Marvel has turned to the darkside

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
So...What is going on with the Marvel Universe? Why have they chosen to go the communisitic route? Caps dead, for a couple of months, stark got his wish. every hero has to register The new avengers have become the mighty avengers. I mean...wow, is this all leading somewhere or is Marvel taking us all on a ride in a great big messy circle jerk to get more of our money?

Galactus should come and eat the Earth with silver surfer laughing at the scene. I mean, is it even worth reading these mainstream comics anymore? The storylines are nothing more than recycled stories told in different era's of the comicverse. Where is it all leading? Is it worth being apart of this next money making ploy?

ragesRemorse
sorry, thread belongs in comic books not comic movies. ah well same difference

roughrider
It's all leading to a MASSIVE REBOOT in four years - Marvel's 50th Anniversary.
Watch and see - everyting will get returned to normal. wink

ragesRemorse
exactly, so is there really any point in reading marvel comics?

roughrider
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
exactly, so is there really any point in reading marvel comics?

What is the point of reading any Marvel or DC comics, if eventually we just end up right back where we started, and no change is ever permanent?

Two decades after the first Crisis, it looks like the DC multiverse is returning. Why? Envious, seeing how Marvel is efficiently running a multiverse of titles now?

ragesRemorse
so it comes down to dollar over substance? This is what i feared. I think it is about time to close the doors to my favorite seedy comic shops, and start conforming to shopping at bookstores for my graphic novle comics. I just diddnt want to face facts that the comic industry had raped me of my loyalty and money once again. This is truly going to be a sad mark in my life. I guess no hero is strong enough to turn down those silver peices over truth and righteousness ay?

Nataku8188
... comics have always been like this. If you were too blind to see there were 7 spider-man books for profit, not story, then that's your problem.

OB1-adobe
so it comes down to dollar over substance? This is what i feared. I think it is about time to close the doors to my favorite seedy comic shops, and start conforming to shopping at bookstores for my graphic novle comics. I just diddnt want to face facts that the comic industry had raped me of my loyalty and money once again. This is truly going to be a sad mark in my life. I guess no hero is strong enough to turn down those silver peices over truth and righteousness ay?

I believe next 20 years (at most) the monthly comic book as we have all known since the 1930's is on its way out. And moving toward the graphic novel and TPB. Basically because of people like you and me. You walk in to a comic store on Wed. and its almost disgusting. At point I walked in, and I'm like "Why are there like 8 or 9 Batman related books?"

Marvel and DC need to end their universes and just publish older reprint stuff so they can display their entire legacy instead of running it into the ground.

WrathfulDwarf
So...What is going on with the Marvel Universe? Why have they chosen to go the communisitic route? Caps dead, for a couple of months, stark got his wish. every hero has to register The new avengers have become the mighty avengers. I mean...wow, is this all leading somewhere or is Marvel taking us all on a ride in a great big messy circle jerk to get more of our money?

Galactus should come and eat the Earth with silver surfer laughing at the scene. I mean, is it even worth reading these mainstream comics anymore? The storylines are nothing more than recycled stories told in different era's of the comicverse. Where is it all leading? Is it worth being apart of this next money making ploy?

See, if you analyze Marvel correctly...they're paranoid and that is why you see them make hasty decisions. Marvel doesn't want to go through that phase of the 90's. They want to avoid that by looking for ways to sell their characters. That is why you see them so desperate to make movies out of their characters. They get their share of the profit.

For Marvel Comic Books aren't enough....now they feel that they have to make movies to feel financially secure. As you've seen, it pay it off for them. It's the George Lucas syndrome...they exploit their characters to grossly make money....now, there is nothing wrong with that....the problem will arise once people get tired of it. I mean, take a look at these trilogies:

Spiderman
Xmen
Blade

That's 3 trilogies in less than a decade. Plus! they want to push them into a Fourth installment. It's blatant obviously that Marvel is a money hungry glutton.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
See, if you analyze Marvel correctly...they're paranoid and that is why you see them make hasty decisions. Marvel doesn't want to go through that phase of the 90's. They want to avoid that by looking for ways to sell their characters. That is why you see them so desperate to make movies out of their characters. They get their share of the profit.

For Marvel Comic Books aren't enough....now they feel that they have to make movies to feel financially secure. As you've seen, it pay it off for them. It's the George Lucas syndrome...they exploit their characters to grossly make money....now, there is nothing wrong with that....the problem will arise once people get tired of it. I mean, take a look at these trilogies:

Spiderman
Xmen
Blade

That's 3 trilogies in less than a decade. Plus! they want to push them into a Fourth installment. It's blatant obviously that Marvel is a money hungry glutton.

This is the problem with corporate comics.
Marvels lowest moment though may have been destroying Defiant.

In early 1993, Defiant announced release of its first title: Plasm. Upon hearing the news, Marvel Comics threatened a lawsuit against Defiant, claiming that the new title violated their copyright.

Jim Shooter then changed the name of the comic from Plasm to Warriors of Plasm in seeking to avoid a costly court battle with Marvel.

Marvel sued anyway.

Shooter fought back, however, noting in court that the title in question was a fairly recent and obscure publication that was published by Marvel's UK division. He also noted that Marvel's concept was very different from the one introduced in DEFIANT's title.

Eventually, the court decided in favor of Defiant. However, the legal process depleted the company's savings. According to Shooter, the entire court battle cost Defiant over $300,000 in legal fees.

The sum would never be recouped and eventually would lead Defiant to close its doors before it would become bankrupt.

They knew exactly what they were doing!!

-FO!!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Nataku8188
... comics have always been like this. If you were too blind to see there were 7 spider-man books for profit, not story, then that's your problem.

I really dont think thats true. I think the recycled story mentality has been slowly integrated into the dc and marvel universe over the last decade. I noticed it starting in the mid 90's but there were still some prime storylines comming out of marvel during this era, right around the time i got out of comics for the first time. I thought the x-men bloodlines was one of the best stories ever. Of course Wolverine got his adamantium back, Xavier came back to life, and the Phoenix was ressurected as Jean grey again. Then after the horrid clone wars era with Spidey, they basically disregaurded that entire run. Bruce Wayne fixed his broken back and found a new robin. Superman came back to life and was more powerfull than before.

That was the start, i believe.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Spiderman
Xmen
Blade

Its a mutual thing dude. They want fourth movies, the studio wants fourth movies, and a ton of people in the public want a fourth movie. They could easily make 3 more X-men films if they and the actors want to.

Kazenji
I really dont think thats true. I think the recycled story mentality has been slowly integrated into the dc and marvel universe over the last decade. I noticed it starting in the mid 90's but there were still some prime storylines comming out of marvel during this era,

With DC it was way futher back then the 90's i think was the 60's or something like that especally with Batman the "the recycled story mentality"

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji
With DC it was way futher back then the 90's i think was the 60's or something like that especally with Batman the "the recycled story mentality"

do you really think so?

Kazenji
Yes they were recyclying the same old stories and losing sales with the batman comics

ragesRemorse
batman always sucked until jim Lee anyway. Atleast thats my opinion. Batman comics are just silly to the tenth power, what the hell was no mans land? gangs with candy? darknight was original. See im not ancient. I diddnt start reading comics back in the beginning, i started reading comics during an age of innovation and financial stunts. unlike the pussy ass golden age of super cool dudes fighting nazi's while chillin with uncle sam. I dont mind chillin with uncle sam, but ali never should have fought superman, thats why i will forever hate dc, even though i love superman, and hold slight contemptment towards marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.