TMNT any good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
The child in me wants to buy it but I know how bad their previous games have been. Does anyone have it?

Smasandian
The new game?

Or the arcade version?

I got the arcade version and for 5 bucks, its worth the price for old time sakes. You can also play on XBOX Live too....but man, that game is ****ing hard, and cheap.

SaTsuJiN
yeah its sorta hard... you gotta hit the boss 1 time and then move... if you attempt to get a second hit in you're looking to get pwned..

me n my friends beat it after I downloaded it... quite a short game IMO

Morridini
Originally posted by Big Sexy
The child in me wants to buy it but I know how bad their previous games have been. Does anyone have it?

What previous games are u talking about? You mean the great old games from the NES and SNES era?

Big Sexy
Sorry guys. I mean the new one that just came out based on the movie? The dude from gamestop told me it was like prince of persia but I dont trust movie games.

K73SK
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Sorry guys. I mean the new one that just came out based on the movie? The dude from gamestop told me it was like prince of persia but I dont trust movie games. don't trust half the gamestop guys, they usually claim crap that isn't true. try looking for reviews online...NOT IGN!! :]

SaTsuJiN
its probably better to watch videos and come to an opinion yourself

IceJaw
It looks like an multiplayer version (is it?) of Prince of Persia and is probably a lot worse.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
its probably better to watch videos and come to an opinion yourself

Yeah thats what i kinda do for the ghost Rider game liked what i saw from the videos and ignored the reviews

InnerRise
Well I wouldn't say completely ignore the reviews. They CAN be very helpful.

And I can't imagine this game being "like Prince of Persia" which was a fantastic game for the most part.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Smasandian
I read the reviews, look at the demo, look at videos and then make my decision.

ESB -1138
Gamespot gave the 360 version a 6.4 with this to say:

The Good: Platform-heavy gameplay that's interestingly designed; attractive art style; solid voice work.

The Bad: Camera and controls conspire to make some sequences overly obnoxious; combat is dumb as a stump; graphics aren't much of a step up from the last-gen versions.

ragesRemorse
why not just rent the game and play it? That way if it sucks, you only paid 6 bucks. If it changes your life, you can shell out $60. I mean, why would anyone buy a game anymore anyway...waht with gamefly and video store programs? Pay 60$ for a one time gamble? pay 20$ a month for many many gambles? hmmmmmmm? stop wasting your time reading reviews, and listening to people, this only plants seeds of preconception.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Gamespot gave the 360 version a 6.4 with this to say:

The Good: Platform-heavy gameplay that's interestingly designed; attractive art style; solid voice work.

The Bad: Camera and controls conspire to make some sequences overly obnoxious; combat is dumb as a stump; graphics aren't much of a step up from the last-gen versions.

In other words...Paying 60$ for this game is like investing in 60$ worth of rubberbands. you may find some kind of entertainment there, but ultimately spent 60$ for a waste of time

InnerRise
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
why not just rent the game and play it? That way if it sucks, you only paid 6 bucks. If it changes your life, you can shell out $60. I mean, why would anyone buy a game anymore anyway...waht with gamefly and video store programs? Pay 60$ for a one time gamble? pay 20$ a month for many many gambles? hmmmmmmm? stop wasting your time reading reviews, and listening to people, this only plants seeds of preconception. Wow...............You're terribly misinformed and unintelligible in this matter.

I buy all my games. I never rent anymore. I'm not saying everybody should do that, just stating a fact.

Unlike you who makes such a blatantly bold statement that one can only laugh at.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by InnerRise
Wow...............You're terribly misinformed and unintelligible in this matter.

I buy all my games. I never rent anymore. I'm not saying everybody should do that, just stating a fact.

Unlike you who makes such a blatantly bold statement that one can only laugh at.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Why;because i like to save money and am tired of regretting paying $60 for a game i wish i had never played and only a quarter of that money back when i trade it in? 60$ is alot of money to me. I work and go to school, so the time i do spend playing games is playing innovative or original games. Maybe if i had more time to devote to games, i wouldnt mind playing games that are all molded from the same template. Back in my hayday of game playing i could have cared less on dropping a wad of money on a game that i knew little about, but today when that same game is going to take up wothwhile time, i like to make an intelligent investment. By renting games i dont need to ever worry again whether or not the game i am playing is worth what i paid.

this also encourages me to try games that i never would have. Because i only pay 20 bucks a month for as many games as i can play

InnerRise
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Why;because i like to save money and am tired of regretting paying $60 for a game i wish i had never played and only a quarter of that money back when i trade it in? 60$ is alot of money to me. I work and go to school, so the time i do spend playing games is playing innovative or original games. Maybe if i had more time to devote to games, i wouldnt mind playing games that are all molded from the same template. Back in my hayday of game playing i could have cared less on dropping a wad of money on a game that i knew little about, but today when that same game is going to take up wothwhile time, i like to make an intelligent investment. By renting games i dont need to ever worry again whether or not the game i am playing is worth what i paid.

this also encourages me to try games that i never would have. Because i only pay 20 bucks a month for as many games as i can play Nothing wrong with that. Just try not to relay your views on the matter upon other people as if they should be doing it too or they're wrong.

ragesRemorse
wasnt aware that i was. Just trying to throw my two cents in the mix.

jugment-hand
THE TMNT MOVIE GAME IS TERRIBLE, IT HAS NO CO-OP, AND THE BLOCK DOES NOT DO JACK SH!T, ALSO THE CATCH PHRASES ARE REPEATED EVERY 5 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i can say is this

!F#CK!

F#CK

Barker
Don't have to guess to know about how old you are.

InnerRise
Originally posted by jugment-hand
THE TMNT MOVIE GAME IS TERRIBLE, IT HAS NO CO-OP, AND THE BLOCK DOES NOT DO JACK SH!T, ALSO THE CATCH PHRASES ARE REPEATED EVERY 5 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i can say is this

!F#CK!

F#CK funny

Originally posted by Barker
Don't have to guess to know about how old you are. funny

grey fox
The CTR ALT DELETE guy said the game suckied. I trust his opinion.

pinkfloydkor
but you have to take into consideration which console its on as well, im 99% positive the Wii version woukd be a helluva lot different than the 360 version, but then again thats just me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.