Comic book power levels...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

What If...
Going through old Uncanny X-men issues, I stumbled upon this and figured I would scan it. It's actually extremely funny considering what any telekinetic is capable of now.

It got me thinking - when did these comic book power levels get so godlike (Marvel anyways).

I can't recall a new title or specific era that boosted the power levels to what we know today.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8108/jeanmg6.th.jpg

Validus
You mean when did the X-Men get so powerful? That comic came from the same era where Hulk was grabbing matter and anti-matter and smashing them together and Gladiator was punching planets to dust.

UniOmni
And Validus was knocking out PC kryptonians..............

**Runs away from the tears**

Donkey Punch
Originally posted by Validus
You mean when did the X-Men get so powerful? That comic came from the same era where Hulk was grabbing matter and anti-matter and smashing them together and Gladiator was punching planets to dust.

Its referred to as Power inflation. I.e. to increase the stakes, comics usually introduce greater and more powerful stakes, which usually coincides with an increase in the heroes/heroines power levels. I quite like power Inflation as it makes Super heroes look more well .... Super. But at the same time it can lead to inconsistent writing. smile

The worst perpetrators have got to be Moljnir, G.L.'s, Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman.

Endless Mike
Comics got so powerful during the Silver Age.... Silver Age power levels for non - cosmic characters were way above modern day levels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.