! I still havn't played GOW yet. sad

InnerRise
Thanks and you should very soon.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by dvampire
Finally what? smile

More One Piece fans. . .

dvampire
More One Piece fans. . .

Yeah I'm a huge One Piece fan! Love the manga and anime! smile

Emperor Ashtar
Yeah I'm a huge One Piece fan! Love the manga and anime! smile

Well, I love the manga. . . can't say the same for the anime.

dvampire
Well, I love the manga. . . can't say the same for the anime.

Yeah the manga is better, but the anime is good if you watch the Japanses version and not the 4kidsTV English Version (it has horrible voices).

Emperor Ashtar
Yeah the manga is better, but the anime is good if you watch the Japanses version and not the 4kidsTV English Version (it has horrible voices).

I hate the anime period, the way they render the characters awful sick

Emperor Ashtar
Hey, Dvampire, I'm going to post a theory in the DBZ thread soon. I would appreciate it if you posted your feedback to it.

dvampire
Hey, Dvampire, I'm going to post a theory in the DBZ thread soon. I would appreciate it if you posted your feedback to it.

No problem!

Emperor Ashtar
One thing I hate about One Piece are the fights.

dvampire
One thing I hate about One Piece are the fights.

I like their fights, especially the CP9 fights, they improved on the animation.

My favorite fights:

Zoro vs. Mr.1
Luffy vs. Waiper
Luffy vs. Croc (3rd fight)
Strawhats vs. CP9 (all of them)

Emperor Ashtar
I like their fights, especially the CP9 fights, they improved on the animation.

My favorite fights:

Zoro vs. Mr.1
Luffy vs. Waiper
Luffy vs. Croc (3rd fight)
Strawhats vs. CP9 (all of them)
It's not the animation that's the problem, it's the jobbing. I ahte thatit's always up to luffy to finish up the strongest bad guy by overpowering him to death. I could understand his fight against eneru, since luffy was immune to lightining because of his rubber body. But, the rest of is fights can be really anti-climatic. Like when he was fighting lucci, the way he beat him was terrible. And, the strawhats tend to job people, like when they help back 200 captain ranked marines despite being fatigued from the battle with cp9.

EDIT: Fight with blueno was great, BTW.

dvampire
It's not the animation that's the problem, it's the jobbing. I ahte thatit's always up to luffy to finish up the strongest bad guy by overpowering him to death. I could understand his fight against eneru, since luffy was immune to lightining because of his rubber body. But, the rest of is fights can be really anti-climatic. Like when he was fighting lucci, the way he beat him was terrible. And, the strawhats tend to job people, like when they help back 200 captain ranked marines despite being fatigued from the battle with cp9.

EDIT: Fight with blueno was great, BTW.

Lucci faster than Luffy in his normal stat, but he wasn't able to keep him down with just physical attacks because of Luffy's resistance to blunt force. But Luffy and Lucci was pretty even in power once both of them were in their transformed stat, and IMO, this was one of the most difficult fights Luffy's ever been through. Unlike the others, Luffy was always a bit stronger than his other opponents. Croc was the only one that was tuff to take down because of him being a Logia user, but once Luffy found out the weakness, took care of him much easier than Lucci.

I agree, the way Luffy beat Lucci wasn't the best finish compared to the rest of his battles, but it was one the best fight scenes to me IMO. The marines aren't really enough to take down the Strawhats, I mean like you said, they took down the CP9 members, that proves just how powerful the Strawhats has become.

Emperor Ashtar
Lucci faster than Luffy in his normal stat, but he wasn't able to keep him down with just physical attacks because of Luffy's resistance to blunt force. But Luffy and Lucci was pretty even in power once both of them were in their transformed stat, and IMO, this was one of the most difficult fights Luffy's ever been through. Unlike the others, Luffy was always a bit stronger than his other opponents. Croc was the only one that was tuff to take down because of him being a Logia user, but once Luffy found out the weakness, took care of him much easier than Lucci.

The fight betweeen those two was great and I'm not arguing against that opinion at all. It was pretty obvious that luffy's gears were too much for lucci. This was obvious when luffy used "Third Gear" to punch lucci into the sea. If lucci had not landed on the deck of a "Bustercall Ship" then he would have fell into the sea below. He even stated that he was "losing consciousness" when he attempted to defend againt "Gomu Gomu No Gigantic Pistol" . But, "Third Gear" was too slow to use in the fight against luffy and that's why luffy had to use "Second Gear". During his fight with lucci's "Kamie Form" luffy was hit with two "Rokugan's" and was felled due to the power of lucci's "Rokushiki Ougi". I thought oda did this, so he could aloow ussop/Sogeking to help luffy in the battle since he got no action despite making such a dramatic scenes like: when he burned the World Governments flag and Saved Nico Robin. Unless you want to consider those two examples as "Action", Ussop/Sogeking didn't do jack really. But, instead oda makes him trun into a cheer leader and allows luffy to eat another "Rokugan" and over power lucci. That's a really anti-climatic finish IMO, ussop should have helped finish him off with luffy.

I agree, the way Luffy beat Lucci wasn't the best finish compared to the rest of his battles, but it was one the best fight scenes to me IMO. The marines aren't really enough to take down the Strawhats, I mean like you said, they took down the CP9 members, that proves just how powerful the Strawhats has become.

But, the Strawhats were pretty much fatigued. Those fights were rough and for them to hold back 200 marines that are captain level without: Luffy and Sanji (He went to close the gate of justice).

dvampire
Luffy wouldn't except Ussops help in a fight, he's suppose to become the pirate king. He's never had help in any of his fights, and that's the way it should be. Luffy's Thrid gear was only a problem when Lucci was in a confined area, where Lucci didn't much room to dodge the attack, but when they were fighting on the marine ship, Lucci was able to avoid the attacks pretty easily. Other than that, Luffy gear2 weren't too much for Lucci, and was having a tuff time in putting him down, Luffy would have lost if he'd stayed in gear3.

Those were just normal marines with guns, it was okay for them to beat them. Now if it was Marines on smoker level, then yeah, I'll have a problem with that.

Emperor Ashtar
Luffy wouldn't except Ussops help in a fight, he's suppose to become the pirate king.
Pirate king or not, that doesn't mean he has to over power all his enemies in a ridicules fashion.

He's never had help in any of his fights, and that's the way it should be.

I disagree, the fights are getting stale because of that repetitve formula.

Those were just normal marines with guns, it was okay for them to beat them. Now if it was Marines on smoker level, then yeah, I'll have a problem with that.

They were actually, ussop commented on that. Infact, there were Devil fruit users amongst them.

dvampire
He was never over powering Lucci, it took all he had to beat.

If he gets help from someone, that would mean he doesn't deserve to be pirate king. It wouldn't look right either, everyone has beaten their opponent by themselves but Luffy, it'll just crush Luffy's whole goal.

I doubt that. From what they shown, it was only normal marines. You can't have that many DF users all in one space, since there's only a few of them in One Piece.

Emperor Ashtar
He was never over powering Lucci, it took all he had to beat.
Read what I said again, I know he didn't overpower lucci during the fight . But, he did when he finished him.

If he gets help from someone, that would mean he doesn't deserve to be pirate king. It wouldn't look right either, everyone has beaten their opponent by themselves but Luffy, it'll just crush Luffy's whole goal.
Being pirate king doesn't mean you have to own every individual by yourself; That's just plain crazy.

I doubt that. From what they shown, it was only normal marines. You can't have that many DF users all in one space, since there's only a few of them in One Piece.

Ahem, look at the Devil Fruit users as well.

dvampire
Hmmm...I guess will have to agree to disagree then. Your links don't work btw.

Emperor Ashtar
Hmmm...I guess will have to agree to disagree then. Your links don't work btw.

Maybe it's your comp, they wrok fine for me.

dvampire
Maybe it's your comp, they wrok fine for me.

Now they work, they weren't at first. Your right there was DF users, but that doesn't mean they're all as powerful as Smoker, he hasn't went all out yet and is a Logia type.

Emperor Ashtar
Now they work, they weren't at first. Your right there was DF users, but that doesn't mean they're all as powerful as Smoker, he hasn't went all out yet and is a Logia type.
I'm aware of that, but the fact that they are all captain level like smoker, have devil fruit weilders amongst them, and are 200 in number fighting a fatigued miguwara group proves my point.

dvampire
I'm aware of that, but the fact that they are all captain level like smoker, have devil fruit weilders amongst them, and are 200 in number fighting a fatigued miguwara group proves my point.

They had his level of ranking, but that doesn't mean they were as powerful as Smoker. There were DF users, but not all 200 of them had a DF power.

Emperor Ashtar
They had his level of ranking, but that doesn't mean they were as powerful as Smoker. There were DF users, but not all 200 of them had a DF power.
Read what I said again, the strawhats were injured, tired, Luffy and sanji were not there, and somehow they helpd back 200 captain level marines with devil fruit weilders.

dvampire
Read what I said again, the strawhats were injured, tired, Luffy and sanji were not there, and somehow they helpd back 200 captain level marines with devil fruit weilders.

But if they were able to fight off the marines, that would mean that they weren't as weaken as you think. Zoro was still standing and completely fine, Franky, Nami, Robin, and Ussop, none of them were injured and they obviously wasn't too tired that they couldn't defend themselves. The only person that wasn't capable of fighting at all was Chopper and Luffy (after his fight with Lucci).

Emperor Ashtar
But if they were able to fight off the marines, that would mean that they weren't as weaken as you think.

Yeah, basic petty officers who are nothing but canon fodder.

Zoro was still standing and completely fine, Franky, Nami, Robin, and Ussop, none of them were injured and they obviously wasn't too tired
Still standing does not mean your fine. Zoro was still standing after nearly getting torn in half by Hawk eye's. Now does that mean he was fine?

that they couldn't defend themselves. The only person that wasn't capable of fighting at all was Chopper and Luffy (after his fight with Lucci).
But, these aren't p200 Captain Level Marines big difference there.

dvampire
Well the best thing you can do is let it go. It happened, and there's nothing anyone can do. The writter obviously was trying to show that the Strawhats have gotten stronger and that they can take on captain level pirates.

Emperor Ashtar
Well the best thing you can do is let it go. It happened, and there's nothing anyone can do. The writter obviously was trying to show that the Strawhats have gotten stronger and that they can take on 200 captain level marines whilst being fatigued and having there best fighters I.E. luffy and sanji, missing.

Fixed it for you

Emperor Ashtar
One Piece has become like DragonBall Z

vaJ6HQvtT04

Can anyone say Super Saiya-jin luffy?

La2IjjvGjH4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.