Aint it the Truth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
No Matter who you are, where you are, how you are, what you are, how you look, how far you go, how successful or whatever you become.....

Someone will always Hate you

It doesn't matter if you are White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Gay, Straight, Religious, Atheist, Rich, Poor, Married, Single, Athletic, Artistic, kind, cruel, generous, greedy, intelligent, ignorant, wise, unwise, etc. .....There will always be a person, or group of people, who will dislike you, disrespect you, or have some kind of negative perception of you and what you are, for whatever reason.

And there's nothing you can do about that.

Likewise....

There will always be someone, or a group of people, who will LOVE you exactly for who and what you areregardless of what others or yourself think.

I beleive this to be absolutely true....do you agree or disagree ?

If you agree, then why care ne longer what others think? How others feel about you as a person, knowing that no matter what you do or become, you cannot please everyone, and that you cannot get every single living being to love and respect you.....

If you disagree, then why do you imagine that you can get every single human being to like you ?

Discuss....

Symmetric Chaos
Humans are just too variable to make it so everybody likes you (unless you can control minds). The same goes for them hating you.

When you have some 6.5 billion people around inevitable some will hate you and some will love you just due to their personality.

Storm
I believe I have no to little control over the way others view me. It' s not the end of the world if someone doesn' t particularly care for me. If it is okay for me not to like everyone, then I certainly can' t expect everyone to care for me.

Tangible God
I agree. But that doesn't mean we're all suddenly gonna stop trying to get people to like us. Knowing people who like you is better than knowing people who hate you.

Lord Urizen
I think it's a sad reality

Sorgo X
Some people share different views, others the same.

Love and hate will always co-exist.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Sorgo X
Some people share different views, others the same.

Love and hate will always co-exist.

True. I believe Life is suffering and enjoyment, and you cannot truly exterminate one or the other.

debbiejo
But love and hate come from within YOU. What I mean is that you can't feel hated unless you LET someone make you feel that emotion. You are ultimately in charge of your own feelings and how you react to others feelings about you. You can be reactive or proactive. If you feel that someone hates you, just move on and don't dwell on it because ultimately it's not really you that they hate anyway, it has something to do with themselves and they just project it onto you...Well that is my opinion.

pcp
I dunno, I think everyone loves Bono, don't they?

~Forever*Alone~
i beleive in the hate part.... but love? pshhhhh

Sorgo X
Originally posted by debbiejo
But love and hate come from within YOU. What I mean is that you can't feel hated unless you LET someone make you feel that emotion. You are ultimately in charge of your own feelings and how you react to others feelings about you. You can be reactive or proactive. If you feel that someone hates you, just move on and don't dwell on it because ultimately it's not really you that they hate anyway, it has something to do with themselves and they just project it onto you...Well that is my opinion.

Hate can be a powerful thing. It's not always easy to ignore.

argesilen
When someone hates me, I do not feel unpleasant, because I know he's not hating me, but projection...when someone talk bullshits about me, I'm not taking him seriously because I know he's not talking about me, but when someone's speaking against the truth, I go nuts, because I'm personally offended...
And I'm not focused on words but motives beneath them, so words can't hurt me so easily...

debbiejo
I view it like that too.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
No Matter who you are, where you are, how you are, what you are, how you look, how far you go, how successful or whatever you become.....

It doesn't matter if you are White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Gay, Straight, Religious, Atheist, Rich, Poor, Married, Single, Athletic, Artistic, kind, cruel, generous, greedy, intelligent, ignorant, wise, unwise, etc. .....There will always be a person, or group of people, who will dislike you, disrespect you, or have some kind of negative perception of you and what you are, for whatever reason.

And there's nothing you can do about that.

Likewise....

There will always be someone, or a group of people, who will LOVE you exactly for who and what you areregardless of what others or yourself think.

I beleive this to be absolutely true....do you agree or disagree ?

If you agree, then why care ne longer what others think? How others feel about you as a person, knowing that no matter what you do or become, you cannot please everyone, and that you cannot get every single living being to love and respect you.....

If you disagree, then why do you imagine that you can get every single human being to like you ?

Discuss....
people either like me or dislike me. Fukk them if they hate me for petty reasons.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
people either like me or dislike me. Fukk them if they hate me for petty reasons.

Hate is almost always for petty reasons

draku

... so?

As long as they don't plan on hurting me, they can hate me all they want smile

lil bitchiness
True, Kali.

However, people persist on doing things they don't like, buying shit they don't need to impress people they don't like, in hope that they will like them.

It is important to be liked. Everyone wants to be liked, but it is impossible that they be loved by everyone and vice versa.

pcp
I wouldn't use the word 'Hate', no one really hates anyone - they just have a strong dislike. I don't think that everyone necessarily has people who like and dislike them. There has to be someone who everyone likes or could like, somewhere.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by pcp
I wouldn't use the word 'Hate', no one really hates anyone - they just have a strong dislike. I don't think that everyone necessarily has people who like and dislike them. There has to be someone who everyone likes or could like, somewhere.

I disagree...if you have an opinion, someone will like or dislike you

If you look a certain way, someone will like or dislike it

If you act a certain way, someone will like or dislike it

It is not possible to be liked or disliked by every single person...all people will have different perceptions of you, and there is nothing you can do about that.

Just choose who you'd rather have in your life, that is all. smile

Inspectah Deck
True. I believe Life is suffering and enjoyment, and you cannot truly exterminate one or the other.

yep, life has equilibrium

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
yep, life has equilibrium

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.