Thanos Vs Superman (Slugfest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
Thanos is allowed to amp his strenght with cosmic power.
Discuss.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Discuss.

Is superman allowed Sundips?

guy222
Discuss.

I will give an answer. If I differ than u, that's ok

Priest
Discuss.
u trying to prove a point to some one?sly

juggernaut66666
srug

Roldz
Thanos. If he can go mano o mano w/ PG WMThor, Tyrant, Odin taking out Supes h2H should not be a problem..

Lets see Thanos amps via CP then charged his fist w/ mystical energies (Supes weakness) add that to his battle prowess, brutal and merciless personality i dont see Supes winning a fight is all..

Soljer
Thanos 10/10.

Strength Personified, *****.

horrorwolf
Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I say that Supers can match Thanos in hand to hand if Supers gets a good sun amp. Supers was able to beat the likes of the JLA even with ORion, when he had only been close to the sun. A good sun amp with his superior speed should give him a good chance againt Thanos. THanos 7/10 if SUpers is given a good sun amp.

Galan007
Wait.

So Thanos is allowed to amp up his strength, but Supes isn't? confused

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Galan007
Wait.

So Thanos is allowed to amp up his strength, but Supes isn't? confused
It is one of Thanos's ability to amp his strenght.
Sundipping isn't one of Superman's ability.

Priest
true,
I doubt Superman could hand with WM Thor w/ Powergem in a slug contest, that said, Thanos beats the living daylights out of the boyscout.

Galan007
Sundipping isn't one of Superman's ability. So can Supes use his speed or is this just basically a boxing match?

Flame On!!
Actually Thanos has the ability to draw on an external power source..... The power cosmic which he channels. He does not create it. Where is the difference between this and a boost in solar radiation through sundipping? Neither is an instant process.

-FO!!

nvrbeenwthagirl

Sundipping is one of superman's abilities. He does it all the time. Remember when DS had remarked on How strong Superman had Become. DS has been able to ***** slap Superman with great Ease. Superman had a good dose of Sunamp when he was rocking DS. Superman's strength Increases expontially when he sundips.

Flame On!!
So can Supes use his speed or is this just basically a boxing match?

Speed is useful in boxing matches.

smile

-FO!!

Priest
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Sundipping is one of superman's abilities. He does it all the time. Remember when DS had remarked on How strong Superman had Become. DS has been able to ***** slap Superman with great Ease. Superman had a good dose of Sunamp when he was rocking DS. Superman's strength Increases expontially when he sundips.
Wouldn't that count as leaving the battle field?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest

It could, depends on where the battle field is.

Flame On!!

It depends if you have set a boundary in the size of the battlefield. Comics involving beings like Superman usually how few boundaries to the battlefield.

-FO!!

Priest
It could, depends on where the battle field is.
Juggy dident specify that where the fighting is taken place, so, I'll assume that ist NOT taking place on the surface of the sun IMO.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This fight is really spite. Becuz Thanos is using his amping ablitity while it's not clear if Superman can sun amp. I'd bet that THanos wouldn't be able to beat Clark if Supers where any where near a sun. Hell put them in a sun and thanos gets knocked out in less than 5 minutes.

Flame On!!
Juggy dident specify that where the fighting is taken place, so, I'll assume that ist NOT taking place on the surface of the sun IMO.

Well as he didn't specify where, we can choose, lets make it on a white dwarf.

-FO!!

Joey Stacks
Superman could probably outflank Thanos and throw him into the sun keeping them both within fighting distance.

jasofisc
thanos real easy even if supes does sundip, Thanos is the guy that one shots surfer with a back hand, supes is not going to be a problem.

Galan007
Juggy dident specify that where the fighting is taken place, so, I'll assume that ist NOT taking place on the surface of the sun IMO. He didn't specify that there was no BFR either.

Galan007
This fight is really spite. Becuz Thanos is using his amping ablitity while it's not clear if Superman can sun amp. I'd bet that THanos wouldn't be able to beat Clark if Supers where any where near a sun. Hell put them in a sun and thanos gets knocked out in less than 5 minutes. Yeah, if Darky couldn't do it..... Thanos sure as hell can't IMO.

Flame On!!
He didn't specify that there was no BFR either.

As the size of the battlefield is not defined removal is impossible.

-FO!!

Priest
Originally posted by Flame On!!
Well as he didn't specify where, we can choose, lets make it on a white dwarf.

-FO!!
Lets make the fight on planet of Knite, how bout on a red sun
eh yahman?

Galan007
My 2 cents... twocents

If Superman can Sundip, then he takes it.

If Superman cannot Sundip, Thanos takes it.

Priest
My 2 cents... twocents

If Superman can Sundip, they he takes it.

If Superman cannot Sundip, Thanos takes it.
I'll go to bed with that.

Flame On!!
Lets make the fight on planet of Knite, how bout on a red sun
eh yahman?

I'm not Yahman.

-FO!!

Galan007
By Crom!!

shifty

Flame On!!
By Crom!!

shifty

Conan is a great comic.

-FO!!

dvampire
Superman wins. I think he's stronger and not holding back, using all of his power isn't something I don't think any character could take below skyfather level. Not to mention Superman is hell of alot quicker than Thanos and will be connecting alot more punches than Thanos will by far.

juggernaut66666
ohrly

bigbran
Discuss. I've already made this thread...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=410605

Soleran
Originally posted by Flame On!!
Speed is useful in boxing matches.

smile

-FO!!

Unless Thanos has training from Bruce Lee first.

Donkey Punch
Is Thanos allowed to use his protective shield ? All in all i cant really see Superman winning this, especially now i don't believe that the moon and planet moving feats are actually based on strength, but momentum power. Supes will hurt Thanos, but the Titan is just too resilient.Unless we are talking about Pre Crisis Superman, where the powers aren't fueled by the sun but derived from another source. smile

jasofisc
thanos doesn't get speed blitzed by anyone when surfer (a lot faster then supes) charges at him thanos just back hands him. no way is superman going to take him down in a fist fight, no way. Thanos is just a level ahead of supes in every way

bigbran
What the f*ck does "slugfest" mean to some people...
doh

Skeets
Originally posted by dvampire
Superman wins. I think he's stronger and not holding back, using all of his power isn't something I don't think any character could take below skyfather level. Not to mention Superman is hell of alot quicker than Thanos and will be connecting alot more punches than Thanos will by far.
Funniest thing I have heard in a while.
You stroke Superman harder than his some of his writers do.

bigbran
Originally posted by Skeets
You stroke Superman harder than his some of his writers do. laughing out loud
Some?

dvampire
You stroke Superman harder than his some of his writers do.

Superman wins IMO jackass. Let go of your Superman hate. I rather pick the quicker plus strong striker over the slower strong striker anyday. I see know reason why Superman shouldn't win, unless the thread starter depowers Supes for this match. And I always gave Supes a majority over Thanos. Check any of the vs. threads with them. I see no reason to change my mind in this one, since this is nothing but a repeated thread.

dvampire
Originally posted by jasofisc
thanos doesn't get speed blitzed by anyone when surfer (a lot faster then supes) charges at him thanos just back hands him. no way is superman going to take him down in a fist fight, no way. Thanos is just a level ahead of supes in every way

That's because Surfer doesn't have real Super speed, he's only fast in flight speed. Surfer gets biltzed by Thor, who doesn't have superspeed. I give this to Supes. There's noway for Thanos to defend against Supermans speedbiltz for this match (he's to slow).

nvrbeenwthagirl
That's because Surfer doesn't have real Super speed, he's only fast in flight speed. Surfer gets biltzed by Thor, who doesn't have superspeed. I give this to Supes. There's noway for Thanos to defend against Supermans speedbiltz for this match.

Thanos is very durable. A Speed blitz won't amount to much. Superman would have to throw his punches as hard as he does for doomsday in order for Thanos to feel it. And for that, one has to slow down to put thier all into thier punches. I can't remember seeing Thanos easily ***** slap anyone who was as strong and durable as superman. So Thanos would be pressed to gain a quick victory but he would still get it none the less.

Skeets
Superman wins IMO jackass. Let go of your Superman hate. I rather pick the quicker plus strong striker over the slower strong striker anyday. I see know reason why Superman shouldn't win, unless the thread starter depowers Supes for this match. And I always gave Supes a majority over Thanos. Check any of the vs. threads with them. I see no reason to change my mind in this one, since this is nothing but a repeated thread.
You're a funny guy."I don't think any character could take below skyfather level" that's pure comedy gold right there.

Me Superman hater? get real anyone who knows me would disagree with that statement.I just don't stroke him like you do.

Anyone who has a clue agrees that Thanos would curb stomp Superman any day.

The opinion of such a blatant Superman cock stroker can't really hold much water in a vs debate which involves...you know...Superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're a funny guy."I don't think any character could take below skyfather level" that's pure comedy gold right there.

Me Superman hater? get real anyone who knows me would disagree with that statement.I just don't stroke him like you do.

The opinion of such a blatant Superman cock stroker can't really hold much water in a vs debate which involves...you know...Superman.

You should be nicer.

dvampire

And Superman isn't.

It will when you have a character as strong as Superman.

If Supes throws as hard as he can plus using his Superspeed, I don't see Thanos standing very long. Thanos is durable, but he's not immune to physical attacks and can be hurt.

Superman. When he fought Doomsday years back, and both of them was fighting a superspeed, he put his all into his punches.

Well me and you are at a disagreement right here, I see Superman being the victor. Way faster striker is against a very slow striker, it's obvious who would win; for every punch Thanos throws, and actually do connect to Supes (if Supes doesn't use his speed), Superman will return 100 more. Unless Supes speed is cut off for this match, Thanos isn't going to fare to well.

dvampire

You're crying over someone picking Supes over Thanos, yeah, you're a Supes hater. Anyone who actaully let go of their bias, will clearly see that it's obvious that Superman would win. He's to quick for someone as slow as Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And Superman isn't.

It will when you have a character as strong as Superman.

If Supes throws as hard as he can plus using his Superspeed, I don't see Thanos standing very long. Thanos is durable, but he's not immune to physical attacks and can be hurt.

Superman. When he fought Doomsday years back, and both of them was fighting a superspeed, he put his all into his punches.

Well me and you are at a disagreement right here, I see Superman being the victor. Way faster striker is against a very slow striker, it's obvious who would win; for every punch Thanos throws, and actually do connect to Supes (if Supes doesn't use his speed), Superman will return 100 more. Unless Supes speed is cut off for this match, Thanos isn't going to fare to well.

I really can't see Superman being able to Dish out enough punishment to beat Thanos. Thanos has Taken shots from that big Odin gun. One has to be Odin lvl or higher to actually Hurt Thanos. ANd I don't EVER remember THanos being hurt by punches unless the person had an insane outside power up like MOrg with the WOL or Thor with the PG. Superman can hurt thanos with a sufficiant Sunamp. but on his regular showings, No.

Skeets
You're crying over someone picking Supes over Thanos, yeah, you're a Supes hater. Anyone who actaully let go of their bias, will clearly see that it's obvious that Superman would win. He's to quick for someone as slow as Thanos.

Your Logic is simply retarded to say the least.
If I don't pick Superman to beat Thanos,that makes me a Superman hater...more comedy code from dvampire,KMC's resident funny man.

"Let go of their bias" ever hear that phrase..wait how it goes again...um..oh yeah."The pot calling the kettle black" yeah that's the one ever hear it?

hush
it's not a stomp but just like superman vs DS job'ing off Thanos wins 7/10

dvampire

Well I can. The guy repaired a rift in space with his strength, can push planets, and pulled two ships that darft the solar system. Supes have more than enough strength to knock Thanos around.

And he's also been hurt by less. I don't know how much power Odin was using in his fight against Thanos, but past Odin has done alot worse in his battles than he did against Thanos; that whole battle was just a energy balsts fight anyways, that didn't really go into h2h. And yeah Supes isn't a god like Odin is, but he's still capable of dealing damage to Thanos, his has more than enough strength to do it. Supes is also crazy durable, and has fought against gods and god like beings before also, he's no slouch in the durability department either.

dvampire
Your Logic is simply retarded to say the least.
If I don't pick Superman to beat Thanos,that makes me a Superman hater...more comedy code from dvampire,KMC's resident funny man.

"Let go of their bias" ever hear that phrase..wait how it goes again...um..oh yeah."The pot calling the kettle black" yeah that's the one ever hear it?

You're doing all this crying, but havn't brung an argument yet. I think Supes win. What you going to do about?

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're doing all this crying, but havn't brung an argument yet. I think Supes win. What you going to do about?

There is no way in Hell Superman is beating Thanos. Thanos Beats Top tier Heralds. Thanos has even pwned a couple above the top tiers like phayla Vell and even fought Morg WOL very well. Superman really does need a serious Sun Amp to be able to Hang with Thanos.

bigbran
Well I can. The guy repaired a rift in space with his strength, can push planets, and pulled two ships that darft the solar system. Supes have more than enough strength to knock Thanos around.

And he's also been hurt by less. I don't know how much power Odin was using in his fight against Thanos, but past Odin has done alot worse in his battles than he did against Thanos; that whole battle was just a energy balsts fight anyways, that didn't really go into h2h. And yeah Supes isn't a god like Odin is, but he's still capable of dealing damage to Thanos, his has more than enough strength to do it. And, yet, needed MM and WW to pull the moon...

Past battles? Umm... the only real battle that everyone likes to bring up that he has done more, is when he fought Set... quite a few years after...

Also... even a weak Odin attack has more power than most top tiers can hope to withstand...
F*ck... Odin's weak energy attacks, both one-shotted Drax, and Surfer... and yet, a more powerful one, did nothing, not even make Thanos flinch...
Are you in some way saying that Superman will one-punch Surfer, or Drax?

dvampire
There is no way in Hell Superman is beating Thanos. Thanos Beats Top tier Heralds. Thanos has even pwned a couple above the top tiers like phayla Vell and even fought Morg WOL very well. Superman really does need a serious Sun Amp to be able to Hang with Thanos.

Supes is beating Thanos, I respect that you choose Thanos, but I disagree with you, I think Supes wins. And Supes also beat Hearld level beings, Thanos isn't the only one that has fought strong opponents now. Supes has also fought beings way out of his league, and done pretty well, sure he doesn't win, but he does put a fight and can take a pretty good beating. Supes will beat Thanos, without a sundip (which I think is overkill).

TricksterPriest
Let me put it this way. Supes has been beaten by people who were far less powerful than Thanos. Thanos, should be nicknamed 'the herald-buster', he takes down people on Supes's level regularly. He fights people like Odin and walks away under his own power. When was the last time anyone Supes level ever made Thanos bleed? Last time I can remember was WM Thor with the PG. Not to mention Thanos is a sadist, psychotic, and a better fighter than Supes. He's used to being speed-blitzed. Problem is, Thanos can take it. He's also alot faster than he lets on. He can more than hold his own in speed. Supes may be faster, but Thanos will outlast him. Not to mention Thanos is a much smarter fighter, and the magic weakness. Thanos's power is quasi-mystic. And magic is a major weakspot of superman's.

bigbran
Supes is beating Thanos, I respect that you choose Thanos, but I disagree with you, I think Supes wins. And Supes also beat Hearld level beings, Thanos isn't the only one that has fought strong opponents now. Supes has also fought beings way out of his league, and done pretty well, sure he doesn't win, but he does put a fight and can take a pretty good beating. Supes will beat Thanos, without a sundip (which I think is overkill). You think Thanos is as strong as Thor...
Obviously, some information is missing...

Skeets
Debating with you is like talking to a wall.
In your eyes Superman is DC's most powerful hero.Giving you reasons why Thanos would curb stomp superman is a waste of time.
You're just like Capt it up but with Superman...Ha Ha!!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Supes is beating Thanos, I respect that you choose Thanos, but I disagree with you, I think Supes wins. And Supes also beat Hearld level beings, Thanos isn't the only one that has fought strong opponents now. Supes has also fought beings way out of his league, and done pretty well, sure he doesn't win, but he does put a fight and can take a pretty good beating. Supes will beat Thanos, without a sundip (which I think is overkill).

I think you need to do some soul searching. Superman bloodlusted and insane with grief was Pounding the shit out of WW and he didn't manage to do anything but make her blink out for a pico second. Thanos Durabiliy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WW's.

dvampire
Originally posted by bigbran

Years ago.

He's been in alot more.

Yeah right.

Drax is always getting owned (and this is the guy that killed Thanos).

I'm saying that he will beat Thanos.

bigbran
Debating with you is like talking to a wall.
In your eyes Superman is DC's most powerful hero.Giving you reasons why Thanos would curb stomp superman is a waste of time.
You're just like Capt it up but with Superman...Ha Ha!! Hey, hey... let's not go overboard...

Capt it Up is at least informed, or tries to get knowledge on the opponent... I have also saw him admit he was wrong... something, some people are incapable of...

Skeets
Hey, hey... let's not go overboard...

Capt it Up is at least informed, or tries to get knowledge on the opponent... I have also saw him admit he was wrong... something, some people are incapable of...
Yeah,Capt it up is very well informed,I give him that.
I was just making the comparison of how they both cling on their respected characters,and hardly listen to reason.

dvampire
I think you need to do some soul searching. Superman bloodlusted and insane with grief was Pounding the shit out of WW and he didn't manage to do anything but make her blink out for a pico second. Thanos Durabiliy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WW's.

Yeah, and then Supes strength also put a hurting on DD, Darksied, Lobo, Oblivion (he didn't beat him, but he was hurting him), and plenty others. That fight was in a WW comic, and had Supes fighting like an idiot, but even when Supes did hit WW, she blacked out (which was really the only real punch he landed on WW, and look what it actually did to her?).

bigbran
Years ago.
The same year, he moved something the size of a solar system?

He's been in alot more. Name them. I have every Thor comic, and the only one I remember even being close, was when he fought across the universe, which was a one-time feat...

Yeah right. Ignoring evidence doesn't make you right...
He one-shotted Surfer, and Drax... are they not top tier?

Drax is always getting owned (and this is the guy that killed Thanos). Did you even read Annihilation?
Thanos never fought him, and this time, Drax had a touch of the good writing, and he wasn't dumb...
However, he did cheapshot him, and this was the only time he had ever shown his hidden power...

Also, I see you didn't answer the Surfer one...

I'm saying that he will beat Thanos. No, no, you didn't answer the question... are you saying he will one-shot Surfer, or Drax?

dvampire
You think Thanos is as strong as Thor...
Obviously, some information is missing...

When has Thanos ever actually fought Thor? Never. So I won't put him above Thor.

TricksterPriest
When has Thanos ever actually fought Thor? Never. So I won't put him above Thor.
Let's see, how many scans can I find of this? roll eyes (sarcastic) I'll be back in a minute or two, to stuff your own words down your throat.

TricksterPriest
Ok wiseguy, you asked for it.

Stops Mjolnir in it's tracks.
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9413/energy18bb3.jpg

Matches strength with Thor, punch to punch.
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2986/strength6dd5.jpg

Oneshots Thing and Thor
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/587/fight61ol0.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6950/fight62ck0.jpg

Beats up Scarlet Witch and Thor.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7683/fight19gl7.jpg

Thanos fighting WM Thor with the PG.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/356/fight111gp1.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7690/fight112kj4.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1226/fight113zn7.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4118/fight114qq0.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4254/fight115lh6.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6318/fight116pu1.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5390/fight117lw7.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/808/fight118wy8.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1403/fight119al6.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9225/fight1110zy8.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3715/fight1111iu9.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2671/fight1112nr8.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/146/fight1113vy2.jpg

How about a nice tall glass of STFU? stick out tongue

bigbran
When has Thanos ever actually fought Thor? Never. So I won't put him above Thor. Does WM Thor with the PG count?

Nope, because he has never fought Thor... ermm

What about when he took Thor's best blow, and everyone uses that for Thor beating Thanos, and yet, Thanos was perfectly fine when evidence isn't ignored?

Shit... he has never fought Thor... ermm

Umm... when he dropped Thor's hammer like a toy?

Also, Thanos has never fought Rhino either... GOT DANM! Rhino be on Thanos's strength too... of course, using some really, good logic...ermm

Also, how come battle feats don't count for anything these days... it's all about lifting, or they have to fight someone...

dvampire

Yeah and is now capable of moving and destroying planets now. And has held a black hole. He doesn't stay the same, he's a character that constantly grows in strength.

Which was his better days. But moving on.

Drax one-shotted Thanos (who's also top tier).

So he was killed by another top tier character.

That's because Surfer is always getting but beaten by beings stronger than him. Thor, Thanos, and Odin. It's no suprise to me.

I'm saying that he will beat Thanos. That's what I'm saying.

Skeets
Yeah,they never fought..Thanos did beat this guy with a hammer that looked very similar to Thor's.His name escapes me at the moment....

Seriously the more you post the more you expose yourself to not knowing anything about Thanos and anything non-Superman related.

Superman wins because he's Superman....Ha!

dvampire
Does WM Thor with the PG count?

Nope, because he has never fought Thor... ermm

What about when he took Thor's best blow, and everyone uses that for Thor beating Thanos, and yet, Thanos was perfectly fine when evidence isn't ignored?

Shit... he has never fought Thor... ermm

Umm... when he dropped Thor's hammer like a toy?

Also, Thanos has never fought Rhino either... GOT DANM! Rhino be on Thanos's strength too... of course, using some really, good logic...ermm

Also, how come strength feats don't count for anything these days... it's all about lifting, or they have to fight someone...

Thor won that battle. But I don't consider that a real win, since his had the PG. They also fought another time with Thor being the victor again, but both of them was powered up. And Thanos also fought Matterson Thor with the power gem, and wasn't able to put him down (only Thing). I want to see Them both fight without power ups, until then, I still consider them both equal.

bigbran
Yeah and is now capable of moving and destroying planets now. And has held a black hole. He doesn't stay the same, he's a character that constantly grows in strength. He went from needing help moving the moon (by two people on his strength level), to moving a solar system thing, in the same year... no expression

Which was his better days. But moving on. laughing
Wow... wow... makes me sad to be on the recieving end of a knowledge beatdown...

Drax one-shotted Thanos (who's also top tier). laughing laughing laughing
So, can I start bringing up Superman being beaten by red sun, and kryptonite then?

So he was killed by another top tier character. So that's a no, on you reading Annihilation then?

That's because Surfer is always getting but beaten by beings stronger than him. Thor, Thanos, and Odin. It's no suprise to me. Thor has never fought Surfer under normal circumstances...

Geeze... Odin, and Thanos... what a low showing!

Also, you forgot to mention when he got his ass kicked by Uni-Lord... oh no, wait, he didn't...

I'm saying that he will beat Thanos. That's what I'm saying. So that's a yes?

Also, a question I would like to ask... what exactly do you think a slugfest means?

tkitna
This is pretty silly. Superman is not going to beat Thanos.

bigbran
Thor won that battle. But I don't consider that a real win, since his had the PG. They also fought another time with Thor being the victor again, but both of them was powered up. And Thanos also fought Matterson Thor with the power gem, and wasn't able to put him down (only Thing). I want to see Them both fight without power ups, until then, I still consider them both equal. Umm... no he didn't...
Seriously... when exactly did Thor have the edge in that fight?

Also, when Thanos beat Thor, he showed the exact same ability on Odin...

Umm... Thanos wasn't paying attention to Thor really, and then Thor broke all of his weapons, and then beat him...
Thor also had the Odin Force... and the Belt of Strenth... (Odin x 2?)
He basically beat a regular Thanos...
Except it was a clone, but it still wasn't a bad showing.

Are you talking about the IG saga? You have to be kidding me if you are actually using that for a reference... anyway, first off, regular good Thor has never done that... what in the blue f*ck do you think Masterson is going to do?

He was kicking Thing and Thor's asses... no actually... he had both Thing and Thor down before Warlock showed up...
That was before he was powered up a couple times...

What if Thor was powered up, and his whole series revolved around him beating the Infinity Watch... then he gets the Power Gem, and stalemates Thanos (pre power up, from when he powered himself up with Tyrant's orb)?
That would almost certainly put Thanos above regular Thor...

dvampire

To pushing planets and holding blackholes today.

:Huh:

Which he proved to overcome countless of times.

Waste of writting.

Thor beaten Surfer

I never said it was low showing for Thanos.

:Huh:

Yeah, Superman will beat Thanos.

What's with all the questions? confused

TricksterPriest
you are a ****ing moron. You have been pwned several times in this thread. And you dared to claim Thor will beat Thanos and that they have never fought, after I showed you several times when Thanos beat Thor's blond ass into the ground. You are a biased idiot and a complete failure as a debater.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Red%20Sigs/mumra.jpg

And you didn't even have the decency to recoqnize that you were proven wrong on Thor fighting Thanos. miffed

dvampire

When Thanos ran to get his weapon (that's one fight), and when Thor KOed him in the other (the other one when both of them were powered up).

Thanos never beat Thor.

You forgot to mention that Thanos was powered up to, and he was paying attention, it's kind of hard to ignore someone when they call you out to fight. Thor beat him.

Masterson Thor put up a fight and held his own against a powered up Thanos.

M. Thor was still standing, Thing was the only one that went down. And both of them was to pretty well against the Thanos, especially M. Thor.

He beat Thanos, it wasn't a stalemate since Thanos fled to get his weapon.

Anways back on topic, Supes wins as I've said already before all the hate and insults.

dvampire
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
you are a ****ing moron. You have been pwned several times in this thread. And you dared to claim Thor will beat Thanos and that they have never fought, after I showed you several times when Thanos beat Thor's blond ass into the ground. You are a biased idiot and a complete failure as a debater.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Red%20Sigs/mumra.jpg

And you didn't even have the decency to recoqnize that you were proven wrong on Thor fighting Thanos. miffed

I really think you are a crazy! And I wasn't proven wrong about anything (sorry).

TricksterPriest
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Red%20Sigs/regis.jpg

Just stop. You've been proven wrong so many times here. Even Nvr, who used to, and probably still doesn't like Thanos very much, says Supes is screwed without a major sun amp, and even then he's probably not taking a majority. What are you, the devilgoblin of Superman fans? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Skeets
I told you guys it's like talking to a wall...

Superman wins because he's Superman.
No matter what you post,or proof that suggest otherwise Superman still wins and easily I might add.

more comedy gold from dvampire,KMC's resident funny man.

HA HA!!

TricksterPriest

HA HA!!

Yeah I know, but I had to try. roll eyes (sarcastic) At least I got the chance to pwn him with the scans of Thanos taking out Thor. laughing

dvampire
Yeah I know, but I had to try. roll eyes (sarcastic) At least I got the chance to pwn him with the scans of Thanos taking out Thor. laughing

You havn't shown anything. You showed Thanos being powered up when he was fighting M. Thor. Show a scan of Thor actually being beaten by Thanos without powerups? Can you do that?

dvampire

Superman wins because he's Superman.
No matter what you post,or proof that suggest otherwise Superman still wins and easily I might add.

HA HA!!

Superman wins because he's way faster and just as strong if not stronger. that's why he wins (which I stated countless of times, you just can't except that I chose Supes and not Thanos, the character that is clearly out matched). It's a shame the way you people act over a vs. thread.

dvampire
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Red%20Sigs/regis.jpg

Just stop. You've been proven wrong so many times here. Even Nvr, who used to, and probably still doesn't like Thanos very much, says Supes is screwed without a major sun amp, and even then he's probably not taking a majority. What are you, the devilgoblin of Superman fans? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I havn't been proven wrong, only insulted and tanrums being tossed at me by at huge Thanos fanbase. Again Supes wins.

Martian_mind
I thought you said Thor has never fought Thanos.

Tricker proved you wrong.

you said you hadn't been proved wrong,i proved you wrong.

dvampire
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I thought you said Thor has never fought Thanos.

Tricker proved you wrong.

you said you hadn't been proved wrong,i poroved you wrong.

Thor andThanos have never fought in an actual battle without the use of items. He hasn't proven anything. You also failed to prove me wrong. Show full scans of Thanos taking Thor out in a fight without powerups. It's never happened.

juggernaut66666
That's because Surfer doesn't have real Super speed, he's only fast in flight speed. Surfer gets biltzed by Thor, who doesn't have superspeed. I give this to Supes. There's noway for Thanos to defend against Supermans speedbiltz for this match (he's to slow).
This is a slugfest idiot.
no expression

Martian_mind
?

are you talking about Mjolinir?

if so,......then Thanos can beat Thor with an Item he always carries.However there's no real reason to prove you wrong as all the intelligent and logical debaters back Thanos.Hell even someone who makes you look like a retarded puppy when it comes to Superman thinks your wrong.

I win WOOT!!!

dvampire
Originally posted by Martian_mind
?

are you talking about Mjolinir?

if so,......then Thanos can beat Thor with an Item he always carries.However there's no real reason to prove you wrong as all the intelligent and logical debaters back Thanos.Hell even someone who makes you look like a retarded puppy when it comes to Superman thinks your wrong.

I win WOOT!!!

Thor isn't Thor without Mjolinir. Again, Supes wins. Insult me all you want. I'm stating to think i need to bring a mod in here. This thread has brung some of the most disrespecting people (must be that Thanos disease).

dvampire
This is a slugfest idiot.
no expression

I know that. Who said Supes speed couldn't be used in a slug fest? You really need to chill with the insults, it's very childish.

juggernaut66666
Thor isn't Thor without Mjolinir. Again, Supes wins. Insult me all you want. I'm stating to think i need to bring a mod in here. This thread has brung some of the most disrespecting people.
crylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaugh
Do us a favor and read the Thanos respect thread.
Ok,thanks ,bye.

dvampire
crylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaugh
Do us a favor and read the Thanos respect thread.
Ok,thanks ,bye.

Read the Superman respect thread.

long pig
Sorry Thanos fanboys, but Thanos wouldn't win this fight. He's not fast enough to win and his durability isn't THAT great when he doesn't have shields.

Champion jobbed to him and he used shields, so that's a moot feat for this.

Hell, I happen to doubt that Thanos' reflexes are above someone like Thor's, he's never shown superhuman speed reflexes.

Superman wins.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by long pig
Sorry Thanos fanboys, but Thanos wouldn't win this fight. He's not fast enough to win and his durability isn't THAT great when he doesn't have shields.

Hell, I happen to doubt that Thanos' reflexes are above someone like Thor's, he's never shown superhuman speed reflexes.

Superman wins.
That's why he survived an attack from the Beyonder.

TricksterPriest
Champ had the PG, and Thanos has been speedblitzed by Surfer and Fallen One, both of whom failed miserably. You seriously underestimate Thanos. He can beat Supes and his durability IS that great.

long pig
Please, you don't know what you're talking about. Surfer has lightspeed reactions and proved it in the scan where he moved his arms faster than light and proved it another time when he dodged meteors while going FTL.
He proved it when he flew to earth FTL, unchained and unhooked a girl then flew hundreds of lightyears away in 5 nanoseconds.

You're ****ing insane.

Skeets

Superman wins.
Whoa! I gotta lay off the peyote. and by "I" I mean You.

long pig
That's why he survived an attack from the Beyonder.
Shields. He always uses them...always. When he doesn't, like when Thor bloodied his nose or when he was going to kill himself with a nuclear bomb, he's no more durable than Superman.

Champ had the PG, and Thanos has been speedblitzed by Surfer and Fallen One, both of whom failed miserably. You seriously underestimate Thanos. He can beat Supes and his durability IS that great.
Again, shields. Plus, he's Thanos, everyone jobs to him. Surfer never blitzes him, instead he h2h fights him like a dumbass. Runner blitzed him, though.

You seem to forget that comic fights against two popular characters are sort of staged. The writer LOWERS the more powerful fighter's power/speed and HEIGHTENS the less powerful fighter just so the fight is close or people wouldn't buy the comic. It's happened since comics were first made.

Go by NON-combat feats for Superman and NON combat feats for Thanos. Clearly Thanos is slower and he's not more durable.

Thanos doesn't have even CLOSE to Superman's speed.

long pig
Whoa! I gotta lay off the peyote. and by "I" I mean You.
Prooooooooooooooove me wrong. Show me a non-combat feat that has Thanos doing anything speed wise on par with Superman. Hell, anything speedwise on par with quicksilver for that matter.

Read above why combat feats shouldn't hold much sway.

TricksterPriest
Surfer is fast, though between him and Supes, the faster is debatable. But what isn't debatable is that Thanos can't be speedblitzed by the likes of Surfer. Thanos is not gonna lose this one.

Skeets
Prooooooooooooooove me wrong. Show me a non-combat feat that has Thanos doing anything speed wise on par with Superman. Hell, anything speedwise on par with quicksilver for that matter.

Thanos has ran up a few flights of steps to his Thanos-copter in less than a nano-second is that good enough?

long pig
Surfer is fast, though between him and Supes, the faster is debatable. But what isn't debatable is that Thanos can't be speedblitzed by the likes of Surfer. Thanos is not gonna lose this one.
He can't be blitzed even though he has been blitzed before? What makes you think Superman can't blitz him or at least punch and fly away and keep on doing that?

Surfer is more powerful than Thanos, but he NEVER goes all out against Thanos. Never Blitzes him...they fight h2h. Why? Cuz Thanos is simply Hulk+Dr.Doom. That's all he is, a smart brick.

He's not that poweful, dude.

HULKSTER04
Why make it hard on yourselves, you only need Hulk in this battle and then it's all over.

long pig
Thanos has ran up a few flights of steps to his Thanos-copter in less than a nano-second is that good enough?
No.
Comic number and name.

He doesn't have a thanos-copter did he, I think he only had that on those hostess pie ads with spiderman.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by HULKSTER04
Why make it hard on yourselves, you only need Hulk in this battle and then it's all over.
Hush,hush little idiot.smile

long pig
If you take away Thanos' other powers like this thread has, Thanos IS the Hulk....and that's it. And everyone knows Superman eats the Hulk.

The only difference is Hulk can get stronger than Thanos over time.

TricksterPriest
Thanos beating a speed blitzting Fallen One.

1.http://img239.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen11eg.jpg
2.http://img228.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen28zb.jpg
3.http://img227.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen38zs.jpg
4.http://img118.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen44os.jpg
5.http://img130.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen53ye.jpg
6.http://img155.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen69kx.jpg
7.http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen70yt.jpg
8.http://img99.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img9...=fallen83zh.jpg

juggernaut66666
If you take away Thanos' other powers like this thread has, Thanos IS the Hulk....and that's it. And everyone knows Superman eats the Hulk.

The only difference is Hulk can get stronger than Thanos over time.
Thanos is allowed to amp his strenght and he doesn't fight like a moron.

Skeets
No.
Comic number and name.

He doesn't have a thanos-copter did he, I think he only had that on those hostess pie ads with spiderman.
I was just fecking around...

I would find some stuff but I'm ****ing tired it's almost 6 over here.

long pig
I was just fecking around...

I would find some stuff but I'm ****ing tired it's almost 6 over here.
There's really none to find. His only speed feats are when he holds his own against superspeeders...which, due to the fact that they depower speeders when they fight non-speeders, holds no weight at all.Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thanos beating a speed blitzting Fallen One.

1.http://img239.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen11eg.jpg
2.http://img228.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen28zb.jpg
3.http://img227.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen38zs.jpg
4.http://img118.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen44os.jpg
5.http://img130.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen53ye.jpg
6.http://img155.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen69kx.jpg
7.http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...=fallen70yt.jpg
8.http://img99.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img9...=fallen83zh.jpg
Like I said, battle feats hold very little water when any non speeder fights a speeder. Look at WW fighting Zoom and winning, Deathstroke beating Flash, Wolvie beating Northstar, Wolvie beating Quicksilver.

It means nothing! Why? Because they always depower the speeder so the non-speeder (thanos WW Wolvie Deathstroke) has a chance.

tkitna
Lets see here, we're arguing that the Surfer, Thor, Warlock, Drax, Hulk, etc,,should be able to beat Thanos, but yet thanos has beaten them countless times (some at the same time) and people are saying that Superman can beat him? So in the same breath, Superman should be able to beat Surfer, Thor, Warlock, Drax, Hulk, etc,,, everytime with relative ease? I dont think so.

Honestly, Thanos is far above the aformentioned characters. Yes, he is more durable than Superman and could withstand any attack Superman attempted. Thanos on a regular basis fights and holds his own against characters like Odin, Galactus, Runner, etc,,,,.

This is dumb. Sorry to all, but Superman loses.

Magee
Superman is far stronger than all them characters except maybe the potential of Hulk.

leonidas
He can't be blitzed even though he has been blitzed before? What makes you think Superman can't blitz him or at least punch and fly away and keep on doing that?

Surfer is more powerful than Thanos, but he NEVER goes all out against Thanos. Never Blitzes him...they fight h2h. Why? Cuz Thanos is simply Hulk+Dr.Doom. That's all he is, a smart brick.

He's not that poweful, dude.

damn, lp going to the wall for supes! Happy Dance

i seem to recall a thread of yours that was pretty good . . . shifty

Soleran

Lets not forget Runner either in the fights with speed.

I know Despero had TP but in a slugfest I never saw him use speed and he wrecked Superman.

BobbyD
...... Odin has done alot worse in his battles than he did against Thanos; that whole battle was just a energy balsts fight anyways, that didn't really go into h2h. And yeah Supes isn't a god like Odin is, but he's still capable of dealing damage to Thanos, his has more than enough strength to do it. Supes is also crazy durable, and has fought against gods and god like beings before also, he's no slouch in the durability department either.

Finally, someone said the most important detail in this whole fight re: Thanos and Odin. Kudos, Dvamp. wink

Apparently, people do not understand what a h2h slugfest is.

For the record I think Thanos takes the majority, but under the circumstances with 100s of 100+ ton bombs landing on you every second, even Thanos would raise an eyebrow, or feel this type of punishment. Forget about some scared guy on a surfboard, and I love SS.

Secondly, Clark fears nothing. He might be slowed, impressed, exhausted, and eventually succomb. But, Kryptonite woundn't stop him from trying to get your own cat out of a tree. What does the mere presence of Thanos do for him? Nothing people. Clark's biggest attribute is his heart.....it is immeasurable-something Thanos cannot account for or strategize against.

Yeah, there a lot of Supe fanboys, and clearly there are a ton of Thanos fanboys also. It's understandable, but let's keep this a clear subjective debate if that's at all even possible.

Donkey Punch
I don't think any character could take below Sky father level.

Thats a subjective interpretation which has been disproved, (See sacrifice), and yet very applicable to Thanos. And when we are referring Sky father in this sense, we are talking about Odin (By far and away the most powerful Sky father) no the wimp thatDarksied has become. smile

Donkey Punch

Exactly ! big grin

You are a cock stroker. smile

Donkey Punch

Beats up Scarlet Witch and Thor.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7683/fight19gl7.jpg

Which comic is this from, looks cool. smile

Thanos fighting WM Thor with the PG.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/356/fight111gp1.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7690/fight112kj4.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1226/fight113zn7.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4118/fight114qq0.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4254/fight115lh6.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6318/fight116pu1.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5390/fight117lw7.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/808/fight118wy8.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1403/fight119al6.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9225/fight1110zy8.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3715/fight1111iu9.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2671/fight1112nr8.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/146/fight1113vy2.jpg

How about a nice tall glass of STFU? stick out tongue

I've always wanted to see that fight, I don't think it convincingly shows Thanos beating him. I mean he says he grew 'weary', but he's probably engaging in hyperbole, so he maintains his rep in front of the Surfer. I think Thor was easily matching him there, and he did Far better than Champion did with the power gem. smile

Donkey Punch
Let me put it this way. Supes has been beaten by people who were far less powerful than Thanos. Thanos, should be nicknamed 'the herald-buster', he takes down people on Supes's level regularly. He fights people like Odin and walks away under his own power. When was the last time anyone Supes level ever made Thanos bleed? Last time I can remember was WM Thor with the PG. Not to mention Thanos is a sadist, psychotic, and a better fighter than Supes. He's used to being speed-blitzed. Problem is, Thanos can take it. He's also alot faster than he lets on. He can more than hold his own in speed. Supes may be faster, but Thanos will outlast him. Not to mention Thanos is a much smarter fighter, and the magic weakness. Thanos's power is quasi-mystic. And magic is a major weakspot of superman's.

Great answer, you've pretty much sumed up everything I wanted to say. smile

BobbyD
I just have one question if someone can answer this for me?

I only know of one fight between Champion and Thanos. Did they fight more than that? Input greatly appreciated, thanks. smile

Juntai
As if Superman hasn't beaten people of Thanos' level or more.
And making it hand to hand gives him a distinct advantage here.

Juntai
Originally posted by Donkey Punch
Thats a subjective interpretation which has been disproved, (See sacrifice), and yet very applicable to Thanos. And when we are referring Sky father in this sense, we are talking about Odin (By far and away the most powerful Sky father) no the wimp thatDarksied has become. smile The wimp Darkseid has become...?
Losing to Supes going all out makes you a wimp?

BobbyD
Originally posted by BobbyD
I just have one question if someone can answer this for me?

I only know of one fight between Champion and Thanos. Did they fight more than that? Input greatly appreciated, thanks. smile

Hello? Anyone?

Crickets? confused

Juntai
The only one I've read was Thanos Quest.

jasofisc

surfer does have real super speed he has traded blows with gladiator who is easily as fast if not faster then supes. Thor does have superspeed it has been documented that he is as fast as his lightning that he commands.

There are so many ways thanos can defend against a speedbiltz. In so many way like being faster then supes if he wanted to. Once again surfer has real superspead and thanos just backhands him away. Thanos decimates teams of superman level characters. So yeah supes is too slow and not near strong enough to do much is any damage.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Juntai
The wimp Darkseid has become...?

yeah if you are suppose to be the dc version of Galactus.

jasofisc
As if Superman hasn't beaten people of Thanos' level or more.
And making it hand to hand gives him a distinct advantage here.

Thanos has beaten teams of superman level characters and he's not marvel's cash cow like supes is.

Symmetric Chaos
yeah if you are suppose to be the dc version of Galactus.

Sentry is the new Marvel version of Superman though stick out tongue

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sentry is the new Marvel version of Superman though stick out tongue

But what's going to happen to Gladiator then? sly

BobbyD
The only one I've read was Thanos Quest.

Thanks, Juntai. It is the only one I know of also.

But, I'd like to use this fight as an example of perhaps when Thanos (seeing as how intelligent he is n' all) will use other skills than to take on a brick H2H. He basically used his shields, energy blasts and teleportation skills to evade/beat Champion. I don't know about anyone else, but unless I am speaking about the wrong fight, I didn't see the Mad Titan standing toe to toe with Champion, did you?

Maybe Thanos knows something....people. wink

And for all you other clowns out there who keep dragging Odin into the thread to support your claim for Thanos, go back and re-read the thread. This is virtually a boxing match. Thanos can't use his other skills. It comes down to his fists, durability (big factor here), and reflexes. Lastly, why on earth does Thanos need to amp his strength for this fight?

This is good fight. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is a fanboy either way.

Cheers.

jasofisc

show me a feat where he actually uses his own power to get around. thanos is one of those villains that doesn't just fly around everywhere or run superfast around worlds. Why the crap would he. show me a scan of him running and saying that he can't run anyfaster. because he doesn't run around like flash and supes means you can't use somthing he doesn't do and say that he's slow. So all we have is him fighting people who are superfast going all out and still not able to out do him.

Juntai
Thanos has beaten teams of superman level characters and he's not marvel's cash cow like supes is.
Superman has beaten up teams of "Superman level" characters too.
We're talking bloodlusted Superman here.
When he stops holding back, he fights off gods and demons, and some of the most powerful guys in the universe.
And his feats are easily as impressive as Thanos'.
And his speed is unrivaled, remember he flew Darkseid to the sun in midsentence. Interplanetary many times in moments or minutes.
His strength stands as pretty much the forum-wide benchmark, even when he's NOT bloodlusted. Just his normal happy-go-lucky self is considered nearly the strongest physical specimen around.
His durability is enough to get punched to the moon and stay conscious, through a planet and stay conscious, the power to annihilate a city? Survived that. The power of millions of nukes? Survived that. The power to wipe a solar system? Survived that. How about a black hole? Thanos nearly died to one, Superman's survived that.

jasofisc
Thanks, Juntai. It is the only one I know of also.

But, I'd like to use this fight as an example of perhaps when Thanos (seeing as how intelligent he is n' all) will use other skills than to take on a brick H2H. He basically used his shields, energy blasts and teleportation skills to evade/beat Champion. I don't know about anyone else, but unless I am speaking about the wrong fight, I didn't see the Mad Titan standing toe to toe with Champion, did you?

Maybe Thanos knows something....people. wink

And for all you other clowns out there who keep dragging Odin into the thread to support your claim for Thanos, go back and re-read the thread. This is virtually a boxing match. Thanos can't use his other skills. It comes down to his fists, durability (big factor here), and reflexes. Lastly, why on earth does Thanos need to amp his strength for this fight?

This is good fight. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is a fanboy either way.

Cheers.

in the champion fight we used some very impressive hand to hand fighting techniques. But that is one fight, and yes thanos does often use a multitude of powers to take people down because he can.

it's not that good of a fight i'm sorry friend and i'm not a thanos fan let alone a fanboy. thanos has shown so many times to be able to take down people who are faster and stronger then supes with only physical force. It's not fanboyism it's going though the thanos and supes repect thread and seeing that even physically there is a huge gap.

jasofisc
Superman has beaten up teams of "Superman level" characters too.
We're talking bloodlusted Superman here.
When he stops holding back, he fights off gods and demons, and some of the most powerful guys in the universe.
And his feats are easily as impressive as Thanos'.
And his speed is unrivaled, remember he flew Darkseid to the sun in midsentence. Interplanetary many times in moments or minutes.
His strength stands as pretty much the forum-wide benchmark, even when he's NOT bloodlusted. Just his normal happy-go-lucky self is considered nearly the strongest physical specimen around.
His durability is enough to get punched to the moon and stay conscious, through a planet and stay conscious, the power to annihilate a city? Survived that. The power of millions of nukes? Survived that. The power to wipe a solar system? Survived that.

thanos can survive all of that, and the part that makes superman fanboys so pissed is that he can survive that according to his power set. thanos who is not a cash cow for marvel (unlike superman who is a cash cow for DC) doesn't get riducules power up all the time from writers who love superman more then there partners in life. And thanos is still more power full then supes. maybe in a couple of years when superman is offically a part of the quintcessness but not now and now and not even a year back.

Juntai
thanos can survive all of that, and the part that makes superman fanboys so pissed is that he can survive that according to his power set. thanos who is not a cash cow for marvel (unlike superman who is a cash cow for DC) doesn't get riducules power up all the time from writers who love superman more then there partners in life. And thanos is still more power full then supes. maybe in a couple of years when superman is offically a part of the quintcessness but not now and now and not even a year back. lol, so all you got is Superman is a cash cow?
I'll consider the arguement over until a different debator brings something useful to the table.

BobbyD
in the champion fight we used some very impressive hand to hand fighting techniques. But that is one fight, and yes thanos does often use a multitude of powers to take people down because he can.

it's not that good of a fight i'm sorry friend and i'm not a thanos fan let alone a fanboy. thanos has shown so many times to be able to take down people who are faster and stronger then supes with only physical force. It's not fanboyism it's going though the thanos and supes repect thread and seeing that even physically there is a huge gap.

Forgive me, I don't mean to come off antagonistic. I just like a good debate. With all due respect to your reply, how many people off the top of your head, can you say are able to take the majority in a straight up boxing match against Superman....no heat vision, no breathing cold air, etc, etc.? And we're talking Thanos level and lower....

Just straight up fists?

There are not many, no?

Priest
lol, so all you got is Superman is a cash cow?
I'll consider the arguement over until a different debator brings something to the table.
All those examples of superman's durability can be trumped by thanos.

BobbyD
We're talking bloodlusted Superman here....

Indeed! Maybe I just don't see it or can't understand it. But let us say that Thanos snaps Lois Lane's neck.

...the Mad Titan will see character his level and lower that he has neeeeevvver encountered before.

jasofisc
just to let every one know a couple little truths about characters in comics if they were ever written right and not according to who can get the most money.

1. wolverine can't beat hulk, dr. doom, namor, and quite a few others even if they get some of there powers taken away. (example if doom doesn't have is incineration gun he can still beat wolverine)
2. batman can't beat superman wonderwoman, and any other top tier heros by prep time. the only way he's going to beat any of them is with an extreamly power source that he can't get by any normal means
3. Spiderman can't beat hearld level characters unless they are ko'd another source.
4. Superman even going all out should not be able to take down a skyfather level (even a low skyfather level) character. He does not have that kind of power. but because he's the cash cow he does because for some reason dc thinks comic sales are tied to feats.

jasofisc
Indeed! Maybe I just don't see it or can't understand it. But let us say that Thanos snaps Lois Lane's neck.

...the Mad Titan will see character his level and lower that he has neeeeevvver encountered before.

so the mad titan has encountered the beyonder and galactus and they are lower then supes blood lusted. I'm strait up calling you a fanboy now

BobbyD
so the mad titan has encountered the beyonder and galactus and they are lower then supes blood lusted. I'm strait up calling you a fanboy now

Dude, I did give Thanos the odds if you go back and read some of my old threads. Yes, I like Supes....in fact, he is my favorite. But, I an not devoid of being partial either. I have this role in my career and outside of the work place.

Perhaps, I just cannot simply see it.

Maybe you can clarify something for me: Was Thanos trading fists with the Beyonder and Galactus?

Accel
The wimp Darkseid has become...?
It does for Darkseid.

jasofisc
lol, so all you got is Superman is a cash cow?
I'll consider the arguement over until a different debator brings something useful to the table.

I don't need to state what i've already stated and what others have already stated. I was just answers why supes is able to take down guys he shouldn't. Serouly he lost more in PC times then he did in current times. he was even able to take down a PC level superboy prime at the end. is there no limit to what certain people will except as a high end feat and never call PIS.

Juntai
All those examples of superman's durability can be trumped by thanos. I've read a lot of Thanos and I don't agree. Most of his durability feats are because of his shields, and many of his wins against powerful opponents are because of outside forces than his own. Not to say that he's weak however.

jasofisc
Dude, I did give Thanos the odds if you go back and read some of my old threads. Yes, I like Supes....in fact, he is my favorite. But, I an not devoid of being partial either. I have this role in my career and outside of the work place.

Perhaps, I just cannot simply see it.

Maybe you can clarify something for me: Was Thanos trading fists with the Beyonder and Galactus?

what I took from your post before was that if supes goes all out then thanos will be seeing or faceing a character that was beyond any character he's seen or faced before. Thanos has felt the burnt of gal hitting him with a lot of power to where it took a second blast. Sure he had shields up but even so that a lot of durability. and he has seen the beyonder (I can't remember if they fought or not but he did beat down a sort of beyonder according to his respect thread) so maybe I mis read your statement but if I didn't Iw ould say it's very fanboyish.

Juntai

Superman even going all out should not be able to take down a skyfather level (even a low skyfather level) character. He does not have that kind of power. but because he's the cash cow he does because for some reason dc thinks comic sales are tied to feats. lmao.

Juntai
Originally posted by Accel
It does for Darkseid. OK, I was just clarifying.

Priest
This is too freaking funny, thanos would beat the crap out of Superman, in any senario, essecially in a slug fest imo..
Thor alone would give superman a run for his money in a slug fest.
the following scans below displays a "slugfest" confontation between thor and thanos.
this is what thor had going for him:
1) Thor was in warrior maddness mode, meaning he is TEN TIMES (10X'S) stronger than his normal self.
2) To add to his major power upgrade, he also had the POWERGEM which allows him to tap into a unlimmited supply of power to his already boosted strength.
http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt3fj.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt26bj.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt38nq.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt43el.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt56ro.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt61ym.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt71pc.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6471/silversurferv3088156tf.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt94gp.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt109xj.jpg
Now can superman slug it out with a Thor that is 10x's his normal strength w/PowerGem? I dont think so.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>