Al Gore Testifies on Global Warming before Congress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Al Gore, former U.S. Representative, U.S. Senator, and Vice President and current environmental activist testified before the U.S. Congress yesterday in Washington D.C. He testified before two House committees and the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, of which his chief opponent in the Congress Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma is the ranking minority member.

Predictably, Inhofe acted childishly in trying to 'expose' Gore as an alarmist, refusing to allow him to answer questions until Chairperson Barbara Boxer stepped in.

Articles from the Washington Post:

Opinion Columnist Dana Milbank: "Some Heated Words for Mr. Global Warming" and accompanying video:
http://letters.washingtonpost.com/W2RH0227A080FDCB0412B3047C1C80
http://letters.washingtonpost.com/W2RH02279136EDCB0412B30471ADE0

Reporter David A. Fahrenthold: "Gore Challenges Congress on Climate":
http://letters.washingtonpost.com/W2RH02279126FDCB0412B30471ADE0

Soleran
Gore's recent movie was interesting.

Tptmanno1
Good for him.
Gore is a great speaker, with a sence of humor that has been lacking in politicians of late and has brought due publicity to a issue that needs to be addressed and soon.
If he were to run for president again, I would vote for him.
But he wont, not this time anyway.

ragesRemorse
Gore is God. Dude can convice a nation that a natural occurance is the fault of the same industrial way of life that he endulges in while traveling from state to state in his big ass jet that gives off more toxic emissions that my car or public bus does in a month.

Gore for king...dude is mad brilliant. Even hitler wasnt this good

Alliance
erm

Shakyamunison
He needs to spend some time at the gym.

Alliance
Or control his Big Mac attacks.

pcp
No one will stop global warming. it's too late.

Alliance
What is all Gore going to go outside and "stop it"?

And who the hell said we were able to stop it?

pcp
I should say 'halt it' rather than 'stop it'. It is not impossible to repair the O-Zone Layer, but it is not realistically going to happen. Governments have very little interest in this sort of thing, although it is a huge problem.

ragesRemorse
the myans repaired the ozone layer by burning large quanities of gold. Atleast they thought that worked

Strangelove
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
the myans repaired the ozone layer by burning large quanities of gold. Atleast they thought that worked How did they even know there was an ozone layer? confused

TRH
jesus told them

Fishy
For all you people who think they can stop this by driving a Toyota Prius, read this

Also a few days ago I saw this video An interesting watch for everybody that believes global warming

It sure as hell made me doubt about how true it was. (bit long though)

Shakyamunison
I exhale carbon dioxide all the time, but I carry a plant around with me.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Alliance
What is all Gore going to go outside and "stop it"?

And who the hell said we were able to stop it?

Have you seen An Inconvenient Truth?

BigRed
It sucks that this global warming issue has become not a scientific based issue, but rather a political issue.

It's funny that people actually think this is just a hoax and are passing it off as such. As if, it's not occurring.

That's on the same lines of denial as the Holocaust deniers IMO.

This is something that is not only evident by observing what is happening around you, but through scientific fact. The scientific community basically agrees that global warming is not only a problem to humans, but that humans themselves caused the problem.

Yet, people think it's just liberal bullshit manufactored by Al Gore. That's sad.

Shakyamunison
Why are the polar caps on Mars also melting? confused

Soleran
Originally posted by BigRed
It sucks that this global warming issue has become not a scientific based issue, but rather a political issue.

It's funny that people actually think this is just a hoax and are passing it off as such. As if, it's not occurring.

That's on the same lines of denial as the Holocaust deniers IMO.

This is something that is not only evident by observing what is happening around you, but through scientific fact. The scientific community basically agrees that global warming is not only a problem to humans, but that humans themselves caused the problem.

Yet, people think it's just liberal bullshit manufactored by Al Gore. That's sad.

Change in some of the climate = fact

ice melting everywhere = fact

man caused global warming = theory (at best)

Deano
World's Warmest Recorded Winter, U.S. Government Says

(But records only began in 1880 - it was much warmer 800 years ago because of all those turbo-charged hand carts)

'Temperatures were above average for these months in Europe, Asia, western Africa, southeastern Brazil and the northeast half of the United States, with cooler-than-average conditions in parts of Saudi Arabia and the central United States.'

http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=12405

The real cause of global warming ...
http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/March%202007/sunspots.jpg
... Sunspots

When there is more explosive activity on the Sun the Earth's temperature goes up and vice-versa. The modern and historical temperature and sunspot records blatantly show this and sunspot activity has been increasing since the mid 1970s - matched by rising temperatures.

Carbon dioxide emissions = global warming is a gigantic scam.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soleran
man caused global warming = theory (at best)

In real science Theory is the highest level of validity.

BigRed
Although, it still would be important to know if we are causing it or not.

It sucks that there are those that think it isn't happening at are regardless of human factor or a natural factor.

Once we actually have people believing it's "true", then we can move to the point of proving if we caused it or not.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by pcp
the O-Zone

What's that? An english boy band?

Soleran
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

ok assumptionsmile

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Strangelove
How did they even know there was an ozone layer? confused

Dont know. how did they know how to perform rudimentary brain surgery, or how to construct some of the most remarkable structures in the world, or even decipher the stars? I think aliens told them, or like an earlier post stated...Jesus. There was being who came to visit them...a white man they believed to be God. The man in white said he would one dy return, and this is why they welcomed the spaniards when they came to kill them. think of all that wasted gold, that could be being mined by slaves right now...damn shame, think of all those out of work slaves

ragesRemorse

still only theory. for every theory that suggests man is responsible for global warming, there is a theory stating the exact opposite, that it is a natural occurance that the world is going through. One fact that we do know about global warming is that the planet does go through erratic climate changes. We just experienced a little ice age not that long ago.

personally i think it is the cows farts that is causing global warming laughing

Deano
its the sun. smile

Imaginary
Originally posted by pcp
I should say 'halt it' rather than 'stop it'. It is not impossible to repair the O-Zone Layer, but it is not realistically going to happen. Governments have very little interest in this sort of thing, although it is a huge problem.

The ozone layer has nothing to do with global warming. The ozone layer is all about ultraviolet light and people getting extra sunburnt.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Imaginary
The ozone layer has nothing to do with global warming. The ozone layer is all about ultraviolet light and people getting extra sunburnt.

you sure? sounds like people want me to believe it's all one in the same

Strangelove
Originally posted by Deano
World's Warmest Recorded Winter, U.S. Government Says

(But records only began in 1880 - it was much warmer 800 years ago because of all those turbo-charged hand carts)

'Temperatures were above average for these months in Europe, Asia, western Africa, southeastern Brazil and the northeast half of the United States, with cooler-than-average conditions in parts of Saudi Arabia and the central United States.'

http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=12405

The real cause of global warming ...
http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/March%202007/sunspots.jpg
... Sunspots

When there is more explosive activity on the Sun the Earth's temperature goes up and vice-versa. The modern and historical temperature and sunspot records blatantly show this and sunspot activity has been increasing since the mid 1970s - matched by rising temperatures.

Carbon dioxide emissions = global warming is a gigantic scam. Whenever something is widely accepted, the conspiracy have to make up some other shit because they're the only ones allowed to be batshit insane laughing

parenthesis
Originally posted by Strangelove
Whenever something is widely accepted, the conspiracy have to make up some other shit because they're the only ones allowed to be batshit insane laughing Actually he's right. It is the sun.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Imaginary
The ozone layer has nothing to do with global warming. The ozone layer is all about ultraviolet light and people having increased incidence of melanoma. Fixed.

lord xyz
Originally posted by parenthesis
Actually he's right. It is the sun. Sunspots to be accurate.

Magee
Got any proof of that? Me saying its Venus thats causing Global warming holds as much merit as that. You see sun rays reflect off of its shiney green surface directly towards earth which is then traped in by the blanket of carbon dioxide around our earth.

Honestly this is all bullshit. An excuse for Governments (ours at least) to tax every thing they can, anything thats gives off carbon dioxide. I KNOW LETS TAX0RZ EVERYTINGZ COZ THATZ OBVIOUZLYZ GONNAZ STOPZ TEH GLOBALZ WARMINGZ LOLOLZ!!1!! Sometimes the sheep mentality of this country makes me sick, the people just go along with anything the fuking powers that be say.

grey fox
Global warming is bullshit.

Something AKIN to what the media describes is happening , but it's a part of nature and we can't stop it , it'll all balance out sooner or later.

What the media wants us to belive is that Global Warming is some apocalypse causing, end of the world 'do this or were f*cked' thing.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Magee
Got any proof of that? Me saying its Venus thats causing Global warming holds as much merit as that. You see sun rays reflect off of its shiney green surface directly towards earth which is then traped in by the blanket of carbon dioxide around our earth.

Honestly this is all bullshit. An excuse for Governments (ours at least) to tax every thing they can, anything thats gives off carbon dioxide. I KNOW LETS TAX0RZ EVERYTINGZ COZ THATZ OBVIOUZLYZ GONNAZ STOPZ TEH GLOBALZ WARMINGZ LOLOLZ!!1!! Sometimes the sheep mentality of this country makes me sick, the people just go along with anything the fuking powers that be say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DXttV2C6B8pU

ragesRemorse
Isnt it just the shifting of the Earths axis?

RedAlertv2
How can you look at all the shit we pump into the atmosphere and honestly say that you think global warming is 100% a natural cycle? It maybe partially a natural thing, but its ridiculous to think that we arent affecting the planet somehow

doan_m
When you actually look at the evidence of all the warming periods, particularly the warm period that existed in the middle ages, and also the 3000 year warming period in the bronze age, the credibility of man being the main cause of warming becomes an absurdity.

ragesRemorse
yep..,and my oust doesnt make holes in the ozone. Its from something called vu or wv...no, UV rays. thats it. Massive solar flares and storms are occuring constantly doint much more damage to our atmosphere than we could ever wish to have the ability to harness

AngryManatee

Well actually it's Law but theory is helluva close to law.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you sure? sounds like people want me to believe it's all one in the same

Global warming is about the earth's temperatures increasing. The depletion of the ozone has to do with O3 levels in the atmosphere.

ragesRemorse
no, but thats not what people want me to believe

ragesRemorse
why not just make more ozone? America should just hire some japs to fix the ozone problem. Japs can make,fix and build anything, while carrying a badass katana blade and looking cool all at the same time, except when they eat rice, they look like vulnerable children, with the bowls up to there mouths shoveling the white fluffs into there mouths with two tiny little sticks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.