RotS Yoda VS Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlemaster
The terrain is an open desert on Ossus.

Round 1: Force powers, no amulet.

Round 2: Force powers, Amulet.

Round 3: Lightsabers and Force, w/amulet

Round 4: Lightsabers, no offensive Force powers

The winner?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Yoda had a hard time with Sidious, but in the end Yoda should prevail over one of my fave sith.

Darth Sexy
I'm not touching this one.

Battlemaster
thumbsup

darthsith19
1. Yoda
2. Yoda, as as far as we know there is no defense against the amulet.
3. Kun b/c of the amulet. Yoda has a chance at dodging it but even if he does it could go either way, so.
4. Saber only? Hmm... maybe Kun? Not to sure about that one, though.

((The_Anomaly))
Yoda

Riverollv
RotS Yoda VS Exar Kun

i cant make my mind... i dont think i can touch this one

Count Makashi
1, 3, 4 go to Yoda, Sidious is the strongest Sith and Yoda had a stalemate, although i would give Sidious a small edge, I'm not certain about 2.

jollyjim311
There is sufficient evidence for Yoda taking Exar.

*Runs*

Blue_Hefner
Wasn't this already done

jollyjim311
Yes, and my post went as follows (in reference to Kun winning due to amulet blasts):

Originally posted by jollyjim311
1) Exar has never used an amulet blast against a Jedi.
2) Yoda is said to be able to defend from all types of dark side attacks.
3) Yoda had dodged attacks form three council members at the same time (One of whom is a Vaapad Master) easily, and is fast enough to dodge blasts.
4) Yoda has defended against Darth Sidious' attacks of "Unlimited power."
5) Yoda has shown sufficient strength in the force to block one of these amulet blasts.
6) Are you seriously trying to tell me that Exar freaking Kun, one of the cockiest Sith Lords ever, will think to himself "Oh shit! That 2 foot tall elderly muppet, of whom I know nothing about, will crush me! I better try and blast his ass before I get stomped!"

And, apparently, according to Sexy (The one worth mentioning), Yoda can "Disarm the darkside of the force in objects," so, Exar is screwed in this fight.

Darth Sexy
1. Wonderful, your argument deals with absence of proof. Unfortunately there's no proof that anybody CAN block an instantaneous beam of energy that grows with rage.
2. Ambiguous statement most likely written in universe. Don't bother applying it
3. Him being able to dodge 3 masters doesn't imply that he's able to dodge instantaneous blasts.
4. Wtf? Who cares? Stop bringing nonsense into this debate.
5. Another baseless assumption.
6. No but once he sees Yoda's power, he'll get serious
7. I was wrong, apparently Nai misinterpreted information somewhere, so this shouldn't apply.

Tangible God
Kun, only due to his superior grammatical skills.

Utrigita
Rots Yoda Vs Exar Kun

1: what is Yoda going to do against him he cannot kill him with the light side of the force unless he suddenly begins to use the dark side ore deployes emerald lightning I don't see how he is winning the first fight. (can Exar be knocked unconsious? does that count as winning?)
2:With the amulet Blast true in the comic it was never used on a jedi, but the power of the amulet was clearly seen and with this he wins without trouble (maybe Exar doesn't think I am not going to use the amulet against him, but this is a battle he goes in there and is going to win by any means nescarry that means using the amulet)
3: Interesting actually the question is what Exar is going to do, and seen how he is such a good swordsman which he is I think he is moving in just to gloot, and that can prove to be his undoing against yoda. (don't know about depowering a sith artifact wasn't shown in Rots and therefore cannot be used as a valid argument.)
4: This one is Yoda no doubt about it, he pwnds him in my openion yoda has a higher speed and agility then Kun and that will be his advantage.

Conclusion: Its is either Kun 3/4 ore draw, but again just my openion.

Darth Subjekt
Well, for Yoda being "uber fast" he couldn't even dodge Sidious' lightning blast when he saw him raising his hands slowly, so if the amulet blasts are in fact instantaneous, then Yoda would get hit.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Well, for Yoda being "uber fast" he couldn't even dodge Sidious' lightning blast when he saw him raising his hands slowly, so if the amulet blasts are in fact instantaneous, then Yoda would get hit.

I've argued with that particular scene before. I believe that it can be interpreted that Yoda was a victim of his own hubris at that point (as displayed earlier in Attack of the Clones, when Yoda himself admits that even "older, more experienced Jedi" have fallen victim to their own arrogance and beliefs in their abilities). Palpatine didn't blast Yoda with a sneak attack, and it was fairly obvious what he was going to do. I believe that he simply didn't attempt to avoid it or deflect it initially because his arrogance limited him.

You'll notice that as soon as the lightning bolts encroach upon Yoda, he drops the cane and makes a legitimate attempt to deflect them - but is overpowered and knocked unconscious.

We see that Yoda is capable of keeping the Emperor's Force lightning at bay (albeit with extreme difficulty) and we see that he does so in situations where Palpatine is quicker on the draw. I can safely conclude that he was unable to deflect Palpatine's lightning due to his own hubris at that point.

But, he was humbled.

darthsith19
Good theory, Gideon, I like it and it could very well be true. But then, Yoda could be a victim of his own hubris against Kun and could get blasted with the amulet blasts, which would kill him and he'd never get a chance to get back up.

Lightsnake
Bloody hell, how hard can those things be to dodge for someone capable of taking eight blaster shots at once? Kun has to raise his arm first and fire a beam that begins relatively small

allfg
The most likely scenario would be a saber battle, and I'd give it to Exar.

He possesses a unique style with a weapon that was pretty rare in the PT times. How badly Bane did against Kas'im when he was using an unfamiliar form in comparison to how well he was doing before is testament to how great the advantage of an unfamiliar form is. I mean Bane basically went from dominating Kas'im in their duel, to getting his ass kicked, bad. Exar Kun's unique form and unorthodox weapon would be hell for Yoda to deal with.

Exar Kun's strength was pretty insane as well, given that he was actually able to swing a weightless object and break Vodo's stick through pure impact alone (Vodo's stick was resistant to the cutting power of a lightsaber, as well as being stronger).

His speed is constantly shown to be uber to the max, given that in virtually any fight he appears in, he moves in blurs. As fast as Yoda is, he does not move in blurs.

He was unmatched in an era with such people as Ulic Quel-Droma (who could hold off extremely powerful darkside driven jedi masters after being cut from the force and out of practise for a decade), Nomi Sunrider (who could wield the saber like a true master after instantly picking it up for the first time) and ancient obscure alien Jedi (such as Vodo). I'd rate all three that I mentioned above anybody Yoda faced (except maybe Vodo), and Yoda still had trouble with most of those he faced, despite his huge age and experience advantages.

Yeah, I'd definitely give the fight to Exar in this scenario.

Utrigita
Originally posted by allfg
The most likely scenario would be a saber battle, and I'd give it to Exar.

He possesses a unique style with a weapon that was pretty rare in the PT times. How badly Bane did against Kas'im when he was using an unfamiliar form in comparison to how well he was doing before is testament to how great the advantage of an unfamiliar form is. I mean Bane basically went from dominating Kas'im in their duel, to getting his ass kicked, bad. Exar Kun's unique form and unorthodox weapon would be hell for Yoda to deal with.

Exar Kun's strength was pretty insane as well, given that he was actually able to swing a weightless object and break Vodo's stick through pure impact alone (Vodo's stick was resistant to the cutting power of a lightsaber, as well as being stronger).

His speed is constantly shown to be uber to the max, given that in virtually any fight he appears in, he moves in blurs. As fast as Yoda is, he does not move in blurs.

He was unmatched in an era with such people as Ulic Quel-Droma (who could hold off extremely powerful darkside driven jedi masters after being cut from the force and out of practise for a decade), Nomi Sunrider (who could wield the saber like a true master after instantly picking it up for the first time) and ancient obscure alien Jedi (such as Vodo). I'd rate all three that I mentioned above anybody Yoda faced (except maybe Vodo), and Yoda still had trouble with most of those he faced, despite his huge age and experience advantages.

Yeah, I'd definitely give the fight to Exar in this scenario.

Given most of it to Kun but Yoda at this point of time has also done some quiet impressive things, as a jedi beinging capable of stalemating the witches of Dathomir, I think that is quiet impressive those witches was strong enough for palpatine to be afraid of them.

Utrigita
Maybe afraid is to strong concerned more likely

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Bloody hell, how hard can those things be to dodge for someone capable of taking eight blaster shots at once? Kun has to raise his arm first and fire a beam that begins relatively small
I presume that you have seen ROTS? If so, you will see that at one point Yoda, possibly due to overconfidence, was unable to block of dodge Sidious Force Lightning. If he were in a similar scenario with Kun and Kun used his amulet blasts, Yoda would lose, as the amulet blasts are much more potent than Force Lightning is.

Of course, you could have gained all that information from simply reading me and Gideon's posts...

Riverollv
mmm... ive come to think that in an all-out fight, Yoda would lose, but in a saber fight, it would be pretty close

xxXAcStylesXxx
Bane a man who had about a year at most of saber knowledge, which the novel particularly stated that he memorized forms =/= every star wars character, Banes case is not a " testament to how great the advantage of an unfamiliar form is" its a testament to how bad and unadaptable he really is with a saber.

Now compare that to someone like Yoda who has been around and trained for your know 700 more years then Bane who has seen probably countless different lightsaber form variations and who himself wields a unique form of Ataru with his shot saber, not only that he can contend and beat Vaapad a totally unique from so logic points to a "unique form" not being any consequence to someone like Yoda or really anyone who as used a saber for more then 2 years.

Look at Luke, EVERY form he faced was a unique form since he has had as it seems no official training to combat the different styles of saber combat and yet he didn't shit his pants like Bane did, as said Bane is a stand alone case he panicked and lost his control that led to his downfall. Its highly illogical to think that that would happen to every Star Wars character.

And its irrelevant compared to Yoda's own personal physical strength when he's using the force to augment it, it can be seen in the Clone Wars adventures comics when he lifts a gun that ways over a ton and walks around with it over his head.

I've never seen him move as a blur in any of the comics, please post a picture to prove what you are talking about, and again thats rendered irrelevant as well since Yoda himself has been shown on multiple occasions to move as a blur, he even does it the CW comics The Best of Blades where all you see is his after image.

LOL.

True.

How is that a measure of power? So was Yoda.

So Ulic, Nomi, and Voda are all stronger then Sidious? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Considering the only foe he's had real "trouble" with happened to be the most powerful Sith Lord ever...

It'd be a long fight but it would go to Yoda.

Utrigita
Remember it is 4 fights not just one.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Gideon
You'll notice that as soon as the lightning bolts encroach upon Yoda, he drops the cane and makes a legitimate attempt to deflect them - but is overpowered and knocked unconscious.
It is true that Yoda was over-confident and even Darth Sidious said this to Yoda before attacking him "Your arrogance blinds you! Master Yoda".

But when Sidious raised his hands to attack Yoda with Force Lightning, at that very moment Yoda made a fatal mistake for not getting ready. This could be because of his over-confidence or arrogance.

And when the Lightning bolt was launched towards Yoda, it came towards him at such a speed that he (even if he decided to block it at that moment) only managed to raise his hand to some extent but he never got the time to drop his cane or raise his hand to a certain level so that he could block the attack as you claim. And judging from his face expressions at that moment when the Lightning bolt was coming towards him, Yoda looks stunned. That Lightning bolt came at him in just 1 or 2 seconds and he was over-whelmed.

If Yoda had attempted to defend himself at the very moment when Sidious raised his hands, it could be possible for him to stop that attack but when Sidious raised his hands to attack and Yoda was just looking, it was too late.

Riverollv
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
It is true that Yoda was over-confident and even Darth Sidious said this to Yoda before attacking him "Your arrogance blinds you! Master Yoda".

But when Sidious raised his hands to attack Yoda with Force Lightning, at that very moment Yoda made a fatal mistake for not getting ready. This could be because of his over-confidence or arrogance.

And when the Lightning bolt was launched towards Yoda, it came towards him at such a speed that he (even if he decided to block it at that moment) only managed to raise his hand to some extent but he never got the time to drop his cane or raise his hand to a certain level so that he could block the attack as you claim. And judging from his face expressions at that moment when the Lightning bolt was coming towards him, Yoda looks stunned. That Lightning bolt came at him in just 1 or 2 seconds and he was over-whelmed.

If Yoda had attempted to defend himself at the very moment when Sidious raised his hands, it could be possible for him to stop that attack but when Sidious raised his hands to attack and Yoda was just looking, it was too late.

He wasn't arrogant or overconfident, Sidious simply took him off-guard. There's really nothing to it.

Blaxican
Originally posted by Gideon

Are you sure thatwasn't more of a "WTF didn't see that coming" arm raise of surprise, then an effort at blocking? He looked kind of horrified when it hit him.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Riverollv
He wasn't arrogant or overconfident, Sidious simply took him off-guard. There's really nothing to it.
Are you serious?

Yoda seemed to be over confident when he was talking with Sidious before the fight started. And Yoda's tone was indicating his arrogance. That's why Sidious said this to Yoda: "Your arrogance blinds you! Master Yoda".

And Gideon posted this line before: Yoda himself admits that even "older, more experienced Jedi" have fallen victim to their own arrogance and beliefs in their abilities.

And when Sidious raised his hands, Yoda being blinded at that moment due to his arrogance did not even thought that something is about to happen now and he should get ready but instead was just looking at Sidious as he raised his hands and attacked. This type of negligence seems idiotic in case of a Jedi as experienced as Yoda.

Yoda was indeed over-confident at the start at-least.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by darthsith19
I presume that you have seen ROTS? If so, you will see that at one point Yoda, possibly due to overconfidence, was unable to block of dodge Sidious Force Lightning. If he were in a similar scenario with Kun and Kun used his amulet blasts, Yoda would lose, as the amulet blasts are much more potent than Force Lightning is.

Of course, you could have gained all that information from simply reading me and Gideon's posts...

He was unable to block or dodge lightning from Kun's superior in suspicious circumstance? Sure, 'similar scenarion' being the key word...IE: Yoda walks to confront Kun in his office while

Oh, any proof these blasts would kill Yoda outright? Or would they temporarily knock him out while Exar stops to gloat and the fight commences as usual?

I'm sick of these amulets being any sort of deciding factor whatsoever. They don't start impressive at all and they've never once been tested against a force user of a Jedi master's caliber.

Kun has a poor chance against Yoda. A very poor chance

darthsith19
Or pretty much any circumstance where he's overconfident. He wouldn't have to walk into an office to be overconfident, you know.

If he just let out a short blast then it'd just knock Yoda out. But I see no reason why Kun would gloat, as he's never done so before (correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember him doing so).

Blaxican
"Joiin me, Master Vodo!"

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Oh, any proof these blasts would kill Yoda outright? Or would they temporarily knock him out while Exar stops to gloat and the fight commences as usual?
You're right lightsnake, while Sidious' lightning is potent enough to kill force users, Kun's amulet blasts that make holes in sith wyrms and Massassi temples are not? Wonderful logic.

That's your subjective and ridiculous claim, I don't care.

No, Kun has a very good chance against Yoda. Kun knows techniques Yoda doesn't, and his amulet blasts should give him a huge advantage, even if it tires Yoda out for all that dodging. If he was smart he'd blast him or at least attempt to until Yoda became tired, then finish him off with a blade. In a saber duel it could go either way.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
1. Wonderful, your argument deals with absence of proof. Unfortunately there's no proof that anybody CAN block an instantaneous beam of energy that grows with rage.

What's that ? Winding out of an argument for noobies ?
To use something as an argument you actually would have to proof that something would go like you want. Using force powers against force user who do possess defensive force abilities is always risky.

For some reason Exar doesn't even try to blast actual enemies with that amulet. Neither Vodo, nor Ulic - both enemies that actually might have been some threat to him. In fact he just uses force attacks on two people: Odan and Aleema and both tried to give him all they could right before he counterattacks them. Of course Odan dies yes (stupid imho but well) and Aleema is just knocked out for some minutes despite the fact that Kun did clearly intend to kill her with the blast of force energy he gave her.

So. Unless you want to tell me that Aleema had a compareable force defence to Yoda I guess Kun's fancy force attacks in the shape of "beams" will simply be shrugged off.

He's fast enough to dodge and deflect blaster bolts which (omg) move with damn high speeds. And I don't see how that beams should be "instantaneous". Obviously we're talking about energy blasts that need to travel over the distance between the amulet and the target (Yoda). Not even talking about the fact that Kun would first need to aim with the amulet while being attacked by Yoda.

You mean a baseless assumption like "Kun will use his amulets against another force user" ?

And then he'll do what ?

Apparently I did read something about "Force Light" in the POTJ Sourcebook and it says that the ability, which Yoda did possess, is capable of removing the Dark Side from a nexus point (objects, places, spirits even persons). And going by the possible effect on objects I guess that would apply on a Sith amulet crafted with Sith alchemy (yeah...DARK SIDE) as well.

Another question would be how the Jedi did manage to drive the Sith to extinction after the events shown in GAotS and FotSE comics. As you might recall the Sith Lords were all carrying those amulets around. Same with the Brotherhood of Darkness (at least Kaan whos amulet was crafted into one of Vader's gloves later). If there is no way to defend against them, every Sith should be able to take on a damn large amount of Jedi by just vaporizing them with his amulets. And again: Since something like that didn't happen they might be rather useless in combat vs force users for some reason.

Lightsnake
Are you KIDDING me? His entire fight with Vodo was nothing but gloating. His fight with Sylvar? Racial slurs and gloating.
His fight with Ood? Taunts and gloating. Constantly.

I really doubt that under the circumstances, any Jedi will be anywhere near as arrogant as Kun

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Borbarad
For some reason Exar doesn't even try to blast actual enemies with that amulet. Neither Vodo, nor Ulic - both enemies that actually might have been some threat to him. In fact he just uses force attacks on two people: Odan and Aleema and both tried to give him all they could right before he counterattacks them. Of course Odan dies yes (stupid imho but well) and Aleema is just knocked out for some minutes despite the fact that Kun did clearly intend to kill her with the blast of force energy he gave her.
You do realize that Kun's blast on Aleema and Kun's blast on the sith wyrm are two different things right? Not to mention we see Kun using the amulet only when he needs to, only when he's in danger of death.

Apparently somebody missed the fact that Aleema used her sith magic on Kun, and Kun threw the same kind of sith magic back at Aleema saying, "You only know the beginning of sith magic woman, while I have learned everything". Ergo, not the same attack, therefore your point is moot.

The beams don't stop coming as opposed to blaster bolts. I didn't know Yoda is suddenly lance Armstrong at 900 years old, where he can dodge blasts that keep on coming.

We see Kun using the amulet blast when he's in extreme danger. I don't see how it is baseless, as opposed to "omg he didn't use it against a force user so he can't!!".

Debateable

Oh god, what a retarded argument. You're making a ridiculous hasty generalization, assuming that ALL the amulets have the same power. One logical assumption would be that the sith lords either had defenses for the amulet blasts, so that they don't all wipe each other out, or not all the amulets do the same thing. So again, that's a poor argument. That's like saying "well since Sidious had an instakill why didn't he use it on Yoder!!". And again, I didn't know that force users have a completely different body composition than humans, nor would react differently to a blast that makes holes in stone walls.

zephiel7
I would also like to add that the amulets blasts were described as "darkside force energy." PoD narrated pretty clearly that a manifestation of the force as energy could be shielded against provided the force user was strong enough.

Furthermore, the blasts were stated by DSSB to damage the user. So if Kun were to fire these blasts like a mad bomber, he'd be hurting himself as well.

This match would be pretty good, but I'm not in the mood to argue for either of these characters. (they never interested me that much)

kamhal
What a kind of arg is this? To break a stick shows kun's "insane strength"?

Actually, tha narrator stated that exar and ullic were even in lightsaber skills when they started fighting...

This is tough, but i stay with yoda.

Riverollv
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Are you serious?

Yoda seemed to be over confident when he was talking with Sidious before the fight started. And Yoda's tone was indicating his arrogance. That's why Sidious said this to Yoda: "Your arrogance blinds you! Master Yoda".

And Gideon posted this line before: Yoda himself admits that even "older, more experienced Jedi" have fallen victim to their own arrogance and beliefs in their abilities.

And when Sidious raised his hands, Yoda being blinded at that moment due to his arrogance did not even thought that something is about to happen now and he should get ready but instead was just looking at Sidious as he raised his hands and attacked. This type of negligence seems idiotic in case of a Jedi as experienced as Yoda.

Yoda was indeed over-confident at the start at-least.

Exactly, he didnt even thought about it. Maybe youre right, he was arrogant, but i dont think overconfident. He knew Sidious was very very powerful. Though, Sidious fears Yoda, and he's right to be afraid

Count Makashi
Because Sidious is a coward and is afraid for his life, he uses others, pawns to fight battles, he tries to avoid them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.