Storm vs Kitty Pride

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2damnloud
3 days prep

They fight in an evacuated New York City

Both Bloodlusted

They start 5 yards away from each other.

eek!

Symmetric Chaos
What the hell can they do with prep?

Anyway I would give Storm the win.

Metalmanx
I wouldn't.

Shadowcat for the win.

2damnloud
^Why

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I wouldn't.

Shadowcat for the win.

Co-signed.

horrorwolf
Kitty Pride takes this once Storm comes within reach.

guy222
Originally posted by 2damnloud
3 days prep

They fight in an evacuated New York City

Both Bloodlusted

They start 5 yards away from each other.

eek!

kitty

2damnloud
Storm 8/10

EMP- Electromagnetic energy affects phased particles.

Winds-Kitty would have to ride air currents to get to storm.

Kitty can't breath when phased. Storm can just constantly hurlsobjects at kitty so she has to either phase, or be pummeled. If she stays phased, and Storm keeps up the attack, Kitty will suffocate.

Storm can also trap Kitty in a dibris-laddened vortex which would cause the same scenario above where she would staypahsed and suffocate, or unphase and be beaten to death by dibris

Blair Wind
Storm 8/10

Winds-Kitty would have to ride air currents to get to storm

Kitty can't breath when phased. Storm just constantly hurls objects at kitty so she has to either phase, or be pummeled. If she stays phased and Storm keeps up the attack, Kitty will suffocate.

Storm can also trap Kitty in a dibris-laddened vortex which would cause the same scenario above where she would staypahsed and suffocate, or unphase and be beaten to death by dibris

Phased is her natural form erm

She had to concentrate to become non phased in the past. Not sure if that was rectonned or something.

Kitty wins erm

horrorwolf
Kitty Pride often walks on air like solid ground.

2damnloud
So...

Electromagnetic energy affects phased particles.

Storm 8/10 maybe more.

2damnloud
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Kitty Pride often walks on air like solid ground.

She can't walk on air molecules rushing at over 200 mph. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Happy Dance

HandOfFate
Storm FTW

Storm was her leader for a number of years.

Soljer
Originally posted by HandOfFate
Storm FTW

Storm was her leader for a number of years.

And Cap led Thor for several years.

I suppose that means Cap curbstomps him, too?

horrorwolf
She can't walk on air molecules rushing at over 200 mph. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Happy Dance

And you know this because...

2damnloud
And you know she CAN because?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

horrorwolf
And you know she CAN because?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Probably because its a well known fact Shadowcat and walk on air as if solid.

If you say its not possible because of the wind blowing....prove it.
sad

The wind is not going affect showcats phasing one way or another. Passing though solid objects >>>>>Passing through air molecules.

2damnloud
Storm 10/10

I forgot, they start 5 yards awayno expression

shksprtx
Storm curbstomps Shadowcat within 2 minutes, then proceeds to blast her broken corpse with lightning bolts just on sheer principle.

Soljer
Storm 10/10

I forgot, they start 5 yards awayno expression

And this hampers Kitty how?

The Pict
The distance isn't so large, and Kitty is a trained Ninja, right?. I reckon she could get to Storm and phase her head off (or whatever) before Storm could do anything to her.

Even if Storm gets into the air before Kitty I really don't see Shadowcat losing.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Soljer
And this hampers Kitty how?

Before Kitty can do anything, storm would have already done away with her given the distance.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by The Pict
The distance isn't so large, and Kitty is a trained Ninja, right?. I reckon she could get to Storm and phase her head off (or whatever) before Storm could do anything to her.

Even if Storm gets into the air before Kitty I really don't see Shadowcat losing.

Kitty Pride does have both ninjitsu and martial arts training.

The Pict
Before Kitty can do anything, storm would have already done away with her given the distance.

Kitty will be intangible before Storm can touch her erm

horrorwolf
Kitty will be intangible before Storm can touch her erm

Or, at the very least...when Storm throws something dangerous her way.

Soljer

Like what? Lightning goes through her, wind blows through her, pressure doesn't affect the intangible, you can't freeze what lacks substance.

What is she going to, apparently instantaneously, do to Kitty?

2damnloud
Kitty Pride does have both ninjitsu and martial arts training.

How does that correlate to her getting 200 feet in the air before storm can release a suffocating dibris ladden tornado or just EMPing her phased particles??

By the time Kitty does her little Karate chopping and ninja flips, she'd be dead or in the process of being killed.

Whats to stop storm from putting an psionically controlled, electrically charged, dibris ridden Vortex around Kitty?

Kitty's dead.

horrorwolf
And hand to hand Shadowcat pwns Storm 10/10.

Soljer
How does that correlate to her getting 200 feet in the air before storm can release a suffocating dibris ladden tornado or just EMPing her phased particles??

By the time Kitty does her little Karate chopping and ninja flips, she'd be dead or in the process of being killed.

Whats to stop storm from putting an psionically controlled, electrically charged, dibris ridden Vortex around Kitty?

Kitty's dead.

You can't suffocate the insubstantial.

A debris ridden vortex will hardly harm something intangible. erm. What will she do, again?

horrorwolf
You can't suffocate teh insubstantial.

A debris ridden vortex will hardly harm something intangible. erm. What will she do, again?

Thank you. sad

shksprtx
Kitty's intangibility merely means a weakening of the atomic bonds between her molecules, allowing her to pass through solid objects, correct?

If so, a sufficiently strong wind vortex conjured by Storm would be enough to disperse her molecules.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by shksprtx
Kitty's intangibility merely means a weakening of the atomic bonds between her molecules, allowing her to pass through solid objects, correct?

If so, a sufficiently strong wind vortex conjured by Storm would be enough to disperse her molecules.

If she can easily pass though SOLID objects, how is a gas going to effect her in the least? embarrasment

shksprtx
If she can easily pass though SOLID objects, how is a gas going to effect her in the least? embarrasment

Point taken...

Rutog98
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Phased is her natural form erm

She had to concentrate to become non phased in the past. Not sure if that was rectonned or something.

Kitty wins erm

Storm wins. Kitty still does have to breathe in her phased state. Hence, if she goes into the earth or through water or anything, she has to hold her breath. Storm can steal the air from her. In order to reach Storm in the air, she has to "run" on air molecules. Storm controls the wind. This won't happen and Storm can fly much faster than Kitty can run. Also, electricity still affects Kitty while she's phased and it can kill her.

Draco69
Storm wins. Eventually. I recall Magento affecting Kitty's phased state with a specific electrical shock that can affect Kitty in her phased state.

Which Current Storm can do.

Also Kitty hasn't a prayer of getting near or much less finding her if Storm cloaks the area with a dense fog or severe monsoon in conjunction with deafening thunder to assail her senses. Eventually Storm will find the right electrical energy attack that can effect Kitty. Much like Magneto did to her.

2damnloud
^ It was electromagnetic I think.

Magneto almost killed her.

Storm probably can do the same with an EMP

Atoms--> electromagnetism. They do have a correlation

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Rutog98
Storm wins. Kitty still does have to breathe in her phased state. Hence, if she goes into the earth or through water or anything, she has to hold her breath. Storm can steal the air from her. In order to reach Storm in the air, she has to "run" on air molecules. Storm controls the wind. This won't happen and Storm can fly much faster than Kitty can run. Also, electricity still affects Kitty while she's phased and it can kill her. Not true at all. Read any comic with her in it recently. She is shown talking inside of objects and staying in them for longer than a person can hold their breath.

With that said, as much as I would love to vote for my favorite Xman, I think Storm would win because If Kitty's intangibility is similar to Shinobi Shaw's then there is scan of Storm using an EMP to f*** him up if he were to phase. Although Kitty is very very trained in her powers, she was even able to get past the atoms of the metal chest that Xavier designed to be "anti kitty"

Rutog98
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Not true at all. Read any comic with her in it recently. She is shown talking inside of objects and staying in them for longer than a person can hold their breath.

With that said, as much as I would love to vote for my favorite Xman, I think Storm would win because If Kitty's intangibility is similar to Shinobi Shaw's then there is scan of Storm using an EMP to f*** him up if he were to phase. Although Kitty is very very trained in her powers, she was even able to get past the atoms of the metal chest that Xavier designed to be "anti kitty"

I think she has always been able to do those things. Is there an issue that states she does not have to breathe while phased? I think she has always been able to do the things you've mentioned even with the breathing limitations. Its just a suspension of belief when she does it.

That said, I think we are all agreed that Storm wins this. There is no way for Kitty to get to Storm to do any damage to her.

batdude123
Atoms--> electromagnetism. They do have a correlation

lol

What If...
Storm can't do shit to Kitty.

IF anything this is a draw, if Storm takes to the air, she isn't going to be finding Kitty...even if she does, there is a chance she can't touch her.

It has been suggested that she can breathe/ no longer has to breathe in her intangible form.

Check the Kitty respect form, Storm's lightning goes through her and she mentions "it tickled."

Swanky-Tuna
Passing though solid objects >>>>>Passing through air molecules.
Not really. Passing through a solid object would be like someone walking at a normal pace for 5 feet. I imagine trying to walk through high winds while phased would be like walking 5 feet against a treadmill moving in the opposite direction. A really fast treadmill.

2damnloud
EMP

Metalmanx
Storm 8/10

Winds-Kitty would have to ride air currents to get to storm.

Kitty can't breath when phased. Storm can just constantly hurlsobjects at kitty so she has to either phase, or be pummeled. If she stays phased, and Storm keeps up the attack, Kitty will suffocate.

I'm beginning to think more and more that you're just a troll sometimes. Please don't let me be right. erm

Anyway, Kitty CAN breathe while phased. It's her natural form, she has to consciously will herself to be tangible.

And that's a BIG speculation as to whether an EMP could affect Kitty. Especially after we've seen all the many crazy things she's been able to phase through.

Being five feet from Storm would actually be an advantage. Start of the fight, Kitty drops underground instantly, and then before Storm could even react, Kitty grabs Storm's foot and drags her underground. Once Kitty touches her, it's over.

2damnloud
Like that will happen

It's 5 yards apart

U really don't think Storm has good reaction time huh.

Anyway EMP ftw

Grimm22
How the hell is an EMP going to affect Kitty?!?

Last time I checked Kitty isn't a cyborg

And since when can Storm make EMPs?!? What is she Magneto all of a sudden?!?

2damnloud
Electromagnetic energy affects phased particles.

Magneto hit her with one and almost killed her.

Storm has shown great control over the EM spectrum.

Swanky-Tuna
Shouldn't she be able to just shock Kitty? Or is Kitty immune to electricity while phased for some reason?

The Pict
Why wouldn't she be? She's intangible.

Metalmanx
Like that will happen

It's 5 yards apart

U really don't think Storm has good reaction time huh.

Anyway EMP ftw

My mistake. Five yards. Just delays Storm's death for about a second longer.

I'm not knocking Storm's reaction times at all (which, by the way, aren't even peak human--they're athlete at best), but Kitty's are faster. She's been trained by ninjas and Wolverine, both of which increase her reflexes, and then she's trained her powers to react instantaneously to the sound/whatever of any threatening sound/tremor/etc. For instance, she's trained her powers to react and phase at the sound of a gunshot. Storm? She'd get shot.

So no, I don't think the distance will help Storm at all.

Storm, while powerful, doesn't exhibit anywhere NEAR the level of control over the EM spectrum that Magneto does. That's a GIANT stretch to say that she can replicate whatever he's done in the past.

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Shouldn't she be able to just shock Kitty? Or is Kitty immune to electricity while phased for some reason?

Kitty is immune.

Swanky-Tuna
Why wouldn't she be? She's intangible.
She's intangible but she still exists in space and reality. Her molecules would still be able to be damaged but apparently she's immune to electricity.

2damnloud
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8169/stormelectromagneticfield4tv.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
Is that Shinobi Shaw? Doesn't he know if he just hits her in the jaw hard enough she'll just pass out?

Metalmanx

Perhaps I should get my eyes checked. I could've sworn this was Storm vs. Kitty Pride.

SpunkySmurph

That proves nothing. The idea is that if Shaw put his hand in her stomach and materialized it, then he would be electrocuted. If he just put his intangible hand through her, it wouldn't do anything. As you can see, her threat relies on the fact that she would die because his hand would be solid.

outavodka
so true kitty ftw.

Draco69
Kitty cannot cross 5 yards in the space it would take Storm to simply create a thunderflash to blind Kitty or create a monsoon to dizzy Kitty.

We're assuming Kitty can phase through Storm's initial attacks, and somehow cross 5 yards in time to kill Storm.

Which isn't happening. A far more likely scenario is Storm flying straight into the air.

If Storm doesn't think she can fly up high enough in time, then she can use lightening to blind Kitty or a sudden fog to hide her from Kitty.

Once Storm's in the air, Kitty can't do sh**. Sure she can "elevator" around the air but Storm can simply evade and fly faster. And she can cloak herself with a variety of precipitation effects thus hiding her from Kitty.

Until then, Storm can focus on creating an electrical impulse that's capable of harming Kitty's phased form. Which may take awhile but with her energy perception abilities and her sudden increase in capabilities to control a portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. It's not that far off...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Draco69
Kitty cannot cross 5 yards in the space it would take Storm to simply create a thunderflash to blind Kitty or create a monsoon to dizzy Kitty.

We're assuming Kitty can phase through Storm's initial attacks, and somehow cross 5 yards in time to kill Storm.

Which isn't happening. A far more likely scenario is Storm flying straight into the air.

If Storm doesn't think she can fly up high enough in time, then she can use lightening to blind Kitty or a sudden fog to hide her from Kitty.

Once Storm's in the air, Kitty can't do sh**. Sure she can "elevator" around the air but Storm can simply evade and fly faster. And she can cloak herself with a variety of precipitation effects thus hiding her from Kitty.

Until then, Storm can focus on creating an electrical impulse that's capable of harming Kitty's phased form. Which may take awhile but with her energy perception abilities and her sudden increase in capabilities to control a portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. It's not that far off...

I guess I'll be the first to say it:

That's a HUGE stretch. erm

Swanky-Tuna
I guess I'll be the first to say it:

That's a HUGE stretch. erm
Are you kidding me? I think it'd be a stretch of Kitty reached Storm. Maybe if Storm was pulling that "No child! We must not fight, for the Earth Mother hippyspiritmumbojumbo!" stuff. Storm could probably just outrun her on foot. What a comical image.

starlock

This is being very fair and objective and i will agree

It is in the Kitty camp to prove she can take out storm not the other way around, and she cant ,at best Kitty backers can only hope for a stalemate period

Not sure but i have been collecting Astonishing Xmen from #1 till now(which is current Kitty?)(and i have collected all x-titles since i was a kid, i am 36) and i see nothing that shows me she can win this at all

HandOfFate

True

Some of you guys are making it sound like Storm is going to stand there while Kitty attacks her. confused

seaapple
I am not a big X-Men fan, so I don't know the top feats. But looking at this debate from the outside it seems like the Shadowcat fans are more strongly anti-Storm than vice versa. I wonder why this is.

Rewmac
It's just how is she going to hit her woth any projectile powers with her if she can just phase through them?
Same thing goes that she cannot touch her with wind either the wind blows would just go through Kitty. And then Kitty could somehow phase through Storm and....

2damnloud
KITTY CANNOT BREATH WHILE PHASED!

ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSES AFFECT PHASED PARTICLES!

Storm can create Electromagnetic pulses instantly.

Storm can call up strong winds that will blow prejectiles at kitty forcing her to either phase and die of suffocation , or unphase, breath, yet be beaten to death with dibris.

They start 5 YARDS from each other. Kitty is NOT getting close to storm.

Storm wins 9/10

The Pict

Ultimate Kitty can't breathe while phased, I think 616 kitty has moved beyond this. She showed it near the beginning of Astonishing X-Men, when she Moved through the alien metal and didn't know where it stopped.
She was moving through it for ages.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Rewmac
It's just how is she going to hit her woth any projectile powers with her if she can just phase through them?
Same thing goes that she cannot touch her with wind either the wind blows would just go through Kitty. And then Kitty could somehow phase through Storm and....

but how would Kitty attack her?

That's what get me about this thread.

How can Kitty win if she can't touch her?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by seaapple
I am not a big X-Men fan, so I don't know the top feats. But looking at this debate from the outside it seems like the Shadowcat fans are more strongly anti-Storm than vice versa. I wonder why this is.
Basically 2cloud and other guy annoyed them to the point where they just blindly vote against her then make fun of 2cloud and other guy's opinions on Storm in the same way so it's so tired that it only makes themselves look bad.

starlock
but how would Kitty attack her?

That's what get me about this thread.

How can Kitty win if she can't touch her?

That would make sense to me,and if its debatable if storm can hurt her,in my mind storm wins
Storm has the time and experience to come up with a way to take kitty out

Unless stated on panel(bio even)or by someone training with or testing her,kitty has to breath,now i could be wrong but that astonishing Xmen where she goes thru alien metal,is not proof,it might be proof she can hold her breath longer but that debatable

Even if kitty never needs to breath she cant win,but to me storm is in controll in this match

Metalmanx

Storm can call up strong winds that will blow prejectiles at kitty forcing her to either phase and die of suffocation , or unphase, breath, yet be beaten to death with dibris.

Storm wins 9/10

Caps aren't your friend.

Kitty CAN breathe while phased. Sorry if you don't want to believe it, but it's true. She's done it a number of times.

And her electical powers will do nothing to Kitty.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4433/uncannyxmen16002ir6.jpg

The very MOST you could argue for is a stalemate on this match. You want to argue that Storm will just fly off, that's fine. Kitty can't reach her then. But Storm also can't hurt Kitty with any of her weather-based arsenal.

Stalemate.

2damnloud
Basically 2cloud and other guy annoyed them to the point where they just blindly vote against her then make fun of 2cloud and other guy's opinions on Storm in the same way so it's so tired that it only makes themselves look bad.

They're just pissed cuz Ro is MAD POWERFUL and we always provide compelling ARGUMENTS as to why she would win.

I remember some dumbass on here said something like "Well, she doesn't really control the weahther by munipulating the fundemental forces of the universe." roll eyes (sarcastic) Cannon says otherwise.

People just grasp at STAWS to depower her on some stupid crusade against "the dreaded fanboys"

If she loses, she loses. I have no problem with saying so.

She just doesn't lose here.

Storm would lose to people like: Superman, maybe WW, Maybe Flash, Thor, Phoenix, Abstracts, Skyfathers, Celestials and Reality warpers.

See no problem Happy Dance

Metalmanx
If she loses, she loses. I have no problem with saying so.

She just doesn't lose here.

Storm would lose to people like: Superman, maybe WW, Maybe Flash, Thor, Phoenix, Abstracts, Skyfathers, Celestials and Reality warpers.

See no problem Happy Dance

doh

Hah...now I know that this whole thing is just a joke for you. No competent person would limit Storm's superiors to the list you provided. It was cute, but now it's just annoying.

And why the hell is that "maybe Wonder Woman"? What the f**k?

Funny how you let slide:
-Cyclops
-Hellion
-Emma Frost
-Psylocke
-Darwin
-Invisible Woman
-Iceman
-Magneto
-Etc, etc, etc.

HandOfFate
Kitty CAN breathe while phased. Sorry if you don't want to believe it, but it's true. She's done it a number of times.

She can breath while in soild matter? confused

Swanky-Tuna
They're just pissed cuz Ro is MAD POWERFUL and we always provide compelling ARGUMENTS as to why she would win.
I actually semi-agree with them. You two just say what you want and don't really care what others have to say. More power to you I guess. It just doesn't infuriate me like it does others.

Maybe Flash? Flash would butcher her unless you're using like Jay Garrick running off his base metahuman super speed.

2damnloud
^ What others have to say is usualy COMPLETELY inaccurate a wouldn't work in certain scenarios in some of the fights.

Rutog98
She can breath while in soild matter? confused

No. The fact is Kitty can and has to breathe while intangible. She has to hold her breath. This has always been the case for the character. In some instances, though, we must exercise a certain suspension of belief for the amount of time she has held her breath. It just seemed a bit unreasonable. However, she does have to breathe. This gives Storm the win.

In regards to that scan where Ororo is zapping Kitty with lightning, that was a danger room exercise and Storm was not throwing anything that could have done any serious harm. Notice, Kitty did feel it as it tickled her. In the case of Magneto, he hit her while she was phased with an electrical jolt while he was in a beserker fury. It nearly killed her.

Storm can throw MUCH stronger electrical attacks than Magneto. It is not even a contest here. Storm can beat Kitty this way as well.

Rutog98
I actually semi-agree with them. You two just say what you want and don't really care what others have to say. More power to you I guess. It just doesn't infuriate me like it does others.

Swanky Tuna, you are one of the opposition that I do enjoy debating with and enjoy your posts. I think that they do reflect intelligence. However, here is the problem: You have people saying that Emma Frost can beat Storm in a fight. Storm and Emma have fought three times in canon. Emma won the first time. During their first encounter, Ororo's mental defenses were no match for Emma's psi powers. She ripped through Ororo's mind and found pathways through there that no other psis knew. Then we have Uncanny 152 where the two fought again. Emma, in a beserker fury, lashed out at Storm with her telepathy telling her that like the storm Ororo had just banished, that Storm would be just a memory as well. She further states that she knows Ororo's mind as well as she knew her own and Storm cannot resist her TP assault. Storm VERY easily resists it and tells her how at one time that was the case, but no longer. She proceeds to beat Emma and by the intervention of Logan does the White Queen walk away alive. The third and final time they fought, Ororo cleaned her clock again.

Then you have the double-standards with Magneto. In "Fatal Attractions," Forge created a machine as a defense against Magneto. This machine meshed up the EM fields to the point where if he used his powers while in the planetary atmoshphere, the fields would have destroyed him. Magneto, in retaliation, blasted the meshed up field from space which resulted in a global pulse. There is a body of posters on here who insist that Magneto is capable of this stunt at any given time and ignore the facts I presented along with the fact that in his next arc, "Magneto War," he had to build a machine to boost his powers so he could once more turn off the lights around the world and blackmail the world's goverments into giving him what he wanted. Yet, in Storm's case, these same posters want to argue that her fastest winds are only 300 mph. This is despite the fact that she has accomplished feats well beyond the capabilities of those kind of winds. She's strained MAgneto's powers to the utmost, she has lifted a skyscraper, her winds have been stated to be strong enough to level mountains and scour the surface of the Earth to its bedrock. Even more impressive than this, she redirected the full power of Sienna Blaze. There are other instances outside of this. They don't even consider the fact that anyone who can pull the pressure stunts Ororo has pulled and can control the forces that dictate weather patterns and weather itself can and will very easily go well beyond any normal wind in real life. This is well beyond the 300 mph they are trying to limit her to.

I'm not finished yet, then you have an issue where it states she summoned the full power of a galactic core. You have posters saying, "She just summoned the full power, not the total power." Do you see how rediculous that is? The Official Handbook that came out also said that she channeled all of the steller energy around her. Every printed source of Marvel states 100%.

Storm does not get credit for what she has accomplished, yet other characters like Magneto get power levels they have never earned or approached. This is the way it has been since the first day I registered onto this site and even prior as I had scanned previous threads from earlier before joining. 2Loud and I are right. Storm really is where we state.

In regards to her full potential, her powers are limited only be her will and body. This is canon. End of story. She has the ability to perceive the universe (including stars, planets and empty space) as patterns of energy and forces and bend them to her will. Again, canon. End of story. She has the ability to transcend humanity. She can evolve into a true goddess. In other words, the body limitation is only temporary. Again, this is canon. End of story. So imagine a character who can control the very forces that compose and govern the universe to an unlimited degree and that is Storm. Canon. End of story.

Rutog98
doh

Hah...now I know that this whole thing is just a joke for you. No competent person would limit Storm's superiors to the list you provided. It was cute, but now it's just annoying.

And why the hell is that "maybe Wonder Woman"? What the f**k?

Funny how you let slide:
-Cyclops
-Hellion
-Emma Frost
-Psylocke
-Darwin
-Invisible Woman
-Iceman
-Magneto
-Etc, etc, etc.

This list is beyond ridiculous. She has the advantage over every single character on this list. None of them have any realistic defense against her powers. Darwin would be the only arguable exception, but I don't see how he can take her out. She has attacks in her arsenal that I would think could take him out before he could adapt to it.

Rutog98
No. The fact is Kitty can and has to breathe while intangible. She has to hold her breath.

She has to hold her breath while going through solid objects, etc. That is what I meant to say. big grin

Brian Oswald

Storm wins 9/10 an EMP instantly? I don't think so...
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BlackPanther25/20.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BlackPanther25/21.jpg

Thats plenty of time for Kitty to rip Ro's heart out, especially given the distance between the two in the fight.

2damnloud
In X-treme she created one with a smile on her face, EASILY!!!

Metalmanx
This list is beyond ridiculous. She has the advantage over every single character on this list. None of them have any realistic defense against her powers. Darwin would be the only arguable exception, but I don't see how he can take her out. She has attacks in her arsenal that I would think could take him out before he could adapt to it.

sad

...The mere fact that I need to explain to you why every one of them defeats Storm for the majority is just...absurd.

There's just no debating with someone like you. Or 2damnloud.

Metalmanx

Storm wins 9/10

I'm going to enjoy this.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9261/astonishingxmen00409rgk6.jpg
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/540/astonishingxmen00410ryi4.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9696/astonishingxmen00418rji6.jpg

2damnloud
I'm going to enjoy this.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9261/astonishingxmen00409rgk6.jpg
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/540/astonishingxmen00410ryi4.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9696/astonishingxmen00418rji6.jpg

^ No time is given as to how long.

It is also an Alien material. She even says it '"felt wrong."

Still doesn't stop Storm from EMPin her ass

You lose. Please insert another coin no expression

laughing

yer
She speaks while in the material in the second scan. Not only that but she speaks in two breaths so Im pretty sure that the breathing part of the debate is null.

Metalmanx
^ No time is given as to how long.

It is also an Alien material. She even says it '"felt wrong."

Still doesn't stop Storm from EMPin her ass

You lose. Please insert another coin no expression

laughing

...How does that change anything about the point that she was clearly breathing while phasing in the metal? I think it's rather clear that it took her a good period of time. PLUS the fact that she talked out loud while phased. Just stop, man. Unless you really are just trolling (which would make so much sense), even you can't be this dumb. no expression

She doesn't have to stop Storm from EMPing her. Storm could do that all day long if she wants. Not like it'll be affecting Kitty or anything. erm

Originally posted by yer
She speaks while in the material in the second scan. Not only that but she speaks in two breaths so Im pretty sure that the breathing part of the debate is null.

Oh look. Another poster more knowledgable than 2damn. thumb up

2damnloud
It can alsao be deduced that it is because it was an strange material.

She even says it's wrong

Then she says when she gets through: "Finally... I thought I.."

Thought you what kitty, couldn't hold your breath while phased for x amount of time??

yer
Well since the next thing she talks about has to do with how much metal there was I think a more reasonable deduction for the "Finally...I thought I..." would be finally i thought i would never get out

Brian Oswald
Its a strange metal, thats why she can breathe in it? Talk about grasping at straws. Besdies there are plenty of issues with her talking while inside of something.

Rutog98
an EMP instantly? I don't think so...
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BlackPanther25/20.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/BlackPanther25/21.jpg

Thats plenty of time for Kitty to rip Ro's heart out, especially given the distance between the two in the fight.

No way. In Uncanny 444, Storm wiped out an entire room full of sentinels with an EMP that flowed from her body and engulfed the area instantly.

2damnloud
It still wouldn't stop an EMP from storm.

2damnloud
Saying 3 words doesn't= "breathing"

Does anyone have anymore showings

Rutog98
Its a strange metal, thats why she can breathe in it? Talk about grasping at straws. Besdies there are plenty of issues with her talking while inside of something.

Okay, that is PIS. Sound has to have a medium to travel on. That said, it does not negate the umpteen issues that show that she has to hold her breath. She's obviously not using up her full breath with the dialog she's stating. If I had my comic collection with me, I'm sure there are instances where she is probably talking and the issue states she has to hold her breath while phasing as she still has to breathe.

Metalmanx
Okay, that is PIS. Sound has to have a medium to travel on. That said, it does not negate the umpteen issues that show that she has to hold her breath. She's obviously not using up her full breath with the dialog she's stating. If I had my comic collection with me, I'm sure there are instances where she is probably talking and the issue states she has to hold her breath while phasing as she still has to breathe.

But being able to talk and hear in space is just fine, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Get over it. She can both breathe and talk while phased.

2damnloud
Still doesn't save her from electromagnetic energy which storm so READILY has available.

She's dead.

insert coin and try again

Metalmanx
Still doesn't save her from electromagnetic energy which storm so READILY has available.

She's dead.

insert coin and try again

What is Storm going to hit with this EMP? Empty air? This is supposed to stop Kitty?

Insert more original and not as annoying tagline and respond.

2damnloud
EM energy seems to affect her atoms while phased.

Just imagine hitting lose, phase atoms with a surge of electromagnetic energy

OUCH!

Metalmanx
EM energy seems to affect her atoms while phased.

Just imagine hitting lose, phase atoms with a surge of electromagnetic energy

OUCH!

You been there before? Intangible? Then got hit with an EMP? You have personal experience with this? Painful?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Magneto used an EXTREMELY specific form of EMP to take Kitty out. Storm, however, does not have the luxury of being the master of magnetism like Magneto. No matter what you think, Magneto's skill with EMPs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Storm's skill with EMPs. erm

Storm has a 1/10000000000 chance of attacking Kitty with the right EMP.

Or she can run away. Which seems to be your only other option at the moment. no expression

2damnloud
Let's not even get into Ororo's control over subatoimic particles

She may just strip Kitty's atoms of electrons ETIRELY. Basically ionising her.

Metalmanx
Let's not even get into Ororo's control over subatoimic particles

She may just strip Kitty's atoms of electrons ETIRELY. Basically ionising her.

What is an instance of her doing this in a comic?

And then, has she ever done it to a person?

And THEN, could she even do it to someone who has greater control over her own ATOMIC/SUB-ATOMIC structure?

I think no.

2damnloud
She does it all the time making electrical phenomena in weather.

She could do it to kitty in her atmoized state.

Electromagnetic phenomena take an affect on Kitty when phased.

Storm has some of the most fine tuned control over electrostatic, electrical, and electromagnetic energy EVER.

horrorwolf
*EDIT*

I think Kitty would still take this, Also Storm would require a high degree of concentration and focus to do this, similar to how magneto would have to.,

2damnloud
laughing laughing laughing That makes no sense.

Why do people make stuff like this up? Shadowcat is a Phaser, as a result, her lungs go beyond the ability to even hold air whatesoever when phased.

Meaning oxygen molecules would pass through her lungs entirely. embarrasment

Conjecture.

Still wouldn't stop her electrons from being strippd away via Stormy laughing

horrorwolf
doh 2 damn, I realised what your point was regarding the period of time Kitty needs to stay phased out...Youre not saying she needs to breathe while phased, but you were referring to the length of time she can stay phased out. But I say Kitty can still repeat this as necessary to survive.

Please post a link/scan of Storm using this tactic. Im not sure she could pull off such a feat in the heat of a battle.

HandOfFate

Metalmanx
She does it all the time making electrical phenomena in weather.

She could do it to kitty in her atmoized state.

Electromagnetic phenomena take an affect on Kitty when phased.

Storm has some of the most fine tuned control over electrostatic, electrical, and electromagnetic energy EVER.

I don't believe you answered my question.

Try again.

Metalmanx

2damnloud
I'm basing this off her weather powers and inturn her ability to ionised atoms and molecules such in the time where she ionises air to create electrical phenomena.

Ionisation is when an atom or molecule loses electrons.

It is in storm's realm of power to cause Kitty to lose electrons.

Also, with her second site she can "see electrons" (energy patterns) that govern the weather on earth and in the Universe and bend them to her will.

She can observe the flow of electrons all around her thus allowing her the ability to create electrical and electromagnetic phenomena.

Once again, this is a completely hypothetical situation. That is just a way for Storm to win.

Symmetric Chaos
Even in densely-packed solids, there is still air between the molecules.

confused

Metalmanx
I'm basing this off her weather powers and inturn her ability to ionised atoms and molecules such in the time where she ionises air to create electrical phenomena.

Also, with her second site she can "see electrons" (energy patterns) that govern the weather on earth and in the Universe and bend them to her will.

She can observe the flow of electrons all around her thus allowing her the ability to create electrical and electromagnetic phenomena.

Once again, this is a completely hypothetical situation. That is just a way for Storm to win.

Question still not answered. no expression

Has Storm ever done this to a person? Because it's speculation to say that she could strip Kitty, let alone anyone, of their electrons.

Then of course there's the fact that Kitty has an extreme master control over her own atomic/sub-atomic structure.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
confused

What's the problem? It's true.

2damnloud
confused

I know right laughing

Air is molecules within itself.

And I thought kitty navigated her ATOMS around the materials?? confused

2damnloud
Question still not answered. no expression

Has Storm ever done this to a person? Because it's speculation to say that she could strip Kitty, let alone anyone, of their electrons.

Then of course there's the fact that Kitty has an extreme master control over her own atomic/sub-atomic structure.

Phased Kitty would be no more or less than a bunch of atoms.

She's not trumping storms control over Electrons.

I don't know if kitty could even put herself back together again, not for a long while anyway. confused

She wouldn't do that to Kitty though.

Metalmanx
Phased Kitty would be no more or less than a bunch of atoms.

She's not trumping storms control over Electrons.

I don't know if kitty could even put herself back together again, not for a long while anyway. confused

She wouldn't do that to Kitty though.

Last try.

Question still not answered.

Soljer
There is not 'air' in densely packed solids.

Air is a conglomeration of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Helium, and etc.

These are all atoms or molecules unto themselves. A bar of pure iron has no O2 in it. It has no H2 in it. It only contains Fe.

If you meant SPACE, then absolutely, most of an atom is comprised of empty space.

But AIR? no.

2damnloud
Storm has shown the ability to ionised particles, Kitty would be no different in her atomized state.

Show me a scan of Kitty facing an intricate electromagnetic attack and surviving.

Show me a scan where Kitty can survive being ionised by Storm.

You have no proof that she would survive.

I have no evidence that Storm could do it to her in comics. It's only a hypothetical option for her since already can do it to other particles.

Storm still wins since there is no way for Kitty to get close to her, let alone HURT her, yet Storm has long range electrical attacks and Wind driven dibris attacks that could possibly, in ALL likelyhood, KILL Kitty.

Storm 10/10

Metalmanx
There is not 'air' in densely packed solids.

Air is a conglomeration of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Helium, and etc.

These are all atoms or molecules unto themselves. A bar of pure iron has no O2 in it. It has no H2 in it. It only contains Fe.

If you meant SPACE, then absolutely, most of an atom is comprised of empty space.

But AIR? no.

There is space inside of densely-packed solids. How is there then not any air?

Metalmanx
Storm has shown the ability to ionised particles, Kitty would be no different in her atomized state.

Show me a scan of Kitty facing an intricate electromagnetic attack and surviving.

Show me a scan where Kitty can survive being ionised by Storm.

You have no proof that she would survive.

I have no evidence that Storm could do it to her in comics. It's only a hypothetical option for her since already can do it to other particles.

Storm still wins since there is no way for Kitty to get close to her, let alone HURT her, yet Storm has long range electrical attacks and Wind driven dibris attacks that could possibly, in ALL likelyhood, KILL Kitty.

Storm 10/10

...Do you even know what you just wrote?

"No evidence that Kitty can survive being ionized by Storm."
"No evidence that Storm can ionize Kitty."
"Therefore, Storm wins 10/10."

What the f**k?

Show me a scan of Storm ionizing a person.

None of Storm's attacks, save for the ONE chance in a billion attack, would even work against Kitty.

The most you can argue for is a stalemate.

Soljer
There is space inside of densely-packed solids. How is there then not any air?

MetalMan....

Space need not be filled by matter. Space can be empty.

And that's exactly what makes up an atom. Empty space. 'Air' is composed of many different molecules of many different gasses. These molecules would be a bit too large to fit into the angstrom gaps.

Metalmanx
MetalMan....

Space need not be filled by matter. Space can be empty.

And that's exactly what makes up an atom. Empty space. 'Air' is composed of many different molecules of many different gasses. These molecules would be a bit too large to fit into the angstrom gaps.

...I just realized that I've been talking about molecules within atoms. No wonder it looked so stupid to you and others. I didn't even notice this, I feel dumb. embarrasment

Well, regardless, Kitty has still been shown to able to breathe while intangible and phased into things.

Swanky-Tuna
You don't really need a defense against someone to defeat them. Hence why Cyclops wasn't killed immediately in his career.

And I think Darwin's thing is instantly evolving. I mean, they set him on fire and kicked him in the shins and everything and he just kept evolving.

Saying 3 words doesn't= "breathing"

Does anyone have anymore showings
If you can't breathe while phased or while traveling through a solid object you don't talk out loud, that wastes air. And I don't see her testing to see if she can breathe inside the metal so I don't see why the thought would occur to her that the metal allows her to breathe while phased.

starlock
Wow still going!

I hereby give much respect to Kitty pride Fans,you dont give up hehe

Storm Wins 8/10

2damnloud
...Do you even know what you just wrote?

"No evidence that Kitty can survive being ionized by Storm."
"No evidence that Storm can ionize Kitty."
"Therefore, Storm wins 10/10."

What the f**k?

Show me a scan of Storm ionizing a person.

None of Storm's attacks, save for the ONE chance in a billion attack, would even work against Kitty.

The most you can argue for is a stalemate.

You have no proof that Storm can't Ionize Kitty.

If Storm can Ionize air she can Ionize kitty.

Why would Kitty be different???

All Kitty would be are Atoms. What happens to Atoms when exposed to electical fileds??? Exactly.

What wouldn't Kitty just conduct Electricity??

laughing

Soljer
"Prove that Storm can't ionize Kitty!"

Prove that Mary Jane can't shoot fireballs out of her right (or was it the left?) pinky toe.

2damnloud

Prove that Mary Jane can't shoot fireballs out of her right (or was it the left?) pinky toe.

Mary Jane has never shown the ability to munipulate fire in any way.

Storm has shown the ability to muniplate elctrons in intricate ways.

Kitty is a bunch of Atoms with orbiting electrons.

Storm flips to second sight, sees orbiting electrons, causes them to move, Lightning is born.

Storm sees Kitty's electrons and causes them to move or flow out of orbit, ionising her.

2damnloud see's Kitty and Kitty's ****ED. laughing

2damnloud
Or she just skips all that and EMPs her.

Symmetric Chaos

Only positive statements can be proven erm

DarkCrawler

What wouldn't Kitty just conduct Electricity??

Because part of her phasing power has always been, since the first comic she appeared in, that electricity does jack shit to her when she phases?
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3888/9distrupselectromagneticfieldsgp9.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5596/13lightningdoesnotworkne6.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6941/51destroyssateliteexplouy8.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6732/53phasingcerebrori2.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6504/57scramblesystemshv6.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3445/59beatsskrull2zy2.jpg

Soljer
Only positive statements can be proven erm

Exactly.

inamilist
Oh boy again

I changed some of the sentences around, they are from multiple posts of yours

All Kitty would be are Atoms. What happens to Atoms when exposed to electical fileds?

I'll let you answer this:

Ionization can also be the adding of electrons to an atom, as an Ion is a particle with a charge. Unimportant:

hmmmmmmmmmm....

this is interesting. Maybe I missed something in the thread, but do you have a scan of her ionizing matter outside of manipulating weather patterns? Or creating plasma from solid matter? I know she has the solar wind feat, but this seems much different.

For instance, just because spider-man climbs on walls doesn't mean he controls friction.

I am also unaware of what ionizing all of kitties molecules would do. We are describing a fictional character that can phase through walls, I don't assume that altering the charge of her body is going to do much considering the outlandish physics already involved in her powers. Damn, we need to name the logical fallacy of applying real world standards to fictional events...

SO

and

So, in neuro-science, this German biophysicist just hypothesized that neurons in fact communicate by sound rather than by electrical conduction.

Even though this guy's math works out, and he does raise an interesting theoretical point, at the end of the day, there is no direct evidence that this is how neurons function (With the exception of a very strange phenomenon he describes) and there is overwhelming evidence for the "Ion Channel Hypothesis".

To relate this to what you are saying, sure, you have an interesting point. I would be interested in seeing the evidence that Storm can ionize trillions of atoms at once in solid matter in a way that has nothing to do with weather.

However, unless I missed it, this has never happened.

Debating hypothetical would be nice. I tend to get carried away in debating what I know or would do with a power set in much the same way you are here. Unfortunately the type of hypothesizing you are doing here is unacceptable in a forum of discussion like this, simply because it would allow for further extrapolations like spider-man controls friction.

You have no proof that Storm can't Ionize Kitty.

Unfortunately it is impossible to prove a negative.

Prove that there is not a tea cup orbiting the sun.

It is impossible.

Also, it is YOU who are claiming that Storm CAN ionize kitty, thus placing the burden of proof on you. There is no reason to believe that Storm can ionize kitty until you have provided the required evidence to support this claim.

So far you have given an unsupported hypothesis extrapolated from your interpretation of the real science behind fictional super powers. Not to sound cheeky, but that isn't a very strong argument.

There is a whole philosophy behind what makes a valid argument, it's been going on for thousands of years.

And finally, I co-sign this.

I wouldn't put nearly as much of a slant on it as you have, I don't think this is easy for Storm either, and if she isn't smart, she is going down fast.

I personally think this will be an endurance test for them both, but Storm should be able to outlast Kitty by staying away, and picking her moments.

If kitty can stay intangible forever though, I don't see a win for Storm

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Because part of her phasing power has always been, since the first comic she appeared in, that electricity does jack shit to her when she phases?
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3888/9distrupselectromagneticfieldsgp9.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5596/13lightningdoesnotworkne6.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6941/51destroyssateliteexplouy8.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6732/53phasingcerebrori2.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6504/57scramblesystemshv6.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3445/59beatsskrull2zy2.jpg

And this is why I keep fighting the good fight. Because I know I'm right.

Kudos on the scans, DC. rock

Metalmanx
Originally posted by inamilist
Oh boy again

I changed some of the sentences around, they are from multiple posts of yours

I'll let you answer this:

Ionization can also be the adding of electrons to an atom, as an Ion is a particle with a charge. Unimportant:

hmmmmmmmmmm....

this is interesting. Maybe I missed something in the thread, but do you have a scan of her ionizing matter outside of manipulating weather patterns? Or creating plasma from solid matter? I know she has the solar wind feat, but this seems much different.

For instance, just because spider-man climbs on walls doesn't mean he controls friction.

I am also unaware of what ionizing all of kitties molecules would do. We are describing a fictional character that can phase through walls, I don't assume that altering the charge of her body is going to do much considering the outlandish physics already involved in her powers. Damn, we need to name the logical fallacy of applying real world standards to fictional events...

SO

and

So, in neuro-science, this German biophysicist just hypothesized that neurons in fact communicate by sound rather than by electrical conduction.

Even though this guy's math works out, and he does raise an interesting theoretical point, at the end of the day, there is no direct evidence that this is how neurons function (With the exception of a very strange phenomenon he describes) and there is overwhelming evidence for the "Ion Channel Hypothesis".

To relate this to what you are saying, sure, you have an interesting point. I would be interested in seeing the evidence that Storm can ionize trillions of atoms at once in solid matter in a way that has nothing to do with weather.

However, unless I missed it, this has never happened.

Debating hypothetical would be nice. I tend to get carried away in debating what I know or would do with a power set in much the same way you are here. Unfortunately the type of hypothesizing you are doing here is unacceptable in a forum of discussion like this, simply because it would allow for further extrapolations like spider-man controls friction.

Unfortunately it is impossible to prove a negative.

Prove that there is not a tea cup orbiting the sun.

It is impossible.

Also, it is YOU who are claiming that Storm CAN ionize kitty, thus placing the burden of proof on you. There is no reason to believe that Storm can ionize kitty until you have provided the required evidence to support this claim.

So far you have given an unsupported hypothesis extrapolated from your interpretation of the real science behind fictional super powers. Not to sound cheeky, but that isn't a very strong argument.

There is a whole philosophy behind what makes a valid argument, it's been going on for thousands of years.

It's always nice to see some intelligence every now and then.

And finally, I co-sign this.

I wouldn't put nearly as much of a slant on it as you have, I don't think this is easy for Storm either, and if she isn't smart, she is going down fast.

I personally think this will be an endurance test for them both, but Storm should be able to outlast Kitty by staying away, and picking her moments.

If kitty can stay intangible forever though, I don't see a win for Storm

Kitty can, in fact, stay intangible forever if she wanted to. It is her natural state, after all. And she's more than smart enough to know to stay intangible when facing someone like Storm. That's why I keep telling 2damn that the most he/she can argue for is a stalemate. Storm can fly away, Kitty can remain undamaged.

inamilist
It's always nice to see some intelligence every now and then.

embarrasment

thanks, I'm just trying to keep up

Kitty can, in fact, stay intangible forever if she wanted to. It is her natural state, after all. And she's more than smart enough to know to stay intangible when facing someone like Storm. That's why I keep telling 2damn that the most he/she can argue for is a stalemate. Storm can fly away, Kitty can remain undamaged.

I'd probably leave it at that then.

Kitty shouldn't be able to get to Storm, Storm shouldn't be able to hurt her at all.

My take would be a stalemate with MAYBE a couple of percent to Kitty if Storm doesn't fight to her full ability.

Metalmanx
embarrasment

thanks, I'm just trying to keep up

Haha, don't worry. It was a compliment. I'm just glad to see there are more intelligent people on this board then the ones I seem to constantly find myself debating against.

I'd probably leave it at that then.

Kitty shouldn't be able to get to Storm, Storm shouldn't be able to hurt her at all.

My take would be a stalemate with MAYBE a couple of percent to Kitty if Storm doesn't fight to her full ability.

I agree.

Soljer
Errmm...Stalemate?

Kitty can stay intangible till she passes away from old age.

How long can Storm stay in the air? erm.

inamilist
Haha, don't worry. It was a compliment. I'm just glad to see there are more intelligent people on this board then the ones I seem to constantly find myself debating against.

It's not even the arguing smile

I just wish people would look at the points they are making...

But yes, thank you, raise the roof and all. Honestly I wouldn't even call 2damn unintelligent, you need smarts to come up with stuff like that.

He just, you know, has the answer before he asks the question.

Symmetric Chaos

Probably until she falls asleep or has to eat.

Metalmanx
It's not even the arguing smile

I just wish people would look at the points they are making...

But yes, thank you, raise the roof and all. Honestly I wouldn't even call 2damn unintelligent, you need smarts to come up with stuff like that.

He just, you know, has the answer before he asks the question.

You're right, that was ignorant of me to call him unintelligent. He just seems to be lacking in common sense. And then he's got the problem of ignoring other facts, too. But ah well.

inamilist
Errmm...Stalemate?

I think we kinda got into this in a Wolverine vs Green Goblin debate.

I agree, except for that it is the highest form of CIS for Storm to just hang there and wait to die...

Should there be a time restriction on fights? For instance, this would mean that Storm looses to a very dense ball of rubber...

Metalmanx
Errmm...Stalemate?

That's a good question.

Symmetric Chaos
Should there be a time restriction on fights? For instance, this would mean that Storm looses to a very dense ball of rubber...

laughing out loud

inamilist
You're right, that was ignorant of me to call him unintelligent. He just seems to be lacking in common sense. And then he's got the problem of ignoring other facts, too. But ah well.

lol

no worries, I am not saying it isn't a good description, just trying to keep it positive, smile

It's would be really interesting to see the evolution of 2damn and rutogs arguments here. When they started it was all "breaking magneto's shield" and all that, now its ionizing atoms in order to remove the electrons from the body of individuals.

Symmetric Chaos
It's would be really interesting to see the evolution of 2damn and rutogs arguments here. When they started it was all "breaking magneto's shield" and all that, now its ionizing atoms in order to remove the electrons from the body of individuals.

Although wouldn't ionizing a person's entire body be lethal?

Soljer
I think we kinda got into this in a Wolverine vs Green Goblin debate.

I agree, except for that it is the highest form of CIS for Storm to just hang there and wait to die...

As far as I know, there is not supposed to be any time restriction on fights.

It brings up the question of stamina in stalemates.

Hence the reason that Mr. Immortal will beat the Juggernaut in a battle to the death. stick out tongue.

inamilist
Although wouldn't ionizing a person's entire body be lethal?

I was thinking about that

It's totally beyond my realm of knowledge, though I can say with certainty that death would follow closely after. Whether that would be due to the ionizing itself or the reaction to the ionizing I don't know. In fact, I have no idea what the atomic effects of this would be, outside of catastrophic.

However, thats my best guess at real world physics...

Symmetric Chaos
I was thinking about that

It's totally beyond my realm of knowledge, though I can say with certainty that death would follow closely after. Whether that would be due to the ionizing itself or the reaction to the ionizing I don't know. In fact, I have no idea what the atomic effects of this would be, outside of catastrophic.

However, thats my best guess at real world physics...

If you ionized the brain it would basicly be the equivalent of a massive stroke or a huge eplietic seizure.

At best it would leave them nonfuctional for quite some time since either the neurons would be over stimulated or destroyed.

inamilist
As far as I know, there is not supposed to be any time restriction on fights.

It brings up the question of stamina in stalemates.

Hence the reason that Mr. Immortal will beat the Juggernaut in a battle to the death. stick out tongue.

Fair enough

I would say it may be inappropriate in some situations, but I understand your point entirely, and pretty much agree smile

But, does the juggernaut age?

inamilist
If you ionized the brain it would basicly be the equivalent of a massive stroke or a huge eplietic seizure.

At best it would leave them nonfunctional for quite some time since either the neurons would be over stimulated or destroyed.

I'm not sure if it would be similar to epilepsy, but many of the functions of the brain are VERY dependent on the electric charge of ions.

Removing all the electrons in the brain would instantly cause it to stop functioning. I guess I'm wondering if the person would survive the ionization long enough to die from heart and brain failure :P

Soljer
Fair enough

I would say it may be inappropriate in some situations, but I understand your point entirely, and pretty much agree smile

But, does the juggernaut age?

Not to my knowledge. But Mr. Immortal is to be the last living being. Period.

That means Galactus? Cytorrak? Dead.

No Cytorrak, no Juggernaut. wink.

inamilist
Not to my knowledge. But Mr. Immortal is to be the last living being. Period.

That means Galactus? Cytorrak? Dead.

No Cytorrak, no Juggernaut. wink.

I have been told

2damnloud
WOW, this is hard.:laugh"

I'm not sure what it would do to Kitty. I'm sure she wouldn't be the same though.laughing

I'll get back to you.

I'm sure I can come up with a way Storm could kill her in an atomized state.

I mean she still has FEELINGS and a mind.

I would think that altering her atoms, either making her an anion or cation would affect her.

What you all seem to fail to realize is, Storm controls the fundemental forces of nature by default of her weather munipulating abilities. That's why her powers can and have been expanded in different ways in the comics.

The Spiderman/Storm analogy is really bad since Spiderman doesn't control friction, his body acclimated to do thing spiders does. I think Spiders climb up walls using hairs on their legs, a sticky silk or something. Whereas storm controls the weather with her body and Mind, psionically moving componets around, munipulating the EM spectrum, subatomic particels etc.

It might end up being a Stalemate if Storms EMP doesn't work.

2damnloud
How does Kitty make herself tangible again???

Maybe sotrm can induce tangibility then attack her

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>