What type of characters do you all enjoy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
I personally enjoy underdogs I have realized over time that most of my favorit characters tend to be the underdogs.

for example my favorit naruto character is rocklee

My favorit DBZ character is Krillin

My favorit yu yu hakishu character is kuwabara.

My favorit comic book character is wolverine

My second favorit comic character is spiderman

My favorit dragon lance character is Flint who is always being underrated.

I seem to have a thing for underdogg type characters howabout the rest of you?

Dinkus Mayhem
Most of the characters I like are villains, the darker and more disturbed the better IMO. I do also like heroes who are troubled, and not the ones like Batman or Wolverine who we know will always be the hero, I like a guy who seems like he is walking the edge and is about to snap (and sometimes does).

Basically any character who have to deal with moral conflicts, guilt, anger, etc....is alright in my book.

Symmetric Chaos
I like the villians and charaters that have interesing motivations or abnormal psych profiles.

Ex:

Bleach I like Aizen
TMOHS I like Yuki
Comics I like most of Batman's rogues gallery
Naruto I like Garra

Mostly I think a character's reasons for what they do are facinating.

Nataku8188
I like a lot of characters who have really badass powers/abilities but are hampered by terrible comic books. Characters like Azrael and Damage who are very interesting characters who are get stuck playing second fiddle to someone else and never get to be developed or are constantly stuck in shitty comic stories.

Endless Mike
I like the ethereal, above good and evil types. Like the Celestials for example.

Donkey Punch
Most charcters with pseudo scientific explanations for their powers, and generally appear in sci-fi esq comics. smile

Dinalfos
I love deeply psychological, angsty characters who aren't clear cut heroes. I also like it when a character has some unsolved mysteries and lots of seperate components to make him or her somewhat multi-interpretable and layered. I don't particularly care about power set, though it helps if the powers/abilities are inherently connected to the character's very being.

Galan007
I personally enjoy reading stories about time travel in comics.

So some of my favorite characters/artifacts are those which can control time, to either small scale or large scale degrees.

Characters such as:

Hourman Android
Extant
Metron
Waverider

Items such as:

The Worlogog
The Time Gem
The Mobius Chair

inamilist
Weird characters

Power's that work in abstract or counter intuitive ways

Magic is somewhat cool, though new age style mysticism just drives me bonkers

its funny, I could probably list the things I don't normally like in characters with greater ease than the things I do...

mostly though, I like characters that don't choose things. I like the idea of people at the mercy of an ever malevolent set of circumstances. Or people who, through no action of their own, acquire mass power. The psychology in these situations is much more appealing to me than the simple "protect because I'm good mentality".

Flame On!!
Characters written in a deconstructionist way. Often breaking conventions like Tom Strong or Nexus.

-FO!!

lordboo
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
Most of the characters I like are villains, the darker and more disturbed the better IMO. I do also like heroes who are troubled, and not the ones like Batman or Wolverine who we know will always be the hero, I like a guy who seems like he is walking the edge and is about to snap (and sometimes does).

Basically any character who have to deal with moral conflicts, guilt, anger, etc....is alright in my book.

totally agree the evil the better,plus raw power and aggression.

"V"
Well written ones.

guy222
Originally posted by capt it up
I personally enjoy underdogs I have realized over time that most of my favorit characters tend to be the underdogs.

for example my favorit naruto character is rocklee

My favorit DBZ character is Krillin

My favorit yu yu hakishu character is kuwabara.

My favorit comic book character is wolverine

My second favorit comic character is spiderman

My favorit dragon lance character is Flint who is always being underrated.

I seem to have a thing for underdogg type characters howabout the rest of you?

1. LT
2. Celestials
3. GR
4. Wolverine/Hulk
5. Batman
6. Galactus
7. Spectre
8. Superman
9. GL
10 Firestorm

Guy222

Big Sexy
I tend to be with the heroes but not the "perfect ones" . I like my heroes to be conflicted.

Batman-Prime
Differs,

DC
Batman
Superman
Krypto
Captain Marvel
Lobo
....too many to name them all wink.

Marvel
Wolverine
Magneto
Spiderman
Captain America
Psylocke
...... the same as DC, there are too many.

Dark Sun

Rikus
Nok
Hamanu
Pavek
Neeva
.... I could name more but you probably won't know them sad.

Angel Sanctuary

Kira
Kurai
Setsuna
Uriel
.... etc.

Final Fantasy

Squall
Rinoa
Edea
Cloud
Tifa
and more, FF VII, VIII, X, X-2.

I could do this all day long stick out tongue, but I better stop.

jgiant
Badass, flawed, avenging, true dealers of justice like Punisher, Hulk, Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. Guys like that. I also like villians cuz they are badass all the time, Like Doomsday, Joker. Ohh and Vegeta and Frieza from DBZ...

pr1983
I like the characters that at first glance seem like they aren't very deep, but once you start peeling away layers you see that there is alot more to them than meets the eye...

the leaders like cyclops and superman... boy scoutish to the casual observer, yet this so called cowardice is, to me at least, a severe form of restraint born of a compulsive need to stop themselves hurting those around them, even when it would be so simple... they also reflect this in their emotional state (cyclops more than superman), in that they use their physical fears as an emotional shield... to those around them they can seem cold and somewhat distant, yet nothing could be further from the truth, they just dont want to express their true selves for fear it would make them lose what they value the most...

given that i'm exactly that kind of person (no powers though unfortunately stick out tongue), those are the ones who appeal to me...

manorastroman
constantine: the bastard you can root for.
gunslinger: the bastard you can root for.
batman: the bastard you can root for.

i'm seeing a pattern here...

Darth Macabre
Villains who have no real reason to do what they do, other than the fact that they want to; as in they're not psychotic, just evil. They don't give into their emotions, if they fail they fail, but they never go for revenge on the ones who stopped them. Since, after all, I believe revenge is petty. Xanatos from "Gargoyles" is a good example of this.

I also like characters that are connected through blood, a lot. For some reason, whenever I write my stories, I always try to connect people wherever it's possible. I'm a big fan of the thought that Gambit and Adam X are brothers to Scott, as well as Wolverine and Sabretooth being brothers, with Wildchild being Sabretooth's son.

Dreampanther
I like characters with a dark side - characters who continually have to exercise restraint - because if you push them too far, you push them over the edge - and then they come back and tear your heart out and show it to you so that it is the last thing you ever see. Characters who become ice-cold with rage, rather than explode. Characters who live in the shadows...

Like Black Panther, or Batman, or Drizzt, or

Waylander,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waylander_the_Slayer

or Creasy (not that stupid, moronic, idiotic movie but the books).

I also like Lobo and Deadpool for the humour and excessive violence

Martian_mind
Characters who live in tragedy,and unlike others they never get to truly recover and the tragedy never ends....it gives them deep psychological reasons for their motives.

Seriously,Jonn is a hero yet he has had a more tragic life then either Magneto or Apocalypse.

p*ssies...

Dreampanther
Oh, and Punisher. I really liked that What if... comic where he killed the entire Marvel universe! evil face

bigbran
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Characters who live in tragedy,and unlike others they never get to truly recover and the tragedy never ends....it gives them deep psychological reasons for their motives.

Seriously,Jonn is a hero yet he has had a more tragic life then either Magneto or Apocalypse.

p*ssies... You don't have to put a star in pussies...
Although, you can put other things in them...
shifty

jasonk3
Originally posted by Martian_mind

p*ssies...

Kind of like characters who dress in black , with all sorts of weapons, no super-powers, peak human physical condition, can accomplish anything with prep-time, and wear maskes shaped out like bats ...yea those are the types characters who kick ass. shifty

Rick/Genis
my opinion is this:

Any character has the potential to be great so long as it has the right writer at the helm.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by bigbran
You don't have to put a star in pussies...
Although, you can put other things in them...
shifty

I know i can,but the question is whether you'll ever get too stick out tongue

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
my opinion is this:

Any character has the potential to be great so long as it has the right writer at the helm.

The smartest comment I read till now on this Forum.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The smartest comment I read till now on this Forum.

Well yeah, but at the sametime I think there are some characters you just dont like regardless of the writer.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The smartest comment I read till now on this Forum. How is that a smart comment at all? The question is what type of characters do you like? Not what character do you characters do you like or what characters could be good depending on who writes them.

willRules
I like a lot of the street level characters like Batman, Captain America, Wolverine and Deadpool. I like the heroes who are weak and powerful at the same time, Like Spidey, Xavier, Beast, GA. And I think Nightwing is a great character especially his interaction with Batman with the whole father son relationship thing.

Newjak
Honestly I like many different types.

But I'll say it I like characters that appear simple but are actually some of the deepest most complex minds you could ever get into. It just reminds me a lot of myself. I also like simple characters that just symbolize something.

Perfect examples of this are Superman, The Thing, and Juggernaut.

Superman is simple character he does the right thing because it is right but in that statement alone is very cimplicated character as well.

The Thing he is simpple in that like superman he does what he does because it is right. Yet at the sametime to do what is right he has to scarifice himself and look like a monster.

Juggernaut is simple because well he has a lot of power and simply uses it to get what he wants. LAthough deep dwn he is a very disturbed person.

I find this simple on the outside complex on the inside way of things fits me perfectly.

xmarksthespot
Villains. Sociopaths. Off-kilter powered characters. And/or scary hot bitchy chicks.

Originally posted by Newjak
The Thing he is simpple in that like superman he does what he does because it is right. Yet at the sametime to do what is right he has to scarifice himself and look like a monster. He should really figure out how to get an on/off switch. If only he knew some sort of supergenius or something... stick out tongue

Dreampanther
Danny Crane!

Newjak
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Villains. Sociopaths. Off-kilter powered characters. And/or scary hot bitchy chicks.

He should really figure out how to get an on/off switch. If only he knew some sort of supergenius or something... stick out tongue Yeah you would think a Supergenious could at the very least give him a holographic ring for public stick out tongue

Alfheim

Thats probably why you dont like Cap, hes far too nice. stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Danny Crane! Denny Crane!!
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah you would think a Supergenious could at the very least give him a holographic ring for public stick out tongue Or you know he could just borrow one from Nightcrawler - considering Nightcrawler doesn't even use his one.Originally posted by Alfheim
Thats probably why you dont like Cap, hes far too nice. stick out tongue When he develops APD, turns evil and is magically transformed into a bitchy scary/hot chick then we'll talk.

Alfheim
When he develops APD, turns evil and is magically transformed into a bitchy scary/hot chick then we'll talk.

Bah!

pr1983
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I also like Lobo and Deadpool for the humour and excessive violence

who doesnt?

never saw that one coming... stick out tongue

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.