Previous Knowledge or Basic Knowledge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Hey I was wondering. You know how in the forum rules it states that opponents have basic knowledge of each other, it seems that when we have debates in the vs forum that if two opponents have met each other before we include previous knowledge of their encounters.

So do we assume that in all battles that the opponents have basic knowledge even if they have met each other before?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alfheim
So do we assume that in all battles that the opponents have basic knowledge even if they have met each other before?

Yup.

They know the basic powerset of their opponent as well as anything that is public knowledge to the others world. Or something along those lines.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yup.

They know the basic powerset of their opponent as well as anything that is public knowledge to the others world. Or something along those lines.

Well ok ive noticed it seems in fights people disregard this and include previous knowledge.......

Symmetric Chaos
Well ok ive noticed it seems in fights people disregard this and include previous knowledge.......

They do get prior knowledge as well. Basic knowledge is added on top so that a person will be able to fight well even if the combatants have never met.

starlock
hmmm i would think the rules mean you have to be from the same world(universe )(Company) to have basic knowledge,

My view is if they are from the same universe,basic and previous knowledge would hold.

Not from the same world their encounter would have to be remembered by each combatant,in their respected comics(like a crossover )for any knowledge to be used

I am not saying this is the rules,just my view on the matter

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They do get prior knowledge as well. Basic knowledge is added on top so that a person will be able to fight well even if the combatants have never met.

Yeaaahhh thats what I think but the rules dont state that. The rules say basic knowldege period......and ive been in some debates where somebody has told me previous knowledge doesnt apply. So i think maybe it should be made a rule.

Soljer
Previous knowledge applies.

It's not like the combatants would be mind-wiped, then given basic knowledge, and then thrown into the fight.

Besides, if we ignored previous knowledge, it'd take away the advantage the really experienced guys have.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Soljer
Previous knowledge applies.

Well ok then its like an unofficial rule then?

Originally posted by Soljer

Besides, if we ignored previous knowledge, it'd take away the advantage the really experienced guys have.

Well im talking about previous knowledge of a specific character not experience in general.

Anyway as Tron stated its important to UNDERSTAND the rules. I guess it doesnt have to be written down in black and white and is common sense.

guy222
Hey I was wondering. You know how in the forum rules it states that opponents have basic knowledge of each other, it seems that when we have debates in the vs forum that if two opponents have met each other before we include previous knowledge of their encounters.

Probably, the oldest here big grin I remember comic issues and story arcs.

Tron
Basic knowledge refers to characters that are from different companies, or have just never met. If the characters happen to know each other (or anything else like that) then it applies unless stated otherwise in the beginning of a thread.

Alfheim
Do characters that fight ecah other always get basic knowledge of ecah others powerset regardless of what the general population know?

Sol Incognito

Mindship
I always thought the characters knew of each other to the extent that we know the characters.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Tron
Basic knowledge refers to characters that are from different companies, or have just never met. If the characters happen to know each other (or anything else like that) then it applies unless stated otherwise in the beginning of a thread.

Here ya go. Anyway, not sure what a thread about vs. forum rules is doing here. There's definitely better places for this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.