Darwin vs. Lifeguard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
in danger room

King_Mungi
The universe explodes due to the two with their plot devices

Metalmanx
Darwin, probably.

Blair Wind
Stalemate erm

Darwin adapts to anything, and Lifeguard gets any power to get the job done no expression

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Stalemate erm

Darwin adapts to anything, and Lifeguard gets any power to get the job done no expression

That's what I thought at first, too. But it seems to me that Darwin has more offensive capabilities than Lifeguard does. Would I be wrong to say this?

Blair Wind
I thought it would be the other way around erm

Darwin can defensively adapt to anything lifeguard can do, and lifeguard can adapt offensively to anything Darwin adapted to defensively erm

Eh.....it makes the mind hurt

Metalmanx
Haha! Perhaps it really would just be a stalemate then.

Interesting.

DarkCrawler
How about putting the Answer here too? big grin
http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Answer/answer.htm

Soljer
If that's the case, you come to the question; can Lifeguard develop the ability to turn Darwin's ability off, without Darwin's ability taking precedence and adapting to the 'attack.'

Just because they have the same ability doesn't mean one can't be stronger. Who has the better feats?

I mean, it's like two telekinetics facing off. One is stronger, one will overcome the other.

Based on that, I'm going to go the 'cop out' route and say that since Darwin's an omega mutant, he will likely be able to react/produce/overcome more.

Yeah, yeah, potential doesn't mean power, but I'm going to give this to Darwin regardless.

guy222
Originally posted by psy_blade
in danger room

Darwin FTW

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Soljer
since Darwin's an omega mutant .....since when?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by King_Mungi
The universe explodes due to the two with their plot devices

thumb up

bitca360
I thought Lifeguards power was dependent on her protecting someone else? Developing gills to save someone from drowning, wings to catch someone from falling, extra arms to move things off them, etc? Lifeguard is apparently also half Shiar'... What were some of her feats when not around her teammates & soloing someone?

I'd give it to Darwin, he's pretty versatile compared to Lifeguard & does have limits, but against someone like Lifeguard, I'd say he make it out alright

Gecko4lif
this turns into a boxing match between 2 wieners

King Castle
She wins via kick to the nuts after the endless slapping match.. adapt to that!

Q99
Lifeguard does have some always-on abilities, and she has some fighting instincts.

I think Darwin's limits are higher.

Might be a stalemate where they both adapt so they won't be hurt by the other and just stay there.

Lifeguard's powers, so far, have been entire physical, I believe.

She develops physical adaptations whenever a life is in danger near her, be it someone else's or her own.

In addition to that, after the awakening of her half-Shi'ar side she has claws constantly and gold skin (a bit armored), and some strength and toughness. Plus she can do wings at will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.