Symbiote Spiderman versus Venom (Eddie Brock)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/da/VenomSBHImage.jpg versushttp://www.illustratorworld.com/users/1/18/1802/a1670.jpg

Soljer
Brock.

Nikkolas
Spidey is around Class 20 now...and the symbiote's strength boost should put him well above Brock.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Spidey is around Class 20 now...and the symbiote's strength boost should put him well above Brock.
The suit doesn't give Spiderman any boost.
no expression
Also the Venom suit is upgraded even without the upgrade Brock wins.

masterbruce
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
The suit doesn't give Spiderman any boost.

are you sure? I know the cartoon isn't cannon, but in the cartoon Spiderman was alot stronger and faster after he got the symbiote.

Also, doesn't it make sense that the symbiote would improve Spiderman's stats, that's why Spiderman wanted to keep it.

And the symbiote certainly improves Spiderman's durability by a great deal, that's a fact.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by masterbruce
are you sure? I know the cartoon isn't cannon, but in the cartoon Spiderman was alot stronger and faster after he got the symbiote.

Also, doesn't it make sense that the symbiote would improve Spiderman's stats, that's why Spiderman wanted to keep it.

And the symbiote certainly improves Spiderman's durability by a great deal, that's a fact.
Durability maybe but not his strenght it happened only in the cartoon.

Sam Z
^True.
Besides, Brock's bonding with the symbiote was much greater than Peter's ever was. That's why he's stronger and more durable.

masterbruce
Special abilities

Symbiotes empower the natural abilities of a host to the point where they far exceed that of normal members of the hosts species. These abilities include the following:

* Superhuman strength
* Superior speed and agility
* Limited invulnerability
* Genetic memory, recalling information from previous hosts.
* Enhanced healing ability.

The symbiote also reacts to the thoughts and will of the host. When Spider-Man was originally selected, he had been thinking about Spider-Woman's costume in the Secret Wars. The symbiote acted on this and formed a similar costume, the one seen on him and Venom. The following are functions that have been demonstrated from various hosts' wills (but are not limited to):

* The ability to form fangs or simple bladed weapons out of their limbs
* The ability to form additional appendages: limbs, wings and tendrils out of their body
* The ability to shape-shift, from mimicking clothing up to and including complete change of appearance and stature.
* The ability to blend with its surroundings.
* The ability to stick to walls (adopted from Spider-Man).
* The ability to produce webbing from its own mass (adopted from Spider-Man).
* The ability to bypass the Spider-Sense (because the original symbiote was attached to Peter first, it took his genetic information and spider-powers. This means that the symbiote attacking Peter would essentially be Peter attacking himself, which wouldn't set off his Spider-Sense; during the Clone Saga, this became complicated, as Venom did set off Ben Reilly's Spider-Sense, but Carnage apparently did not)

shksprtx
I give it to Brock just on the basis of him being able to blindside Peter's spider-sense...

If Peter is also in the symbiote suit, he also loses the adavntage of being able to use sound as a weapon...

I'm not sure Peter's possible (and slight) edge in strength or speed will make much difference in this fight...

Redatom65
spiderman nears and all the venom threads are coming up

LORDSIDIOUS01
I have always liked Spiderman and I like Venom. They might be well evenly matched but, Peter will overpower Brock in the end.

braz
what is Eddie Brock's strength level with the current symbiote..? and why is he vulnerable to sonics..? confused

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I have always liked Spiderman and I like Venom. They might be well evenly matched but, Peter will overpower Brock in the end.

cosigned

masterbruce
the polls show Symbiote Spiderman winning this one.

brainchild81
'Cuz he will. The Spidey respect thread has a scan w/normal Spidey giving Venom the "what for". Black Spidey will FUBAR Venom

Tyranno-Chris
Spidey.

Jyppe
Uh, the symbiote costume NEVER enhanced Spider-man's stats. I don't see how Brock wouldnt win. Unless this was the extremely cancer ridden Brock.

blind faith
True.

All the symbiote would do for Spidey would give him a little better webbing and some camoflauge abilities, nothing more. Venom would still be more durable and stronger, so unless Spidey brings sonics to the fight, Spidey's owned.

Sparkz
Originally posted by masterbruce

Peter wanted to keep the suit because it could mimic all his clothes and he could become Spider-man instantly, not only that but it produced it's own webbing saving Peter a boat load of cash. Other than that he has no real upgrade from the symbiote, now it gave Brock much higher upgrades due to the fact it had copied Spidey's powers and had also completely bonded with Brock.

Now if Peter bonded with the current Venom symbiote it may augment his powers due to it having copied his powers before and being bonded to Brock and the Scorpion, otherwise Peter won't get much of a boost.

Also when did Peter's durability increase, the only time I saw a symbiote increase Peter's durability was in Ultimate Spider-man where he took a bullet but I don't think I have seen anything to imply 616 Spidey had an upgrade in durability.

Anyway I'd give this fight to Brock as Peter is pretty much the same as normal besides he doesn't have to produce his own webbing.

Jyppe
Originally posted by Sparkz
Peter wanted to keep the suit because it could mimic all his clothes and he could become Spider-man instantly, not only that but it produced it's own webbing saving Peter a boat load of cash. Other than that he has no real upgrade from the symbiote, now it gave Brock much higher upgrades due to the fact it had copied Spidey's powers and had also completely bonded with Brock.

Now if Peter bonded with the current Venom symbiote it may augment his powers due to it having copied his powers before and being bonded to Brock and the Scorpion, otherwise Peter won't get much of a boost.

Also when did Peter's durability increase, the only time I saw a symbiote increase Peter's durability was in Ultimate Spider-man where he took a bullet but I don't think I have seen anything to imply 616 Spidey had an upgrade in durability.

Anyway I'd give this fight to Brock as Peter is pretty much the same as normal besides he doesn't have to produce his own webbing.

Exactly! Agreeing with you all the way. Current Symbiote would give Spider-man some upgrades, but it's unkonwn what/to what degree. So we'll pretty much have to assume that it will do him about much as it did the last time he had the symbiote, nothing big AFAIK. Btw, Beer's good big grin

Sparkz
Originally posted by Jyppe
Exactly! Agreeing with you all the way. Current Symbiote would give Spider-man some upgrades, but it's unkonwn what/to what degree. So we'll pretty much have to assume that it will do him about much as it did the last time he had the symbiote, nothing big AFAIK. Btw, Beer's good big grin

Yeah although it is safe to assume Peter would get all the same stuff Brock did, look at when Ben bonded with the Carnage symbiote he seemed to have all the exotic powers of Carnage so maybe Pete would have the same thing with the Venom symbiote.

Jyppe
Originally posted by Sparkz
Yeah although it is safe to assume Peter would get all the same stuff Brock did, look at when Ben bonded with the Carnage symbiote he seemed to have all the exotic powers of Carnage so maybe Pete would have the same thing with the Venom symbiote.

Not really, He held back a lot, besides Venom symbiote is more passive than the Carnage symbiote.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.