You know what I don't like?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Flamboyant~
Last week, a kid in my school committed suicide.

Now, this week all of the flags in the school district are half mast.

For some reason, I just don't think that someone who made a willful decision to end his own life should get any sort of honoring such as this.

I brought this up to a few of my peers, and they all thought I was crazy.

Oh, and the reason he commited suicide was because he was caught selling marijuana-laced brownies on school grounds, and had possible charges pending. He couldn't deal with this, so he killed himself.

Anyone here agree with me?

Alpha Centauri
Yes.I.do.agree.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
?

Alpha Centauri
You wouldn't understand.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~

For some reason, I just don't think that someone who made a willful decision to end his own life should get any sort of honoring such as this.

What about soldiers that willingly die for their country?

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

That's a very shaky comparison. They don't willingly end their own life. In fact, they do everything possible to preserve their life, they are just doing so in a very dangerous situation.

With that comparison police officers, fire fighters, and others who constantly work in dangerous situations all willingly end their lives. It really just isn't true.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
In fact, they do everything possible to preserve their life

They're not. Staying at home would qualify for that.

They don't/shouldn't get credit for flying to a war zone and then not wanting to die. Stay out of the army then.

With that comparison police officers, fire fighters, and others who constantly work in dangerous situations all willingly end their lives. It really just isn't true.

They accept that they will possibly die, so if they know and accept that, why should we mourn them?

Mourn the loss of someone who was just walking along and got stabbed. Don't adopt the lame argument of "He got killed, just doing his job as a cop.". Putting themselves in the line of fire.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
That's a very shaky comparison. They don't willingly end their own life. In fact, they do everything possible to preserve their life, they are just doing so in a very dangerous situation.

It wasn't a comparison, it was a possible exception. Those people often do willingly end their lives, to all intents, in specific situations.

I'm not saying a slight bit of danger means 'someone is willingly ending their life'. That's a slightly idiotic deduction.

I said willingly die. Not 'get into a bit of danger, whereby you might possibly die'.

Has no soldier ever willingly ended their own life? Not suicide, but entered into a position whereby death was inevitable?

Original quote: 'I just don't think that someone who made a willful decision to end his own life should get any sort of honoring such as this'.

Blanket statement.

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They're not. Staying at home would qualify for that.

They don't/shouldn't get credit for flying to a war zone and then not wanting to die. Stay out of the army then.

They accept that they will possibly die, so if they know and accept that, why should we mourn them?

Mourn the loss of someone who was just walking along and got stabbed. Don't adopt the lame argument of "He got killed, just doing his job as a cop.". Putting themselves in the line of fire.

-AC

Certainly they do put themselves into dangerous situations, all to preserve life and to protect the interests of our nation all over the world. Why shouldn't they be mourned for this? All deaths should be mourned, and in my opinion those who willingly accept the risks to preserve other lives and perform community service, or even fight a determined enemy overseas, should all be held in the highest regard.

J-Beowulf
It wasn't a comparison, it was a possible exception. Those people often do willingly end their lives, to all intents, in specific situations.

I'm not saying a slight bit of danger means 'someone is willingly ending their life'. That's a slightly idiotic deduction.

I said willingly die. Not 'get into a bit of danger, whereby you might possibly die'.

Has no soldier ever willingly ended their own life? Not suicide, but entered into a position whereby death was inevitable?

Original quote: 'I just don't think that someone who made a willful decision to end his own life should get any sort of honoring such as this'.

Blanket statement.

Very good point.

ragesRemorse

That is nothing but absurdity. Willingly walking across the street is willfully accpeting the possibility of death. 90% of soldiers who sign their rights away do it with no intention of dying. Comparing a retard whom couldnt cope to a man who dies defending loved ones is a very very different scenario. Hanging flags at half mast is nothing but an insult to the patrons who lose their souls for this country. I agree that the school should obviously have had the standard grieving and memorial services, but not going as far as lowering our flag half mast.

The flag used to stand for something. What did this typical susicide contribute to this country aside from another statistic of social ills?

Wild-Cherry
maybe.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
That is nothing but absurdity. Willingly walking across the street is willfully accpeting the possibility of death.

Yes, so what? Who said it wasn't?

'Possibility' isn't the issue. You just missed it because your knee-jerk obscured your vision.

90% of soldiers who sign their rights away do it with no intention of dying.

Randomly made up statistic, and moreover, irrelevant.

Comparing a retard whom couldnt cope to a man who dies defending loved ones is a very very different scenario.

Yes, exactly. That's my point. Who are you debating against again?

The flag used to stand for something. What did this typical susicide contribute to this country aside from another statistic of social ills?

I wonder if they have The Daily Mail over there.

You would like it.

WrathfulDwarf
Lowering the flag is always a sign of remenbering those who have fallen defending a nation. Times continue to change and no doubt certain social rituals and traditions will change as well...

Kamikaze fighters...

FeceMan
Good for him.

One time, a guy committed suicide in our school parking lot because he got expelled for selling Vicodin.

Another time, a guy died of a heroin overdose. I said that he deserved it and I received the most horrified, disgusted look from this girl who heard me.

Alpha Centauri
All deaths should be mourned, and in my opinion those who willingly accept the risks to preserve other lives and perform community service, or even fight a determined enemy overseas, should all be held in the highest regard.

A) All deaths? I understand that ideal, it's just impractical. Human life isn't inherently worth mourning.

B) I refuse to hold someone in high regard for something I didn't ask them to do. They're doing it for themselves and they know the risks.

They also sign up to fight unquestionably, for wrong or right. Bush's soldiers found that out, then had the nerve to complain. "We don't like what we're fighting for now!", shut the hell up and think before you join the armed forces then.

-AC

Blaxican
laughing man you're an ass... laughing out loud

AngryManatee
Thinking about suicide but you're not sure if it's the right thing to do? Here are some tips to help you decide whether or not killing yourself is a good choice:

1. Do you live at home but your parents are always making you clean your room and do your homework? It's a sure sign that they don't love you and that they want you to kill yourself. Why else would they make you clean your room? What are they going to do next, ground you? Make you wear braces? Don't kid yourself, the message is clear.

2. If you just got out of a bad relationship and you feel like things are never going to get better; you're right. Everyone knows that suicide is the only option, stop procrastinating. Look on the bright side, at least your ex will feel guilty for a couple of minutes--but don't count on it.

3. Depressed? Don't have any friends? I guess nobody told you, but being depressed and feeling lonely isn't normal. Everyone else is happy, and has lots of friends so there must be something wrong with you. Put the prozac away, what you need is rat poison.

4. Spill a drink at a party? Drop a plate of food in a restaurant? Nobody else has to live with that kind of embarrassment; you know what you have to do.

5. Flunked out of college? Don't know algebra? Here's a question you should know the answer to: Flunked out of college + Don't know algebra = Time for _____. Chances are you still don't know the answer, so here's a hint: it starts with an 's' and ends in 'uicide'.

6. Traffic jam? Sometimes bad luck isn't a coincidence. Do you really want to sit in traffic for another half hour? Look on the bright side, if you're a viking you'll be going to Valhalla. Then again, you're probably not, but eternal damnation in hell is probably the next best thing.

7. Telemarketers keep calling? It's easier to hang yourself than to get rid of a telemarketer, am I wrong? If you're lucky, Home Depot might be having a sale on rope. After all, you don't want to die letting people think you weren't frugal.

8. Flu? You realize that there's no cure for the flu, right? Well, no cure that doesn't involve painting the wall with your brains.

9. Flat tire? Do I have to spell it out for you?

10. College application get rejected? Take the hint.

Hope you found this guide helpful, mention it in your suicide note. On second thought, why bother? Nobody will read it.

-Maddox

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Blaxican
laughing man you're an ass... laughing out loud

How am I an ass? Was what I said untrue? No.

-AC

Robtard

-AC

Would you feel the same way towards a fireman that died saving you from a burning building?

Blaxican
How am I an ass? Was what I said untrue? No.

-AC

You are completely correct. Replace ass with... blunt.

Kinneary
You're an immature jackass. Please, don't ever make a comment like that again, Alpha. You just make yourself look ignorant.

JacopeX

Oh, and the reason he commited suicide was because he was caught selling marijuana-laced brownies on school grounds, and had possible charges pending. He couldn't deal with this, so he killed himself.

Anyone here agree with me? Well, suicide comes with a good reason. I seriously hate it when people say "Only cowards commit Suicide". Well, People would rather die then face such an awful life. Seriously, who would want to live a life and have it slap you in the face 24/7. You explained why he killed himself, but I'm talking generally.

Strangelove
No. Suicide is the coward's way out. I see no exceptions to that rule. There is no situation where there isn't a possibility for a reversal. Suicide is simply the easy way. People who would rather end it all instead of fighting though the hard times and making things better. It's pathetic.

Yes, it's tragic. I will always believe that. I mourn suicides just as much as the next guy. But suicide has never been and will never be the 'right' way to go.

botankus

Anyone here agree with me?

Put up a 8-1/2 x 11" piece of paper honoring him and move on.

chillmeistergen
I don't agree, It's not just him that this send off is for it's for his family as well. Imagine how you'd feel if your son's life was seen as an utter waste of time and deserves no kind of ceremony. Plus what kind of hardship is it to you just to see some flags half mast, when this is probably the only comfort this lads family and friends are getting? Plus I very very very much doubt that was the only reason he committed suicide.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Kinneary
You're an immature jackass. Please, don't ever make a comment like that again, Alpha. You just make yourself look ignorant.

Hurt by the truth, huh? No worries, it happens.

-AC

vintageSW77
edit

Robtard
I have little pity for people who commit suicide as a general rule; some cases aside like mental illness or extreme grief withstanding. But equating someone who jumps off a roof to a fireman, policeman etc who dies in the line of duty is simply asinine.

True they know the risk and their jobs are voluntary, but those jobs are necessary in society and "we" recognize that even though no one forced them specifically into service; we applaud them for doing these dangerous and necessary jobs. So when a fireman dies saving someone; putting out a fire or a policeman dies for attempting to stop a criminal "we" should mourn the loss as they died for a reason and didn't simply "commit suicide".

JacopeX
Originally posted by Strangelove
No. Suicide is the coward's way out. I see no exceptions to that rule. There is no situation where there isn't a possibility for a reversal. Suicide is simply the easy way. People who would rather end it all instead of fighting though the hard times and making things better. It's pathetic. The Holocaust. If you were known to become as a Non survivor in the tragic time. Explain that. You are about to die a Painful death.

Robtard
No. Suicide is the coward's way out. I see no exceptions to that rule. There is no situation where there isn't a possibility for a reversal. Suicide is simply the easy way. People who would rather end it all instead of fighting though the hard times and making things better. It's pathetic.

Yes, it's tragic. I will always believe that. I mourn suicides just as much as the next guy. But suicide has never been and will never be the 'right' way to go.

That's a broad blanket judgement to make don't you think? There are exceptions where death would seem preferable than living; e.g., what if you had an illness that was going to kill you for certain without the possibility of a "reversal" and the short time you had to life was nothing but chronic pain? Would it be "cowardly" to end your own suffering? Don't be so ready to judge.

chillmeistergen
Who are we to call people cowards anyway? Why should we question others personal decisions? I can't see any cowardice in suicide, I know I wouldn't have the balls no mater what to slit my wrists, hang myself or shoot myself. Plus overdoses are one the most painful ways to die. Maybe some of you should go through these people's emotional pain and then come back and call them cowards.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Who are we to call people cowards anyway? Why should we question others personal decisions? I can't see any cowardice in suicide, I know I wouldn't have the balls no mater what to slit my wrists, hang myself or shoot myself. Plus overdoses are one the most painful ways to die. Maybe some of you should go through these people's emotional pain and then come back and call them cowards.

Regardless of whether or not suicide is worth it, which I personally don't believe it ever is (Permanent solution to temporary problem etc.), what you said is correct, and people forget that.

I fail to see it as an act of cowardice to willingly take your own life.

"People who slit their wrists are p*ssies.". Hardly. I'd say it takes "guts" to willingly slice your own flesh.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Regardless of whether or not suicide is worth it, which I personally don't believe it ever is (Permanent solution to temporary problem etc.), what you said is correct, and people forget that.

I fail to see it as an act of cowardice to willingly take your own life.

"People who slit their wrists are p*ssies.". Hardly. I'd say it takes "guts" to willingly slice your own flesh.

-AC
it takes even more guts to stay alive and deal with the problem. i would say suicide is an easy way out, not a cowards way out.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Robtard
But equating someone who jumps off a roof to a fireman, policeman etc who dies in the line of duty is simply asinine.

True they know the risk and their jobs are voluntary, but those jobs are necessary in society and "we" recognize that even though no one forced them specifically into service; we applaud them for doing these dangerous and necessary jobs. So when a fireman dies saving someone; putting out a fire or a policeman dies for attempting to stop a criminal "we" should mourn the loss as they died for a reason and didn't simply "commit suicide".

I would hope you do not suggest that is what I did.

I imagine this must be aimed elsewhere.

Robtard
I would hope you do not suggest that is what I did.

I imagine this must be aimed elsewhere.

Did you equate someone dying doing a needed dangerous job with suicide?

Alpha Centauri

The answer to that question is in his post.

-AC

Robtard
The answer to that question is in his post.

-AC

I was a rhetorical question, but thanks anyway.

Rogue Jedi
are you guys speaking from experience? has any of you actually contemplated suicide?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
are you guys speaking from experience? has any of you actually contemplated suicide?

Suggesting that holding an opinion different to yours, automatically means the people arguing have direct experience in the matter, reveals your frailty of mind. One who cannot even take into account the other side of an argument may as well argue with ones self in my opinion. I'll give you this quote to savour:
'The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.' F Scott Fitzgerald

BackFire
Why? Everyone knows anytime you leave the house you run the chance of getting killed in any number of ways. They made the choice to do it, so they shouldn't be mourned. The only people that whould be mourned apparently are people who get murdered while sleeping, but even that, they know when they sleep that they're vulnerable, they made the choice to sleep, so I guess we shouldn't mourne them either. Mourne no one.

Oh wait, maybe we can mourne babies, they didn't choose to be borne, so if they die it's not really their fault.

Then again, they did choose to try and swallow that fork...

Robtard
But BackFire, "rebels" don't do socially acceptable things like 'mourning'...

BackFire
Rebels aren't people, they'll eventually get AIDS from sharing a needle with the wrong guy/selling their ass to someone for pot money and die, they don't matter.

vandergirl
Seems like this vistor von always picks and arguement with someone about every forum he comments to. Strange! He did the same to my forum also. Someone is very lonely or something Dude you need a dog to argue with!

BackFire
He's insecure about his masculinity. I hear he's really small in the pants.

I'm lying, I know he's very small in the pants.

soin2cal
I wish i understood this, but i dont.sorry.

vandergirl
I am not even going to ask how you KNOW

BackFire
Originally posted by vandergirl
I am not even going to ask how you KNOW

I've seen it.

In his steadfast determination to deny his small affliction, he's posted photos of it all over the internet, particularly on gay porn sites.

His photos are usually met with laughter and confusion. Often times, anger, when his penis is mistaken for that of a 7 year old boys and thought to be a case of child pornography.

Robtard
Originally posted by soin2cal
I wish i understood this, but i dont.sorry.

If you're referring to the post directly above yours:

"In the pants" refers to penis.

BackFire is referring to Victor Von Doom's penis as being very small.

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by BackFire
Why? Everyone knows anytime you leave the house you run the chance of getting killed in any number of ways. They made the choice to do it, so they shouldn't be mourned. The only people that whould be mourned apparently are people who get murdered while sleeping, but even that, they know when they sleep that they're vulnerable, they made the choice to sleep, so I guess we shouldn't mourne them either. Mourne no one.

Oh wait, maybe we can mourne babies, they didn't choose to be borne, so if they die it's not really their fault.

Another good point.

AC, you can have whatever opinion you wish, but please do not pass it off as the "truth" as you did in this thread. Your opinion is not the truth, it is merely your opinion.

Pretty much all deaths should be mourned, some more than others, I think. Like I said before, I think that civil servants and members of the armed forces should be held in the highest regard for their sacrifice, as they are often killed protecting others or fighting for our country. To simply dismiss their deaths and say they shouldn't be mourned for simply because they took a dangerous position is simply asinine.

BackFire
personally, I think mourning should be done by those who knew and cared about the person, rather than just everyone who does it just to be polite and human.

Strangelove
That's a broad blanket judgement to make don't you think? There are exceptions where death would seem preferable than living; e.g., what if you had an illness that was going to kill you for certain without the possibility of a "reversal" and the short time you had to life was nothing but chronic pain? Would it be "cowardly" to end your own suffering? Don't be so ready to judge. Needless to say, my opinion is not 100% applicable. For illnesses like you mentioned, death might indeed be preferable in the face of difficult treatment coupled with the possibility of death. I admit when I wrote my opinion was I thinking of teen suicide rather than legitimate reasons. I'm just coming out my teen years myself, so that's where my thoughts were. I apologize.

In the cases of a persistent vegetative state or coma, I'm a staunch advocate of living wills, as well.Originally posted by JacopeX
The Holocaust. If you were known to become as a Non survivor in the tragic time. Explain that. You are about to die a Painful death. Again, I was thinking primarily of teen suicide in this day and age. Obviously in the cases of the Holocaust, a quick death would have been preferable.

Robtard
Needless to say, my opinion is not 100% applicable. For illnesses like you mentioned, death might indeed be preferable in the face of difficult treatment coupled with the possibility of death. I admit when I wrote my opinion was I thinking of teen suicide rather than legitimate reasons. I'm just coming out my teen years myself, so that's where my thoughts were. I apologize.

No need to apologize, I just wanted more insight into your opinion; you gave it and I can sympathize with your angle/approach.

soin2cal
If you're referring to the post directly above yours:

"In the pants" refers to penis.

BackFire is referring to Victor Von Doom's penis as being very small.

LOL im meaning the thread in generally LOL!
I like to try and understand things.

Rogue Jedi
Suggesting that holding an opinion different to yours, automatically means the people arguing have direct experience in the matter, reveals your frailty of mind. One who cannot even take into account the other side of an argument may as well argue with ones self in my opinion. I'll give you this quote to savour:
'The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.' F Scott Fitzgerald
ok.....all i did was ask a question. no need to let your english show.

chillmeistergen
ok.....all i did was ask a question. no need to let your english show.

Showing my English? How exactly was I doing that? Is it the fact that I used a quote from an author?

Blaxican
*pssst* It's because you're black.

Victor Von Doom

No, but I am as of yet unaware how much credit to give you.

Originally posted by vandergirl
Seems like this vistor von always picks and arguement with someone about every forum he comments to. Strange! He did the same to my forum also. Someone is very lonely or something Dude you need a dog to argue with!

How very sweet.

He's insecure about his masculinity. I hear he's really small in the pants.

I'm lying, I know he's very small in the pants.

They appear small because they are spectacularly filled.

(B-by male organs).

(M-mine).

Alpha Centauri
Thanks for viewing me as a rebel, Robtard. Perhaps just accepting that not mourning the loss of nobodies is actually acceptable would have been a better choice.

I'm saying if you are "about" mourning random loss, then mourn who didn't invite it.

-AC

Robtard
No, but I am as of yet unaware how much credit to give you.

Well, it was a rhetorical question, but there it is; the answer to your 'hopes' and 'imagininings.

Robtard
Thanks for viewing me as a rebel, Robtard. Perhaps just accepting that not mourning the loss of nobodies is actually acceptable would have been a better choice.

-AC

I don't view you as a rebel, but you're welcome for thanking me nonetheless. Better choice as fact or just simply a different choice...

BackFire

I'm saying if you are "about" mourning random loss, then mourn who didn't invite it.

-AC

Babies invite it...oh...they invite it.

Just as you invite anal rape.

Rogue Jedi
Showing my English? How exactly was I doing that? Is it the fact that I used a quote from an author?
if i have to explain it, the joke is a lost cause.....on you, anyways.

FeceMan
I got annoyed when everyone in my school was all weepy. It really disrupted my day, all that noise and whining.

Cripes. Inconsiderate bastards.

BackFire
Originally posted by FeceMan
I got annoyed when everyone in my school was all weepy. It really disrupted my day, all that noise and whining.

Cripes. Inconsiderate bastards.

I like you.

ragesRemorse

What about retards who's brains havent developed to the stages of understanding consciousness. I think we can mourn retards who dont understand their choices. I mean, how con you look in the face of a retard without feeling pity?

BackFire
Nah, retards are annoying.

ragesRemorse
Nah, retards are annoying.

you have a heart of black backfire.

BackFire
you have a heart of black backfire.

You know you agree.

ragesRemorse
You know you agree.

yeah, but i stil acknowledge their entertainment value

Rogue Jedi
You know you agree.
i know i do. backfire is the man!!!

Blaxican
You know you agree.

My brothers autistic sad

chillmeistergen
if i have to explain it, the joke is a lost cause.....on you, anyways.

Well why don't you explain it anyway? So I can see if everything I said was wasted on you.

Rogue Jedi
Well why don't you explain it anyway? So I can see if everything I said was wasted on you.
just let it go. if you cannot figure it out, im am not going to explain it.

Marxman
I don't agree, It's not just him that this send off is for it's for his family as well. Imagine how you'd feel if your son's life was seen as an utter waste of time and deserves no kind of ceremony. Plus what kind of hardship is it to you just to see some flags half mast, when this is probably the only comfort this lads family and friends are getting? Plus I very very very much doubt that was the only reason he committed suicide. A funeral would do just fine. Why should any entire town celebrate the life of somebody who decided it was too horrible to live anymore. I got my shit to deal with just like anyone else. Yet if I died tomorrow from a heart attack I'd get some kind of memorial service and be buried. Every flag in the city wouldn't be lowered. I don't see how this kid is deserving of this.

Rogue Jedi
suicide is NEVER the answer. you have friends. you have family. you have loved ones. deal with it and move on.

chillmeistergen
Not eeryone has friends and family or loved ones, don't stereotype other people's lies using your own.

Alliance
suicide is NEVER the answer. you have friends. you have family. you have loved ones. deal with it and move on.

May I add that everyone has a lot of crap in their life. If oyu have the ability to contemplate suicide, you're likely better off than half the people in the world who would kill to have some rice for dinner.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Alliance
you're likely better off than half the people in the world who would kill to have some rice for dinner.
That's the only very good argument against people who commit suicide I've read on here so far.

Victor Von Doom
suicide is NEVER the answer.

Depends on the question.

Strangelove
Nah, retards are annoying. Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you have a heart of black backfire. It's not their fault that they're annoying...doesn't change the fact that they're annoying srug

Robtard
It's not their fault that they're annoying...doesn't change the fact that they're annoying srug

What's even more annoying; actors winning Oscars/acclaim for playing retards.

BigRed
I think it's actually a very intriguing concept, suicide.

Not that I'd do it.

But think about it. Taking the life of someone else is scary enough to even think of. Much less taking your own. While looking down at concrete whilst up on a 10 story building, knowing you'll soon be a pancake on the cement, gotta be scary.

And I don't think it's a cowardly act nor something that you should say, "They should be a man."

It's called a disease. Like cancer.

Capt_Fantastic
90% of soldiers who sign their rights away do it with no intention of dying.

don't you think that's a problem?

Rogue Jedi
Not eeryone has friends and family or loved ones, don't stereotype other people's lies using your own.
you mean lives, right?

~Flamboyant~
I was just thinking about this again......isn't suicide technically illegal?

Rogue Jedi
they can lock you away for it, yes.

Magee
I have always been under the impression that anyone who takes their life, for what ever said reason has some thing mentally wrong with them. I would never think to take my life in any situation I was put in, aside the fact I don't have the balls to do it the thought would never cross my mind. Surely there must be something not quite right in their head?

Alpha Centauri
Not really.

Obviously they normally have reasons, but one reason could quite easily be "I just want to.". As extreme as that is, it doesn't imply madness. That's just a society's way of justifying human actions they're afraid of.

-AC

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

well i would hope no one joins the army just to fullfil a death wish, but im sure many do from what my brother says about some fellow soldiers

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Magee
I have always been under the impression that anyone who takes their life, for what ever said reason has some thing mentally wrong with them.

Ever think that they just found the right answer to their problems?

I know i dont mind, It sppeds up the checkout lines at wallmart. Shit, i wish more people would kill themselves, especially the people working check out lines at wallmart. The longer that i have to wait to endulge in the latest product the machine wants me to buy is time wasted spending my money

~Flamboyant~
they can lock you away for it, yes.
You miss the point.

Kinneary
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Would you rather an army of people who want to die, or an army of people who will fight to the end to stay alive?

Rogue Jedi
You miss the point.
they asked if suicide was illegal. i said that they can lock you up for it. whats your point? i never said it was legal or not, just that they can put you away. if you are gonna say i missed the point, elaborate.

~Flamboyant~
they asked if suicide was illegal. i said that they can lock you up for it. whats your point? i never said it was legal or not, just that they can put you away. if you are gonna say i missed the point, elaborate. When you said something along the lines of "they can lock you up for that," I took that as a mockery of my post. The reason being if someone commits suicide they cannot be punished by the law, so even if that was not a mockery, you would be wrong. My point was that since suicide is technically illegal, the school was honoring something that was illegal by raising the flag half-mast. It's somewhat hypocritical.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.