Back in Black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jade Lightning
This topic is for the discussion of the Spiderman series, "Back in Black", which premiered yesterday with issue 539 I believe. I haven't read it yet but I did see some images of Peter's counter-attack against the sniper, and all I can say is that they're respect-thread worthy.

I was reading a revew on IGN of the first issue- they gave it a "must read" btw- and I agree when they say that Peter is rarely shown cutting loose with his full potential, but when we do see it, we remember just how powerful the wall-crawler can be.

Anyone read this issue yet?

H. S. 6
It was an excellent issue, in my opinion.

About time we see Spidey cut loose. And he's just about insane now...

Dinalfos
Sounds interesting.

Darth Vicious
I read the issue and its pretty good. I dont mind a darker Spidey, at least for a little while. The only problem I have with the issue is this:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/945/amazingspiderman539024jp1.th.jpg
Are we led to believe that his black costume has been on that building all this years, hold together by his webbing? The same webbing that dissolves in an hour?
I would've liked a better explanation where he had the suit, a box in the basement wouldve done fine to me.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I read the issue and its pretty good. I dont mind a darker Spidey, at least for a little while. The only problem I have with the issue is this:
Are we led to believe that his black costume has been on that building all this years, hold together by his webbing? The same webbing that dissolves in an hour?
I would've liked a better explanation where he had the suit, a box in the basement wouldve done fine to me.
he can modify the formula to make it last longer.

what really bothered me was that JMS couldn't even get may's maiden name right. Fitzgerald? wtf.

I really hate it when writers can't even get the names right of the characters there about to kill off.

LORDSIDIOUS01
It was a great issue. I wish they would keep him in black.

Jade Lightning
I just read the issue myself, and I thought it was awesome. Other than Bendis, JMS if the only writer I can think of to actually show Peter cut completely loose, and I think this is as mad as we're ever going to see him. I loved the raw anger of the issue, and the warehouse fight was handled well, brutal, fast, and to the point- especially the hand-breaking incident.

The final page is a masterpiece, and I genuinely hope Peter keeps his word of "This time, I'm going to kill them." Not that I'm a death mongerer or anything, but I think it would at a lot of depth- more so than there already is for Peter- to have killed someone.

Can't wait for the next issue.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Jade Lightning
I just read the issue myself, and I thought it was awesome. Other than Bendis, JMS if the only writer I can think of to actually show Peter cut completely loose, and I think this is as mad as we're ever going to see him. I loved the raw anger of the issue, and the warehouse fight was handled well, brutal, fast, and to the point- especially the hand-breaking incident.

The final page is a masterpiece, and I genuinely hope Peter keeps his word of "This time, I'm going to kill them." Not that I'm a death mongerer or anything, but I think it would at a lot of depth- more so than there already is for Peter- to have killed someone.

Can't wait for the next issue.

he's already killed someone. Some crazy lady threw herself in front of one his punches.

peter is going to confront kingpin and go on this long rant about how pissed he is and then decide at the end on how he's not going to stoop down to his level or do something that may would hate him see him do....then off to a a few more months of RAWR PETER ANGRY.

Darth Macabre
I would've liked a better explanation where he had the suit, a box in the basement wouldve done fine to me. Man, I think just having it in his closet saying "I kept this to remind me to never go this far again, but now...I need to." would have sufficed.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Man, I think just having it in his closet saying "I kept this to remind me to never go this far again, but now...I need to." would have sufficed.

Exactly! Im sure he can make his webs durable, but this is ridiculous, specially being outside with the elements for years.

NiņoAraņa
dammit, want to read it >.<

What If...
It never really says it's his web in the panel, could be a net :O

I like the dramatics sad

Grimm22
At first I was afraid this was going to have something to do with the other

Thank god only PAD is crazy enough to do that

H. S. 6

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I'm sure we'll get an explanation next issue.

NiņoAraņa
read it, and like you guys said, other then that web thing...droolio

Dinalfos
It looks good, but dark, over-the-edge Spiderman has been done before. Let's hope they take it one step further, this time.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Dinalfos
It looks good, but dark, over-the-edge Spiderman has been done before. Let's hope they take it one step further, this time. he looks like he might kil....like, really kill

Dinalfos

NiņoAraņa
Yeah, that's what they always say. Seeing = believing. well...let's see...

*spoilers i guess* (cus i'm to lazy to type the tag)

1)he thru a minivan/jeep at a building really not caring who was there, just knowing there was someone who hurt may
2)bloodied up some guys...and may have killed one, not sure.
3)webbed up some cop, covering most of his upperbody which=no breathing

*/spoilers*

I'll see if he did any more reckless stuff like that, but he pretty much is disregarding anyone's life who get's in his way

Dinalfos

NiņoAraņa
Well, I didn't read the issue, just the scan. ah.....ok.....well...

i warned you for spoilers ermm

LORDSIDIOUS01
Does anyone think that Peter should stay in black?

zbucsz
saw the scans of back in black pretty dope threw a damn jeep at some1 i dont think he killed any1 he just had blood on his hand i punched some1 right in the nose and he was leakin my sink

Black Adam
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Does anyone think that Peter should stay in black?

probably the most dullest looking costume him or Reily have ever worn.

shit sux.

Soljer
I like the Black Costume, myself....

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Black Adam
probably the most dullest looking costume him or Reily have ever worn.

shit sux. not dull, just simple....to the point.

personallyOriginally posted by Soljer

Black Adam

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer

Wolverine2006
So he's not using the Venom symbiote..just a black, non symbiote, costume?

H. S. 6
The black costume's always been one of my favorites.

Originally posted by Wolverine2006
So he's not using the Venom symbiote..just a black, non symbiote, costume?

Correct. Like the one he wore for a while after he got rid of the symbiote.

SlayDay
Do you prefer Black, hence the thread name?
lol, didnt took time to read it.

in that case, we whites are AT LEAST as good as you black men and women and children, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl rofl

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by SlayDay
Do you prefer Black, hence the thread name?
lol, didnt took time to read it.

in that case, we whites are AT LEAST as good as you black men and women and children, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl rofl you lose. no expression

forever.

SlayDay
ninoarana, r yo also a racist that prefers blacks over whites?

NiņoAraņa

SlayDay
ninoarana, r yo also a racist that prefers blacks over whites?messed

zbucsz
Once ur go black u never go back lol j/p he did got black and went back...............................................................................................................but he cant res the blackness

chithappens
I'm an idiot for thinking that was the symboite. I really really should've figured that

Grinning Goku
Have a problem? Throw a jeep at it!

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Have a problem? Throw a jeep at it! laughing

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Black Adam
he's already killed someone. Some crazy lady threw herself in front of one his punches.

peter is going to confront kingpin and go on this long rant about how pissed he is and then decide at the end on how he's not going to stoop down to his level or do something that may would hate him see him do....then off to a a few more months of RAWR PETER ANGRY. That was Charlie (charlamagne) in Spider-man vs. Wolverine. She wasnt crazy, knew exactly what she was doing. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.