Shitty Drivers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
So I'm in a parking garage in my Z3 M Roadster, and I'm looking for a nice safe parking spot. I find one, and I park the car as far into the spot as possible, with plenty of room on each side, and I go to the hospital. Afterwards, as I leave the hospital to head back to my car, I notice that the left tail light is broken and there's a scratch in the paint on my bumper (horray for steel bodies at least). Luckily the person left a note and her insurance and all that. The note said "Sorry, I thought I was pressing on the brake." Who in the hell gave this person a license if they can't find the brake pedal to stop them from hitting what was probably the smallest car in the whole frickin garage? Eh wtf. At least she's paying the 860$ for the repair. What do you all think of stupid drivers? Personally I think the requirements to obtain a license should be much stricter. Like Germany strict. What do you think?

Black Dalek
Originally posted by AngryManatee
So I'm in a parking garage in my Z3 M Roadster, and I'm looking for a nice safe parking spot. I find one, and I park the car as far into the spot as possible, with plenty of room on each side, and I go to the hospital. Afterwards, as I leave the hospital to head back to my car, I notice that the left tail light is broken and there's a scratch in the paint on my bumper (horray for steel bodies at least). Luckily the person left a note and her insurance and all that. The note said "Sorry, I thought I was pressing on the brake." Who in the hell gave this person a license if they can't find the brake pedal to stop them from hitting what was probably the smallest car in the whole frickin garage? Eh wtf. At least she's paying the 860$ for the repair. What do you all think of stupid drivers? Personally I think the requirements to obtain a license should be much stricter. Like Germany strict. What do you think?

Muffins and Pies.

lulz.

Kaldorei
Well, everyone makes misstake. Just because he did this does not mean he/she is a bad driver in general. He could have been tired, had a bad day or just simply made a misstake.

In my opinion, driving should not be made tougher.

Magee
We are only human, we love the mistakessss. If it was made harder to pass your driving test it would just mean less road tax, insurance etc etc for teh machinezzz/governmentanez/ lizard peoplz. And i tell thee something about thee shite, teh governments would no be happy so it wouldz neverz happens tbhz.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Kaldorei

I'm not saying driving should be made tougher. I'm saying it should be more difficult to obtain your license. I know people (back in the day) who had gotten their liscenses and were terrible drivers, which is ridiculous when they got it and I had to wait 6 months(because they were 18 and I was 15). I feel that if we made it harder to obtain a driver's liscense by placing higher demands on how good a person must be able to drive to get a liscense, that it would benefit everyone, and perhaps result in a safer driving environment.

meep-meep
I'm not saying driving should be made tougher. I'm saying it should be more difficult to obtain your license. I know people (back in the day) who had gotten their liscenses and were terrible drivers, which is ridiculous when they got it and I had to wait 6 months(because they were 18 and I was 15). I feel that if we made it harder to obtain a driver's liscense by placing higher demands on how good a person must be able to drive to get a liscense, that it would benefit everyone, and perhaps result in a safer driving environment.

I agree there are some people out there who should be allowed nowhere near an auto. I don't know what can be done about it though.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kaldorei
Well, everyone makes misstake. Just because he did this does not mean he/she is a bad driver in general. He could have been tired, had a bad day or just simply made a misstake.

Why not? If it could ensure that he/she was only tired and not a bad driver?

Rogue Jedi
i think you got drunk and hit a bus full of nuns.

meep-meep
Just what do you need to do to get a license in Germany, anyway?

Well, besides letting the driving test instructor work the stick, yaknowamsayin'?!

Dreampanther
Try riding a bike, and then come and complain about bad drivers again. sad There are so many stories I could tell you...

BackFire

She's stupid for leaving her information, not for hitting your car.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by BackFire
She's stupid for leaving her information, not for hitting your car.

No that's called being honest, but I still find it stupid that she hit a parked car in a parking garage because she thought she was pressing on the brake.

I just picked up the car from the shop today, so it looks pretty again Happy Dance

~Forever*Alone~
ive tried 3 times to get my N, and im not a bad driver, its really hard!!

there are so many rules you have to remember!

Mr. Bacon
come to rhode island, horrible drivers

KidRock

If I hit your car I would have said "**** it..he probley deserved it"

and guess what? I would have been CORRECT!

HellasBloke

I've seen far too many shitty drivers in my short time driving. Sadly I think even if license requirements were stricter there would still be and over abundance of dumb ass drivers that get through the cracks.

One day I had my motorbike in the middle of a car park spot, my motorbike... someone managed to hit it and knock it over. How does someone do that, it's not even half the size of a car you'd have to go way over the line to hit it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.